Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments (Page 439)

Showing posts 8,761 - 8,780 of21,333
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

atheist or believer makes no difference just people with diffenernt opinions at the end of the day its the subject of debate that causes all the problems
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-46

The Case of Social boycott of KA’B BIN MALIK:

The case of KA’B BIN MALIK and his repentance, if not unique, is extremely rare to find in the annals of religious history of the world. There are important lessons in it for both Muslims and Non Muslims. We are fortunate that KA’B BIN MALIK has himself narrated this incident.

Before we present excerpts from that, I would like to clarify the situation of this Compaign and its criticality for the survival of Nascent Islamic state of Madina.

A. Time period of Tabuk Compaign:

1. This happened in the year 10 H, the year before last year of Prophet’s life. By that Time, Makkah had been conquered and most people of Arabia had entered into Islam.

2. Tribes which had not became Muslim, accepted the authority of Muslims and made treaties of obedience with the prophet. For perhaps the first time in the history of Arabia, whole country was joined under the rule of one authority.

3. There was internal peace in Arabia, but adjoining the Land of Arabia, there were two vast empires of Persia and Byzantine.

4. When Arabs were divided into tribes and clans and fought with each other, these two empires did not give any importance to Arabia or Arabs. But ever since the mission of prophet started and specially after his migration to Madina and Islamic state getting stronger day by day, caused some anxiety in these neighboring superpowers.

5. In the year 6 AH, Prophet sent letters to the rulers of Persia and Byzantine and addressing them on equal terms and asking them “Accept Islam and you will save yourself”. This was “Too much a jolt” to these rulers who never expected an Arab to address them like that!!

6. Persian ruler, sent communiqué to his Governor in Yemen to arrest “this prophet” and send him to Persia. But before the decree could be enforced, he was killed by his own son and the idea was forgotten.

7. Byzantine ruler on the other hand thought of invading Madina and finish this “emerging danger” before it could cause real harm. He started preparation to enlist services of a large army experienced in desert warfare to invade Madina and finish this chapter of Prophethood..

B. Prophet’s preparation for Tabuk Expedition:

1. Prophet had his informers all around Arabia who used to inform him about what was being planned, so the information of a large Byzantine Army to invade Madina reached prophet well in time.

2. In a most prudent and brave decision, prophet thought it fit to take the battles to Byzantine themselves. He decided to march to border town of Tabuk and prevent enemies of Islam into invading Islamic lands.

3. Since this was a real fight against a Superpower of that time, prophet sent open invitation to every one to join in this expedition. It became a test of faith to join this compaign. No one but a known Hypocrite or invalid excused himself from joining this compaign.

4. It was a harsh time for outside compaign, the heat wave was at peak, Harvest time for dates was very close, the distance was more than 800 KM and the enemy was Byzantine Empire. It was a supreme test of faith, patience and perseverance.

5. To cut a long story short, prophet left with an army of 30,000 of Muslims to Tabuk. He reached and waited there but, he found out that the news of Byzantine invasion was not true (or the enemy did not think it fit to confront Muslims at this time).

6. Prophet and Muslims returned to Madina safe and unharmed and every one in the neighboring land was amazed at the daring of Prophet (that within 20 years after this event, Muslims captured the most of empires of Persia and Byzantine is another story).

Now back to our story of KA’B BIN MALIK in his own words:(abridged and translated into English)

(Contd)
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

KA’B BIN MALIK narrates :

Back Ground:

1. I was one of the earliest converts to Islam from Madina and I always accompanied the prophet during his various campaigns.

2. I only missed the Battle of Badr, because it was not clear when prophet left Madina that he is going to fight Makkan army. It was thought that prophet’s target is the Caravan of QURAISH….

3. When the time of Tabuk expedition came, I was very comfortable physically and financially. I had two well fed she camels, ready for journey and I also had horses.

4. It was only lethargy on my part that prevented me from going along side the prophet. I thought that let me stay for a few days and then I would move and catch the prophet en route.

5. The days changed into weeks and I could only find, old and aged people and those who were known hypocrites living in Madina.

6. I was feeling shame, but now there was no way in which I could catch the prophet en route. I waited for prophet’s return.

