Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments (Page 427)

Showing posts 8,521 - 8,540 of21,340
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

You think that's funny, check out the Quran and Allah's magical she-camel. Why it was important to say the camel is a she I will leave up to you.

The prophet was freaky like that I guess.
gaz wrote:
Funny how the chimps ain't turning into people and we as a people haven't evolved anything
gaz

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

ya heba wrote:
<quoted text>
the only thing that evolves with time is technology.
doesn't really back up the theory of evolution that statement doesn't
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, atheism will defeat religion in numbers. Believe it or not.
That being said the thread here does not imply in any way that all religious superstition will be wiped off the face of the earth completely. There will always be the self deluded few who need a crutch to deal with reality.
Atheists cannot convince religious people, just like religious people cannot convince atheists.

Having said that, gratuitous insults like "superstition", "self-deluded" and "Crutch to deal with reality" are not necessary.

The fact is that both sides are right in their beliefs. There is no conflict. It's all about faith in what you beleive, which cannot be proven anyway.
gaz

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
You think that's funny, check out the Quran and Allah's magical she-camel. Why it was important to say the camel is a she I will leave up to you.
The prophet was freaky like that I guess.
<quoted text>
I wonder if she had a camel toe

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Ask the prophet Muhammad. Camel toe had a whole different meaning for that child molester.
gaz wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder if she had a camel toe
gaz

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Ask the prophet Muhammad. Camel toe had a whole different meaning for that child molester.
<quoted text>
yyyyyyyyuah that was kinda what I was hinting at

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

ya heba wrote:
<quoted text>
atheists are animals, its to be expected, evolution gives them the right to behave as such.
Yet, you behave as the more vicious animals on the planet. Piranha have better morals than you do, they don't kill their own kind just for being unique.
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Are atheists happier than believers?

That's the question, and I don't think that is true.

Also, in countries where atheism was enforced, why were the people resisting it, and keeping their faith in secret?

Several governments have tried in the past to stop religious beliefs (USSR, China, Albania, etc...) have they succeeded? No. Why?
Atheist Silurist

Barrow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

gaz wrote:
Im not slinging mud and im not trying offense anyone, but Dawkins does believe in the ancient astronaut theory , which makes great films like Prometheus but to me that's all it is an interesting story backed up by one text whereas the bible or idea of creation is backed up by a hell of alot more. Also the whole evolution theory and I'm not trying piss on anyones fire here is just as flawed as the creation theory or do I have to elaborate even more. The argument always is going to boil down to well who made God and I'll always say well where did the particles that made your big bang come from.
Dawkins doesn't believe "ancient astronaut theory"

It takes a massive amount of quote mining to come to that conclusion.
Unless people are stupid and credulous enough to listen to a droning idiot like,Ben Stein.
Atheist Silurist

Barrow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

rio wrote:
Are atheists happier than believers?
That's the question, and I don't think that is true.
Also, in countries where atheism was enforced, why were the people resisting it, and keeping their faith in secret?
Several governments have tried in the past to stop religious beliefs (USSR, China, Albania, etc...) have they succeeded? No. Why?
"Are atheists happier than believers?"

"The fact that a believer is happier than a sceptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality."

George Bernard Shaw.
Atheist Silurist

Barrow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

gaz wrote:
Funny how the chimps ain't turning into people and we as a people haven't evolved anything
Such a statement only serves to expose your ignorance and credulity.

Not good enough. You fail.
Atheist Silurist

Barrow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

ya heba wrote:
<quoted text>
atheists are animals, its to be expected, evolution gives them the right to behave as such.

Human.

Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Class: Synapsida
Class: Mammalia
Order: Primates
Family: Hominidae
Tribe: Hominini
Genus: Homo
Species: H.sapiens

What part don't you understand?

Better to be classified as animal than vegetable.
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
"Are atheists happier than believers?"
"The fact that a believer is happier than a sceptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality."
George Bernard Shaw.
Shaw was, I think, a believer, although he refused to be associated with any established religion.

Myself? I choose to be drunk, if it makes me happier.
What the harm anyway, eh?
Atheist Silurist

Barrow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

ya heba wrote:
<quoted text>
atheists(Darwinists) are indenial.their God is Charles Darwin and their prophet is Richard Dawkins. nuff said.
Yeah,I think you've said enough. Your ignorance and idiocy is glaring.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

ya heba wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are not made of skin, flesh, blood and bone, like all the other animals? Are you like a fairy animal, maybe like a unicorn? All real humans are just meat sack animal, in various configurations.
Speaking of behaving as animals, how many species kill their own kind, while following the dictates of a false mythology?
Atheist Silurist

Barrow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Shaw was, I think, a believer, although he refused to be associated with any established religion.
Myself? I choose to be drunk, if it makes me happier.
What the harm anyway, eh?
Mental and behavioural disorders due to use of alcohol
Degeneration of nervous system due to alcohol
Alcoholic polyneuropathy
Alcoholic cardiomyopathy
Alcoholic gastritis
Alcoholic liver disease
Chronic hepatitis, not elsewhere classified
Fibrosis and cirrhosis of liver –(Biliary cirrhosis)
Alcohol induced chronic pancreatitis
Accidental poisoning by and exposure to alcohol
Intentional self-poisoning by and exposure to alcohol
Poisoning by and exposure to alcohol, undetermined intent
Atheist Silurist

