Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 22,285

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#9573 Dec 6, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
The Saudi's need toilet scrubbers that's why Muq is there.
<quoted text>
It's not the toilets he's scrubbing.

Ew, that one even made me ill thinking up.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#9574 Dec 6, 2012
Lol! Don't throw up Muq will be ordered to clean it up :))
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not the toilets he's scrubbing.
Ew, that one even made me ill thinking up.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#9575 Dec 6, 2012
Adam wrote:

There are hundreds of religions

Not just the ones you mention.

There are the abrhaamic ones, indian, chinese, japanese, vietnamese, korean, new religious movements, scientology, new age, neopagan, etc.

You keep on looking at things through the very narrow blinkers of Muhammad.

The difference is that your "prophet" is supposed to be better than your average war criminal. You would think Allah, with time on his hands, would be able to pick someone who people werent going think is a peado and serial killer.

Your "God" did nothing in the first 97,000 years of modern homo sapiens. Then he picks on the most barbaric, most primitive and most degenerate of our species. And gives his "revelations" to these savages.

You have got to be kidding me. Wake up.
Ans.

1. Where did I deny that there are "not" so many religions in the world?

I only said that most "major religion" of the world, claim that they are based on the "revelation which came from God".

So if the God of this Universe is one, how can He send so many contradicting religions?

2. You have no knowledge about life history of our prophet. What you heard from hearsay you repeat.

Our prophet and his followers suffered every insult and persecution at the hands of Makkan chiefs fro thirteen long years.

Twice his flowers had to leave Makkah and seek shelter in the lands of Abyssinia.

Then the prophet and his followers got a temporary shelter in the city of Medina and even there they were harassed by the Makkah people.

Who can fight the fault with the prophet to take arms in self defense and crush his enemies?

But even in the fights our prophet was the "Most peaceful warrior" that the world has ever seen and the world shall ever see.

In ten years of his warfare, the total number of human casualties (counting on both sides) do not even reach 100 (and 450 of them were only in one single case).

And with so less loss of human lives, he conquered a country of the size of Arabia and cleansed it for ever from idolatry.

Compared to that the number of women who had not slept with men (all rest of male, women, old people. Children being killed) were 32,000, in a Single Battle of Moses (Numbers Chapter 31). And how many people Joshua and David and Solomon killed.

And that too fort he land of size of Palestine , and that too temporary possession.

And I do not know you using that title for any of the Jewish prophets?

That shows your superficial knowledge and bias.

And you might think that you are very fair and unbiased in your own eyes!!
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#9576 Dec 6, 2012
Andre wrote:
Great stuff ... we are back to irrelevant responses to the points you so nicely set out in your previous post and to which I responded point for point.
Unfortunately my friend, your totally irrelevant responses make any further reasoned discussion impossible.
Ans.

Yes when you do not want to answer the core issues and keep on avoiding to discuss it, that will be the response which you gave it.

Answering line by line or word by word does not mean that you have addressed the issues which I had mentioned in my post.

Just try to answer this very simple question "Why there should be so many religions"?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#9577 Dec 6, 2012
Albtram wrote:
I suggest you broaden your use of the English language by looking up the terms; straw man argument, comparing apples to oranges, deflection, red herring, logical fallacy, empirical proof, proving a negative, projection, etc.

I would also recommend that you learn to focus, your posts are always rambling off the point and I've yet to see you answer a question in a straightforward manner.
Ans.

Thanks for the advice.

I wish you look at each and every post that is posted on this thread and give your "expert advice" to each of the writer.

What is your profession by the way?

Are you an English Grammar Teacher?

Or work in the sanitation department?

Chicago, IL

#9578 Dec 7, 2012
That's a lot of flowers! And again you show how barbaric the animal known as Muhammad was.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Twice his flowers had to leave Makkah and seek shelter in the lands of Abyssinia.
Then the prophet and his followers got a temporary shelter in the city of Medina and even there they were harassed by the Makkah people.
Who can fight the fault with the prophet to take arms in self defense and crush his enemies?
But even in the fights our prophet was the "Most peaceful warrior" that the world has ever seen and the world shall ever see.
In ten years of his warfare, the total number of human casualties (counting on both sides) do not even reach 100 (and 450 of them were only in one single case).
And with so less loss of human lives, he conquered a country of the size of Arabia and cleansed it for ever from idolatry.
Compared to that the number of women who had not slept with men (all rest of male, women, old people. Children being killed) were 32,000, in a Single Battle of Moses (Numbers Chapter 31). And how many people Joshua and David and Solomon killed.
And that too fort he land of size of Palestine , and that too temporary possession.
That shows your superficial knowledge and bias.
And you might think that you are very fair and unbiased in your own eyes!!
Andre