Prophet’ return:

7. Prophet returned from the expedition, and as was his custom, he stayed in Mosque and those who left behind came and presented their excuses. All hypocrites came forwarded and said their excuses and prophet pardoned them and said nothing.

8. I also came forward and told the prophet “I can also make excuses, but I know that Allah will bring my lies in the open, so I confess that I have no excuse whatsoever. I ask forgiveness from Allah for my mistake”

9. Prophet said “You have spoken the truth, now go back to your home and wait for Allah’ decision”

10. I was told that two other Muslims had told the same thing as me and were also given orders to go home and wait for Allah’ forgiveness.

Boycott Begins:

11. Prophet gave instructions that No Muslim was to speak to us or deal with us in any matter. In one instance we became the outcast of the land.

12. My other two fellows took to their houses and spent their time in weeping and praying to Allah. I was strong and I used to go to prophet’s mosque, pray with him and see his reactions. I found that when I looked at him, he did not look at me. But when I was looking elsewhere, he would look at me.

13. My life became miserable. At the end of thirty days, prophet sent me a word to send my wife to her parents. I asked if I was to divorce her, the answer came “No, but stay away from her”.

14. At the end of 40 days, I found a trader from Syria , looking for me in market place. He gave me a letter from Christian ruler, sympathizing with me and asking me to come to them and I would be most welcome.

15. I wept and burned the letter and cried to Allah that my disgrace has reached so far away.

End of Boycott:

16. It was after 50 days that our trial ended. Allah accepted our repentance and revealed verses pardoning us.

17. I went to prophet, his face was shining, and he congratulated me on my faith and perseverance and recited the verses to me. I wanted to donate my whole wealth, but prophet asked me to give away only 1/3rd in charity. I thank Allah and his messenger for saving me from this trial.

Quranic verses revealed on this occasion are”(He turned in mercy also) to the three who were left behind:(they felt guilty) to such a degree that the earth seemed constrained to them, for all its spaciousness, and their (very)souls seemed straitened to them: and they perceived that there is no fleeing from Allah (and no refuge) but to Himself, then He turned to them, that they might repent: for Allah if oft-forgiving Most Merciful”(9:118)

What an strange and marvelous story!!

“What trolls???”

Since: Sep 12

Lake Forest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Wat the Tyler wrote:
Religion will cease to exist sometime in the 21st century.
I hope so.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Yes he married her when she was 6 even though her Father objected and then he waited 3 years for her to be 9 before raping her err I mean having intercourse with her.

So what is your objection again? The Quran clearly says Muslim men can marry and have sex with preteen little girls.

Just accept it
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. Our prophet’s marriage with Lady Aiyesha:
a. I did not deny our Prophet's marriage with Lady Aiyesha. That uncouth person said “It is mentioned in Quran that our prophet had sex with a 9 year old girl”. I only asked where it is mentioned in the Quran.
When you say something, you should know what you are saying.
b. As regards our prophet’s marriage with lady Aiyesha, there was nothing objectionable in it. It was performed with full approval of her parents, and no one in the contemporary society made any objection to it.
c. he marriage was consummated when lady Aiyesha had reached the age of marriage. There was a three years waiting period so that she could attain that age.
d. And the marriage benefited Lady Aiyesha much more than it benefited our prophet. She became one of the Most Learned Muslim women, because of her close association with the prophet and is universally respected and revered in the whole Islamic nation.
e. Her “modern day supporters” have nothing to help her position or honor. They find it written that “her age was 9 years”…. That is enough for them to start their vilification compaign against our prophet.
Their aim is not to understand the position, but to get any thing to malign the personal character of our prophet, who was the “Noblest Soul that ever lived on this earth”
(Contd.)

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Hey Muq I notice all of your examples of the Prophet involve death, battle, slaves and violence. So I assume we can conclude from your own words that he was indeed a blood thirsty animal yes?

Yes.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
So said ALL The atheists from 1st Century onwards!!
They are still hoping!!

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Any chance you could type that again in english?

Thanks my sub 90 IQ godbot.

