Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments (Page 448)

Showing posts 8,941 - 8,960 of21,375
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Exactly. Same deity same myth.
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>I have posted it several times before, only to have it ignored. Seems even the Christards are willing to let it stand unanswered, after all somebody might point out that the god of those perves, is their own god of perves.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
3. During the Battle of BANI MUSTALIQ:
There arose some small disagreement between original residents of Madina and those who migrated from Makkah. Hypocrites used this opportunity to enflame this dispute into a full fledged war, Prophet reached and got the situation under control.
Later ABDULLAH BIN UBAI’ said to his followers “I was saying to you, do not give shelter to these beggars from Makkah, now you have seen how strong they have become and are now bossing over you. When we shall reach Madina, we the Honorable people would turn out those wretched people from there”.
This news reached to prophet and he called ABDULLAH BIN UBAI’ and enquired about it. He changed his stance and said that he never said such a thing. Allah confirmed his saying in a Verse of Quran.
Abdullah the son of this Hypocrite in Chief was a true Muslim, when people reached Madina, he stood at the gate with naked sword and said to his father “You said I am honorable and Prophet and Muslims are wretched people, By Allah, unless Prophet allows you, you will never be able to enter Madina”
The news reached the prophet and he told Abdullah to allow his father to enter the city.
4. ABDULLAH BIN UBAI’ and false charge on Aiyesha the Wife of Prophet:
It was the same hypocrite who put a false charge of adultery against the most beloved wife of prophet. Due to these slanders, Prophet, his wife Aiyesha and her household had to undergo almost one month of mental torture.
In the end Allah revealed in Quran verses, exposing the falsehood of this charge. Muslims who had joined in the propaganda were punished with 80 lashes each, but prophet did not punish ABDULLAH BIN UBAI’ saying that “punishment of hereafter shall suffice him”
5. ABDULLAH BIN UBAI’ death and prophet’s Mercy:
Shortly afterward ABDULLAH BIN UBAI’ died and his son came to prophet, so that he should lead the funeral prayer for him.
Prophet gave his shirt, so that it could be used as his burial cloth,….personally lead the funeral prayer….put into grave with his own hands and prayed for his forgiveness.
Omar caught the garment of prophet and said “How can you lead the funeral prayer and pray for him, when he said that and that and acted like this and this”
Prophet ignored the pleas of Omar and said that “Allah has given me choice to pray for them or not. If I was sure that by asking forgiveness for more than 70 times, Allah will accept it, I would do it”
After this incident Allah instructed prophet, never to lead funeral prayer of any Hypocrite or pray for them.
Such was ABDULLAH BIN UBAI’ on which None of the Swords of Prophet were effective and he went “Scot free” or do you think so?!!
Source: Companions of Prophet: by Talib Hashmi
Does anyone know how to turn this sh*t off?
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
There was only ONE religion sent by the Creator for human kind. The present religions are the distorted images of the same old religion.
Islam is the only exception, since it is preserved in the same shame and form in which it was revealed.
Now you can draw your own inference, what it means.
Not what the evidence suggests, but you don't care about evidence and reason, only mindless 'beliefs'.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinduism#History
The earliest evidence for prehistoric religion in India date back to the late Neolithic in the early Harappan period (5500–2600 BCE). The beliefs and practices of the pre-classical era (1500–500 BCE) are called the "historical Vedic religion". The Vedic religion shows influence from Proto-Indo-European religion. The oldest Veda is the Rigveda, dated to 1700–1100 BCE. The Vedas center on worship of deities such as Indra, Varuna and Agni, and on the Soma ritual. Fire-sacrifices, called yajña are performed by chanting Vedic mantras chanted but no temples or idols are known
Unquote.

Certtainly all religions are man-made. As for Muq's father 'seeing the light', it sounds more like he found alcohol.
:-)

http://www.godchecker.com/

Religion = superstition. Enjoy...
http://www.atheismuk.com/2012/03/31/atheism/y...
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

I wonder if natural leaders like Malala can save Islamists from themselves and create a prosperous future for them....
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingh...
Will she be an intellectual and a leader? Or was she just doing what Daddy said?

