Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments (Page 428)

Showing posts 8,541 - 8,560 of21,369
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Fucking her is an example? An example of what? Inhumanity? Pure dirty evil?
It is an example of why no woman ever should allow herself to become pregnant by any Muslim man. Her child might be raised to be such a monster as you.
BTW .... Is that the only way ugly or poor men get to have sex? By rape? With that incredible lack of ethical behavior among you lot, I am sure that men roam the streets just looking for any woman to make an example of. After all 3 out of 4 men, will never be allowed to have any kind of sex except for when they join in on the gang banging punishment of some girl or woman. They then will have to kill her as a whore, am I correct. After all a dozen or so men have had a bit of that piece, right? Their actions make her the guilty one.
Sorry Dude, I blew a fuse when I mistakenly thought that I was responding to ya heba's shit. I am going to have to take a step back, and see the sarcasm for what it is. Time for RP's chill pill.

Since: Mar 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Heba is a woman and has said so several times.

Wow you are so busy spamming like a mindless drone you don't even read your fellow Muslim's posts!

Hahahaha!
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you brother for your support and appreciation.
Salaam
MUQ

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

In this spam we see violence more violence, threats of violence and death.
Muq again clearly shows why Islam is the most brutal savage religion in the world. This is what the ignorant Muslims are indoctrinated on so is it any wonder they blow themselves up, fly planes with children into buildings, gun down 14 year old children on the school bus and honor kill their own children for wanting to wear jeans.
Muq why not tell us about Allah's magical She-camel! It's in the Quran and probably isn't as savage as your usual spam. Hey who needs to post passages from the Quran showing how brutal and ignorant it is? Muq is doing a great job doing that!
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!
MUQ wrote:
Which spam the Prophet
ABU DHARR belonged to the tribe of GHIFAR of Arabia. This tribe had a bad reputation of engaging in highway robbery and every one was afraid of people from this tribe.
When the prophet declared his mission and this information spread thru out Arabia,
ABU DHARR then decided to go himself and see for himself. He reached Makkah, but he did not know anyone in Makkah, neither he knew about prophet, so he just waited in Kaaba, perchance he may find him there. When evening came, Ali the cousin of prophet seeing one man from outside Makkah and no one to help him, took him with him to his house for food and shelter. In the morning ABU DHARR went back to Kaaba as on previous day, this continued for three days.
On fourth day, Ali asked him about his purpose of visit to Makkah and ABU DHARR told him after lot of persuasion. Ali then took him to prophet. Prophet explained to him about Islam and rehearsed some verses from Quran. ABU DHARR immediately accepted Islam and became some of the earliest entrants to Islam.
Prophet advised him to go back to his tribe and meet him, when Islam became stronger,“No ! O Messenger of Allah” said ABU DHARR “I will go to Kaaba and rehearse this Quran openly there” Saying this he went to Kaaba and started reciting Quran in aloud voice.
QURAISH were stunned, for first few moments, they looked aghast, then they pounced on ABU DHARR from all directions and started beating him. They were beating and were about to kill him, when some one said “Do you know this man is from GHIFAR tribe. If you kill them they will make your travels very dangerous”.
So they left him and people dropped him to the house of ABBAS, uncle of prophet and he returned to his tribe a fully committed Muslim.
ABU DHARR joined prophet in Madina when he heard that prophet had migrated there. ABU DHARR has had a high place in Islam and amongst the companions of prophet. He lived the life close to hermit in Islam and was well renowned for his forceful talk, whenever he noticed any thing which he considered wrong.
He died during the Caliphate of Othman, the third Caliph of Islam in a place called RABDHA, which is in the outskirts of Madina.
Such was the wonderful story of ABU DHARR “critically wounded” by the “sword of Truth and Quran” wielded by prophet. A single stroke was enough to enslave and capture him for life!
Source: Companions of Prophet: by Talib Hashmi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Do you have a shred of evidence to the contrary? No you don't and you know it.

Now in the case of the prophet Muhammad the Quran clearly states he had sex with a 9 year old girl, do you deny this fact?

