Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments (Page 446)

Showing posts 8,901 - 8,920 of21,333
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
No state atheism? Are you real?
Tell that to those who lived 70 years under communism, and for whom the mere fact of being suspected of being a believer could mean years in camps, or sometime death!
Maybe you should meet people who lived under Stalin rather than dismissing state atheism. It did exist!
I did say that the atheism claimed in Europe in the 20th century by many philosophers, writers and intellectuals in general was uncompromising in their denial of deity; there was no doubt about what they were saying! There was no agnosticism in their position. In fact, agnostics were more reviled than believers!
I am not saying that as a very distant christian (catholic) it was a fact. Also, I do not pretend to speak on behalf of other deists.
First the Marxism fallacy, and now the Communism fallacy, you are a creationist christian, stop lying, stop pretending. That's what you are, and until you can be honest on here, you can never be honest anywhere.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-50
Muq-ster, wouldnt you have more success in trying to convert Christians or Hindus? Just to remind you of the obvious, this is the Atheism forum.

We dont believe in the existence of gods. We also dont believe in your prophet, or any other prophet for that matter. So why would we care if your prophet is a noble person or a bad person.

We dont pray, we dont believe any book is divine, or in any kind of superstition, supernatural or paranormal beliefs.

Hope this is clear :)

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-50
Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his “opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him” at “the drop of hat” and all his adversaries would be “terrified” at the mere sight of him.
The picture is far from true, let us look at some incidents from the life of prophet, as what was “this sword which killed the enmity for ever”
The Case of : ZAID BIN SANEA’, A JEW OF MEDINA
ZAID BIN SANEA’ was a Jew who lived in Madina. When the prophet came to Madina and started his mission there, he was partly convinced of the message, but he had some doubts of his own.
He had learned in his scriptures, about the perseverance quality of the Last Prophet, that was to come into the world, whom Moses and other Jewish prophets had described.
He was looking for some opportunity to put his own tests on this quality of prophet. He was not long to wait, for prophet entered into some borrowing deal with ZAID BIN SANEA’ and borrowed some money or some food from him, the loan was to be repaid after a fixed number of days.
The deadline for payment was still three or four days away, when ZAID BIN SANEA’ came to see the prophet, and found him sitting amongst his companions and teaching them about Islam. Without any formality or greetings (as the usual custom amongst Jews and Muslims alike), he addressed the Prophet in following words:
“O Mohammad, when are you going to repay my loan? I know that Family of Abdul MUTTALIB (the grandfather of prophet) are always tightfisted and they try to cheat people on each and every deal”
Companions of the prophet were stunned by this way of addressing and laying false accusations against prophet and his whole family. Omar could not control his anger and he shouted “O Enemy of Allah! Do you know to whom you are talking” then he asked the prophet to allow him to strike at the neck of this uncouth person.
Prophet maintained his calm and said to Omar.“Omar, you have not done the justice, he is the man with a claim against him, you should have told me to repay my loan and he should have told this man to be easy in his demands”.
Then prophet ordered Omar to go and repay the loan amount and add some more, to expiate for his hash words to the creditor.
ZAID BIN SANEA’ left with Omar, got repaid and came back and declared his faith of Islam. He told the prophet “I only wanted to test your patience, because no one but a prophet can maintain his calm and patience under these harsh situations”.
Such was the strange case of ZAID BIN SANEA’ who was enslaved by the “Sword of Patience and calmness” of the many swords which the prophet wielded to his friends and foes alike!
Source: Companions of Prophet: by Talib Hashmi
Proven religious garbage from a proven spammer.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to those who lived 70 years under communism, and for whom the mere fact of being suspected of being a believer could mean years in camps, or sometime death!
Maybe you should meet people who lived under Stalin rather than dismissing state atheism. It did exist!
I did say that the atheism claimed in Europe in the 20th century by many philosophers, writers and intellectuals in general was uncompromising in their denial of deity; there was no doubt about what they were saying! There was no agnosticism in their position. In fact, agnostics were more reviled than believers!
I am not saying that as a very distant christian (catholic) it was a fact. Also, I do not pretend to speak on behalf of other deists.
God isn't real, until you liars can prove your repetitive rubbish stories, everyone with a brain and the ability to question you is going to laugh at your stupidity.
Allymac

Glasgow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have something valuable to say on this thread say it, otherwise stay quiet, moron! Any conversation is well above your IQ level anyway.
Don't just use the anomimity of the internet to unload your dubious jokes about people because they have failed to agree with your sick mentality.
I believe that you are nothing more than an immature teenager with too much time on his hands.
You also believe in fairies and the bogeyman.LOL.
jason norris

