Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments (Page 394)

Showing posts 7,861 - 7,880 of21,376
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
I notice Muq ran like a scalded dog from my Quran passages.
I hear some hospitals want to use the prophet Muhammad as a role model for epileptic children showing how just because they have seizures and sheeyit themselves they to could one day be a prophet just as Muhammad was said to be. Muhammad we know ha seizures and was an epileptic.
Well, he seems to have happily seized little girls.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Certainly the prophet Muhammad liked raping children. Probably why so many in Islam adore him.
Saint Augustine wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, he seems to have happily seized little girls.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, any war is barbarous. But, being so we (mankind) have to get rid of the barbarous capitalism. In the nuclear age the chances of getting loose of capitalism is almost nil. So humanity will get blank of extinction.
And mankind has been barbarous for millenia. So how is it now that capitalism is the root of the problem?

What economic system do you propose to allocate limited resources?

What system of punishment do you propose to counter violations of your proposed economic system (if it works)?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
Certainly the prophet Muhammad liked raping children. Probably why so many in Islam adore him.
<quoted text>
Yup.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
1. How could our prophet “modify” Judaism and Christianity when he did not know how to read and how to write and he did not have any known teacher?
You cannot take any one’s claim on face value. There is no separate God in Judaism and in Christianity and in Islam. They all worship the same God, the Creator of this Universe.
You are just making claims without giving any proof that why they are all wrong?
May be it is you who is wrong? And what name you have chosen for yourself and what you write they are exactly opposite of each others!!
Reading and writing were not required to modify Judaism to suit his own whims.
It is all "do overs", each sucessive group changed that which was there, to what they chose it to be. That still has not changed, there are still those who would claim Islam the vengeful and violent, as a religion of peace. Which it may be, but only if you are willing to capitulate to anothers will. In other words, bend over, and take it!

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Saint Augustine wrote:
<quoted text>
Ayup.
Built on a pedophile's violent phantasies.
That any adult could sanction using children for sex, is insane. We are meant to by our own nature, to protect the little ones of our tribes.

It is scary that so many humans, are so willing to be led to that which is so far from humane. I think that we are the only species that see ourselves as lower, than what we are. Imagine convincing a rabbit, that it is not fit to be a rabbit, or a rooster to be ashamed of being a rooster. Theism teaches humans that they are not fit to be human. That by giving up the very real pleasures of just being human, they will be rewarded.

We are human, and none of us will ever have anything better than that. We will not by giving up our humanity now, become something better than human, after our deaths

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>That any adult could sanction using children for sex, is insane. We are meant to by our own nature, to protect the little ones of our tribes.
It is scary that so many humans, are so willing to be led to that which is so far from humane. I think that we are the only species that see ourselves as lower, than what we are. Imagine convincing a rabbit, that it is not fit to be a rabbit, or a rooster to be ashamed of being a rooster. Theism teaches humans that they are not fit to be human. That by giving up the very real pleasures of just being human, they will be rewarded.
We are human, and none of us will ever have anything better than that. We will not by giving up our humanity now, become something better than human, after our deaths
I'm with you.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-2

Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his “opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him” at “the drop of hat” and all his adversaries would be “terrified” at the mere sight of him.

The picture is far from true, let us look at some incidents from the life of prophet, as what was “this sword which killed the enmity for ever”

The Case of : IKRIMAH BIN ABU JAHL BIN HISHAM OF MAKHZOOM TRIBE

A. Early History:

Ikrimah was the son of Most Hateful of all enemies of Makkan enemies of our prophet. His father was Famous Abu Jahl, who was avowed enemy of prophet. Both father and son were hardcore enemies of prophet during his stay in Makkah.

His father used to physically torture early Muslims and he even killed the first two earliest Muslims slaves in Makkah.

Ikrimah , was young, warrior and an accomplished youth of Makkah. But he inherited the enmity of prophet from his father.

When his famed father was killed in the famous Battle of Badr, his hatred for Islam and Prophet only went on high gear.

B. After death of His father:

In the battle of Ohud, he took part in the battle and was incharge of the one flank of front cavalry section of Makkan army. When the tide of battle turned against Muslims, he and Khalid were the reason for that turn.

He took part in the Battle of Trenches that took place in 5AH, and he was at the rear of Makkan retreating army, to protect it from being attacked.

