Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 23,178

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#8400 Oct 15, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
It is strange comment on what I posted....where is the amorality in my post?
Di you post a "mechanical sort of comment" or you did it after studying my post? I do not think so.
Studying?? You must be joking. Reading your posts is exactly like reading the Torah or Bible. It is just religious hogwash.

The immorality in your posts is that you post them amongst questions affecting your fellow human beings, like those about Malala. You choose to ignore humanity for the sake of idle religious dogma which is why you tend to be braketed with the sort of "Muslims" who shot her.

If you wish to be part of the discussion, you will have to pay attention to it. Never you mind criticising others for their 'lack of study'- you are the one paying least attention to what is written in this thread.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#8401 Oct 15, 2012
It is strange, all these people say that no one reads my posts, and yet, I repeat and yet, I get maximum number of posts!!

If NONE of these people read my posts, why are they FIRSTS to comment that NO ONE reads them?

A bit strange, don't you think? I know my posts hurt these people in their most sensitive parts, their hearts!!

They make such remarks so I get discouraged and stop my posts. If they but keep quite and do not make any comments, may be I get disheartened and leave the thread.

But the injury I cause to their hearts is too big for them to ignore me totally. It is like a catch-22 situation.

They cannot leave me in peace and they cannot bear the injury!! A real dilemma!!
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#8402 Oct 15, 2012
Given Muq's determination to ingnore the question, one might naturally conclude that he is unconcerned at the killing of a 14 year old girl in the name of Islam, simply because she wished to get an education.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#8403 Oct 15, 2012
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-19944078
"The petition calls on Pakistan to ensure that every girl like Malala has the chance to go to school," he said, while also calling on the international community to ensure all children have access to education by the end of 2015.

Mr Brown said he would hand the petition to Pakistan's President Asif Ali Zardari when he visits Islamabad in November.
Unquote.

Will Malala survive? The next few days will be critical.

http://www.apostatesofislam.com/

More victims of Islamism...
http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/02...

Religious sectarianism is a blight on humanity..
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/08...

Since: Mar 11

Hurst, TX

#8404 Oct 15, 2012
Exactly all he would have to do is say he denounces the violent actions of these Muslims yet he won't. Why?

Because they are using Muhammad's sword. No wonder Muslim youth are drifting away from Islam in record numbers.
EdSed wrote:
Given Muq's determination to ingnore the question, one might naturally conclude that he is unconcerned at the killing of a 14 year old girl in the name of Islam, simply because she wished to get an education.
Jacktheladat1

Burton-on-trent, UK

#8405 Oct 15, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Di you post a "mechanical sort of comment" or you did it after studying my post? I do not think so.
OMG! Your English Language embarrasses kids of four years old.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#8406 Oct 15, 2012
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-6

Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his “opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him” at “the drop of hat” and all his adversaries would be “terrified” at the mere sight of him.

The picture is far from true, let us look at some incidents from the life of prophet, as what was “this sword which killed the enmity for ever”

The Case of : HIND BINT UTBAH BIN RABEAH

A. Early History:

She was the daughter of Utbah bin Rabeah, one of the Chiefs of Makkah. She was wife of Abu Sufian, another Chief of Makkah and she was the mother of Muawiah , Fifth Caliph of Islamic state. So from every angle her was a dignified position.

When prophet declared his mission in Makkah, both her father Utbah and her husband Abu Sufian became staunch enemies of Islam. She inherited hatred of Islam from both directions and was enemy of Islam by any standard.

When prophet migrated to Medina and the first battle took place between Makkan and Muslims at the place of Badr, her husband was leading the Trade Caravan, which was one reason for the battle. Her father was head of Makkan army.

Her father, her uncle and her brother (Utbah, Shaibah and Waleed) were the first three Makkan who were killed in individual combats, before the general fighting started. They were killed by Hamzah, prophet’s Uncle, Ali, Prophet’s cousin and Ubaidah, prophets cousin.

These three deaths of close family members at the hands of so close relatives of prophet, made her almost mad with rage.

B. Hind and the Battle of Ohud:

This battle which took place in 3AH was to take the revenge for the battle of Badr. In this battle, Hind was leading groups of Makkan women that were singing battle songs and encouraging their men to fight.

Hind devised a plan to kill Hamzah, the uncle of prophet, who had killed her father and brother at Badr. She told one Abyssinian slave that if he killed Hamzah, he would be set free. The slave looked for Hamzah and finding an opportunity, killed him with his lance.

When news reached Hind, she found the corpse of Hamzah, cut his nose and ears and hung them as garland around her neck…..then she opened his stomach and took out the liver….she tried to chew it, but spat after a few bites.

And she left the corpse of Hamzah in that condition in the battle field. Following her action, other Makkan women disfigured corpses of other martyred Muslims.

