Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments (Page 425)

Showing posts 8,481 - 8,500 of21,328
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

now im a believer wrote:
The powers that be are aiming to eradicate religion it's so obvious..
Obvious to you maybe. Perhaps you are just being paranoid. I think our leaders have a mixtures of beliefs, and even when they dont hold a faith, are respectful to those that do. Maybe too respectful, so that they can not lose votes.
gaz

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

not meaning sound rude but what rose tinted lense are you looking through I've even heard Obama bashing Jesus in a speech , the leader of the free world being anti christian
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

gaz wrote:
not meaning sound rude but what rose tinted lense are you looking through I've even heard Obama bashing Jesus in a speech , the leader of the free world being anti christian
Do you have a link to that speech? I guessing you have a bit of persecutory delusion. Its a common christian thing.
gaz

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Just YouTube i t dude pretty easy find really. anti God/christ thing is nothing new at all , but it is on the rise and there is nothing delusional about it. Always try and see things from every corner.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

now im a believer wrote:
The powers that be are aiming to eradicate religion it's so obvious , everything we look at in media , music etc has an occult or anti God message and they try and will continue to make it difficult for anyone with a faith, especially in the west where freedom of speech and belief is just a guise like democracy. One day the U.n will ban it by a unanimous decision
Conspiracy theories, another religious nut.

Since: Mar 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Obama bashes Jesus in a speech? Effing sweet! Stop wasting time post a link to that so I can get it on my Facebook!

Get to it!
gaz wrote:

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

gaz wrote:
Just YouTube i t dude pretty easy find really. anti God/christ thing is nothing new at all , but it is on the rise and there is nothing delusional about it. Always try and see things from every corner.
Glenn Beck is a conspiracy theorist, a nut job. Just warning you.

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Nope he liked college aged chicks unless you have evidence contrary? Regardless I said what not who so your answer is meaningless unless you worship Bill Clinton as a prophet?

So again since your English comprehension is so atrocious.

What do you call a man who has sex with a 9 year old girl?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Clinton!!
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
It is only Islam which has retained the Purest Concept of Monotheist God, Allah is not Creator of only Arabs or only Muslims, He is Creator of whole Universe.
The message of Islam is not for Arabs, but for all nations. etc.
You can see that the other world religions are wrong and delusional. They think exactly the same way as you do, about Islam.

To an outsider, magical stories of angels, and stories borrowed from Jewish mythology seem silly and superstitious.

For example Muhammed went on a night flight on a winged horse to heaven. They is plain ridiculous to those of us outside of the Muslim bubble. There are many more examples like this.

The reality is that these magical stories are no more than myths. The products of active human imagination. Heaven and hell, witches, gods accompanied by pantheons of angels and demons, jinn, fairies, dragons, vampires, and other mythical creatures, are completely imaginary. That is the reality.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Don't forget the Islamic teachings of the Dead Sea apes lol, the djinn, the magical she-camel of Allah,
The three rabbits of the lunar cycle shock shock another moon myth in Islam! Allah's beast who smacks non believers with the staff of Moses and ring of Solomon! Hahahaha! And of course the flying horse with a Nan's head Al-buraq who flies the prophets around :))
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
You can see that the other world religions are wrong and delusional. They think exactly the same way as you do, about Islam.
To an outsider, magical stories of angels, and stories borrowed from Jewish mythology seem silly and superstitious.
For example Muhammed went on a night flight on a winged horse to heaven. They is plain ridiculous to those of us outside of the Muslim bubble. There are many more examples like this.
The reality is that these magical stories are no more than myths. The products of active human imagination. Heaven and hell, witches, gods accompanied by pantheons of angels and demons, jinn, fairies, dragons, vampires, and other mythical creatures, are completely imaginary. That is the reality.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
.. Al-buraq who flies the prophets around :))
<quoted text>
They believe some mad stuff, alright.

From wedding dress to suicide vest..
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22348...

An all too familiar tale. Convert to islam, blow people up.
Miss Science Geek

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

How does a muslim man get his wife pregnant?

He rapes her
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

gaz wrote:
Easy to find, but you won't provide any.

There are other things easy to find on the Internet. Atheism is on the rise, that is why people are more conscious of it.

Look at the fuss that atheists make and what the fuss is about. Do you want Scouts to discriminate against atheists? Segregated schools? Whole classes of Muslims leaving school convinced that Evolution is unproven while Creationism/ID is substantiated? Our schoolchildren segregated according to their parent's religious delusions?(It worked so well in Ulster?) Prejudice against gays and women? Listen to what we write.

And you talk about having religious faith as if 'acts of faith' are perfectly reasonable, or even inherently good.

It is not anti-religion to stand-up for secularism.(Note: secularism and atheism are religous terms)

I don't choose to be an atheist.'Atheist' is simply what religionists call me. I cannot make myself believe in a sort of magical sky-pixie. I need definitions and evidence.

One should try to see every point of veiw - and be careful to practice what one preaches.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

I did a search for "Obama mocks Jesus" and only found items like the one paid for by a right-wing religious group suggesting that President Obama had mocked Liviticus and that it was Obama who was the one who took Bible passages out of context. The clip I saw showed that it was Pres Obama's words that were taken out of context. He was simply indicating the absurdity of using passages from ancient scripture to try to support modern poltical policies.

(Gaz - People shouldn't repeatedly change their monickers either. Trying to give the appearance you are more than one person? That's a bit disingenuous, isn't it?)
gaz

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Easy to find, but you won't provide any.
There are other things easy to find on the Internet. Atheism is on the rise, that is why people are more conscious of it.
Look at the fuss that atheists make and what the fuss is about. Do you want Scouts to discriminate against atheists? Segregated schools? Whole classes of Muslims leaving school convinced that Evolution is unproven while Creationism/ID is substantiated? Our schoolchildren segregated according to their parent's religious delusions?(It worked so well in Ulster?) Prejudice against gays and women? Listen to what we write.
And you talk about having religious faith as if 'acts of faith' are perfectly reasonable, or even inherently good.
It is not anti-religion to stand-up for secularism.(Note: secularism and atheism are religous terms)
I don't choose to be an atheist.'Atheist' is simply what religionists call me. I cannot make myself believe in a sort of magical sky-pixie. I need definitions and evidence.
One should try to see every point of veiw - and be careful to practice what one preaches.
atheists can be fanatical too, look at Richard Dawkins he's mad as cheese. As for the YouTube link I dunno what the link is but it should take about ten seconds find really.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

gaz wrote:
<quoted text>atheists can be fanatical too, look at Richard Dawkins he's mad as cheese. As for the YouTube link I dunno what the link is but it should take about ten seconds find really.
Found it and watched it, Gaz.
Can you offer an instance where Professor Dawkins has been fanatical, please?(Or is that 'obvious' and 'easy to find' too?)
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

gaz wrote:
<quoted text>atheists can be fanatical too, look at Richard Dawkins he's mad as cheese.
Not true. He is sane and rational. AND a very reasonable person.
gaz

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

He's an extremist just like anyone else who shouts and talks over people to champion their beliefs
gaz

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

and I think his ideas are just as full of holes as any religion.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
As Mark Twain said(paraphrased), "It's much easier to fool people than make them realize they've been fooled."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 8,481 - 8,500 of21,328
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••