Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments (Page 453)

Showing posts 9,041 - 9,060 of20,842
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
rio

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Thinking wrote:
But if you're polite to those cu*ts they think they've won.
<quoted text>
Do you really think there is something to win on a forum?

Jeez, I let you waste your time...

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-60
Our prophet was not only a preacher. He was also an able administrator and a just ruler.
Those who have experience of administration know when to act tough and when to act with leniency. A King, Ruler and President knows which criminal to pardon and which to get executed. Those who do not have this experience may only speak in idealistic terms. Such idealistic persons are never able to administer any country or state with efficiency.
Beside so many “Swords” which we have mentioned earlier on this thread. He also had a sword of steel. When no other sword worked and the only solution was to wield the sword of steel, he used that also.
Any one who has read his biography knows that how reluctantly he had to use it. We present below, some of these cases, where prophet had to use the sword of steel.
The Case of ABU AAMIR,‘THE REBELLIOUS” FROM JEWS OF MADINA
ABU AAMIR was one of the learned men of the Jews of Madina who was well renowned for his religious knowledge and his hermit way of life, as having renounced the world. He was nicknamed as “The Learned One” by Jews and general people of Madina.
His fame of learning and renouncing the world was shattered when the Prophet migrated to Madina. If he had real learning (As ABDULLAH BIN SALLAM, or other Jewish scholars), he would have recognized the personality and mission of prophet and would have become his follower.
But his racial prejudice and his false arrogance of knowledge came in his way and he became one of the bitterest enemy of prophet. Prophet changed his nickname from “Learned one” to “FASIQ which means Rebellious.
When Muslim armies were victorious in the Battle of Badr. His heart was broken, and he left Madina, with the aim of wandering around Arabia and stoking in their heart enmity of Islam and Prophet.
Accordingly he went to Makkah, stoked the flame of hatred in their hearts, and was with their armies when they came to fight Prophet and Muslims in the battle of UHUD. Before the hostilities were to begin, he told ABU SUFYAN, the Makkan Commander, let me speak to my people in Madina, may be they will remember me and hearken to my words and turn their back on Mohammad.
He came forward, and cried in a loud voice “O people of AUS and KHAZRAJ (the two major tribes of Madina)! It is me, ABU AAMIR, One whom you used to love and respect. Listen to me and do not chose the path of destruction…”
The people of Madina relied in one voice “O FASIQ! We are fully aware of your ways and your path”
ABU AAMIR turned back to Makkah people saying in a dejected voice “My people have changed completely since I left!!”
ABU AAMIR had earlier advised Makkan army to dig some deep holes in battle ground and cover it with leaves and branches, so that Muslim army and their cavalry or camels may be entrapped in them. Some holes were dug and covered and some Muslims were also trapped in them…..but it so happened that ABU AAMIR while running away from battle field, had his leg on these holes, he fell into it and was killed by a Muslim soldier.
Thus started )or was proven correct) the popular saying “One who digs the trenches for others, falls into it first”!!
Such was the sad story and sad end of ABU AAMIR the FASIQ, who misused his knowledge and deeds by picking the “Sword of Hatred” from the collections of Sword which prophet had.
Can anyone help me find the judge icon shaped like a pair of shoes?
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Most generous.
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think there is something to win on a forum?
Jeez, I let you waste your time...
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

A pair of sandals on the head of a recently shagged prepubescent Aisha should offend no one.
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Can anyone help me find the judge icon shaped like a pair of shoes?

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Allah's holy she camel approves!
Thinking wrote:
A pair of sandals on the head of a recently shagged prepubescent Aisha should offend no one.
<quoted text>
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
islamic Female Genital Mutilation casts shame over your religion...
<quoted text>
Male mutilation (circumcision) may be less physically damaging and even beneficial (in some climates, or for certain, exceptional clinical reasons). However, ALL child mutilation for non-clinical reasons is equally wrong. It is clearly wrong when driven by religion or 'cultural beliefs'.

Religion = superstition

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20639699
The UK has many problems. One is the disproportionate number of blacks and Muslims in our prisons.

(This thread is on both UK and Atheist Topix forums)

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

One lesson in verbal communication.
"Send reinforcements we're going to advance." After a number of repeated versions down the line, the message read; "Send 3 & four-pence (UK old currency) we're going to a dance." So much for the Gospels being handed-down 'by word of mouth.' Am I a believer? What do you think?

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

jacktheladat1 wrote:
One lesson in verbal communication.
"Send reinforcements we're going to advance." After a number of repeated versions down the line, the message read; "Send 3 & four-pence (UK old currency) we're going to a dance." So much for the Gospels being handed-down 'by word of mouth.' Am I a believer? What do you think?
Sooo, when did you first disbelieve? ;0)
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

MUQ wrote:
It is correct that OT books were written many centuries after their original writers does not mean that they are fiction. They might not be revealed word of God, but they do contain words of God.
Quran confirms many things for OT and NT books and those can be treated as authentic.
Sounds like circular reasoning.