When prophet saw the condition of his uncle’s body after the end of battle, he was extremely pained….he vowed to do the same to copses of unbelievers, but was told by God to refrain from it.

This incident shows the spiteful nature and passion of that great woman!!

(Contd.)

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#8407 Oct 15, 2012
C: How did prophet “slay” her:

When prophet captured Makkah in 8 AH, he announced a general amnesty to all Makkah people. Abu Sufian had accepted Islam just days before capture of Makkah, prophet gave him amnesty and told that any one who will take refuge in his house will be granted amnesty.

After order was restored, prophet took the pledge of Islam, from every one in Makkah, first men and when no one was left…he took the pledge from women also.

Hind, also appeared before prophet, disguised so that she might not be recognized and the following dialogues took place:

“I will worship Allah and will make no partners with him” Said the prophet

“I accept this” said Hind

“I will not commit adultery or fornication” said prophet

“Can any honorable women do such things” said Hind

“I will not kill my children” said the prophet

“We raise them and then you kill them” said Hind

“Are you Hind” asked the prophet?

“Yes” replied Hind

“I will not steal” said the prophet

“I take some money from Abu Sufian’s purse because he is miser, is it also stealing” said Hind

“If you take what suffice you and your children , then it is OK” said the prophet.

So the pledge was taken and Hind said

“O prophet of Allah, when I came here, no face was more disagreeable to me than your face and now it is most beautiful of All faces” said Hind

Such was Hind daughter of Utbah, one of the victims of “sword” of our prophet!!

Source: Companions of Prophet: by Talib Hashmi

Hurst, TX

#8408 Oct 15, 2012
The prophet has his followers use the sword on 14 year old girls who ask for education.
Jacktheladat1

London, UK

#8409 Oct 16, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
The prophet has his followers use the sword on 14 year old girls who ask for education.
MUQ has not the balls to speak-out against any wrong-doing factual or implied in the name of his religion. I know that; YOU know that AND MUQ knows full well he hasn't. You/we waste time even considering otherwise.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#8410 Oct 16, 2012
Muq's religion shoots 14 year old girls in the head because they want to go to school.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#8411 Oct 16, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You have been asked many moral questions, and you have never responded to them. That would tend show that you agree with the premise of the questionable acts being asked and do not find then offensive humanity.

The amorality in question is your inability to response to a moral question.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#8412 Oct 16, 2012
Sorry should have been "do not find then offensive to humanity".
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#8413 Oct 16, 2012
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-7

Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his “opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him” at “the drop of hat” and all his adversaries would be “terrified” at the mere sight of him.

The picture is far from true, let us look at some incidents from the life of prophet, as what was “this sword which killed the enmity for ever”

The Case of : One Jew in Medina

His name is mentioned in Islamic books of history, he was a wealthy Jew in Medina, he wanted to test the perseverance and patience of the prophet, and was looking for some suitable opportunity to arise.

Once prophet had to borrow some money from him, to meet some immediate need. He gave the money and the period of repayment of due was fixed.

While there were still some days remaining for the grace period, he approached Prophet, while he was teaching a group of his companions, including Omar Bin Khattab.

The Jew addressed prophet like this “O Mohammad, when will you repay my due? I know the clan of Hashim, they are never true to their trust, it seems you will never return my money”.

His companions were stunned by the tone and charge of the Jew, Omar stood up and said “O enemy of Allah, do you not realize, to whom you are speaking? O prophet of Allah, allow me and I will kill him”.

“Omar calm down” said the prophet,“You should have spoken with justice, you should have asked me to pay my debt, and you should have asked him to be polite in his demand”

“Now you go and pay him the dues” said Prophet to Omar “And give him some more, because of the anxiety which you caused him”

The Jew came back some time later with money and said to prophet “I only wanted to test your patience, I am now convinced of your faith, I declare my faith and become Muslim, and this money, I give in charity in the cause of Allah”

This is story of Jew who was slain by the “Sword of Patience”!!

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#8414 Oct 16, 2012
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-8

The Case of : One old Woman of Makkah

Old women are very steadfast in their religion and faith. It is not easy for them to change their religion or faith easily and they look with contempt on any one who tries that. This is impression of any one who has experience is propagation of faith.

There was an Old women in Makkah, who was very firm in the faith of Makkan people, when she came to know that our prophet is condemning that faith and had started a “New religion”……she started hating our prophet with extreme hatred.

It so happened that The Woman, was residing on the first floor of the house and prophet had to walk by her house, when he used to go out for any business.

The woman kept watch and whenever prophet will walk under her balcony, she would throw dust and garbage on his head, under the pretext of cleaning her house and balcony. Prophet would move away, cleaning his hairs and clothes from the dirt.

