Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments
8,481 - 8,500 of 21,542 Comments Last updated 2 min ago

Since: Mar 11

United States

#9013 Nov 19, 2012
Obama bashes Jesus in a speech? Effing sweet! Stop wasting time post a link to that so I can get it on my Facebook!

Get to it!
gaz wrote:
not meaning sound rude but what rose tinted lense are you looking through I've even heard Obama bashing Jesus in a speech , the leader of the free world being anti christian

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#9014 Nov 19, 2012
gaz wrote:
Just YouTube i t dude pretty easy find really. anti God/christ thing is nothing new at all , but it is on the rise and there is nothing delusional about it. Always try and see things from every corner.
Glenn Beck is a conspiracy theorist, a nut job. Just warning you.

Louisville, KY

#9015 Nov 19, 2012
Nope he liked college aged chicks unless you have evidence contrary? Regardless I said what not who so your answer is meaningless unless you worship Bill Clinton as a prophet?

So again since your English comprehension is so atrocious.

What do you call a man who has sex with a 9 year old girl?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Clinton!!
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#9016 Nov 19, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
It is only Islam which has retained the Purest Concept of Monotheist God, Allah is not Creator of only Arabs or only Muslims, He is Creator of whole Universe.
The message of Islam is not for Arabs, but for all nations. etc.
You can see that the other world religions are wrong and delusional. They think exactly the same way as you do, about Islam.

To an outsider, magical stories of angels, and stories borrowed from Jewish mythology seem silly and superstitious.

For example Muhammed went on a night flight on a winged horse to heaven. They is plain ridiculous to those of us outside of the Muslim bubble. There are many more examples like this.

The reality is that these magical stories are no more than myths. The products of active human imagination. Heaven and hell, witches, gods accompanied by pantheons of angels and demons, jinn, fairies, dragons, vampires, and other mythical creatures, are completely imaginary. That is the reality.

Lexington, KY

#9017 Nov 19, 2012
Don't forget the Islamic teachings of the Dead Sea apes lol, the djinn, the magical she-camel of Allah,
The three rabbits of the lunar cycle shock shock another moon myth in Islam! Allah's beast who smacks non believers with the staff of Moses and ring of Solomon! Hahahaha! And of course the flying horse with a Nan's head Al-buraq who flies the prophets around :))
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
You can see that the other world religions are wrong and delusional. They think exactly the same way as you do, about Islam.
To an outsider, magical stories of angels, and stories borrowed from Jewish mythology seem silly and superstitious.
For example Muhammed went on a night flight on a winged horse to heaven. They is plain ridiculous to those of us outside of the Muslim bubble. There are many more examples like this.
The reality is that these magical stories are no more than myths. The products of active human imagination. Heaven and hell, witches, gods accompanied by pantheons of angels and demons, jinn, fairies, dragons, vampires, and other mythical creatures, are completely imaginary. That is the reality.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#9018 Nov 19, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
.. Al-buraq who flies the prophets around :))
<quoted text>
They believe some mad stuff, alright.

From wedding dress to suicide vest..
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22348...

An all too familiar tale. Convert to islam, blow people up.
Miss Science Geek

UK

#9019 Nov 19, 2012
How does a muslim man get his wife pregnant?

He rapes her
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#9020 Nov 19, 2012
gaz wrote:
Just YouTube i t dude pretty easy find really. anti God/christ thing is nothing new at all , but it is on the rise and there is nothing delusional about it. Always try and see things from every corner.
Easy to find, but you won't provide any.

There are other things easy to find on the Internet. Atheism is on the rise, that is why people are more conscious of it.

Look at the fuss that atheists make and what the fuss is about. Do you want Scouts to discriminate against atheists? Segregated schools? Whole classes of Muslims leaving school convinced that Evolution is unproven while Creationism/ID is substantiated? Our schoolchildren segregated according to their parent's religious delusions?(It worked so well in Ulster?) Prejudice against gays and women? Listen to what we write.

And you talk about having religious faith as if 'acts of faith' are perfectly reasonable, or even inherently good.

It is not anti-religion to stand-up for secularism.(Note: secularism and atheism are religous terms)

I don't choose to be an atheist.'Atheist' is simply what religionists call me. I cannot make myself believe in a sort of magical sky-pixie. I need definitions and evidence.