"Malala is recovering well, and she wants me to tell you she has been inspired, and humbled by the thousands of messages, cards and gifts. They have helped her survive and stay strong," [her Dad said].
Andre

Durban, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
There was only ONE religion sent by the Creator for human kind. The present religions are the distorted images of the same old religion.
Islam is the only exception, since it is preserved in the same shame and form in which it was revealed.
Now you can draw your own inference, what it means.
I normally prefer a direct answer to a direct question. However, seeing that you do not respond as such, I understand that you say that Islam is the original message from God to humankind and thus based on this, would qualify as “best”.
If that is your argument, then it is a false claim as it is obvious that Judaism precedes Islam. There is no record of “Islam” before Mohammad. If you claim otherwise, some historic documentation confirming this and predating Mohammad would be welcomed. They must have kept some record?
If claims of corruption is offered, some proof would really be welcomed.
Sorry Sir, history is not on your side.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

You have a point Muq and Derek both need to be reported again and again for their massive time wasting off topic unread spam and be blocked from posting. That I how we turn the sht off.
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-55

There were cases in which “All Swords” the prophet used to have at his disposal failed and one can say that he failed to “enslave” some people. There were some who faced Muslim army in the battle field and were slain, and there were a few cases which were executed on the order of prophet (which we shall take up in the next episode).

The Case of : MARBA’ BIN QAIDHI, THE BLIND MAN OF MADINA

MARBA’ BIN QAIDHI was a blind man, who lived outside Madina in a garden that lay along the route of Mount of OHUD.

He was one of the party of Hypocrites of Madina, supporter of Abdullah Bin UBAI, the hypocrite in Chief.

On the day of Battle of OHUD, when prophet started with an army of 1000, and after going a short distance Abdullah bin UBAI, the hypocrite along with his 300 followers, deserted Muslim army and went back to Madina, claiming that “prophet did not accept his advice, but accepted advice of young lads of Madina”.

Prophet marched with remaining 700 of his followers to the plains of OHUD, on the way they passed the gardens of this MARBA’ BIN QAIDHI the blind Hypocrite, He heard the commotion and came out of his hut and shouted “O Mohammad! I do not give you permission to pass thru my land. If you are a Messenger of Allah, then you will not pass thru my land without permission”

Then he took a handful of sand and threw it towards prophet saying “By Allah, if I knew this will reach your eyes, I would have done so”!

Companions of prophet became very angry and went forward to punish him…

“Leave him Alone” said the Prophet “He is blind in his eyes and in his heart”

That was all what prophet did to him and went ahead.

There are some people on which “No sword” is really effective. The sword of patience and mercy of prophet had little effect on such blind people!!

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Another hand picked passage from Muq and another example of how the prophet Muhammad was a bloody barbaric war monger. Thank you for verifying what everyone says about the prophet you animals worship.

This is why I wipe my @ss with pages of the Quran. It feels wonderful! I highly recommend this for everyone to try. Pages from the Quran do a jihad on the turd left overs that cling to your booty!

So Muq will you one day blow yourself up for Allah?
MUQ wrote:
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-55
There were cases in which “All Swords” the prophet used to have at his disposal failed and one can say that he failed to “enslave” some people. There were some who faced Muslim army in the battle field and were slain, and there were a few cases which were executed on the order of prophet (which we shall take up in the next episode).
The Case of : MARBA’ BIN QAIDHI, THE BLIND MAN OF MADINA
MARBA’ BIN QAIDHI was a blind man, who lived outside Madina in a garden that lay along the route of Mount of OHUD.
He was one of the party of Hypocrites of Madina, supporter of Abdullah Bin UBAI, the hypocrite in Chief.
On the day of Battle of OHUD, when prophet started with an army of 1000, and after going a short distance Abdullah bin UBAI, the hypocrite along with his 300 followers, deserted Muslim army and went back to Madina, claiming that “prophet did not accept his advice, but accepted advice of young lads of Madina”.
Prophet marched with remaining 700 of his followers to the plains of OHUD, on the way they passed the gardens of this MARBA’ BIN QAIDHI the blind Hypocrite, He heard the commotion and came out of his hut and shouted “O Mohammad! I do not give you permission to pass thru my land. If you are a Messenger of Allah, then you will not pass thru my land without permission”
Then he took a handful of sand and threw it towards prophet saying “By Allah, if I knew this will reach your eyes, I would have done so”!
Companions of prophet became very angry and went forward to punish him…
“Leave him Alone” said the Prophet “He is blind in his eyes and in his heart”
That was all what prophet did to him and went ahead.
There are some people on which “No sword” is really effective. The sword of patience and mercy of prophet had little effect on such blind people!!