BTW this is the atheism forum if you don't like it gtf out.
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Dubbadub.
It has been pointed to me that most of the so-called atheists on this thread, in fact know each other and belong to the same circle of atheists.
Nothing wron in that, of course, but they gather force to drum up their " beliefs" and drown out anyone remotely believer or agnostic, or just doubtful on this thread.
KittenKodder, Gimemeliberty and a few other are in fact using this as a propagation tool.
I thought it look suspociouis that no discussion was possible, just endocrination.
Never mind. Just another example of cyber terrorism.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Jesus didn't exist and ALlah is the moon god of the ancient saudi pagan religion.

You belong to a belief system that encourages men to marry and molest preteen little girls. You cheer as 14 year old children get gunned down on their school bus.

You muslims are sub human animals who worship a child molesting prophet and Allah's Holy She-Camel.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
When Jesus could one only Twelve Disciples out of whole nation of Isreal.... and majority of people rejected his message....who was the winner?
Jesus or the majority of people?
And since when "Popular Support" has become standard for Truth and Falsehood?
I think your belief of too much in your Democratic System has lead you astray. You think if majority of people like or favor some idea, it becomes true.
Truth ALWAYS is in minority in the world, so if majority of people are against me, I know I must be on right path!!
Thanks once again for your support!!

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Nope because this is the atheist forum and you are the unwelcome spambot and troll. Understand halfwit?

So you will take whatever we dish at you, say thank you and ask for more which we will gleefully give and rightfully so.

Now go pray to your zombie jew.
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go.
You keep barging in my posts!
I am through with you.
I do not wish to exchange with you,; is that clear?
Can't you just ignore me?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-47
The Strange Case of HMZA’S Daughter :

Prologue:

Before Islam came to Arabs, the girl child was a neglected in the Arab society. She was looked down and at many times, she was buried at the time of death. If she grew up, she had no right in property of Father, or husband.
When the news of birth of a girl child was brought to the parents, their faces grew large, Quran has drawn this picture in beautiful words like below:
\
“When news is brought to one of them of (the birth of a) female (child), his face darkens, and he is filled with inward grief! With shame does he hide himself from the people, because of the bad news he has had! Shall he retain it on (sustenance and) contempt or bury it in the dust? Ah! What an evil (choice) they decide on”(16:58-61)

Islam’ teaching on Girl Child:

From the very beginning Islam banned this hideous practice, condemning it in the strongest term. Prophet said that “if some one has two daughters or more and he takes care of them and does not give any favorable treatment to boys over them and then marries them off, he shall enter the paradise” Islam gave property and trading rights to women, she was declared as a legal person.

Prophet advised his followers to be kind to their daughters and wives and mothers and sisters. So much so that lot of women improved beyond any imagination in such a short time.

The incident given below happened in year 7 AH, approximately 20 years after prophet had started preaching his mission.

HAMZA and his daughter:

HAMZA was the real uncle of prophet. He was only two years older than the prophet. He was also a suckle brother of prophet as both were given suckle by THUWAIBIYAH, a slave girl of ABU LAHAB. HAMZA accepted Islam in sixth or seventh year of prophet’s mission.

Story of his conversion and his tragic death has already been chronicled in this series earlier. HAMZA was martyred in the battle of OHUD that took place in year 3AH.

He left one daughter at the time of his death, but both mother and child lived in Makkah and the child’s age was between 6-7 years when this story took place.
Prophet’s entry to Makkah:

In year 6 AH prophet came to perform UMRAH, along with 1400 of his followers. He was prevented from doing so by Makkah people and ultimately a treaty was struck between Prophet and Makkah people. This treaty is called Treaty of HUDAIBIAH and is really a mile stone in the history of Islam.

As per terms of the treaty, prophet had to go back to Madina and he could come next year for UMRAH and would be allowed to stay for only 3 days in Makkah. So the prophet came to Makkah in year 7AH with the same 1400 followers, who were refused entry last year.

After performing UMRAH and end of three years, the prophet had mounted his camel to return to Madina, when the daughter of HAMZA came running, saying Uncle, Uncle, what about me?

MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Three claimants for HAMZA ‘s daughter:

People saw the strange site that a few years ago, there was no claimant for a girl child, now three claimants stood to take custody of this Girl Child, they were Ali, Cousin of Prophet, JAAFAR, brother of Ali and ZAID, the adopted son of Prophet!!