The QUran tells us it is the word of Allah. The word of Allah is perfect. Therefore the Quran is perfect. There the Quran is the word of ALlah. And so on.

A implies B which implies A, etc.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

MUQ, you agree the OT writers wrote stories centuries after they were supposed to occur. And the NT writers wrote stories decades after they were supposed to have happended.

Word of mouth stories do not trasmit well in the space of days, never mind decades or centuries!!

We can be very sure that the stories in the OT were made up, or at most loosely based around some events in the distant past, and heavily fictionised.

This is also why can say the Quran is not reliable. Because it is largelt based on the re-telling of the same stories found in the Bible. For example Moses is mentioned 136 times in the Quran, and the stories about him are probably the mostly fiction and legend.
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Male mutilation (circumcision) may be less physically damaging and even beneficial (in some climates, or for certain, exceptional clinical reasons). However, ALL child mutilation for non-clinical reasons is equally wrong. It is clearly wrong when driven by religion or 'cultural beliefs'.
So, it never occured to you that circumcision was introduced in 2 religions coming from the Middle East because of hygiene - same for ablutions, etc.... The best way to enforce it among ordinary folks was to make it part of the religion.
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

It also made it harder to get off, which makes people easier to control.
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
So, it never occured to you that circumcision was introduced in 2 religions coming from the Middle East because of hygiene - same for ablutions, etc.... The best way to enforce it among ordinary folks was to make it part of the religion.
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Thinking wrote:
It also made it harder to get off, which makes people easier to control.
<quoted text>
What do you mean by that?
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Circumcision makes it harder to come. Anything that makes sex "somebody else's business" is controlling.
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean by that?

Since: Mar 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Exactly. If you think the historical Proof for Jesus is light the proof for Moses doesn't exist outside of legends told centuries later.
Adam wrote:
MUQ, you agree the OT writers wrote stories centuries after they were supposed to occur. And the NT writers wrote stories decades after they were supposed to have happended.
Word of mouth stories do not trasmit well in the space of days, never mind decades or centuries!!
We can be very sure that the stories in the OT were made up, or at most loosely based around some events in the distant past, and heavily fictionised.
This is also why can say the Quran is not reliable. Because it is largelt based on the re-telling of the same stories found in the Bible. For example Moses is mentioned 136 times in the Quran, and the stories about him are probably the mostly fiction and legend.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Sooo, when did you first disbelieve? ;0)
I do not recall ever believing in something I can NOT see, smell, touch, taste or hear. I have always sort LOGIC from a very early age - nuf said!
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that's Obvious. Please read my post.
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Thinking wrote:
Circumcision makes it harder to come. Anything that makes sex "somebody else's business" is controlling.
<quoted text>
Really? So circumcision makes it harder to reach climax, according to you. Are you speaking from experience? Because I never noticed it myself!

But even if it was true, how does that give control over a man's sexuality. Please explain.

For your information, circumcision of boys at birth has been common practice in some places for decades, regardless of religion. That method was adopted for prophylastic reasons in many German, Swiss, Austrian, French hospitals and is still common practice in many maternities.
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Circumcision desensitises a whole bunch of nerves in the glans.

If you look at the islamic child grooming culture in Northern England, that is not only due to a dislike of women's rights, it is also due to the inability of many muslims to enjoy a normal sex life.
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? So circumcision makes it harder to reach climax, according to you. Are you speaking from experience? Because I never noticed it myself!
But even if it was true, how does that give control over a man's sexuality. Please explain.
For your information, circumcision of boys at birth has been common practice in some places for decades, regardless of religion. That method was adopted for prophylastic reasons in many German, Swiss, Austrian, French hospitals and is still common practice in many maternities.
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Circumcision desensitises a whole bunch of nerves in the glans.
If you look at the islamic child grooming culture in Northern England, that is not only due to a dislike of women's rights, it is also due to the inability of many muslims to enjoy a normal sex life.
<quoted text>
This is getting even more bizarre by the minute!!

Do you know what you are talking about? I don't think so, so I suggest you read this:

Circumcision

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumcision

You will learn that circumcision is the partial removal of the foreskin. It is supposed to leave the gland intact!

Also, you think that only Muslims get circumcised? Don't you know that up to 1/3 of the male population WORLDWIDE is circumcised? I don't think there is any proof of inability to enjoy a normal sex life!! LMFAO

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 9,041 - 9,060 of20,842
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••