Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments (Page 433)

Showing posts 8,641 - 8,660 of20,873
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Attacking someone's beliefs and turning them in derision is insulting, like it or not. You atheists have no right to do that!
I could just as well start laughing at your lack of spirituality, at your materialism, at your belief that there is no creator, no afterlife, that for you "Big Bang" came out of nowhere, etc... but I don't. Who says you know reality more than I do?
You have as many answered questions as the believers, so why do you insist in holding the high ground in any conversation?
US citizen, right? How many US politicians say they are atheists? How many atheiists would be trusted by the US public? How comes your country is so religious? Your compatriots, are they all ignorant fools believing in "Myths" and "fairy tales" too? Is your Constitution a fraud? Because religion is very, very powerful in the US! Answer that...
We have no right to insult you? Yet you have the right to attack anyone who doesn't believe like you. Hypocrisy, your name is Christ. Tell you what, when all you religious nuts stop attacking people who are different than you just for being different, then we will lose the right to insult you morons.
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Top of the class in atheism and good behaviour are the Japanese. France and Scandanvian countries are good places too.
Well, according to the stats, almost 85% of Japanese follow Shintoism or Buddism, and many BOTH! Other religions are in minority.

In France, where there are no official statistics, it's estimated that between 83 and 88% are Catholics, between 5 and 10% are Muslims, with the protestants and the Jews trailinmg with 2 and 1%. The government is secular, but the French are not atheist in their majority.

I think you confuse atheism with non-practice of a religion.

Many people don't attend religious services regularly, but still keep their beliefs, teach them to their children, get baptised, or circumcised, get married and are buried according to their religion. Not exactly a statement of atheism, is it?

Enforced atheism was existing in the USSR or in China, It still exists in North Korea, etc... Very often, people turn back to religion, even after 3 generations, once the totalitarism stops. After the collapse of the Soviet Union, plenty of churches were built to satisfy the huge demand of the population going back to Orthodoxy, attending masses, baptising their children, getting married, etc... The Russian Orthodox Church has come back as a pollar of modern Russian society, after 70 years of communist persecution. That's matter for thought, eh ...
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
We have no right to insult you? Yet you have the right to attack anyone who doesn't believe like you. Hypocrisy, your name is Christ. Tell you what, when all you religious nuts stop attacking people who are different than you just for being different, then we will lose the right to insult you morons.
When did I insult you?

Who says I believe in Christ?

I don't attack anyone's beliefs, or lack of; that's their business, but in exchange I expect not to be slandered for mine.

You turn to be more intolerent than the so-called "religious nuts" you so despise.

Lady, you have a problem; like a chip on your shoulder!!

BTW, Your video is crap. I can't judge the content, but the picture and sound quality are terrible, very amateurish. That's the reality!

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

In that case don't come to the atheist forum and you won't have to read us mocking your fictional god. Who says we know more than you? Simply reading your ill informed posts show us that.
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Attacking someone's beliefs and turning them in derision is insulting, like it or not. You atheists have no right to do that!
Who says you know reality more than I do?.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

2000 years ago where Muq is standing the people worshipped a pantheon of gods with Allah the moon god as the chief deity. He and his daughters the stars, created and ruled over all. They believed this so strongly that when a meteorite crashed to the ground these primitives built a shrine around it and people would travel from all around to this place dubbed Mecca to kiss the meteorite. They celebrated Ramadan and fasted during it. All the while painting and proudly showing the symbol of the crescent moon an star as a symbol praising Allah the moon god an his daughters the stars. Allah was the truth and the way as he helped travelers at night with his moonly light. To suggest another deity was above Allah the moon god would result in battles and bloodshed.

So we can see lots has changed there as well.

:rolls eyes, knowing smile:
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I no longer take religious things seriously, as I have come to the realisation that god, heaven, hell, angels, etc are imaginary, in exactly the same way that the gods and myths of ancient socities are imaginary. Where I live in the UK, 2000 years ago they worshiped a pantheon of celtic and roman deities. Its a delusion. No doubt.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
In that case don't come to the atheist forum and you won't have to read us mocking your fictional god. Who says we know more than you? Simply reading your ill informed posts show us that.
<quoted text>
I'm curious...Is that a feeding tube going into your nose on your picture?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

How would atheism defeat religion?(If it were possible)
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't an "atheist forum", it's a thread about atheism defeating religions on Topix! Wahtever "defeating" means in this context.

Why "fictional god"?
You can't prove there is no God, no more than I can prove there is one. We are equal here. Your reasoning isn't superior to mine.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Actually my halfwit mouth breather that is the little girl Malala who was gunned down in the name of your god.

I see you think it is funny and are proud of her suffering.
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm curious...Is that a feeding tube going into your nose on your picture?

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Top left corner mouth breather. Atheism forum. I guess you lack the IQ to read properly.

Yes your god is a work of fiction, nothing more. There is no equality in facts it either is or it isn't true. While I have mountains of proof showing your god is a work of fiction, all you have is opinion that he isn't.

Facts over opinion.

