Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 20 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#8420 Oct 17, 2012
Religion will cease to exist the day humans cease to exist on this planet.

Or the power of judgment and distinction between truth and falsehood and right and wrong is removed from human conscience and sub conscience.

“I'll give you Oogie Boogie”

Since: Oct 12

Halloween Town

#8421 Oct 17, 2012
MUQ wrote:
Or the power of judgment and distinction between truth and falsehood and right and wrong is removed from human conscience and sub conscience.
You're not fully in this century, are you?

Since: Mar 11

Florence, KY

#8422 Oct 17, 2012
Nope Muq who's initials stand for Muhammad's ugly queer longs for society to return to the dark ages. He is firmly against women getting equal education or rights and praises the barbaric animals who kill them for speaking out.
Jack_Skellington wrote:
<quoted text>

Halloween Town

#8423 Oct 17, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Nope Muq who's initials stand for Muhammad's ugly queer longs for society to return to the dark ages. He is firmly against women getting equal education or rights and praises the barbaric animals who kill them for speaking out.
<quoted text>
Well, he can live his with his head up his arse if that's what he wants, but a growing number of this world's population have no choice, thanks to people like him with that shit in their heads.

It's spreading, and people in the 'free world' need to be on their guard.

Halloween Town

#8424 Oct 17, 2012
Typo: He can live his life with his head up his arse if that's what he wants.

Florence, KY

#8425 Oct 17, 2012
Even in Islam slowly but surely the youth are slipping away and not nearly as dedicated as Muslims from even 20 years ago. Many claim to stay in Islam so they don't get gunned down but once Islam starts moving away from that just watch how many full scale flee from it.
Jack_Skellington wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, he can live his with his head up his arse if that's what he wants, but a growing number of this world's population have no choice, thanks to people like him with that shit in their heads.
It's spreading, and people in the 'free world' need to be on their guard.

Halloween Town

#8426 Oct 17, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Even in Islam slowly but surely the youth are slipping away and not nearly as dedicated as Muslims from even 20 years ago. Many claim to stay in Islam so they don't get gunned down but once Islam starts moving away from that just watch how many full scale flee from it.
<quoted text>
I think it's true that a lot of younger muslims don't actually believe in the religion in a divine sense, but some stay loyal to it in a gang-like mentality and others tow the line because they're too frightened to do anything else.

20 years ago muslims in the UK were much more westernised than they are now. You rarely saw young muslims with beards or hijabs. 9/11 and subsequent events have made these people a lot more militant and defiant to their host cultures than ever before.
Jacktheladat1

Plymouth, UK

#8427 Oct 17, 2012
Jack_Skellington wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only - he's not fully wired-up.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#8428 Oct 17, 2012
MUQ wrote:
But first there are more young girls that need to be shot.

How dare these young girls request an education!!!

How dare they upset the sensitive and deeply pious Muslims!!!

I guess they deserve all they get.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#8429 Oct 17, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I reply to posts which I think are pertinent and not rhetoric and the person has some genuine doubts or query or wants to know something.
The questions have been and are relevant, and we would like to know.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I refuse to answers question that make tangent attacks on Islam and generalize actions of few on whole community.
Who said the questions are and attack on your religion? The questions are the litmus test of your religion and character.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am here to defend Islam and its teaching not to justify actions of a particular Muslim, a particular leader or a particular country and its rulers.
So far you inability to answer is defending the actions of all that perpetrate injustice and horrific acts upon humanity.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask me about Islam and its teachings and not what Muslims are doing.... if majority of Muslims were living according to teachings of Islam, most of people in the world by this time would have become Muslims.
We have through the questions that you will not answer. You do not see that not answering the questions places you as an amoral person as well as your religion if you defend the acts.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
But we cannot stop telling people about Islam and its teachings until all Muslims become True Muslims.... otherwise these non Muslims will accuse us in the hereafter that these Muslims never told us about Islam and its teachings.
The teachings are by deeds as well as by word. Yet you defend the acts by not denouncing them.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Muslim Dawah activities are continuing amongst Muslims also and most of our time is spending on reforming Muslims.... but we also tell non muslims about Islam to save us from their accusations in the hereafter.
Otherwise we would have kept our mouth shut and not speak or write a single word.
For the most part mulims have kept their mouths shut and their eyes as well as their hearts to the reprobates and nefarious people in the Muslim religion. By this act your are as guilty as the ones causing the acts of hate, violence, murder, genocide, and rape.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#8430 Oct 17, 2012
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Capitalism and war are twins, that is a fact. It is a fact that nuclear war in any way is the end of humankind. The power of nature is enough (for instance Taifuns and so on) to extinguish a big portion of the population. Adionally the destroying of nature by men is not far from erasing humanity.
That's nice. You found a scapegoat of all the world's ills.