The case came before prophet and he asked every claimant to present his logic:

A. Ali ‘s Case: Ali said, she is daughter of My uncle and she is my sister

B. JAFAR’ s Case: He said the same thing as Ali had said, and added her KHALA (sister of Child’s Mother) is my wife.

C. ZAID ‘s Case: He said that she is daughter of my brother (by Arab culture of adopted son being like real son).
Prophet decided in favor of ZAFAR saying “KHALA is like mother”(so it shall be in the best interest of the girl child). And he consoled Ali by saying “Ali is from me and I am from Ali) and he consoled ZAID by saying “He is like me in conduct”.

What a strange reversal of Arab society in mere 20 years for a Girl child!!

Don’t you think?

Source: Companions of Prophet: by Talib Hashmi

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Yes he married her when she was 6 even though her Father objected and then he waited 3 years for her to be 9 before raping her err I mean having intercourse with her.
So what is your objection again? The Quran clearly says Muslim men can marry and have sex with preteen little girls.
Just accept it
<quoted text>
He was having sex with her at 6 years old, just not vaginal penetration. And if he was known to her family he may have been using her from her birth. He was certainly using some child or children. Infant boys are not exempt from these abuses either.
A couple of years ago, I was researching this very subject. I am not one to take another's word against a group of people, I wanted to find the truth on my own. Here is what I seached, and what I found was disgusting. Muq is not going to tell you just how much worse it is, that what you think. I think Muslim law protects animals from buggery better than it does the human child, but there are laws for either.
Google "Muslin law: sex with infants?"
www.cfns.org/videos/islam-sex-with-infant-gir...
arenakedislam.com/2008/10/23/sex-with-infants...
www.cfns.org/videos/islam-sex-with-infant-gir...
Islamic Sex Laws Pedophilia
Let me begin with a quote from a fatwa by the late and unlamented Ayatollah Khomeini of Iran.
"A man can marry a girl younger than nine years of age, even if the girl is still a baby being breastfed. A man, however is prohibited from having intercourse with a girl younger than nine, other sexual acts such as foreplay, rubbing, kissing and sodomy is allowed. A man having intercourse with a girl younger than nine years of age has not committed a crime, but only an infraction, if the girl is not permanently damaged. If the girl, however, is permanently damaged, the man must provide for her all her life. But this girl will not count as one of the man's four permanent wives. He also is not permitted to marry the girl's sister."
You need not fear that your Muslim male baby-sitter will rape your 7-year-old daughter. If he is a good Muslim he will only sodomize her. If he does force his penis into her tiny vagina he is obligated to pay for any surgical repairs that may be required. If those repairs are deemed insufficient you may work out a financial settlement to compensate you for his trivial infraction. No big deal. Muslim boys will be Muslim boys. And, after all, she is only a girl.
Other forms of sexual abuse inflicted on children by Muslim male family members include fondling of genitals, coercing a child to fondle the abuser's genitals, masturbation with the child as either participant or observer, oral sex, anal or vaginal penetration by penis, finger or any other object. Another technique used by Muslim men is called "thighing". The child's legs are pressed together and the abuser inserts his penis between the thighs of the little boy or girl. As this was how Mohammed had sex with his wife, Aisha, from the time she was six years old the practice, of course, was approved of by Ayatollah Khomeini who in his Little Green Book asserted &#65533;It is not illegal for an adult male to 'thigh' or enjoy a young girl who is still in the age of weaning; meaning to place his penis between her thighs, and to kiss her.&#65533; Yes, indeed, you can be a good Muslim while copulating with the thighs of an infant. An Arab woman vigorously denounces this vile practice in the following video clip from Bahrain TV. Her denunciation of the "thighing" of infants and young girls comes towards the end of the interview.

continued >>

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Just accept it
<quoted text>
He didn't wait, Muq knows there is no 3 year waiting period. The child was used immediately, she may have not been used vaginally, but she was used. Preteen is meaningless, if she has cleared her mother's womb she is fair game to the Muslim man.