Barrow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-42
Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his “opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him” at “the drop of hat” and all his adversaries would be “terrified” at the mere sight of him.
The picture is far from true, let us look at some incidents from the life of prophet, as what was “this sword which killed the enmity for ever”
The Case of : ABU DHARR GHIFARI
ABU DHARR belonged to the tribe of GHIFAR of Arabia. This tribe had a bad reputation of engaging in highway robbery and every one was afraid of people from this tribe.
When the prophet declared his mission and this information spread thru out Arabia, ABU DHARR also got curious. He sent his brother UNAIS to go to Makkah and find out about this prophet and his teachings. UNAIS was the poet of the tribe and a powerful orator himself.
UNAIS came and lived for a few days in Makkah, he met prophet, and listened to his sermons and talks. When he went back ABU DHARR asked him, and he said that “people say that he is poet, but what he says is not poetry”…..but he did not say more about his teachings.
ABU DHARR then decided to go himself and see for himself. He reached Makkah, but he did not know anyone in Makkah, neither he knew about prophet, so he just waited in Kaaba, perchance he may find him there. When evening came, Ali the cousin of prophet seeing one man from outside Makkah and no one to help him, took him with him to his house for food and shelter. In the morning ABU DHARR went back to Kaaba as on previous day, this continued for three days.
On fourth day, Ali asked him about his purpose of visit to Makkah and ABU DHARR told him after lot of persuasion. Ali then took him to prophet. Prophet explained to him about Islam and rehearsed some verses from Quran. ABU DHARR immediately accepted Islam and became some of the earliest entrants to Islam.
Prophet advised him to go back to his tribe and meet him, when Islam became stronger,“No ! O Messenger of Allah” said ABU DHARR “I will go to Kaaba and rehearse this Quran openly there” Saying this he went to Kaaba and started reciting Quran in aloud voice.
QURAISH were stunned, for first few moments, they looked aghast, then they pounced on ABU DHARR from all directions and started beating him. They were beating and were about to kill him, when some one said “Do you know this man is from GHIFAR tribe. If you kill them they will make your travels very dangerous”.
So they left him and people dropped him to the house of ABBAS, uncle of prophet and he returned to his tribe a fully committed Muslim.
ABU DHARR joined prophet in Madina when he heard that prophet had migrated there. ABU DHARR has had a high place in Islam and amongst the companions of prophet. He lived the life close to hermit in Islam and was well renowned for his forceful talk, whenever he noticed any thing which he considered wrong.
He died during the Caliphate of Othman, the third Caliph of Islam in a place called RABDHA, which is in the outskirts of Madina.
Such was the wonderful story of ABU DHARR “critically wounded” by the “sword of Truth and Quran” wielded by prophet. A single stroke was enough to enslave and capture him for life!
Source: Companions of Prophet: by Talib Hashmi
Oh no. Here to stink up the forum with your mindless islamic drivel,AGAIN?
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Mental and behavioural disorders due to use of alcohol
Degeneration of nervous system due to alcohol
Alcoholic polyneuropathy
Alcoholic cardiomyopathy
Alcoholic gastritis
Alcoholic liver disease
Chronic hepatitis, not elsewhere classified
Fibrosis and cirrhosis of liver –(Biliary cirrhosis)
Alcohol induced chronic pancreatitis
Accidental poisoning by and exposure to alcohol
Intentional self-poisoning by and exposure to alcohol
Poisoning by and exposure to alcohol, undetermined intent
So, not only you are and atheist, but you are an ascetic as well!

When I said I prefer to be drunk, it meant that I prefer to believe; I see no harm in it, and I consider it like an insurance.

If there is an after life, I will be prepared for it; if not, I don't mind to have been wrong.
Atheist Silurist

Barrow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
So, not only you are and atheist, but you are an ascetic as well!
When I said I prefer to be drunk, it meant that I prefer to believe; I see no harm in it, and I consider it like an insurance.
If there is an after life, I will be prepared for it; if not, I don't mind to have been wrong.
"it meant that I prefer to believe; I see no harm in it"

It all depends on what you believe. If you believe,like some people,that flying planes into skyscrapers and killing thousands of people will fast track you to paradise and an orgy with 72 virgins,there is plenty of harm in it.
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
"it meant that I prefer to believe; I see no harm in it"
It all depends on what you believe. If you believe,like some people,that flying planes into skyscrapers and killing thousands of people will fast track you to paradise and an orgy with 72 virgins,there is plenty of harm in it.
No, I simply believe in God.
I have spent most of my life trying to convince myself I was an atheist, but I see no sense in my life if there is no meaningful afterlife, hence I started to believe again. But I haven't turned into a religious fanatic.
It's all very simple and peaceful, and I don't mind if people think I am misguided.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 8,521 - 8,540 of21,340
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••