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

There you go with that sand people mentality. Here's what you and every Muslim in the history of the world is unable to explain. Your book of desert scribbling uses characters and events from the Torah and NT but the Quran changes what those characters do and say. You sand people claim that those books were corrupted an changed an the Quran restores them to the original proper writings.

But here's the problem. While we find older copies of the bible myth, we never ever find versions that say what the wealthy merchant turned prophet Muhammad said. In fact the older copies of scrolls we find the words again and again go polar opposite what the wealthy merchant turned prophet Muhammad taught. So we have historical evidence time and time again backing this up, all you have is faith by threat of death. Sorry but historical proof outweighs your opinion and the historical proof shows more and more that the barbaric tyrant Muhammad simply stole and made up everything he wrote.

The sand people are easily startled but they'll soon be back and in greater numbers.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
What is means that "religions are as old as human civilization"!!
There was never a time when people did not have a religion.
How can you say that they were man made when the people themselves claim that they are based on "guidance from the above"?
It is your words against their words!!
Please see my reply to Mr. Andre, may be it covers most of points which you mentioned.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
If anyone does, and isn't coming forward with the answer, I'll, I'll I'll, SPIT! So there.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
Your book of desert scribbling uses characters and events from the Torah and NT but the Quran changes what those characters do and say.<quoted text>
Yo GML, You seem to know a bit about Islam. Can you help me out on this point.

I read yesterday, that the Quran may have been written in Syria and not Arabia. And that there is not much evidence that Muhammed had anything to do with it.

Do you know what supports this theory?
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

MUQ wrote:
You will also find prophesies about Last and Final prophet in each of the past revealed scriptures!!
Where? No clear prophecies exist in the Bible. These "prophets" just like your "prophet" are nothing of the sort.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Well firstly we would have to show the so called prophet Muhammad even existed and proof of such is scant. I have read that before. Hitchens gave a great presentation on the real origins of the Quran and needless to say it was less than divine. Lol!

I will go hunting and see what I can jihad up for you :)
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo GML, You seem to know a bit about Islam. Can you help me out on this point.
I read yesterday, that the Quran may have been written in Syria and not Arabia. And that there is not much evidence that Muhammed had anything to do with it.
Do you know what supports this theory?
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-56

Our prophet was not only a preacher. He was also an able administrator and a just ruler.

Those who have experience of administration know when to act tough and when to act with leniency. A King, Ruler and President knows which criminal to pardon and which to get executed. Those who do not have this experience may only speak in idealistic terms. Such idealistic persons are never able to administer any country or state with efficiency.

Beside so many “Swords” which we have mentioned earlier on this thread. He also had a sword of steel. When no other sword worked and the only solution was to wield the sword of steel, he used that also.

Any one who has read his biography knows that how reluctantly he had to use it. We present below, some of these cases, where prophet had to use the sword of steel.

A. The Case of : KA,AB BIN ASHRAF, THE JEW

Enemies of Islam have made this into a big scandal and accuse prophet of most cruelty in ordering secret killing of KA,AB BIN ASHRAF , the Jew living in Madina.

KA,AB BIN ASHRAF belonged to one of the Jewish tribe of Madina. He was a rich man and he was also a poet. When prophet reached Madina, he made a written pact with Jews of Madina of mutual respect and mutual defense against aggression from outside enemies.

Prophet was of the hope that these Jews being people with Torah and with concept of Monotheism and prophet hood and revelation, would recognize his credentials and would join Muslim nation of Madina. But things took a different course, these Jews were having a sort of superiority complex against Arabs and were of the opinion that Prophethood and revelation were the exclusive rights of Jews and no one outside 12 Jewish tribes would be made a prophet.