Durban, South Africa

#9579 Dec 7, 2012
MUQ wrote:
To: Mr. Andre
I went thru your long post and instead of answering it point by point, I would post a simple reply touching the basic question at stack.
MUQ, in view of my expected extended absence from this forum, I considered that I may just as well quickly respond to your post - as my previous response presented no argument.
The central issue at stake here is for you to prove that Islam is the “original” message (as you claimed) from God.
Despite the fact that your response does not address the central issue at stake, I will deal with the various issues raised in your post. If you wished to respond at some stage, let us keep it to the real issue – proof of Islam as the only original and true revelation from the only true God.
A. Proper Approach:
I think I can trace your dilemma, instead of taking a broader view point, you want to justify your own teachings.
When you become narrow minded, you will not see the full picture.
In such cases, you should start with the Basic Question, Why there are so many religions in the world.
Or rather when the Creator of all human beings is one, how there could be different religions?
B. Why Different Religions?:
If there were different Creators, one who made Indians, another who made Chinese and another for Arabs and Europeans and Jews…. Then it is understandable that all these people have totally different religions.
Or if all the religions were at the result of people's own thinking and imaginations, then also it was understandable if they all were so different from each other.
But when all these religions claim that they are based on revelation which their originators received from the Creator of the universe, there must be some commonality in these religions.
Some differences due to local conditions and state of civilizations of countries / customs are expected, but not so fundamental differences so as to totally incompatible with each other.
My arguments therefore did make a common sense and they were based on reason and logic.
You are thus suggesting that the “originators” of the different religions have all received “the light” from one creator, but have each changed it to suit them/to adjust to local conditions- thus each a man-made religion in effect (including Islam, as you have now failed to prove that Islam is different in a fundamental aspect).
Suggesting that there are no fundamental differences contradicts your own argument as having no fundamental differences, the may all lead to God, with here and there a “quirk”. You will fit in quite well with the ecumenical movement and easily accept the teachings of the anti-christ.
I will quite easily show you a few fundamental differences between Christianity and Islam – which strikes at the very core of their beliefs:
Islam accepts Jesus as a prophet - Christianity that Jesus was God incarnate.
Islam is a “works” based faith - good works will (sorry, may) get you to heaven - Christianity accepts that our salvation is based on grace through faith and not on works at all.
Islam claims Jesus never died – Christianity claims that Jesus died on the cross for your sins and mine and was raised from death to life (This is at the very core of Christianity –
1Co 15:16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:
1Co 15:17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.
Thus, you have shot yourself in the foot and also made a claim that is easily refuted
(contd)
Andre

Durban, South Africa

#9580 Dec 7, 2012
MUQ wrote:
C. Abolish the Law:
On the other hand, you instead of tackling the problem on reason and logic went to quote extensively from Bible and expound the theology of Christianity.
There was no shortcoming in the Law by itself; people did not follow it because they did not want to follow it.
Whatever changes needed due to changing circumstances, might be covered by modifying it, but to abolish the law altogether, so that no one is found guilty of breaking the law, looks very strange.
D. Is "No Law" can work in other fields too?
Why can't the same principle work in other spheres too? Do we not see so many "imperfect" laws on Economy / Taxation / Traffic / Law and Order…. Since no one is able to follow them fully, would it be OK to abolish the entire laws so that no one is every found guilty of breaking any law?
So the Christian principle of abolishing law entirely is based unreasonable, and illogical.
E. No Law for not preached by any Prophet of God:
And more so, this idea was not preached by Jesus Christ, a prophet of God, but by St. Paul, who did not meet Jesus during his life time and did not learn any thing from him.
F. Back to original question:
You have not answered my question as to what was the name of religion of all past prophets? It was not Judaism, it was not Buddhism, it was not Hinduism, it was not Christianity, then what are we left with?
You seem to be unfamiliar with the basic teachings of Christianity and did not heed the comments I made earlier. The law stands for those that are under the law (thus not under grace)
Rom 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
But
Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
In essence then, the law stands, so based on that, all of us are guilty. But Christ died for our sins (judgement under the law) so we can live free from condemnation, but at the same time not free to sin (because of being regenerated and now hate sin)
This is an aspect that many Christians also struggle with – law v grace.

You will also know that the “standard” for right living was raised by Jesus and addressed the heart of the law rather than the letter:

Mat 5:21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
Mat 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
And
Mat 5:27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
Mat 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

So, far from abolishing God’s standards, Jesus expounded it further. You will possibly know the story of the rich young ruler, that obeyed the law from childhood, but still realised he was not justified. Jesus addressed the heart:
Mar 10:17 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?
Mar 10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
Mar 10:22 And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.

(contd)
Andre

Durban, South Africa

#9581 Dec 7, 2012
MUQ wrote:
E. No Law for not preached by any Prophet of God:
And more so, this idea was not preached by Jesus Christ, a prophet of God, but by St. Paul, who did not meet Jesus during his life time and did not learn any thing from him.
You are correct.“No law” was never preached by anyone, including Paul. To the contrary, see Paul:
Gal 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Paul basically states that the law does not justify but bring us to Christ (we realise we are sinners by means of the law)
F. Back to original question:
You have not answered my question as to what was the name of religion of all past prophets? It was not Judaism, it was not Buddhism, it was not Hinduism, it was not Christianity, then what are we left with?
Atheism?
Just "pulling your leg".

