Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 22,190

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#8880 Nov 14, 2012
The everyone is born a Muslim but then turns their back on it and God is their excuse to call all infidels evil and worthy to be attacked.
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed that post. I'm still not sure this acknowledges the problem. The main factor that defines people's religious (and political) beliefs is the family and community in which they are raised.
Everyone is born a Muslim? Seriously, that is funny.
I can say everyone is born with the belief in fairies :) that makes just as much sense.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#8882 Nov 14, 2012
ya heba wrote:
<quoted text>
a man can only have four wives, and his wives must know, it cannot be a secret, and with his wives he must treat them equally, like if he buys one something he needs to buy the rest the same thing or at least for the same amount(price). if he does not meet up to this standards then he will pay for extreme torment in the hereafter. its not a joke, there are consequences, majority of Muslims do not go for four wives, for this reasons... who wants to be damned in hell?
as for adultery its punishable by death. if they cheat.
they do not only bring shame, but the children will suffer mentality for their parent's deviancy
"a man can only have four wives..."

Since there is roughly a 50/50 split between men and women, a man who has 4 wives implies that 3 men will not be able to marry.

Just what do you think those 3 men will be doing if they aren't busy taking care to protect a home and children?

“Penjajah Harus Menyingkir”

Since: Nov 12

Provinsi Banyumas

#8883 Nov 14, 2012
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Well, it is a pity about all the evidence to the contrary. It only takes a cartoon to set off some Muslim violence, or someone being the wrong kind of Muslim. For instance, from 1987–2007, as many as 4,000 people are estimated to have died in sectarian fighting in Pakistan,(Wiki). Pakistan only seems to exist because Indian Muslims couldn't live peacefully in India. Muslims also seem to have difficulty living with many other, other-religion majority populations..
_http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=S68NP1tYUr8XX
_http://www.washingtonpost.com /world/shiite-protests-pose-ma jor-challenge-for-saudi-arabia /2012/10/18/f6157c84-13ab-11e2 -ba83-a7a396e6b2a7_story.html
Saudi Arabia ...
_http://www.washingtonpost.com /world/shiite-protests-pose-ma jor-challenge-for-saudi-arabia /2012/10/18/f6157c84-13ab-11e2 -ba83-a7a396e6b2a7_story.html
etx
incident it, because the devil hates Muslims to be a willing servant so can not be explained.

Chicago, IL

#8884 Nov 14, 2012
Could you say that in English please?

Thanks
PASUKAN PETA wrote:
<quoted text>incident it, because the devil hates Muslims to be a willing servant so can not be explained.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#8885 Nov 15, 2012
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you have side stepped my point.
I for example was brought up to believe in Christianity. Later in life I became a Christian. I guess you were brought up to be a Muslim, and are now a Muslim.
It has nothing to do with what is right and wrong.
Free Thinking people think for themselves and work out what is right and wrong based on ALL the evidence, including that evidence which contradicts our own beliefs. This is how we get to the real truth.
If every one was to follow the religion of his or her parents, how come there came the "First Christians" and the "First Muslims"?

Did they not left the religion of their parents and entered into another religion and did hundreds of thousands of people did not leave the religion of their parents and entered into the "new faith".

Why then it should be not allowed to leave religion of your parents and enter into another faith, which is more clear, more straight forward and more beneficial to humanity?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#8886 Nov 15, 2012
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-37

Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his “opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him” at “the drop of hat” and all his adversaries would be “terrified” at the mere sight of him.

The picture is far from true, let us look at some incidents from the life of prophet, as what was “this sword which killed the enmity for ever”

The Case of : CAPTIVES OF HAWAZIN

This story also relates to the battle of HUNAIN, which we discussed above. The Tribe of HAWAZIN consisted of many sub clans, amongst which were Banu SAAD, who had given suckle to prophet when he was infant.

Prophet stayed for five to six years with these people during his infancy and his early childhood.

After battle was over, and enemy scattered, many captives were taken from the battle field along with many camels, sheep and goats etc.

Prophet waited for some days, for enemy tribes to come and talk to him about their animals and captives. When no one came he distributed them amongst Muslims.

HAWAZIN people came after some days and wanted the prophet to free their slaves….they selected a very eloquent person amongst them to present their case before prophet.

He said “O Mohammad amongst the captives and many of those who gave you suckle and their daughters and sisters, If we had given suckle to Kings of Yemen and HIRA, they would have treated us differently. Please have mercy on us and set them free…(and words of the same type”.

The prophet was moved on hearing this sermon and he asked Muslims to free their slaves without taking any thing from them. So many hundreds of slaves were set free on this command of prophet.

This was the “Sword of Mercy and Compassion” which prophet used to enslave people of HAWAZIN tribe for ever!

Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-38

The Case of : TUFAIL BIN ‘AMR DOSSI

TUFAIL was well respected chief of DOSS clan, that lived near Yemen. Once he came to Makkah for UMRAH, that was the period when prophet had declared his mission and Makkan people had decided to warn any newcomer of the “dangers” he posed to innocent and unsuspecting foreign visitors to Makkah!

On the outskirts of Makkah TUFAIL met some Makkah people, who asked him from where he came, he introduced himself, and they warned to be careful of a “possessed man” who causes separation between husbands and wives and between fathers and sons. So much so that he put cotton in his ears, so as to not even listen the words of Prophet!

When TUFAIL entered Kaaba, he found prophet standing in one corner in prayers and reciting from Quran. TUFAIL went near and he heard some words of what prophet was reciting, but due to cotton in his ears, he was unable to hear properly.

“Oh what a fool I am” thought TUFAIL , what harm can mere words do, I will listen and decide myself, if they are good or evil. So he removed cotton from his ears and listened attentively to Quran. After finishing prayers prophet left for his home and TUFAIL followed him.

He talked to prophet and learned about the message of Islam and became his follower. Then he went to his own town and due to his efforts, his father, his wife and some of his friends. But most people of his tribe did not accept Islam. TUFAIL came to prophet and complained about their behavior and asked prophet to curse these people.

Prophet raised his hands in prayer,“Now bad time has come on DOSS Tribe” though TUFAIL. But Prophet said “O Allah guide DOSS” Two or three times. Then he asked TUFAIL to go back and invite his people to Islam in softly and with wisdom. This time most people of DOSS tribe became Muslim.

This was the “Sword of Quran” Most Potent of all Swords which people used on TUFAIL to enslave him for ever!!

Source: Companions of Prophet: by Talib Hashmi

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#8887 Nov 15, 2012
Adam wrote:
Hi EdSed, I agree. Religious beliefs are is a whole different category. Typically the believer cherry picks his or her beliefs. And then finds confirmatory evidence to confirm thos beliefs.
This is how a believer can get into a continuous circle of reinforcing beliefs with confirmatory evidence. Whilst ignoring that evidence which contradicts those beliefs. People say believers are stupid. And this may be true. But sometimes the cleverer ones are just very good at finding excuses for themselves. Self delusion.
so. you DO NOT cherry pick what you choose to believe?

if not ,who does choose for you?

Provinsi Banyumas

#8888 Nov 15, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Could you say that in English please?
Thanks
<quoted text>
we take the core teachings of Islam is not a culture war muhammad saw, war is the nature of evil.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#8889 Nov 15, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why then it should be not allowed to leave religion of your parents and enter into another faith, which is more clear, more straight forward and more beneficial to humanity?
I may suprise you in that I in small part agree. Islam from what I know is more clear and straight forward that Christianity. I view it as Unitarianism, a more simple form of belief.

That doesnt however mean that its true. You face the same problems that Christians do. i.e. God does not answer prayers. GOd has not written a holy book. And God has not spoken through any prophets.

I can expect your defence mechanism to kick in at this point. But understand that we here are absolute infidels. Allah is no more real to us than fairies living at the bottom of my garden.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#8890 Nov 15, 2012
PASUKAN PETA wrote:
<quoted text>we take the core teachings of Islam is not a culture war muhammad saw, war is the nature of evil.
I agree war is a bad thing. So why does God refuse to answer prayers when people are killed and suffering. For example the "chosen people" were gassed in their millions in world war 2. God did nothing. Why does God do nothing? Cause he is imaginary.

Chicago, IL

#8891 Nov 15, 2012
Yet the prophet Muhammad repeatedly went to war attacking innocent settlements and even killing everyone after they had surrendered. The the nature of the prophet Muhammad was evil by your own words.

Not to mention he was a child rapist and wife beater.
PASUKAN PETA wrote:
<quoted text>we take the core teachings of Islam is not a culture war muhammad saw, war is the nature of evil.

Chicago, IL

#8892 Nov 15, 2012
The first Muslims came about then as they do now, by threat of violence and death should try not accept it.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If every one was to follow the religion of his or her parents, how come there came the "First Christians" and the "First Muslims"?
Did they not left the religion of their parents and entered into another religion and did hundreds of thousands of people did not leave the religion of their parents and entered into the "new faith".

Provinsi Banyumas

#8893 Nov 15, 2012
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree war is a bad thing. So why does God refuse to answer prayers when people are killed and suffering. For example the "chosen people" were gassed in their millions in world war 2. God did nothing. Why does God do nothing? Cause he is imaginary.
who is wrong? devil promises search followers in hell and God promises to be saved from the devil.
Henry

Lugau, Germany

#8894 Nov 15, 2012
PASUKAN PETA wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree, islam religion of peace
How about the barbaric scharia?