So what do you call a man like the prophet Muhammad who has sex with a 9 year old girl?

I will give you a minute to pray to the holy she-camel of Allah for guidance.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
How are you SURE that he like college age chicks?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

See Muq just went crying to the Mods about me!

:(

Do you need to go cry Muq? Perhaps the magical she-camel of Allah will come comfort you if you pray hard enough!

Lmfao!
ya heba

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

gaz wrote:
<quoted text>doesn't really back up the theory of evolution that statement doesn't
i don't believe in that evolution mumbo-jumbo, all i am saying is only technology evolves, nothing else.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

ya heba wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't believe in that evolution mumbo-jumbo, all i am saying is only technology evolves, nothing else.
So then there is no such thing as vaccines where you live.
gaz

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Me neither. Do you think technology is just a big cycle too, I know they found a battery in Baghdad over 2000 years old and they've found complex metals in the Caucasus and screws in coal. The craziest is I think they found a model glider plane in brazil hundreds of years old and when they threw it, it still flew
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are under a false nation that this Universe just came by itself and human just "evolved" with no purpose for his life on this earth….. then you are taking a big gamble…. A gamble with your life…. And it might cost you dearly.
This is a friendly advice form one Human to another brother in humanity!!
I am an agnostic not an atheist, so as for the creation of the universe, I dont think there is enough evidence to say what is the cause. That is my personal view.

In terms of purpose. I believe we each create our own purpose here. I dont feel the need ro rely of deities for a purpose in my life.

The talk about taking a gamble with my life if I chose incorrectly reminds me of Pascal's wager. The best bet according to him was to chose God's existence.

"If you erroneously believe in God, you lose nothing (assuming that death is the absolute end), whereas if you correctly believe in God, you gain everything (eternal bliss). But if you correctly disbelieve in God, you gain nothing (death ends all), whereas if you erroneously disbelieve in God, you lose everything (eternal damnation)."

There are manu arguments against this wager. My favorite is that it is dishonest to feign belief, to try to con God into thinking you are worthy of eternal bliss by deception.

The whole idea of heaven and hell is illogical and contradictory. For starters this is based on ancient myth. The Jewish desert nomadic people believed "up there" is a Semitic god of war accompanied by a pantheon of angels and sons of god. In reality there is sky and then space. There is no physical heaven and hell.

Secondly hell is a barbaric and immoral idea. That for simply being born in the wrong place, or time, or wrong religion, you can be sent to a firey hellish place for eternal punishment. No compassionate entity would be so cruel and immoral. The reality is that when own brains die, we die. All the evidence in the real world supports this.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists cannot convince religious people, just like religious people cannot convince atheists.
Having said that, gratuitous insults like "superstition", "self-deluded" and "Crutch to deal with reality" are not necessary.
The fact is that both sides are right in their beliefs. There is no conflict. It's all about faith in what you beleive, which cannot be proven anyway.
There is much wrong with this point of view you express.

Atheists in general don't have beliefs in the sense of religious beliefs. Religious beliefs ARE superstitious. It isn't insulting to say so, it is merely acknowledging reality - or do you seriously believe that Mohammed was sent by Allah or that Jesus died for our sins? That religious people delude themselves is a reasonable, honest and objective point of view, not an insult. It might not always be necessary to say these things, but pretending they aren't true or that isn't what people are thinking is being reticent (at best), not polite.

Atheism isn't growing, exactly. It would be more accurate to say that religion is declining in the face of religion and science. An increasing number of people (religious or otherwise) are acknowledging that relgions are ALL man made and that some are simply worse than others.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Oops! I meant, "It would be more accurate to say that religion is declining in the face of education and science."

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Shaw was, I think, a believer, although he refused to be associated with any established religion.
Myself? I choose to be drunk, if it makes me happier.
What the harm anyway, eh?
Alcohol pickles the liver. I have a theory it also pickles the brain. After all, there are sufficient numbers to support it.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I simply believe in God.
I have spent most of my life trying to convince myself I was an atheist, but I see no sense in my life if there is no meaningful afterlife, hence I started to believe again. But I haven't turned into a religious fanatic.
It's all very simple and peaceful, and I don't mind if people think I am misguided.
Now this is a far more reasonable point of view. However, why you see no sense in your life if there is no meaningful afterlife seems odd to me.