One should try to see every point of veiw - and be careful to practice what one preaches.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#9021 Nov 19, 2012
I did a search for "Obama mocks Jesus" and only found items like the one paid for by a right-wing religious group suggesting that President Obama had mocked Liviticus and that it was Obama who was the one who took Bible passages out of context. The clip I saw showed that it was Pres Obama's words that were taken out of context. He was simply indicating the absurdity of using passages from ancient scripture to try to support modern poltical policies.

(Gaz - People shouldn't repeatedly change their monickers either. Trying to give the appearance you are more than one person? That's a bit disingenuous, isn't it?)
gaz

UK

#9022 Nov 19, 2012
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Easy to find, but you won't provide any.
There are other things easy to find on the Internet. Atheism is on the rise, that is why people are more conscious of it.
Look at the fuss that atheists make and what the fuss is about. Do you want Scouts to discriminate against atheists? Segregated schools? Whole classes of Muslims leaving school convinced that Evolution is unproven while Creationism/ID is substantiated? Our schoolchildren segregated according to their parent's religious delusions?(It worked so well in Ulster?) Prejudice against gays and women? Listen to what we write.
And you talk about having religious faith as if 'acts of faith' are perfectly reasonable, or even inherently good.
It is not anti-religion to stand-up for secularism.(Note: secularism and atheism are religous terms)
I don't choose to be an atheist.'Atheist' is simply what religionists call me. I cannot make myself believe in a sort of magical sky-pixie. I need definitions and evidence.
One should try to see every point of veiw - and be careful to practice what one preaches.
atheists can be fanatical too, look at Richard Dawkins he's mad as cheese. As for the YouTube link I dunno what the link is but it should take about ten seconds find really.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#9023 Nov 19, 2012
gaz wrote:
<quoted text>atheists can be fanatical too, look at Richard Dawkins he's mad as cheese. As for the YouTube link I dunno what the link is but it should take about ten seconds find really.
Found it and watched it, Gaz.
Can you offer an instance where Professor Dawkins has been fanatical, please?(Or is that 'obvious' and 'easy to find' too?)
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#9024 Nov 19, 2012
gaz wrote:
<quoted text>atheists can be fanatical too, look at Richard Dawkins he's mad as cheese.
Not true. He is sane and rational. AND a very reasonable person.
gaz

UK

#9025 Nov 19, 2012
He's an extremist just like anyone else who shouts and talks over people to champion their beliefs
gaz

UK

#9026 Nov 19, 2012
and I think his ideas are just as full of holes as any religion.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#9027 Nov 19, 2012
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
As Mark Twain said(paraphrased), "It's much easier to fool people than make them realize they've been fooled."

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#9028 Nov 19, 2012
gaz wrote:
<quoted text>atheists can be fanatical too, look at Richard Dawkins he's mad as cheese. As for the YouTube link I dunno what the link is but it should take about ten seconds find really.
The fact that all you have is the ability to sling mud at people you don't even know (without a shred of proof) and still fail to provide a link tells me all I need to know about you. You are irrelevant and easily dismissed.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#9029 Nov 19, 2012
gaz wrote:
The only reason you don't like Dawkins is because he's honest and willful. Everything that goes against your religion.

Lexington, KY

#9030 Nov 19, 2012
Very sad indeed. She had a bright future until she got caught up in Islam. But she went from one dangerous religion to another that actually had her blow herself up as ordered by the prophet.
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
They believe some mad stuff, alright.
From wedding dress to suicide vest..
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22348...
An all too familiar tale. Convert to islam, blow people up.
ya heba

Australia

#9031 Nov 19, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called DNA testing, we do it all the time. Join us in the 21st century, it's much better than that 2nd century you live in.
yes, and that's why most of your women in the west are desperately searching for baby daddies. lol, don't you people even televise these nonsense. AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
gaz

UK

#9032 Nov 19, 2012
Im not slinging mud and im not trying offense anyone, but Dawkins does believe in the ancient astronaut theory , which makes great films like Prometheus but to me that's all it is an interesting story backed up by one text whereas the bible or idea of creation is backed up by a hell of alot more. Also the whole evolution theory and I'm not trying piss on anyones fire here is just as flawed as the creation theory or do I have to elaborate even more. The argument always is going to boil down to well who made God and I'll always say well where did the particles that made your big bang come from.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min Thinking 226,606
Becoming a parent changed everything. 1 hr Givemeliberty 1
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 2 hr greymouser 5,922
It seems there are more Atheists in the Christi... (Jun '13) 2 hr Mikko 18
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 2 hr Mikko 63
Our world came from nothing? 11 hr Thinking 438
The Ultimate Evidence of God Mon James 68
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••