However, you neglect to answer the question of how you would allocate limited resources.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#8431 Oct 17, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I reply to posts which I think are pertinent and not rhetoric and the person has some genuine doubts or query or wants to know something.
I refuse to answers question that make tangent attacks on Islam and generalize actions of few on whole community.
I am here to defend Islam and its teaching not to justify actions of a particular Muslim, a particular leader or a particular country and its rulers.
Ask me about Islam and its teachings and not what Muslims are doing.... if majority of Muslims were living according to teachings of Islam, most of people in the world by this time would have become Muslims.
But we cannot stop telling people about Islam and its teachings until all Muslims become True Muslims.... otherwise these non Muslims will accuse us in the hereafter that these Muslims never told us about Islam and its teachings.
Muslim Dawah activities are continuing amongst Muslims also and most of our time is spending on reforming Muslims.... but we also tell non muslims about Islam to save us from their accusations in the hereafter.
Otherwise we would have kept our mouth shut and not speak or write a single word.
No.

You are parroting words in order to convince people to be slaves and set yourself up as a master.

You pretend you are the friend of a bully and if we follow your words unconditionally, you'll put in a good word for us or offer the promise of not being noticed from the bully's wrath or everlasting bliss beyond death but no recourse should your promises fail.

Except your bully friend never really shows Itself. You attribute all the bad in the world to your bully friend but no one has really seen It.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#8432 Oct 18, 2012
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-9

Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his “opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him” at “the drop of hat” and all his adversaries would be “terrified” at the mere sight of him.

The picture is far from true, let us look at some incidents from the life of prophet, as what was “this sword which killed the enmity for ever”

The Case of : UTBAH BIN RABEEAH, CHIEF OF ONE MAKKAN CLAN

A. Utbah ‘s position in Makkah

Utbah was a much respected Chief of one of the Makkah Clans. His words and his position mattered very much with the Makkah pagans.

He knew the prophet from the very childhood and when prophet declared his mission, he did not accept it. He was one of leading members of those who were opposing prophets, but he never used physical force or foul language when talking and dealing with prophet.

He can be called as “one of Civil Adversaries” of prophet in Makkah. The elders of Makkah used to gather together and think as to how to counter this “new and strange menace” which “This Prophet of God” has brought upon Makkah and its people.

They were seeing that one by one, number of his followers were increasing and when one becomes his follower, it was neigh impossible to bring him back.

No amount of physical force or abuses or taunts would bring any of those people back. Countering Prophet and his message was always a ready and hot topic with these chiefs and elders of Makkah. One day, Utbah told, the assembly,“I think, you should depute me as your representative to go and come to some solution with Mohammad”

“Please do so Abu Waleed (Respected nick name of Utbah and an Arabian custom still valid today) may be your reasoning will solve the problem. We have full confidence in you” They said with one Voice.

B. Utbah Reasons with Prophet:

Utbah came to prophet and started like this “O son of my brother, your people have send me as their representative to talk to you, please do not interrupt me and listen to my offer fully”

“Yes , Abu Waleed, say what you want to say” Replied the prophet

“You know, we had very high hopes on you, you were born in a very noble family….and now you have brought a calamity on your city, which no one was ever able to do it before” Utbah started

“Because of you, now every house stands divided, sons and fathers, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, brothers and brothers, they stand divided….I do not know what you want to achieve by all this”

“I have three proposals before you, if you wanted by this leadership of Makkah, we will choose you our Leader and King with one voice……If you want wealth, we will give you enough wealth , so you will become wealthiest man in all Arabis…..if you want to marry any beautiful woman of Arabia, we will marry you to most beautiful and esteemed woman of your choice……and if you are suffering from any illness, which you are unable to cure….we will try to get your cure by calling best medicine men in whole of Arabia” Ended Utbah

“Are you finished Abu Waleed” said the prophet,“Yes,“ replied Utbah

(Contd.)

MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#8433 Oct 18, 2012
C. Prophet’s Reply:

“Now listen to my reply” Said prophet (Unsheathing his Sword of Quran) and started reciting from Quran

“HA MIM. A revelation from (Allah) Most Gracious, Most Merciful, A book whereof the verses are explained in detail; a Quran in Arabic for people who understand ; Giving good news and admonition: yet most of them turn away and so they hear not……..”(Ch 41:1-15) Prophet kept on reciting and Utbah was listening like one mesmerized…When he reached verse no 15 (Warning), he put his hand on the mouth of prophet and said “Stop, it is enough”

“Now you have heard my reply” said the prophet.