My facts stand you came to the atheism forum to troll and spam and so you will be treated as such and rightfully so.
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't an "atheist forum", it's a thread about atheism defeating religions on Topix! Wahtever "defeating" means in this context.
Why "fictional god"?
You can't prove there is no God, no more than I can prove there is one. We are equal here. Your reasoning isn't superior to mine.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Muslims celebrate Bus full of innocent people blown up.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/21/us-...
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
My facts stand you came to the atheism forum to troll and spam and so you will be treated as such and rightfully so.
<quoted text>
So, this thread is only a self appreciation forum for atheists to gloat and congratulate each other, is it? It doesn't say so ...

Or maybe you just come here full of prejudice to troll and spam yourself, on the off chance that you can antagonise other posters.
Whichever, you sound very insecure and not very clued up at all.

For your information, any true believers also despises people who use religion to explain violence. You confuse politics and beliefs.
I rather leave you to your ignorence.

I met a few atheists in my life, some in my own family, but they never came across as pathetic as you. Bye bye ...

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Those are the ones who don't truly follow what teir God commands them.

I must say wiping your @ss with pages of the Quran is great and by far better than using bible pages. Bible pages are more crinkly and brittle whereas Quran pages tend to be printed on stronger yet softer paper, much more pleasing to the skin.

So web you travel keep a Quran with you, Muslims will smile at you and maybe be less likely to blow you up and when you use the restrooms you have a handy, portable, personal source of toilet paper. Much more hygienic than using some community roll!

Praise be to the prophet for making a book that can best be used to nicely to wipe one's @ss.

Christians, you hear that? Best get using better paper in your book of myths so it can catch up!
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I reject the Hadith?
Tell me a SINGLE Islamic Scholar who says that Hadith is Quran!!
The way in which you people attacked Iraq on false charges was as Barbaric and as criminal as the times of past prophets you are telling of.
So it seems you are as barbaric and as primitive as they were....you have not evolved at all.... and all your "evolution" has been in reverse direction!!
You people want to go back to that level when you are apes were indistinguishable!!

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I was out cold for my NDE, all I remember is nothing. lol
I was on the operating table, gallbladder surgery, but the gallbladder had worked it's way into the liver partially, so the surgeon tried to cut it out but nicked a vein, after they stopped the bleeding they decided to leave that piece still attached. I'm lucky to be alive, if not for modern science and a skilled surgeon, I'd be ... well ... nothing again.
I was awake through most of my NDE (stage IV postpartum hemmorhage), my thoughts and reactions were all consistant with an oxygen starved brain and faltering bodily functions and reactions.

Yes to the cold, floating feeling and yes to the darkening tunnel vision. No to angels, demons or any other supernatural beings or phenomena. Dieing isn't so bad once you let go. In my case I got yanked back (I didn't really want to come back) but I'm ultimately gladI did. It's certainly nothing to fear.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Another attack! "Myths" and "magical thinking" are more insults.
Can't you just accept that some people can have different beliefs than you without insulting them? Who says that you are more "grown up" than me?
Which are these countries where people do fine without religion?
He said "a high percentage of irreligious people" not "without religion." Perhaps if you actually read the posts without twisting and exagerrating the meaning you would have a better grasp of the debate.

One country you might look up is Sweden, they have about 26% of religious (both xtian and nonxtian) people. 53% of the people believe there is probably some sort of life force but do not identify with religion. 23% of the people are atheists; no god, no spirit and no invisible life force.

While you're checking Sweden's religious demographics you may also want to look at their educational and medical programs, average income, low crime statistics, high standard of living and high rate of human advancement.

They are far ahead of the US. We are the world leaders only in the number of incarcerated citizens per capita (almost all prison inmates claim to have religion, lol) and military spending.

Our education system, medical care and standard of living aren't even in the top ten worldwide anymore if I remember correctly. Bottom line, we need real solutions, real action.....not more televangelists.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Why "fictional god"?
The planet Earth is about 4.5 billion years old. 4.5 billion years of nonevidence is a little more convincing to me *shrugs*.

If you can't see the logic in that, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
Actually my halfwit mouth breather that is the little girl Malala who was gunned down in the name of your god.
<quoted text>
My bad. The picture wasn't clear and was not labeled. I assumed it was a picture of you chilling with a blanket since you posted it as your profile picture. I couldn't figure out what the stringy thingy around the nose area was.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
Where was she gunned down? Who gunned her down? When did it happen? What is her name?
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
The planet Earth is about 4.5 billion years old. 4.5 billion years of nonevidence is a little more convincing to me *shrugs*.
If you can't see the logic in that, we'll just have to agree to disagree.
Or maybe you could answer me how the 4.5 billion years old planet Earth came to be? I know the scientists tell me it's the "Big Bang". But what provoked the Big bang, eh soldier?
When you will prove to me that the whole universe came out of nowhere and spontaneously, you too will be a little more convincing to me "shrugs".
Nonevidence isn't an answer.

In between, it's just a question that needs an answer, although you may already have decided there is no question to ask, so no answer to offer.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Google up Malala you ignorant Christhole.
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
Where was she gunned down? Who gunned her down? When did it happen? What is her name?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 8,641 - 8,660 of20,873
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••