So they rejected the message of prophet and tried every thing in their power to bring the downfall of prophet and his followers. In Madina they had a “natural” ally in the form of Hypocrites and outside Madina, in the form of Pagan Arabs.

Arabs in general regarded Jews and their scholars as a learned lot and asked many questions from them regarding this “new prophet”. On these occasions instead of speaking the truth, Jews used to console those Pagan Arabs, saying that they were on a better path than the one towards which prophet was calling them.

In these tense circumstances and mutual hatred, the famous Battle of Badr took place. Hypocrites of Madina and Jews were more than confident, that Muslim army would be routed by the Makkah people and that will make the end of prophet and his mission.

But, due to grace of Allah, Muslims won a spectacular victory at Badr, which established them as a firm and emerging force in Arabia. Hypocrites and Jews of Madina felt extreme sadness at the victory of Muslims and their hatred increased many fold, and they were almost etching to pick up a fight with Prophet and Muslims.

They did not had to wait for long. The tribe of BANU QAINUQAH, were the first to break the treaty with prophet, and had to vacate Madina. This further added to the hatred of remaining two tribes that were living in Madina.

KA,AB BIN ASHRAF who in addition to being rich was also a very good poet. He went to Makkah for a visit, met the leaders of QURAISH there, consoled each and every of the clan of those who were killed at the battle of Badr and wrote their eulogies in the form of MARTHIAH.

(Contd.)
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

When he came back, from Makkah, he started using his poetry against Islam and started lampooning prophet and his message. What more he started making fun of Muslim ladies in his poems. This was an act which indicated a very low and mean mentality. Prophet and Muslims kept quite for some time, hoping he would desist, but he took their silence as a mark of cowardice and fear from jews.

Prophet felt that if he openly killed KA,AB BIN ASHRAF it might result in open warfare with Jews, which was not in the best interest of either them or Muslims, as it would cause a lot of blood shed in Madina.

He therefore wanted KA,AB BIN ASHRAF to be executed silently. One day he asked that which of the Muslims would take care of KA,AB BIN ASHRAF as he has caused much suffering to Allah and His Messenger. Mohammad bin MASALLAMA, one young man of ANSARS, volunteered for the job.

He and some of his friends visited KA,AB BIN ASHRAF in the night, on the pretext of taking some loan from him and then pounced on him and killed him.

Jews were terrified when they learned about the killing of KA,AB BIN ASHRAF and refrained from actions of open hostilities against prophet and Muslims.

So by killing one person, prophet was able to save life of many Jews and Muslims in Madina.

That shows that “how careful and selective was prophet, even in his use of Sword of Steel”!!

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

I see Muq is still posting his off topic spam while refusing to answer questions. I guess pretty soon we will have no choice but to report him getting his screen name and IP address blocked.

Feel free to post this in the appropriate Muslim forum Muq but here this is off topic spam.
MUQ wrote:
When he came back, from Makkah, he started using his poetry against Islam and started lampooning prophet and his message. What more he started making fun of Muslim ladies in his poems. This was an act which indicated a very low and mean mentality. Prophet and Muslims kept quite for some time, hoping he would desist, but he took their silence as a mark of cowardice and fear from jews.
Prophet felt that if he openly killed KA,AB BIN ASHRAF it might result in open warfare with Jews, which was not in the best interest of either them or Muslims, as it would cause a lot of blood shed
He and some of his friends visited KA,AB BIN ASHRAF in the night, on the pretext of taking some loan from him and then pounced on him and killed him.
Jews were terrified when they learned about the killing of KA,AB BIN ASHRAF and refrained from actions of open hostilities against prophet and Muslims.
So by killing one person, prophet was able to save life of many Jews and Muslims in Madina.
That shows that “how careful and selective was prophet, even in his use of Sword of Steel”!!