Great Sutton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have something valuable to say on this thread say it, otherwise stay quiet, moron! Any conversation is well above your IQ level anyway.
Don't just use the anomimity of the internet to unload your dubious jokes about people because they have failed to agree with your sick mentality.
I believe that you are nothing more than an immature teenager with too much time on his hands.
shut up, you cross dressing perv.go back and do what you do best, the walls of Edinburgh Castle after midnight.
jason norris

Great Sutton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
First the Marxism fallacy, and now the Communism fallacy, you are a creationist christian, stop lying, stop pretending. That's what you are, and until you can be honest on here, you can never be honest anywhere.
on this site only. Elsewhere he/she is called RONAN or I CAN READ.Com pletely lefty with a hatred to non sodomites ,ex British Soldiers, Ex anyone who believes in Country and respect.
A nonce in other words.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is nothing more than a category that defines anyone who is NOT a theist. There are no creeds, dogmas, rituals, or any of the other trappings of "religion" to hang on atheism. There's can be no such thing as "state theism" and there can be no such thing as "state atheism".

The very idea is again the in-group vs. out-group position to vilify a certain category of people. The correlation between atheism and communism is non existent.

The nations normally referred to as "state atheism" have other socio-political structures to consider, such as totalitarianism governments with deified leader mentality. The power and influence religion has over the people is often seen by these regimes as competition for control.

You want to study non-religious governments, look at successful secular democracies. Across the board these countries have lower felony crime rates and higher per-capita income than highly religious countries such as the U.S.
Andre

Durban, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it unclear?
Once you have rejected all religions, there is one question left:
Is there a god or not?
Atheists say vehemently NO.
Agnostics say MAYBE, or I DON'T KNOW.
Deists think there is one, without saying more than that!
So what you are in fact saying that deism is a “default” position for those that have rejected all religions (for whatever reason), and not because you are convinced of its “merits”.
You mention in another post “We are all against "revealed religions", so why start querelling (quarreling) when we are soppose(d) to fight them and their pernicious influence on society”.
Excuse me, sir. You have just incited aggression (“fight” is not a neutral word), and suggesting that revealed religions have a “pernicious influence on society”.
Now unless you suggest that fighting is a positive position to hold and the Biblical “Mat 5:44 but I say to you, Love your enemies; bless those cursing you, do well to those hating you; and pray for those abusing and persecuting you,” is detestable, you have defeated your own argument.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Andre wrote:
<quoted text>So what you are in fact saying that deism is a “default” position for those that have rejected all religions (for whatever reason), and not because you are convinced of its “merits”.
You mention in another post “We are all against "revealed religions", so why start querelling (quarreling) when we are soppose(d) to fight them and their pernicious influence on society”.
Excuse me, sir. You have just incited aggression (“fight” is not a neutral word), and suggesting that revealed religions have a “pernicious influence on society”.
Now unless you suggest that fighting is a positive position to hold and the Biblical “Mat 5:44 but I say to you, Love your enemies; bless those cursing you, do well to those hating you; and pray for those abusing and persecuting you,” is detestable, you have defeated your own argument.
Yeah, then why do christians hate so much, all the time, and attack anything that is different than them?

I'll answer that for you, because the same book you got that one small bit from contains a lot more "kill those who are different" than anything. It's part of the con. Now if you're going to cite bits, you need to finish reading it first.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it unclear?
Once you have rejected all religions, there is one question left:
Is there a god or not?
Atheists say vehemently NO.
Agnostics say MAYBE, or I DON'T KNOW.
Deists think there is one, without saying more than that!
Again with the lame strawman fallacy definition of atheism.

Atheists do NOT claim that gods are disproven. Atheists claim that gods are unproven. Big difference.

Show me some real, independently verifiable evidence for a deity and I'll consider it. Until then, consideration is absurd. And belief without some evidence is delusional.
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

jason norris wrote:
<quoted text>
on this site only. Elsewhere he/she is called RONAN or I CAN READ.Com pletely lefty with a hatred to non sodomites ,ex British Soldiers, Ex anyone who believes in Country and respect.
A nonce in other words.
Humberman999 is Jason Norris, also known as joewale, johnsheaperd, rock white, mick rock or mike 483
Here are his views on women

http://www.topix.com/forum/world/united-kingd...

“you certainly do get worked up. Have noted the dates. Menstrual problems obviously so we will not take you too seriously.”

“As a menstrual debilating hypochondriac you have a retardation and should seek medical advice.
My advice to you is to get laid as often as possible.”

