Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments (Page 397)

Showing posts 7,921 - 7,940 of21,342
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-8

The Case of : One old Woman of Makkah

Old women are very steadfast in their religion and faith. It is not easy for them to change their religion or faith easily and they look with contempt on any one who tries that. This is impression of any one who has experience is propagation of faith.

There was an Old women in Makkah, who was very firm in the faith of Makkan people, when she came to know that our prophet is condemning that faith and had started a “New religion”……she started hating our prophet with extreme hatred.

It so happened that The Woman, was residing on the first floor of the house and prophet had to walk by her house, when he used to go out for any business.

The woman kept watch and whenever prophet will walk under her balcony, she would throw dust and garbage on his head, under the pretext of cleaning her house and balcony. Prophet would move away, cleaning his hairs and clothes from the dirt.

It so happened that once three days passed and nothing was thrown from that balcony. On fourth day, prophet became curious, he went up the stairs and knocked at the door. He found the old woman sick and with fever and no one to take care for her.

The prophet consoled her, and gave her some water and went to bring some medicine for her. When prophet was returning from the house, the Old woman called him back and said “I was so wrong about you and your message, I now repent and accept your faith”

With that she declared Islamic Creed “I witness that there is no deity except Allah and Mohammad is His Messenger”!!

Such is the case of another enemy of prophet “slain” by the “Sword of Kindness”

Source: Companions of Prophet: by Talib Hashmi
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>
You have been asked many moral questions, and you have never responded to them. That would tend show that you agree with the premise of the questionable acts being asked and do not find then offensive humanity.
The amorality in question is your inability to response to a moral question.
I reply to posts which I think are pertinent and not rhetoric and the person has some genuine doubts or query or wants to know something.

I refuse to answers question that make tangent attacks on Islam and generalize actions of few on whole community.

I am here to defend Islam and its teaching not to justify actions of a particular Muslim, a particular leader or a particular country and its rulers.

Ask me about Islam and its teachings and not what Muslims are doing.... if majority of Muslims were living according to teachings of Islam, most of people in the world by this time would have become Muslims.

But we cannot stop telling people about Islam and its teachings until all Muslims become True Muslims.... otherwise these non Muslims will accuse us in the hereafter that these Muslims never told us about Islam and its teachings.

Muslim Dawah activities are continuing amongst Muslims also and most of our time is spending on reforming Muslims.... but we also tell non muslims about Islam to save us from their accusations in the hereafter.

Otherwise we would have kept our mouth shut and not speak or write a single word.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

The prophet says kill children who want an education.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Religion, take note

This week I safely dropped a man from space while you shot a child in the head for wanting to go to school.

Science.
MUQ wrote:
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-6
Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his “opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him” at “the drop of hat” and all his adversaries would be “terrified” at the mere sight of him.
The picture is far from true, let us look at some incidents from the life of prophet, as what was “this sword which killed the enmity for ever”
The Case of : HIND BINT UTBAH BIN RABEAH
A. Early History:
She was the daughter of Utbah bin Rabeah, one of the Chiefs of Makkah. She was wife of Abu Sufian, another Chief of Makkah and she was the mother of Muawiah , Fifth Caliph of Islamic state. So from every angle her was a dignified position.
When prophet declared his mission in Makkah, both her father Utbah and her husband Abu Sufian became staunch enemies of Islam. She inherited hatred of Islam from both directions and was enemy of Islam by any standard.
When prophet migrated to Medina and the first battle took place between Makkan and Muslims at the place of Badr, her husband was leading the Trade Caravan, which was one reason for the battle. Her father was head of Makkan army.
Her father, her uncle and her brother (Utbah, Shaibah and Waleed) were the first three Makkan who were killed in individual combats, before the general fighting started. They were killed by Hamzah, prophet’s Uncle, Ali, Prophet’s cousin and Ubaidah, prophets cousin.
These three deaths of close family members at the hands of so close relatives of prophet, made her almost mad with rage.
B. Hind and the Battle of Ohud:
This battle which took place in 3AH was to take the revenge for the battle of Badr. In this battle, Hind was leading groups of Makkan women that were singing battle songs and encouraging their men to fight.
Hind devised a plan to kill Hamzah, the uncle of prophet, who had killed her father and brother at Badr. She told one Abyssinian slave that if he killed Hamzah, he would be set free. The slave looked for Hamzah and finding an opportunity, killed him with his lance.
When news reached Hind, she found the corpse of Hamzah, cut his nose and ears and hung them as garland around her neck…..then she opened his stomach and took out the liver….she tried to chew it, but spat after a few bites.
And she left the corpse of Hamzah in that condition in the battle field. Following her action, other Makkan women disfigured corpses of other martyred Muslims.
When prophet saw the condition of his uncle’s body after the end of battle, he was extremely pained….he vowed to do the same to copses of unbelievers, but was told by God to refrain from it.
This incident shows the spiteful nature and passion of that great woman!!
(Contd.)

