Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments (Page 418)

Showing posts 8,341 - 8,360 of21,328
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

I was actually reading a bio of the Prophet Muhammad written by a Muslim. And while he rambles on about him being blessed and such when you read the details of his life it is obvious what he did and why he started Islam!

Shocking that your ilk cannot see what is right in front of them. But again you being a woman your words are only worth half of the word of a man. Perhaps one day you will be blessed to be one of four wives and feel the whip lash your back by your Muslim husband for saying something he didn't like. Remember while you are being flogged and blood running down your back that this is by order of the prophet.

:)
ya heba wrote:
<quoted text>
of course they were married.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi GML, Im just thinking out loud, but is it necessary to be so harsh on muslims. They are just one of many religious delusions. And shouldnt we try to be equal in how we deal with different faith groups.

Are you an exC? I am. And I wondering if that has something to do with why you are so hostile to Islam. If we have had a belief ourselves shouldnt we be most critical of the one we have had, as this is the one we know most about. And humans by nature are going to defend our own culture whilst be critical of the outsider.

Im not criticising here, just wondering what your thoughts are. Cheers
ya heba

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Adam wrote:
Ya Heba, as I said yesterday, I dont think you are going to win any new converts here.
We dont want anything to do with any religions, they are simply fairy tales to us. Many of us are ex christians so we have a good understanding of what a religious delusion is and how religions can brain wash people.
Here is one for you to think on. If you were born in Japan you would likely be an Atheist. If born in Pakistan likely a Muslim, If in America likely a Christian.
Why would God condemn most of humanity to hell simply for being born in the wrong place?
What is more likely is that religions are man made, and you have been brought up to believe what you believe based on your family and upbringing.
everyone is born a Muslim, all children are born a Muslim and innocent free from sin, even those born to a non Muslim household. if a child dies before puberty who is born to a kuffar family or not, they go straight to heaven, children will not be judged. once one reaches puberty the real world begins, its upto them to continue on the righteous path and seek Allah.

Allah(SWA) is the most just, i am not trying to revert anyone, just refuting.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi GML, Im just thinking out loud, but is it necessary to be so harsh on muslims...
I think Adam may have Muslims like these in mind..
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12504162

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5144526.stm

And UK PM Cameron sites Indonesia...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17686174

It would be nice to think that there is such a thing as moderate Islam and that most Muslims do condemn attrocities and terrorist methods. However, it has proved difficult to get them to do so unambiguously and without fear of losing support in their communities.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-new...

And the most outrageous examples of Muslim violence have been dismissed by moderates, or even absurdly blamed on Utube videos and cartoons. They want respect for their superstitious and fallacious Islamic beliefs but won't accept such beliefs have any causal link with extremism or the actions of their co-religionists. They don't even see those beliefs as a contributory factor.
ya heba

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Adam wrote:
Ya Heba, as I said yesterday, I dont think you are going to win any new converts here.
We dont want anything to do with any religions, they are simply fairy tales to us. Many of us are ex christians so we have a good understanding of what a religious delusion is and how religions can brain wash people.
Here is one for you to think on. If you were born in Japan you would likely be an Atheist. If born in Pakistan likely a Muslim, If in America likely a Christian.
Why would God condemn most of humanity to hell simply for being born in the wrong place?
What is more likely is that religions are man made, and you have been brought up to believe what you believe based on your family and upbringing.
there are people born in those countries you have mentioned who also Muslim.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

I see you haven't read how I deal with the Christholes on here :)

They would say I am going easy on Muslims! Lulz :)

I say I treat the trolls, regardless of what myth they believe in equally and as they as trolls rightfully deserve to be treated. My growing up in the baptist church has nothing to do with it I assure you as I have laid into them for trolling the same if not harsher. In fact my old baptist preacher can be found on weekends having coffee and a spirited conversation with a catholic priest, Jewish rabbi and a Muslim cleric to this day as he did back when I attended.

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi GML, Im just thinking out loud, but is it necessary to be so harsh on muslims. They are just one of many religious delusions. And shouldnt we try to be equal in how we deal with different faith groups.
Are you an exC? I am. And I wondering if that has something to do with why you are so hostile to Islam. If we have had a belief ourselves shouldnt we be most critical of the one we have had, as this is the one we know most about. And humans by nature are going to defend our own culture whilst be critical of the outsider.
Im not criticising here, just wondering what your thoughts are. Cheers
ya heba