“There is a partnership between normal men and women, stress the word "normal". That partnership does not extend to abnormals, so one assumes you speak for the abnormals.
The word "misogynist", as used by you, is now the "in" word to be used against men who do not like lesbians. Well, wrong again, because they provide normal men with good entertainment value, nothing nicer than a couple of buth bull dykes trying to emulate men. Real turn on.»

« dykes do not like getting pregnant.”

“Millions upon millions of normal women are proud to be called housewife.”

“you are an unrepentant dyke. No law against it, just admit it.”

“Please let either the pmt"pre", the pmt"post", or the hormonal unbalance clear before you enter into a serious post like this.
Not your fault, just female nature. Bless you.»

« The message is quite clear. You are a bull dyke with menstrual problems.
Please see a medic.
Bless you.»

« how do you profess all this when you are not a woman. But a dyke with menstrual problems which remind you on a monthly basis of your sex. Go see a medic.»

« We will know in a few days whether you have passed the menstrual problems you have.”

“You are just a stupid female with hormonic problems.”

“It is obvious that your family were incestuous, probably Nazi, and you are trying to alleviate the guilt you harbour.»

“You are a female. You sit to pee and you bleed monthly. You have not the same physical strength as a male, and you have penis envy.”

“I never have stated that women should be subjected to mens control, because they are naturally that.”
“Sit down and pee.»

« not only can men do what you say they cannot do, they can also juggle female breasts as well. Now that is what I call control.»

« I love uterus envy. Not a day goes past whenever I explore at least one.
No point in talking to a dyke about that though. Might get you worked up.»
jason norris

Great Sutton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
quiet you tosser. rabbit.
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

jason norris wrote:
<quoted text>
quiet you tosser. rabbit.
Humberman999 is Jason Norris, also known as joewale, johnsheaperd, rock white, mick rock or mike 483
Here are his views on women

http://www.topix.com/forum/world/united-kingd...

“you certainly do get worked up. Have noted the dates. Menstrual problems obviously so we will not take you too seriously.”

“As a menstrual debilating hypochondriac you have a retardation and should seek medical advice.
My advice to you is to get laid as often as possible.”

“There is a partnership between normal men and women, stress the word "normal". That partnership does not extend to abnormals, so one assumes you speak for the abnormals.
The word "misogynist", as used by you, is now the "in" word to be used against men who do not like lesbians. Well, wrong again, because they provide normal men with good entertainment value, nothing nicer than a couple of buth bull dykes trying to emulate men. Real turn on.»

« dykes do not like getting pregnant.”

“Millions upon millions of normal women are proud to be called housewife.”

“you are an unrepentant dyke. No law against it, just admit it.”

“Please let either the pmt"pre", the pmt"post", or the hormonal unbalance clear before you enter into a serious post like this.
Not your fault, just female nature. Bless you.»

« The message is quite clear. You are a bull dyke with menstrual problems.
Please see a medic.
Bless you.»

« how do you profess all this when you are not a woman. But a dyke with menstrual problems which remind you on a monthly basis of your sex. Go see a medic.»

« We will know in a few days whether you have passed the menstrual problems you have.”

“You are just a stupid female with hormonic problems.”

“It is obvious that your family were incestuous, probably Nazi, and you are trying to alleviate the guilt you harbour.»

“You are a female. You sit to pee and you bleed monthly. You have not the same physical strength as a male, and you have penis envy.”

“I never have stated that women should be subjected to mens control, because they are naturally that.”
“Sit down and pee.»

« not only can men do what you say they cannot do, they can also juggle female breasts as well. Now that is what I call control.»

« I love uterus envy. Not a day goes past whenever I explore at least one.
No point in talking to a dyke about that though. Might get you worked up.»

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Agnostic atheism is something I have never understood.
To me, you are atheist OR agnostic; you cannot be both.
You deny, or you doubt.
Although I am sure that you are about to tell us that you don't agree with that.
Most of the atheists I have met, all of them in fact, in life or in writting, have strongly denied the existence of god (or God), To them, there was no compromise on that position.
I have never met an atheist who admitted doubting his position regarding the non-existence of god. Their whole philosophy is based on it!
Agnostic atheists must be a " US sect" among atheists, no? You like the joke?
Actually, being atheist just means being without theism. To be what you are calling an "atheist", which is just a non-believer, one must deny the knowledge of any actual gods. Even among we atheist, these designations are not always held to. Many of us, will not think it through and we respond as if atheism, is something that could actually exist. It doesn't. There is no "ism" connected to that which does not exist, being minus something, does not create a framework capable of supporting a dogma.