When prophet conquered Makkah in 8 AH, Ikrimah was the one, who attacked one of Muslim army’s division, he fled after loss of 7 or so dead.

C. How did prophet “slay” him:

Due to his crimes against Muslim, Prophet did not name Ikrimah in the general amnesty which he extended to most of Makkah people.

Ikrimah fled Makkah, fearing for his life and boarded a ship to take him to Abyssinia. While he was in ship, a storm engulfed the ship….Ikriamah beseeched his idols , Lat and Uzzah for deliverance….his companions of ship told him “In these situations, Lat and Uzzah are of no help…..you should call on Allah only, He alone can give you deliverance”!!

Ikrimah was shocked to hear this, He said “that is what the Prophet is preaching, how fool I was all these days, if I am safe from this storm, I will go and accept his faith”

Meanwhile his wife approached prophet and said “My husband has fled Makkah in fear of his life, will you grant him pardon also, prophet agreed to her request and asked her to bring him back, he gave her, his turban as a sign for pardon.

His wife found her returning husband, and they came to prophet, on seeing Ikrimah, prophet rose from his seat and embraced him, Ikrimah accepted Islam and became a true Muslim.

(Contd.)

MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

D. His life after Islam:

In order to save him embarrassment, prophet told his companions, that no one should criticize his father, when he is around.

He was a warrior and very good soldier with leadership skills. Prophet used him on many missions and after his death, Abu Bakr, the first Caliph used him in all major battles to curb internal strife in Arabia, after death of prophet.

He took part in the famous Battle of Yamamah against false prophet Muslaimah. He also took part in Iraqi campaigns.

During the reign of Second Caliph Omar, he was part of Muslim army in the famous battle of Yarmouk. He was leading one faction of army along with Khalid bin Waleed.

The Muslim army was outnumbered atleast one to five in that battle and fighting continued for three days and more.

When Muslim armies were feeling too much pressure, Ikrimah stood up and said “I have faought many battles against the prophet and never turned my back, how can I turned my back against these unbelievers? Who will take a pledge of Death with me?”

Four hundred of his fellows took the pledge and they attacked enemies and turned the tide against them, they all died in the battle field one after other, including Ikrimah!!

Dying Ikrimah was brought to the commander Khalid bin Waleed, who gave him water and took his head on his lap and said “you fulfilled the pledge which you took to the prophet”.

Such was Ikrimah, whom prophet “Killed using his Sword of Pardon and Mercy and forgetting his past”!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

MUQ wrote:
D. His life after Islam:
In order to save him embarrassment, prophet told his companions, that no one should criticize his father, when he is around.
He was a warrior and very good soldier with leadership skills. Prophet used him on many missions and after his death, Abu Bakr, the first Caliph used him in all major battles to curb internal strife in Arabia, after death of prophet.
He took part in the famous Battle of Yamamah against false prophet Muslaimah. He also took part in Iraqi campaigns.
During the reign of Second Caliph Omar, he was part of Muslim army in the famous battle of Yarmouk. He was leading one faction of army along with Khalid bin Waleed.
The Muslim army was outnumbered atleast one to five in that battle and fighting continued for three days and more.
When Muslim armies were feeling too much pressure, Ikrimah stood up and said “I have faought many battles against the prophet and never turned my back, how can I turned my back against these unbelievers? Who will take a pledge of Death with me?”
Four hundred of his fellows took the pledge and they attacked enemies and turned the tide against them, they all died in the battle field one after other, including Ikrimah!!
Dying Ikrimah was brought to the commander Khalid bin Waleed, who gave him water and took his head on his lap and said “you fulfilled the pledge which you took to the prophet”.
Such was Ikrimah, whom prophet “Killed using his Sword of Pardon and Mercy and forgetting his past”!!
Was that before or after he was a pedophile?

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

MUQ wrote:
D. His life after Islam:
Did Ikrimah use the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch to blow thine enemies to tiny bits in Thy mercy?

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

I am sure the prophet Muhammad was raping children far before he went into a cave, had a seizure and thought Allah the moon god spoke to him.
Saint Augustine wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that before or after he was a pedophile?
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

RP wrote:
01. Reading and writing were not required to modify Judaism to suit his own whims. It is all "do overs", each successive group changed that which was there, to what they chose it to be.