It seems most healthy to be reasonably sceptical and believe nothing beyond what can be justified by reason and evidence, but you offer one motive for doing otherwise. Assumptions about gods and aferlives are not always so benign. I think many suicide bombers are partly motivated by the belief in afterlife rewards, as if all the injustices they feel they see can be put right in a later 'life'.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

jacktheladat1 wrote:
<quoted text> Alcohol pickles the liver. I have a theory it also pickles the brain. After all, there are sufficient numbers to support it.
I sometimes wonder which is the most damaging addicton in the UK, alcohol or religion.
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>There is much wrong with this point of view you express.
Atheists in general don't have beliefs in the sense of religious beliefs. Religious beliefs ARE superstitious. It isn't insulting to say so, it is merely acknowledging reality - or do you seriously believe that Mohammed was sent by Allah or that Jesus died for our sins? That religious people delude themselves is a reasonable, honest and objective point of view, not an insult. It might not always be necessary to say these things, but pretending they aren't true or that isn't what people are thinking is being reticent (at best), not polite.
Atheism isn't growing, exactly. It would be more accurate to say that religion is declining in the face of religion and science. An increasing number of people (religious or otherwise) are acknowledging that relgions are ALL man made and that some are simply worse than others.
The bottom line is "Do you believe in God or not?"

If you don't believe, like atheists, that's a statement, a belief in itself. You are convinced there is no God,(it's your intimate BELIEF) and you would argue your case. The negation of God IS a belief!

Then, you mix up belief in God with religion. Belief in God is one thing that engages one individual. Religion is the need to accept a structure around your belief, with dogma, rules, etc... That's quite different.

Atheists don't hold the high ground to tell believers they are supersticious. Atheists cannot prove the absence of God, no more than believers can prove its existence. So, this is a sterile discussion. Acceptance and tolerance on BOTH sides is needed.

For an atheist to turn religion into derision is a sign of aggression; if you don't believe in God, leave those who do alone!
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Now this is a far more reasonable point of view. However, why you see no sense in your life if there is no meaningful afterlife seems odd to me.
It seems most healthy to be reasonably sceptical and believe nothing beyond what can be justified by reason and evidence, but you offer one motive for doing otherwise. Assumptions about gods and aferlives are not always so benign. I think many suicide bombers are partly motivated by the belief in afterlife rewards, as if all the injustices they feel they see can be put right in a later 'life'.
Without afterlife, life itself has no meaning for me. I think that we are more than mere vegetables. I cannot really explain it, but I think that life is just part of a cycle, and that something is waiting beyond death.

If you wait for it to be justified by reason and evidence, fine. But I think you will be waiting for ever whilst I am ready to take a leap of faith and believe in it. That's the difference between an atheist and a believer.

Now, not all believers are suicide bombers!
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
if you don't believe in God, leave those who do alone!
Many of us here are ex christians, so know the damage psychologically that religion can do. Helping people recover from entrenched delusions is a service.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Without afterlife, life itself has no meaning for me.
Thats a ridiculous statement. We each give our own meaning to our lives.

To give your life meaning through fairy tales of jewish mythology is silly. Far better to look for meaning in the real world, and relationships with real people.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

You and all who believe in Sharia law believe Malala deserved to be gunned down. Watch this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
ya heba wrote:
<quoted text>
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of us here are ex christians, so know the damage psychologically that religion can do. Helping people recover from entrenched delusions is a service.
I am an ex-christian too.
I can't say I suffered "psychological damage", but I never accepted Christianity as a religion for me.
Too many contradictions in that religion.

Also, I suspect that people who claim they are atheist in reaction to a religion they rejected are not really genuine; I know I wasn't.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 8,541 - 8,560 of21,369
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••