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-56
Our prophet was not only a preacher. He was also an able administrator and a just ruler.
Those who have experience of administration know when to act tough and when to act with leniency. A King, Ruler and President knows which criminal to pardon and which to get executed. Those who do not have this experience may only speak in idealistic terms. Such idealistic persons are never able to administer any country or state with efficiency.
Beside so many “Swords” which we have mentioned earlier on this thread. He also had a sword of steel. When no other sword worked and the only solution was to wield the sword of steel, he used that also.
Any one who has read his biography knows that how reluctantly he had to use it. We present below, some of these cases, where prophet had to use the sword of steel.
A. The Case of : KA,AB BIN ASHRAF, THE JEW
Enemies of Islam have made this into a big scandal and accuse prophet of most cruelty in ordering secret killing of KA,AB BIN ASHRAF , the Jew living in Madina.
KA,AB BIN ASHRAF belonged to one of the Jewish tribe of Madina. He was a rich man and he was also a poet. When prophet reached Madina, he made a written pact with Jews of Madina of mutual respect and mutual defense against aggression from outside enemies.
Prophet was of the hope that these Jews being people with Torah and with concept of Monotheism and prophet hood and revelation, would recognize his credentials and would join Muslim nation of Madina. But things took a different course, these Jews were having a sort of superiority complex against Arabs and were of the opinion that Prophethood and revelation were the exclusive rights of Jews and no one outside 12 Jewish tribes would be made a prophet.
So they rejected the message of prophet and tried every thing in their power to bring the downfall of prophet and his followers. In Madina they had a “natural” ally in the form of Hypocrites and outside Madina, in the form of Pagan Arabs.
Arabs in general regarded Jews and their scholars as a learned lot and asked many questions from them regarding this “new prophet”. On these occasions instead of speaking the truth, Jews used to console those Pagan Arabs, saying that they were on a better path than the one towards which prophet was calling them.
In these tense circumstances and mutual hatred, the famous Battle of Badr took place. Hypocrites of Madina and Jews were more than confident, that Muslim army would be routed by the Makkah people and that will make the end of prophet and his mission.
But, due to grace of Allah, Muslims won a spectacular victory at Badr, which established them as a firm and emerging force in Arabia. Hypocrites and Jews of Madina felt extreme sadness at the victory of Muslims and their hatred increased many fold, and they were almost etching to pick up a fight with Prophet and Muslims.
They did not had to wait for long. The tribe of BANU QAINUQAH, were the first to break the treaty with prophet, and had to vacate Madina. This further added to the hatred of remaining two tribes that were living in Madina.
KA,AB BIN ASHRAF who in addition to being rich was also a very good poet. He went to Makkah for a visit, met the leaders of QURAISH there, consoled each and every of the clan of those who were killed at the battle of Badr and wrote their eulogies in the form of MARTHIAH.
(Contd.)
Your prophet, was no prophet. Your prophet was a thug, he brought a sword. That is a thug!

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

I believe the term profit Muhammad is a more apt title for the animal. Before his meeting with Allah in a cave, by himself, witnessed by nobody else, he was a rich and powerful merchant who was always trying to expand his borders and territory. Many would not sell to him or sell for the price he wanted to pay and what do you know? Those same people were the enemies of Allah and had to be killed! Wowsers!

In fact as Muq himself has shown time an time again most of what Muhammad did was travel, conquer, loot and seize territory by battles fought and won.

Yes he was like Walmart with an army. The Profit Muhammad is apt indeed.
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Your prophet, was no prophet. Your prophet was a thug, he brought a sword. That is a thug!
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
It is strange that you cannot find any "prophesy" about our prophet in Bible, while on the other hand there are "thousands of prophesies" in the same Bible regarding Jesus.
I dont believe they are prophecies either. There are no clear prophecies about Jesus or Muhammed in the OT.

The gospel of Matthew has lots of alledged prophecies. The author of this book was a trickster who lifted quotes out of context from the OT and applied them to Jesus. The whole thing is ridiculous.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
- And Joshua also made use of sword and killed many of his enemies and used the plunder of war.
You have a point of sorts here, the prophets of the OT were just like your "prophet" i.e. serial killers and war criminals. You should be ashamed of yourself to believe in such nonsense.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 8,941 - 8,960 of21,375
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 8 min Buck Crick 354
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 min Thinking 224,006
Our world came from nothing? 17 min Thinking 162
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 28 min Thinking 831
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... 2 hr Patrick 1,285
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 2 hr Carchar king 4
Introducing The Universal Religion 3 hr Thinking 729
•••
•••