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Muq is a spambot troll nothing more. I know quite a few Muslims and have even done business with people in Saudi Arabia and Egypt. I am well versed in their word games.
For example Muq refused to condemn Muslims suicide bombing Jewish daycare centers! When pressed he will regurgitate the tired old killing innocents is wrong. Ah but when you ask about a specific example he ignores it.
Bottom line he proudly admits to believing sharia law and in sharia law honor killings of even children are accepted.
See an innocent to a Muslim is quite different than how we see an innocent. If you are an infidel or kuffar as hebe says than you are an enemy to Allah and deserve to be killed. If a muslim child acts unislamic in one's eyes it is a blessing to kill them. Rape victims are whipped in the street. You see it's all about making an example out of someone to keep the others in line.
That's why we have a poor mentally retarded boy beaten and due to be executed for signing a confession to being unislamic and the poor boy can't even read nor understand what he was doing or even accused of!
This is shocking to us civilized people but standard routine for Muq and his ilk.
<quoted text>
the joooos are the oppressors the Palestinians are in self defense.
ya heba

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
You see it's all about making an example out of someone to keep the others in line.
<quoted text>
That's correct.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

ya heba wrote:
<quoted text>
the joooos are the oppressors the Palestinians are in self defense.
If you had been born a Zionist (not all Jews are Zionists) you would be as ruthless against Palestinians as you are against children who disagree with you.

Islamists and Zionists are very similar - both extremists and fundamentalist.
ya heba

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>I think Adam may have Muslims like these in mind..
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12504162
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5144526.stm
And UK PM Cameron sites Indonesia...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17686174
It would be nice to think that there is such a thing as moderate Islam and that most Muslims do condemn attrocities and terrorist methods. However, it has proved difficult to get them to do so unambiguously and without fear of losing support in their communities.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-new...
And the most outrageous examples of Muslim violence have been dismissed by moderates, or even absurdly blamed on Utube videos and cartoons. They want respect for their superstitious and fallacious Islamic beliefs but won't accept such beliefs have any causal link with extremism or the actions of their co-religionists. They don't even see those beliefs as a contributory factor.
there is no such thing as a moderate or extremist. there is only a Muslim and a pious Muslim.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

ya heba wrote:
<quoted text>
there is no such thing as a moderate or extremist. there is only a Muslim and a pious Muslim.
Obvious nonsense. Get a life, not a religion.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/piety
Piety, like superstitious acts of faith, is determental to society.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>If you had been born a Zionist (not all Jews are Zionists) you would be as ruthless against Palestinians as you are against children who disagree with you.
Good point. There are many secular and moderate Jews in Israel.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

ya heba wrote:
<quoted text>
there are people born in those countries you have mentioned who also Muslim.
I think you have side stepped my point.

I for example was brought up to believe in Christianity. Later in life I became a Christian. I guess you were brought up to be a Muslim, and are now a Muslim.

It has nothing to do with what is right and wrong.

Free Thinking people think for themselves and work out what is right and wrong based on ALL the evidence, including that evidence which contradicts our own beliefs. This is how we get to the real truth.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

ya heba wrote:
<quoted text>
everyone is born a Muslim, all children are born a Muslim and innocent free from sin, even those born to a non Muslim household...
I missed that post. I'm still not sure this acknowledges the problem. The main factor that defines people's religious (and political) beliefs is the family and community in which they are raised.

Everyone is born a Muslim? Seriously, that is funny.

I can say everyone is born with the belief in fairies :) that makes just as much sense.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
...Free Thinking people think for themselves and work out what is right and wrong based on ALL the evidence, including that evidence which contradicts our own beliefs. This is how we get to the real truth.
I think it is important to distinguish between belief that is a matter of degree and justified by reason and evidence (on one hand), from religious beliefs (on the other). They are quite different.

Religious beliefs are acts of faith and essentially superstitious..
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/religion
Suedo-ideology and fundamentalist beliefs, like Zionism and Islamism, are derived from acts of faith (e.g. belief in Sacred places,'Holy' books, teachings, scriptures, etc).

Our 'belief' in evolution, for example, cannot be compared to belief in Allah or the Christian 3-for-1 offer. Beliefs about evolution are based on scientific arguments and evidence, not a 'good book'.
senopaty

Yogyakarta, Indonesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

atheis are never
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Hi EdSed, I agree. Religious beliefs are is a whole different category. Typically the believer cherry picks his or her beliefs. And then finds confirmatory evidence to confirm thos beliefs.

This is how a believer can get into a continuous circle of reinforcing beliefs with confirmatory evidence. Whilst ignoring that evidence which contradicts those beliefs. People say believers are stupid. And this may be true. But sometimes the cleverer ones are just very good at finding excuses for themselves. Self delusion.

“Penjajah Harus Menyingkir”

Since: Nov 12

Provinsi Banyumas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>If you had been born a Zionist (not all Jews are Zionists) you would be as ruthless against Palestinians as you are against children who disagree with you.
I disagree, islam religion of peace

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 8,341 - 8,360 of21,328
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••