Since: Nov 10

Dublin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
And you don't know much about the history of Mormonism.
Joseph Smith was a con man throughout his life and in everything he did. I'll give him credit for coming up with a way to commit adultery with another man's wife and make him sound godly at the same time. That's also what led him to his death by a mob while he was sitting in a jail cell.
The Mormon religious history went downhill from there. And yet they have managed to grow beyond into an authoritarian cult with some political influence.
I know quite a bit about it. I've already said I don't think its true. However I wouldn't disrespect people who are Mormons. I don't care what a persons religious beliefs are, they could be Raelian for all I care, I won't disrespect them on account of their religious beliefs......

Dublin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

I agree with the seperation of church and state.

However, I don't agree with trampling on peoples religious/agnostic/atheist etc beliefs.

I'm not going to fall out with a person on the sole basis of them being an atheist, same as I won't fall out with another person on the sole basis of them being a muslim/mormon/raelian etc.

Thats whats better for society.

Dublin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Dubbadub.
It has been pointed to me that most of the so-called atheists on this thread, in fact know each other and belong to the same circle of atheists.
Nothing wron in that, of course, but they gather force to drum up their " beliefs" and drown out anyone remotely believer or agnostic, or just doubtful on this thread.
KittenKodder, Gimemeliberty and a few other are in fact using this as a propagation tool.
I thought it look suspociouis that no discussion was possible, just endocrination.
Never mind. Just another example of cyber terrorism.
Yes there was something strange about them all assembling so quickly and also the monotonous similarity between many of them. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Funny that they blame religion for intolerance etc, yet many of them appear to be the most intolerant.
Andre

Durban, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Not much to say, really.
I believe there is a creator, who was at the origin of the universe, just like I believe there is some form of afterlife. In what form I don't know, may be re-birth, reincarnation, etc ...
Maybe both are linked ...
I reject organised religions that create dogma around beliefs, build structures, try to control people, etc... and pretend to have all the answers.
I prefer to have some of my questions unanswered...
Thanks for the honest answer. Just from my perspective: It seems to indicate that the God you believe in is the One you decide he/she should be? That may be different from that of the next person’s God. Thus, it may be that we create a god to our “liking”, and thus a figment of our imagination – as atheists claim. There seems to be no clear revelation of God.
Please indicate which dogmas and structures you refer to and why it is a problem.
You may have a point with “control” insofar as various cults are concerned – trying to control others, normally by fear and most often a specific “denomination”. That is however not the position for instance put forward in the Bible. The Gospel is in fact “The Good News”– the news that Jesus died for our sins – shed his blood on the cross to make us right with God. Undeserved, by grace alone. For anyone that accepts Jesus Christ as Lord.
Andre

Durban, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion debilitates knowledge, it's very nature is to not question and accept answers from others on faith.
You are making an assumption that is contrary to facts.? It seems to me that people of all religions actively participate in science and technology. As an example, some of the greatest scientists were /are of Christian persuasion. There is even a case to be made that the origin of modern science can be found in Christianity:
"as Whitehead pointed out, it is no coincidence that science sprang, not from Ionian metaphysics, not from the Brahmin-Buddhist-Taoist East, not from the Egyptian-Mayan astrological South, but from the heart of the Christian West"
So without going into a discussion of "who was first", it indicates that your premise is wrong - and an unsupported cliché.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Andre wrote:
<quoted text> people of all religions actively participate in science and technology. As an example, some of the greatest scientists were /are of Christian persuasion.
The church has actively resisted scientific knowledge for centuries.

Since Copernicus we have known the earth is not the centre of the universe, as previously thought. The sun is in fact the centre and we revolve around it.

Since Sir Isaac Newton discovered gravity, whole new fields of science have become available to mankind.

Since Charles Darwin discovered evolution. We have learnt that animals and plants werent created in their existing forms, but that they hve evolved over long millions of years from simpler forms. This has transformed how we view the world.

At each stage in our scientific learning, the church has been fighting progress cause it contradicts the stories of the bible. Science has transformed our lives, we no longer need to resort to magical thinking and superstition to explain natural events.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

correction: the sun of course is at the centre of our solar system, not the universe .. d'oh

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 8,761 - 8,780 of21,333
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••