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Muq cheered for that young girls murder.
swerty wrote:
Religion, take note
This week I safely dropped a man from space while you shot a child in the head for wanting to go to school.
Science. <quoted text>

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Wat the Tyler wrote:
Religion will cease to exist sometime in the 21st century.
I doubt it.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Religion will cease to exist the day humans cease to exist on this planet.

Or the power of judgment and distinction between truth and falsehood and right and wrong is removed from human conscience and sub conscience.

“I'll give you Oogie Boogie”

Since: Oct 12

Halloween Town

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

MUQ wrote:
Or the power of judgment and distinction between truth and falsehood and right and wrong is removed from human conscience and sub conscience.
You're not fully in this century, are you?

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Nope Muq who's initials stand for Muhammad's ugly queer longs for society to return to the dark ages. He is firmly against women getting equal education or rights and praises the barbaric animals who kill them for speaking out.
Jack_Skellington wrote:
<quoted text>

Halloween Town

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
Nope Muq who's initials stand for Muhammad's ugly queer longs for society to return to the dark ages. He is firmly against women getting equal education or rights and praises the barbaric animals who kill them for speaking out.
<quoted text>
Well, he can live his with his head up his arse if that's what he wants, but a growing number of this world's population have no choice, thanks to people like him with that shit in their heads.

It's spreading, and people in the 'free world' need to be on their guard.

Halloween Town

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Typo: He can live his life with his head up his arse if that's what he wants.

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Even in Islam slowly but surely the youth are slipping away and not nearly as dedicated as Muslims from even 20 years ago. Many claim to stay in Islam so they don't get gunned down but once Islam starts moving away from that just watch how many full scale flee from it.
Jack_Skellington wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, he can live his with his head up his arse if that's what he wants, but a growing number of this world's population have no choice, thanks to people like him with that shit in their heads.
It's spreading, and people in the 'free world' need to be on their guard.

Halloween Town

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
Even in Islam slowly but surely the youth are slipping away and not nearly as dedicated as Muslims from even 20 years ago. Many claim to stay in Islam so they don't get gunned down but once Islam starts moving away from that just watch how many full scale flee from it.
<quoted text>
I think it's true that a lot of younger muslims don't actually believe in the religion in a divine sense, but some stay loyal to it in a gang-like mentality and others tow the line because they're too frightened to do anything else.

20 years ago muslims in the UK were much more westernised than they are now. You rarely saw young muslims with beards or hijabs. 9/11 and subsequent events have made these people a lot more militant and defiant to their host cultures than ever before.
Jacktheladat1

Plymouth, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Jack_Skellington wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only - he's not fully wired-up.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

MUQ wrote:
But first there are more young girls that need to be shot.

How dare these young girls request an education!!!

How dare they upset the sensitive and deeply pious Muslims!!!

I guess they deserve all they get.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I reply to posts which I think are pertinent and not rhetoric and the person has some genuine doubts or query or wants to know something.
The questions have been and are relevant, and we would like to know.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I refuse to answers question that make tangent attacks on Islam and generalize actions of few on whole community.
Who said the questions are and attack on your religion? The questions are the litmus test of your religion and character.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am here to defend Islam and its teaching not to justify actions of a particular Muslim, a particular leader or a particular country and its rulers.
So far you inability to answer is defending the actions of all that perpetrate injustice and horrific acts upon humanity.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask me about Islam and its teachings and not what Muslims are doing.... if majority of Muslims were living according to teachings of Islam, most of people in the world by this time would have become Muslims.
We have through the questions that you will not answer. You do not see that not answering the questions places you as an amoral person as well as your religion if you defend the acts.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
But we cannot stop telling people about Islam and its teachings until all Muslims become True Muslims.... otherwise these non Muslims will accuse us in the hereafter that these Muslims never told us about Islam and its teachings.
The teachings are by deeds as well as by word. Yet you defend the acts by not denouncing them.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Muslim Dawah activities are continuing amongst Muslims also and most of our time is spending on reforming Muslims.... but we also tell non muslims about Islam to save us from their accusations in the hereafter.
Otherwise we would have kept our mouth shut and not speak or write a single word.
For the most part mulims have kept their mouths shut and their eyes as well as their hearts to the reprobates and nefarious people in the Muslim religion. By this act your are as guilty as the ones causing the acts of hate, violence, murder, genocide, and rape.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Capitalism and war are twins, that is a fact. It is a fact that nuclear war in any way is the end of humankind. The power of nature is enough (for instance Taifuns and so on) to extinguish a big portion of the population. Adionally the destroying of nature by men is not far from erasing humanity.
That's nice. You found a scapegoat of all the world's ills.