Louisville, KY

#8895 Nov 15, 2012
Yet another brutal tale where the savage Muslims went into battle killing innocent people and enslaving them. The were offered freedom in exchange for converting to Islam. Oh how peaceful! Lmfao!
Now notice the words in Muq's spam it clues you in to how they think and we can see the difference between blood thirsty Muslims and is civilized people. Notice it always says the enemies of Islam. Not people of other faiths, not people not part of Islam. No quite clearly it states the enemies! This immediately shows how they view outsiders and in this light one can understand them better. How does it finish? The sword that enslaves them forever! Well actually the writer's English is so poor he writes for ever instead of the proper way forever.

Who wants to be enslaved forever to any religion regardless of how the shackles came on?

You see Muq these are your own examples not me picking out portions of the Quran like when the prophet Muhammad raped children.

Time after time we see how brutal the teachings of Islam are and why it's followers who are indoctrinated with this madness are so violent killing children at a whim.
MUQ wrote:
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-37
Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his “opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him” at “the drop of hat” and all his adversaries would be “terrified” at the mere sight of him.
The picture is far from true, let us look at some incidents from the life of prophet, as what was “this sword which killed the enmity for ever”
The Case of : CAPTIVES OF HAWAZIN
This story also relates to the battle of HUNAIN, which we discussed above. The Tribe of HAWAZIN consisted of many sub clans, amongst which were Banu SAAD, who had given suckle to prophet when he was infant.
Prophet stayed for five to six years with these people during his infancy and his early childhood.
After battle was over, and enemy scattered, many captives were taken from the battle field along with many camels, sheep and goats etc.
Prophet waited for some days, for enemy tribes to come and talk to him about their animals and captives. When no one came he distributed them amongst Muslims.
HAWAZIN people came after some days and wanted the prophet to free their slaves“Sword of Mercy and Compassion” which prophet used to enslave people of HAWAZIN tribe for ever!
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-38
The Case of : TUFAIL the dumbass
He talked to prophet and learned about the message of Islam and became his follower. Then he went to his own town and due to his efforts, his father, his wife and some of his friends. But most people of his tribe did not accept Islam. TUFAIL came to prophet and complained about their behavior and asked prophet to curse these people.
Prophet raised his hands in prayer,“Now bad time has come on DOSS Tribe” though TUFAIL. But Prophet said “O Allah guide DOSS” Two or three times. Then he asked TUFAIL to go back and invite his people to Islam in softly and with wisdom. This time most people of DOSS tribe became Muslim.
This was the “Sword of Quran” Most Potent of all Swords which people used on TUFAIL to enslave him for ever!!
Source: Companions of Prophet: by Talib Hashmi
Henry

Lugau, Germany

#8896 Nov 15, 2012
Adam wrote:
Hi EdSed, I agree. Religious beliefs are is a whole different category. Typically the believer cherry picks his or her beliefs. And then finds confirmatory evidence to confirm thos beliefs.
This is how a believer can get into a continuous circle of reinforcing beliefs with confirmatory evidence. Whilst ignoring that evidence which contradicts those beliefs. People say believers are stupid. And this may be true. But sometimes the cleverer ones are just very good at finding excuses for themselves. Self delusion.
Religions should be a sole private occupation but not in public at all!

Louisville, KY

#8897 Nov 15, 2012
So was it the devil that had the prophet Muhammad butcher and kill every member of the Banu tribe who had surrendered completely and asked for mercy?

We know the mercy the barbaric animal Muhammad showed these innocent people who had surrendered. He killed every last one.

Yes when we see how savage the founder of Islam was can we be surprised to see his followers today follow in his footsteps by gunning down 14 year old children for asking to be educated?

No we cannot be surprised.
PASUKAN PETA wrote:
<quoted text>who is wrong? devil promises search followers in hell and God promises to be saved from the devil.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#8898 Nov 15, 2012
PASUKAN PETA wrote:
<quoted text>who is wrong? devil promises search followers in hell and God promises to be saved from the devil.
Neither cause both the devil and God are both imaginary beings. Hell is completely imaginary. It is a total fairy tale, and incompatible with the idea of a loving and compassionate entity.
senopaty

Jakarta, Indonesia

#8899 Nov 15, 2012
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither cause both the devil and God are both imaginary beings. Hell is completely imaginary. It is a total fairy tale, and incompatible with the idea of a loving and compassionate entity.
why Jesus could have incredible power, if there is no accountability to God.

Provinsi Banyumas

#8900 Nov 15, 2012
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the barbaric scharia?
man will be responsible to God in the hereafter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 1 min Patrick 43
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 41 min Eagle 12 227,456
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr Patrick 925
Stump a theist with 2 questions 4 hr Patrick 26
An atheist returns to Christ (Jan '09) 6 hr True Christian wi... 4,086
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 17 hr Patrick 189
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 20 hr Jaimie 71
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••