Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments
8,501 - 8,520 of 21,464 Comments Last updated 9 hrs ago
ya heba

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Sigh. Since I need to break it down and explain it, let's use a model, shall we?
Men are 50 percent of the population. Women are 50 percent of the population. If you don't understand percentages it would be something like this:
4 men
4 women
One man marries 4 women. 4 men - 1 married man leaves 3 unmarried men.
Are you following me this far? Or should I take it down a few school grade levels?
Since there are no more women to marry, what will those 3 unmarried men do?
Marry a goat?
and i will repeat, there is no shortage of women.
ya heba

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
"marriage is half of ones completion of Faith"
Wait. what?
Back to my example of 4 men 4 women.
1 man marries all the women. 3 men cannot complete their faith?
So now they are frustrated sexually as well as in faith?!?
That 1 married man is gonna be dead in a hurry. In the name of Allah so the other 3 can be faithful and get married.
if you can't or not married then you must remain virgin. all sex outside of marriage is prohibited.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

ya heba wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, and that's why most of your women in the west are desperately searching for baby daddies. lol, don't you people even televise these nonsense. AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
Wow, you still watch television?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

The particles came from Jesus and his magical fish!

:))
gaz wrote:
Im not slinging mud and im not trying offense anyone, but Dawkins does believe in the ancient astronaut theory , which makes great films like Prometheus but to me that's all it is an interesting story backed up by one text whereas the bible or idea of creation is backed up by a hell of alot more. Also the whole evolution theory and I'm not trying piss on anyones fire here is just as flawed as the creation theory or do I have to elaborate even more. The argument always is going to boil down to well who made God and I'll always say well where did the particles that made your big bang come from.
ya heba

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The beauty is that there is no Scripture in any of the world's major religion that say that there are many gods.
They all agree that there is only One God of the Universe!!
The problem is only in the conceptual models as the followers of different religion have it.
If you look at Jewish people, they have a vision of a sort of having Special relationship with their YHWH. He seems to have a very special relationship with them, not because they are holders of banners of Truth, Monotheism and High Moral Character.
Just because they are descendents of jacob the son of Issac the son of Abraham.... obviously they have a racial concept of God Almighty, who hates other people and other races just because they are children from a separate sets of Mother and Father.
Now Coming to Christians, their God's model is a Triune one, in which they have made two partners in the Godhead. This is a concept which no one can understand. How God remain one when having three Different partners, all of them co-eternal, co-powerful and full God by themselves.
So somehow they have got confused in their concept of God.
Now coming to Hindus, their gods have special relationship with India and every thing Indian. Their scripture say that there is only one God, but in practice they have made thousands of gods, each doing special job.
So there concept of god is not Monotheist but Polytheist and it is not Universal.
It is only Islam which has retained the Purest Concept of Monotheist God, Allah is not Creator of only Arabs or only Muslims, He is Creator of whole Universe.
The message of Islam is not for Arabs, but for all nations.
Quran is not guidance for only Arabs or Muslims but for humanity at large.
And the Last and Final prophet is not only for Arabs and Muslims, but for all nations.
And Allah has no special relation with Arabs or Muslims, His justice and mercy is for all humanity, provided they follow His teachings.
So we can see that it is only in Islam that we have a proper concept of Monotheism and it is free from all Racial, linguistic or National bias.
Surely such a religion is which is most suited for humanity and will bring peace and justice to the world.
If Muslims are not presenting themselves as a good model of Islam, there is no justification for other people to not accept Islamic teachings on this excuse.
100% true

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Unless clerics gang rape a woman for meeting in private with her fiancÚ to discuss the wedding right?

Because they had to make an example out of her. It's the way of the prophet
ya heba wrote:
<quoted text>
if you can't or not married then you must remain virgin. all sex outside of marriage is prohibited.
rio

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038?

I don't think so.

I believe there will always be people who believe in God, and people wanteing to stay part of a religious structure. Their number may decrease, but spirituality and beliefs are there to stay. Atheism doesn't bring an answer to many questions individuals may have, it seems.
ya heba

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

gaz wrote:
He's an extremist just like anyone else who shouts and talks over people to champion their beliefs
atheists(Darwinists) are indenial.their God is Charles Darwin and their prophet is Richard Dawkins. nuff said.
gaz

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
The particles came from Jesus and his magical fish!
:))
<quoted text>
no even scarier they just appeared
ya heba

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

gaz wrote:
Im not slinging mud and im not trying offense anyone, but Dawkins does believe in the ancient astronaut theory , which makes great films like Prometheus but to me that's all it is an interesting story backed up by one text whereas the bible or idea of creation is backed up by a hell of alot more. Also the whole evolution theory and I'm not trying piss on anyones fire here is just as flawed as the creation theory or do I have to elaborate even more. The argument always is going to boil down to well who made God and I'll always say well where did the particles that made your big bang come from.
atheists are animals, its to be expected, evolution gives them the right to behave as such.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

rio wrote:
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038?
I don't think so.
I believe there will always be people who believe in God, and people wanteing to stay part of a religious structure. Their number may decrease, but spirituality and beliefs are there to stay. Atheism doesn't bring an answer to many questions individuals may have, it seems.
Yes, atheism will defeat religion in numbers. Believe it or not.
That being said the thread here does not imply in any way that all religious superstition will be wiped off the face of the earth completely. There will always be the self deluded few who need a crutch to deal with reality.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Lmfao you are an idiot. What do you call a man who has sex with a 9 year old girl?
ya heba wrote:
<quoted text>
atheists(Darwinists) are indenial.their God is Charles Darwin and their prophet is Richard Dawkins. nuff said.
gaz

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Funny how the chimps ain't turning into people and we as a people haven't evolved anything
ya heba

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

gaz wrote:
Funny how the chimps ain't turning into people and we as a people haven't evolved anything
the only thing that evolves with time is technology.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Like your god you mean?
gaz wrote:
<quoted text>no even scarier they just appeared

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

You think that's funny, check out the Quran and Allah's magical she-camel. Why it was important to say the camel is a she I will leave up to you.

The prophet was freaky like that I guess.
gaz wrote:
gaz

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

ya heba wrote:
<quoted text>
the only thing that evolves with time is technology.
doesn't really back up the theory of evolution that statement doesn't
rio

Beckenham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, atheism will defeat religion in numbers. Believe it or not.
That being said the thread here does not imply in any way that all religious superstition will be wiped off the face of the earth completely. There will always be the self deluded few who need a crutch to deal with reality.
Atheists cannot convince religious people, just like religious people cannot convince atheists.

Having said that, gratuitous insults like "superstition", "self-deluded" and "Crutch to deal with reality" are not necessary.

The fact is that both sides are right in their beliefs. There is no conflict. It's all about faith in what you beleive, which cannot be proven anyway.
gaz

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
You think that's funny, check out the Quran and Allah's magical she-camel. Why it was important to say the camel is a she I will leave up to you.
The prophet was freaky like that I guess.
<quoted text>
I wonder if she had a camel toe

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Ask the prophet Muhammad. Camel toe had a whole different meaning for that child molester.
gaz wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder if she had a camel toe

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••