Utbah came back to his people, walking as one who is intoxicated…after taking some rest, he said “If you take my advise, you leave this man alone, if he is successful, it will be success for us too, and if he fails and is killed by others, we will be absolved of shedding his blood”

“I think, Utbah has also come under his spell’ Said Abu JAHL!

D. End of Utbah:

Utbah did not become Muslim, he was chosen as leader of Makkan army that went to fight at Battle of Badr in year 2 AH…..he tried his best to avoid the battle…..when the Quraish Caravan passed danger zone unharmed…

But Abu Jahl, did not listen to him and accused him of getting impotent and coward…..this insult infuriated Utbah very much and to prove his Power he came forward along with his brother Shaibah and his Son Waleed to demand one by one combat with Muslims.

Utbah was Killed by Hamzah, the Uncle of Prophet.
Waleed was killed by Ali, the cousin of Prophet.
Sahaibah was killed By Obidah, cousin of prophet and Ali and Hamzah

So three of the best warriors of Makkah were slain even before the main battle started.

Such is the story of Utbah who was injured but not slain by the sword of prophet (and he met his end with the steel sword)!!

Source: Companions of Prophet: by Talib Hashmi
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#8434 Oct 18, 2012
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
You are parroting words in order to convince people to be slaves and set yourself up as a master.
You pretend you are the friend of a bully and if we follow your words unconditionally, you'll put in a good word for us or offer the promise of not being noticed from the bully's wrath or everlasting bliss beyond death but no recourse should your promises fail.
Except your bully friend never really shows Itself. You attribute all the bad in the world to your bully friend but no one has really seen It.
Not set MYSELF as the master, no no...but that people become slaves of the Lord of Universe, who is their creator and sustainer and cherisher.

What is personal gain in it for me?

Every Muslim gets the same right and duties as any old Muslim, so where is the superiority?

If some one becomes Muslim, he or she saves himself and herself from hell fire, there is no favor to any Muslim.

Your assumption in wrong.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#8435 Oct 18, 2012
this is the sh*t that's supposed to make us unatheist. right...

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#8436 Oct 18, 2012
In my opinion, a forum is a place for writers and thinkers. Those who post others' words more than their own don't qualify on either count. They are, of course, free to post their regurgitations, but cannot expect to be taken seriously.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#8437 Oct 18, 2012
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/9607763/Musli... #
10,000 British Muslims protest the attempted murder of a 14 year-old girl whose 'crime' was to want to go to school, right?...
Wrong.

"Until ["Innocence of Muslims" Video] is banned we will keep protesting,"
Organiser Masoud Alam said.

I think they'll be protesting until they understand what freedom of speech and expression mean.

United States

#8438 Oct 18, 2012
Well of course they won't protest her being gunned down. They celebrate that as Muq celebrates that. It is the way of the prophet to do such things. In fact many Muslims are protesting the media for not saying the victim was anti Islam.
EdSed wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/new s/9607763/Muslims-protest-age- of-mockery-as-thousands-descen d-on-Google-HQ.html#
10,000 British Muslims protest the attempted murder of a 14 year-old girl whose 'crime' was to want to go to school, right?...
Wrong.
"Until ["Innocence of Muslims" Video] is banned we will keep protesting,"
Organiser Masoud Alam said.
I think they'll be protesting until they understand what freedom of speech and expression mean.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#8439 Oct 18, 2012
Jack_Skellington wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's true that a lot of younger muslims don't actually believe in the religion in a divine sense, but some stay loyal to it in a gang-like mentality and others tow the line because they're too frightened to do anything else.
20 years ago muslims in the UK were much more westernised than they are now. You rarely saw young muslims with beards or hijabs. 9/11 and subsequent events have made these people a lot more militant and defiant to their host cultures than ever before.
Depends on the area. The key difference between most Muslims and most christians is that christians choose their vile religious doctrine, and most Muslims have no choice due to the gang-like recruitment. Most Muslims don't believe in the superstitious nonsense, but they fear denying it more than they fear dying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 20 min New Age Spiritual... 238,412
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr Thinking 6,696
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr Thinking 2,097
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr The Dude 18,864
News Confessions of a black atheist 2 hr Patrick 477
News .com | What hope is there without God? 4 hr geezerjock 1
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 5 hr Pete-o 7,409
More from around the web