02. That still has not changed, there are still those who would claim Islam the vengeful and violent, as a religion of peace. Which it may be, but only if you are willing to capitulate to anothers will. In other words, bend over, and take it!
Ans.

01. If some one who is unable to even read and write and has no earthly teacher could "modify" Jewish and Christian religion and pinpoint the mistakes from which they deviated from the true path….it is really strange. And if our prophet could do it, what prevented other people in Makkah doing the same?

02. People might claim any thing they wish, there are 1.5 Billion Muslims in the world who believe in the truth and sincerity of the prophet.

So far no new major religion has come up in world in past 1400 years, let us see how many new religions come in the life left for this earth before the End of Time comes!!
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Any one can see the "Low IQ levels" of the comments that are being offered to my post on "Which Sword Prophet used"

People are free to suggest that which sword should be used against these people!!

I think dispatching Nobel Peace Prizes to each of them n recognition of their services to promote Brotherly Love should be in Order!!

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Muq why are so many passages in the Quran stolen from the Torah and the Gospels of the NT?

You yourself have already admitted that Muhammad beat his wife, taught Muslim men how to beat their wives to keep them in line, and killed innocent people by the sword for not converting to Islam.

The only end of days is when all religions including your sub human acting one are slowly done away with.

I know you will run like a scalded pig from my words because they ring true and the truth hurts.
MUQ wrote:
Any one can see the "Low IQ levels" of the comments that are being offered to my post on "Which Sword Prophet used"
People are free to suggest that which sword should be used against these people!!
I think dispatching Nobel Peace Prizes to each of them n recognition of their services to promote Brotherly Love should be in Order!!

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. If some one who is unable to even read and write and has no earthly teacher could "modify" Jewish and Christian religion and pinpoint the mistakes from which they deviated from the true path….it is really strange. And if our prophet could do it, what prevented other people in Makkah doing the same?
02. People might claim any thing they wish, there are 1.5 Billion Muslims in the world who believe in the truth and sincerity of the prophet.
So far no new major religion has come up in world in past 1400 years, let us see how many new religions come in the life left for this earth before the End of Time comes!!
He didn't need a teacher, he heard it, saw others use it and knew he too, could use it to his own ends, and then proceded to rape the reward, from people more than willing to be shammed.

And he didn't pinpoint where they made mistakes, that was his modifications being put in place. New religions are constantly coming up, but there will be less and less of them, over time. Shared knowledge will in time kill out the gods

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

MUQ wrote:
Hey Mr. Low IQ, the obvious answer: No sword, at all.
Henry

Gräfentonna, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> this is the sort of hard atheism that asks to be challenged with: if you are so sure, show us your proof. what is the evidence?
as an agnostic atheist, who does not believe in a god, but also does not claim to know, I think there is a major difference between my views and those of hard atheists - defined as those who are nonbelievers who claim to know that there is no god, and/or to have proof. My agnosticism is as much a part of my view as my atheism is, and I respect it just as much.
I am a hard atheist about only one view of god - as an allgood and allpowerful being. because of the problem of pain I do not think an allpowerful being would be all good.
I am even willing to challenge folks to take on my definition of God, and prove it does not exist. My definition is that god is everything that exists, and therefore god exists. Figure that one out. This is called pantheism. God is All that IS, thus GOD IS. I would be curious how folks would reply to that.
Very easy reply: There is no god. God was manmade. Religions are manmade. Educated men are mostly atheist. In the nuclear age religions are more dangerous than afore mentioned.
Henry

Gräfentonna, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
And mankind has been barbarous for millenia. So how is it now that capitalism is the root of the problem?
What economic system do you propose to allocate limited resources?
What system of punishment do you propose to counter violations of your proposed economic system (if it works)?
Capitalism and war are twins, that is a fact. It is a fact that nuclear war in any way is the end of humankind. The power of nature is enough (for instance Taifuns and so on) to extinguish a big portion of the population. Adionally the destroying of nature by men is not far from erasing humanity.
Henry

Gräfentonna, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Jacktheladat1 wrote:
<quoted text>Exercising FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION! And YOU?
Of course one has to fight religion in order to wake the people against the barbarous results of religions!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 7,861 - 7,880 of21,376
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••