Agnostics are not theist, either. They too are non-believers, but say that it's possible that a god or gods could exist, they simply don't know. If you were to provide them proof, they would become believers, as would any of us, when given proof. Incontrovertible proof, that is.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Muq-ster, wouldnt you have more success in trying to convert Christians or Hindus? Just to remind you of the obvious, this is the Atheism forum.
We dont believe in the existence of gods. We also dont believe in your prophet, or any other prophet for that matter. So why would we care if your prophet is a noble person or a bad person.
We dont pray, we dont believe any book is divine, or in any kind of superstition, supernatural or paranormal beliefs.
Hope this is clear :)
My aim is not to covert any one, my aim is to deliver the message of Islam to every one. It is upon people to accept it or not to accept it.

This is my duty as a Muslim, and I shall be asked about it.

What you do is your outlook, I will not be asked about it.

I am present to clear all your doubts and misunderstandings about Islam. And there are plenty because due to media hype, most people even do not have basic concept what is Islam.

But due to ignorance, such people are in the forefront of calling for ban on Islam and Muslims.

To them it is a "news" when we say all prophets were Muslims!!
Andre

Durban, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, then why do christians hate so much, all the time, and attack anything that is different than them?
I'll answer that for you, because the same book you got that one small bit from contains a lot more "kill those who are different" than anything. It's part of the con. Now if you're going to cite bits, you need to finish reading it first.
I agree to some extent. There are many "Christians" that attack, lie, judge, slander, insult and ridicule those that have different opinions. Both you and I can cite many instances. This is however not in agreement with Biblical principles. But there are also those that try to live lives according to the Word of God,and those would heed Jesus' commands (albeit that they may also stumble from time to time).

This does not mean that to try and live a godly life, you are required not to oppose views/actions that is contrary to your beliefs -but hopefully this can be done in a decent manner. If you took the life of Jesus, he was often accused of mixing with sinners. Now did Jesus condone their sin? Not at all, but through parables explained the truths of the Gospel. He started his ministry by asking people to "repent", indicating that sinners should leave their sinful practices, turn to God and live holy lives. I am sure that it is the prayer of any real Christian that words spoken will be as full of grace as those of Jesus was - correcting without insult or injury.

Of course God led the Israelites into many battles and even "went before them". The picture presented of Jesus as "gentle and mild" - is to appeal to an emotional response to Jesus.
That is not a true picture. Although Jesus laid down his life for those that will trust him, because of his love for mankind, He is also the one that will come to judge the world and condemn those that did not accept his offer of salvation.(Rev 6:17 because the great day of His wrath has come; and who is able to stand?). He also acted in judgement of nations that oppose him. God hates sin and will condemn those that are disobedient.
For the present, Jesus said :Joh 12:47 And if anyone hears My Words and does not believe, I do not judge him; for I did not come that I might judge the world, but that I might save the world.
Jesus' invite is still as relevant today as it was 2000 years ago:
Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
My aim is not to covert any one, my aim is to deliver the message of Islam to every one. It is upon people to accept it or not to accept it.
Just exchange the word "Islam" with "Christ" above, and you get the exact same thing Christians say. And you KNOW for a fact, that they are delusional and crazy.

You must see the problem here. The reason you believe what you do is cause you are from Saudi Arabia. If you were born into an environment believing in a different mythology, you would believe that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Again with the lame strawman fallacy definition of atheism.
Atheists do NOT claim that gods are disproven. Atheists claim that gods are unproven. Big difference.
Show me some real, independently verifiable evidence for a deity and I'll consider it. Until then, consideration is absurd. And belief without some evidence is delusional.
atheism is a lack of belief. For some it comes from the fact that any god anyone invents and claims is real can be easily disproven by hard evidence and logic.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Just exchange the word "Islam" with "Christ" above, and you get the exact same thing Christians say. And you KNOW for a fact, that they are delusional and crazy.
You must see the problem here. The reason you believe what you do is cause you are from Saudi Arabia. If you were born into an environment believing in a different mythology, you would believe that.
I am not from Saudi Arabia, I am an Indian Muslim working in Saudi Arabia.

My forefathers might not be Muslim, but they saw the light and accepted Islam.

Now let some one prove to me that his or her religion is better than mine, I will choose to accept their faith.

But mere claims are not enough (any one can claim anything). let them come with proofs from their scriptures and prove to me that on their beliefs, their laws and their rules and regulations are better than Islam, I will be ready to join their faith.\

So far no one has come forward, they quit after the first session, when I ask some basic questions so as to come to a common platform to discuss these things!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 8,901 - 8,920 of21,333
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••