However, you neglect to answer the question of how you would allocate limited resources.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
No.

You are parroting words in order to convince people to be slaves and set yourself up as a master.

You pretend you are the friend of a bully and if we follow your words unconditionally, you'll put in a good word for us or offer the promise of not being noticed from the bully's wrath or everlasting bliss beyond death but no recourse should your promises fail.

Except your bully friend never really shows Itself. You attribute all the bad in the world to your bully friend but no one has really seen It.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-9

Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his “opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him” at “the drop of hat” and all his adversaries would be “terrified” at the mere sight of him.

The picture is far from true, let us look at some incidents from the life of prophet, as what was “this sword which killed the enmity for ever”

The Case of : UTBAH BIN RABEEAH, CHIEF OF ONE MAKKAN CLAN

A. Utbah ‘s position in Makkah

Utbah was a much respected Chief of one of the Makkah Clans. His words and his position mattered very much with the Makkah pagans.

He knew the prophet from the very childhood and when prophet declared his mission, he did not accept it. He was one of leading members of those who were opposing prophets, but he never used physical force or foul language when talking and dealing with prophet.

He can be called as “one of Civil Adversaries” of prophet in Makkah. The elders of Makkah used to gather together and think as to how to counter this “new and strange menace” which “This Prophet of God” has brought upon Makkah and its people.

They were seeing that one by one, number of his followers were increasing and when one becomes his follower, it was neigh impossible to bring him back.

No amount of physical force or abuses or taunts would bring any of those people back. Countering Prophet and his message was always a ready and hot topic with these chiefs and elders of Makkah. One day, Utbah told, the assembly,“I think, you should depute me as your representative to go and come to some solution with Mohammad”

“Please do so Abu Waleed (Respected nick name of Utbah and an Arabian custom still valid today) may be your reasoning will solve the problem. We have full confidence in you” They said with one Voice.

B. Utbah Reasons with Prophet:

Utbah came to prophet and started like this “O son of my brother, your people have send me as their representative to talk to you, please do not interrupt me and listen to my offer fully”

“Yes , Abu Waleed, say what you want to say” Replied the prophet

“You know, we had very high hopes on you, you were born in a very noble family….and now you have brought a calamity on your city, which no one was ever able to do it before” Utbah started

“Because of you, now every house stands divided, sons and fathers, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, brothers and brothers, they stand divided….I do not know what you want to achieve by all this”

“I have three proposals before you, if you wanted by this leadership of Makkah, we will choose you our Leader and King with one voice……If you want wealth, we will give you enough wealth , so you will become wealthiest man in all Arabis…..if you want to marry any beautiful woman of Arabia, we will marry you to most beautiful and esteemed woman of your choice……and if you are suffering from any illness, which you are unable to cure….we will try to get your cure by calling best medicine men in whole of Arabia” Ended Utbah

“Are you finished Abu Waleed” said the prophet,“Yes,“ replied Utbah

(Contd.)

MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

C. Prophet’s Reply:

“Now listen to my reply” Said prophet (Unsheathing his Sword of Quran) and started reciting from Quran

“HA MIM. A revelation from (Allah) Most Gracious, Most Merciful, A book whereof the verses are explained in detail; a Quran in Arabic for people who understand ; Giving good news and admonition: yet most of them turn away and so they hear not……..”(Ch 41:1-15) Prophet kept on reciting and Utbah was listening like one mesmerized…When he reached verse no 15 (Warning), he put his hand on the mouth of prophet and said “Stop, it is enough”

“Now you have heard my reply” said the prophet.

Utbah came back to his people, walking as one who is intoxicated…after taking some rest, he said “If you take my advise, you leave this man alone, if he is successful, it will be success for us too, and if he fails and is killed by others, we will be absolved of shedding his blood”

“I think, Utbah has also come under his spell’ Said Abu JAHL!

D. End of Utbah:

Utbah did not become Muslim, he was chosen as leader of Makkan army that went to fight at Battle of Badr in year 2 AH…..he tried his best to avoid the battle…..when the Quraish Caravan passed danger zone unharmed…

But Abu Jahl, did not listen to him and accused him of getting impotent and coward…..this insult infuriated Utbah very much and to prove his Power he came forward along with his brother Shaibah and his Son Waleed to demand one by one combat with Muslims.

Utbah was Killed by Hamzah, the Uncle of Prophet.
Waleed was killed by Ali, the cousin of Prophet.
Sahaibah was killed By Obidah, cousin of prophet and Ali and Hamzah

So three of the best warriors of Makkah were slain even before the main battle started.

Such is the story of Utbah who was injured but not slain by the sword of prophet (and he met his end with the steel sword)!!

Source: Companions of Prophet: by Talib Hashmi

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 7,921 - 7,940 of21,342
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••