It so happened that once three days passed and nothing was thrown from that balcony. On fourth day, prophet became curious, he went up the stairs and knocked at the door. He found the old woman sick and with fever and no one to take care for her.

The prophet consoled her, and gave her some water and went to bring some medicine for her. When prophet was returning from the house, the Old woman called him back and said “I was so wrong about you and your message, I now repent and accept your faith”

With that she declared Islamic Creed “I witness that there is no deity except Allah and Mohammad is His Messenger”!!

Such is the case of another enemy of prophet “slain” by the “Sword of Kindness”

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#8415 Oct 16, 2012
Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>
You have been asked many moral questions, and you have never responded to them. That would tend show that you agree with the premise of the questionable acts being asked and do not find then offensive humanity.
The amorality in question is your inability to response to a moral question.
I reply to posts which I think are pertinent and not rhetoric and the person has some genuine doubts or query or wants to know something.

I refuse to answers question that make tangent attacks on Islam and generalize actions of few on whole community.

I am here to defend Islam and its teaching not to justify actions of a particular Muslim, a particular leader or a particular country and its rulers.

Ask me about Islam and its teachings and not what Muslims are doing.... if majority of Muslims were living according to teachings of Islam, most of people in the world by this time would have become Muslims.

But we cannot stop telling people about Islam and its teachings until all Muslims become True Muslims.... otherwise these non Muslims will accuse us in the hereafter that these Muslims never told us about Islam and its teachings.

Muslim Dawah activities are continuing amongst Muslims also and most of our time is spending on reforming Muslims.... but we also tell non muslims about Islam to save us from their accusations in the hereafter.

Otherwise we would have kept our mouth shut and not speak or write a single word.

Louisville, KY

#8416 Oct 16, 2012
The prophet says kill children who want an education.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#8417 Oct 16, 2012
Religion, take note

This week I safely dropped a man from space while you shot a child in the head for wanting to go to school.

Science.
MUQ wrote:
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-6
The Case of : HIND BINT UTBAH BIN RABEAH
A. Early History:
She was the daughter of Utbah bin Rabeah, one of the Chiefs of Makkah. She was wife of Abu Sufian, another Chief of Makkah and she was the mother of Muawiah , Fifth Caliph of Islamic state. So from every angle her was a dignified position.
When prophet declared his mission in Makkah, both her father Utbah and her husband Abu Sufian became staunch enemies of Islam. She inherited hatred of Islam from both directions and was enemy of Islam by any standard.
When prophet migrated to Medina and the first battle took place between Makkan and Muslims at the place of Badr, her husband was leading the Trade Caravan, which was one reason for the battle. Her father was head of Makkan army.
Her father, her uncle and her brother (Utbah, Shaibah and Waleed) were the first three Makkan who were killed in individual combats, before the general fighting started. They were killed by Hamzah, prophet’s Uncle, Ali, Prophet’s cousin and Ubaidah, prophets cousin.
These three deaths of close family members at the hands of so close relatives of prophet, made her almost mad with rage.
B. Hind and the Battle of Ohud:
This battle which took place in 3AH was to take the revenge for the battle of Badr. In this battle, Hind was leading groups of Makkan women that were singing battle songs and encouraging their men to fight.
Hind devised a plan to kill Hamzah, the uncle of prophet, who had killed her father and brother at Badr. She told one Abyssinian slave that if he killed Hamzah, he would be set free. The slave looked for Hamzah and finding an opportunity, killed him with his lance.
When news reached Hind, she found the corpse of Hamzah, cut his nose and ears and hung them as garland around her neck…..then she opened his stomach and took out the liver….she tried to chew it, but spat after a few bites.
And she left the corpse of Hamzah in that condition in the battle field. Following her action, other Makkan women disfigured corpses of other martyred Muslims.
When prophet saw the condition of his uncle’s body after the end of battle, he was extremely pained….he vowed to do the same to copses of unbelievers, but was told by God to refrain from it.
This incident shows the spiteful nature and passion of that great woman!!
(Contd.)

Louisville, KY

#8418 Oct 16, 2012
Muq cheered for that young girls murder.
swerty wrote:
Religion, take note
This week I safely dropped a man from space while you shot a child in the head for wanting to go to school.
Science. <quoted text>

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#8419 Oct 17, 2012
Wat the Tyler wrote:
Religion will cease to exist sometime in the 21st century.
I doubt it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Joe fortuna 232,765
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 11 min Eagle 12 2,268
Islam is the Enemy (Sep '12) 3 hr Thinking 28
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 3 hr Thinking 119
God' existence 3 hr Thinking 57
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 4 hr thetruth 1,442
Atheism does not exist at all 4 hr thetruth 4
More from around the web