The name is irrelevant and does not form part of the religion as such – it is a descriptive term – The name of “Christian” was initially given to the disciples in Antioch
Act 11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

There are cults that call themselves Christian, but do not hold to the central doctrines taught in the Bible. A name means nothing other than being a label.

I know you don't keep Christmas. All the same, I trust you will have a good time until we speak again.(DV)
Thinking

UK

#9582 Dec 7, 2012
MUCK also tries to blame all Female Genital Mutilation on non muslims.
Givemeliberty wrote:
The Saudi's need toilet scrubbers that's why Muq is there.
<quoted text>

Chicago, IL

#9583 Dec 7, 2012
I think you meant to ask. Why should there be so many religions?

Answer: there's a lot of idiots who fall for ancient Palestinian myths. Saudi Arabia is full of these retards!
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Just try to answer this very simple question "Why there should be so many religions"?

Chicago, IL

#9584 Dec 7, 2012
By order of the prophet Muhammad and Allah's holy she camel mutilate those little girl's genitals!

Lol!
Thinking wrote:
MUCK also tries to blame all Female Genital Mutilation on non muslims.
<quoted text>
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#9585 Dec 7, 2012
Andre wrote:
<quoted text>There are cults that call themselves Christian, but do not hold to the central doctrines taught in the Bible.
Andre, Why are you pimping for Jebus here on the Atheism forum? News for you fella, Christianity is itself a cult. Yes, you fundies are cult follows.

I dont think Muq is going to buy the trinity 3=1, paul's teaching or any nonsense. Cause to those outside of the christian bubble it is easy to see how ludicrous a religion it is. in the same way you see Islam's faults, whilst being immune of the problems with your own religion. Thats how it works, both you and muq just believe what uou believe cause of what you were indoctrinated into believing.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#9586 Dec 7, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason I do not criticise these "prophets" is because in all liklihood these events in the old testament were fiction. Scholars estimate the OT was put together in the 5-6th century BC. With the oldest fragments dated 2nd century BC. So the stories of these "prophets" are highly dubious.

But in terms of what they record, the Sharia type law in the OT and the genocides committed, it is primtive stuff indeed. Much like another religion we know!

Louisville, KY

#9587 Dec 7, 2012
Why won't Muq talk about Allah's holy she-camel? In Islam if this angel camel comes to you and speaks it is the highest honor!

Lmfao!
Thinking

UK

#9588 Dec 7, 2012
Muqqing hell that's a funny story.
Even from an apologist's website it is funny.

www.quranandscience.com/historical/268-the-ro...

I've pretty much exhausted the bible for comic content.
Need to do the same for the koran next.
Givemeliberty wrote:
Why won't Muq talk about Allah's holy she-camel? In Islam if this angel camel comes to you and speaks it is the highest honor!
Lmfao!
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#9589 Dec 7, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Noticed you dont use "peace be upon him" after names of "prophets". Why is this? I thought this was compulsory for you guys. Also you discuss internal jihad rather than war. Do you consider yourself a liberal or a moderate muslim?

Lexington, KY

#9590 Dec 7, 2012
It is muqqing funny! I have asked dumbfuckmuq about the holy she camel of Allah before and he refuses to speak about this most holy prophet of Islam.

I guess he is ashamed of the she camel!
Thinking wrote:
Muqqing hell that's a funny story.
Even from an apologist's website it is funny.
www.quranandscience.com/historical/268-the-ro...
I've pretty much exhausted the bible for comic content.
Need to do the same for the koran next.
<quoted text>
Thinking

UK

#9591 Dec 7, 2012
Is that why muslims interfere with the camel toes of little girls?

islamic Female Genital Mutilation needs to stop ASAP.
Givemeliberty wrote:
It is muqqing funny! I have asked dumbfuckmuq about the holy she camel of Allah before and he refuses to speak about this most holy prophet of Islam.
I guess he is ashamed of the she camel!
<quoted text>
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#9592 Dec 7, 2012
http://www.dailylife.com.au/life-and-love/rea...

Malala latest...
http://www.siasat.com/english/news/zardari-vi...
..[President of Pakistan] Zardari, who will be accompanied by Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar, will meet Malala after an official visit to Iran, officials said. In several recent speeches, Zardari has referred to Malala as a symbol of Pakistan's resistance against the Taliban's attempts to enforce its mindset and agenda behind the facade of religion.

Malala and her two classmates were injured in an attack by the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan in the former militant stronghold of Swat on 9th October.
Unquote.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The problem of evil and hate (Oct '13) 11 min Patrick 332
Respecting belief: why should you? And why shou... 18 min Patrick 14
Atheist Babies 26 min Patrick 39
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 47 min Patrick 194
An atheist returns to Christ (Jan '09) 59 min Patrick 4,107
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Aura Mytha 227,688
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 6 hr CunningLinguist 118
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE