Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments (Page 393)

Showing posts 7,841 - 7,860 of20,871
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Yes again you advocate Muslim violence. If people would not convert to Islam they were to be killed. Your barbaric sub human behaving prophet commanded death, enslavement or extortion of non believers. He did not command his people to live in peace with non believers as you have said yourself. He commanded his followers to proselytize and if that didn't work the steel sword as you called it, killing innocent children.

To this day Muslims kill non believers who will not convert. Such blood thirsty barbarians.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I said prophet had "many swords" with him, the Steel Sword was also one of them he had to use the Sword of Steel.
You people only see the Sword of steel.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Sarcastic Wanker wrote:
Wow. If Michel H Hart said it, it must be true.
Why would Michel H hart say it, unless he had no way but to say it. He fixed his own standards and the one who topped it he mentioned it and he said that he had no other choice!!

He said that only person who was immensely successful on both religious and secular front was Mohammad!! There is no other personality in human history who was that successful on both fronts.

If you have any arguments against it, bring it in open, let us see your analysis.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
Yes again you advocate Muslim violence. If people would not convert to Islam they were to be killed. Your barbaric sub human behaving prophet commanded death, enslavement or extortion of non believers. He did not command his people to live in peace with non believers as you have said yourself. He commanded his followers to proselytize and if that didn't work the steel sword as you called it, killing innocent children.
To this day Muslims kill non believers who will not convert. Such blood thirsty barbarians.
<quoted text>
From where you got this "Theory or Corollary" that if someone did not believed in Islam he or she would have to be killed.

I never saw that rule in any book of Islamic law. I know of no country in which there is any such rule.

Our prophet never told his followers to kill any one who refused to believe in Islam.

From where you are getting you info? Just "manufacturing it"?

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

When you march in with blood thirsty barbarians and tell the people of an area either submit to me which entails surrendering land, gold, children for slave or be brutally killed you can achieve great riches. Hence we see the bloody barbaric start of Islam a tradition that holds true today.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would Michel H hart say it, unless he had no way but to say it. He fixed his own standards and the one who topped it he mentioned it and he said that he had no other choice!!
He said that only person who was immensely successful on both religious and secular front was Mohammad!! There is no other personality in human history who was that successful on both fronts.
If you have any arguments against it, bring it in open, let us see your analysis.
Atheist

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
From where you got this "Theory or Corollary" that if someone did not believed in Islam he or she would have to be killed.
I never saw that rule in any book of Islamic law. I know of no country in which there is any such rule.
Our prophet never told his followers to kill any one who refused to believe in Islam.
You're a dirty liar. There are parts of your country where non muslims are forbidden by law to set foot in, and will be punished by death if they do.

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Sura 2:98
Sura 2:161
Sura 2:193 and 8:39

Hundreds more where non believers are cursed and to be killed. Why are you trying to deny it? By your own words you happily admitted the barbaric Muhammad advocated using the steel sword on non believers yet now you pretend it's not so. You even advocate for Jewish preschool children to be killed in daycare.

Indeed Muslims are the scourge of the earth.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Can you imagine being born with a religion, a set of rules, that you must follow, guidelines?
We atheist were born atheist, just like you were. All humans are born atheist. Have you been told that being an atheist, means you are some kind of monstrous god hater? If yes, then when did you quit being a monstrous god hater? How many of the gods do you still hate? All of them, most of them, just some of them?
The word atheist, means not theist. That is all actually, just not theist. That is what the "a" signify's. Put it before certain words, and the meaning changes, to "not that" thing all.
It is true that some of us, do not believe in any gods. It is also true, that many atheist have just not been indoctrinated. It's unfortunate that many of them will be. They will be taught to hate who they are, they will be taught to blame themselves, for simply living as normal human beings. If being an atheist, were not normal, there would be no Sunday schools to start the toddlers indoctrination.
If there were a god, all children, would be born believing in the same god, there would be no mistake, there would be no thousands of already forgotten gods, many of whom were long gone before man created, Jehovah, the Jewish, Christain, Muslim god.
And yes, man did create the gods, all of them. Think about what the bible says Jehovah is. It says that he was beaten by the iron chariot, it really says that. A god who made iron, is whooped by the iron chariot. Are you really thinking about that. Funny isn't it, how the only things you know about this god, comes from the bible, and the bible says many things about Jehovah, that shows him not to be a god.
Seriously, if you have not read the entire bible, I suggest you don't. Very many of the people, who read all of it, become non-believers.
It's not safe for your church, or for your witch doctors, to let you read it all.
And btw, mocking your god is what you lot do best. You have rules you don't even look at, you have a hundred ways to not look at what the bible ordets you to do as beleivers. So tell me, if you have sdtoned to death, any of your neighbords yet? I'd bet the answer is no, isn't it? Your god orders you too, and you won't. That is pure mockery.
There is not the slightest idea of a god at all. Bible is nothing than fakes. All religions are built on falshoods, nothing else.
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Alissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Please define...seeing, touching, experiencing? I wouldn't be surprised. There is a reason why the thing that we need to experience God is "FAITH." If you have it one day, then you will be able to experience, and perhaps see and touch. There are cases that God reveals Himself to those who do not seek Him, perhaps you will be one of them.... I sincerely wish you that.:)
Faith is phantasm. God is nonexistent. He (she or it) never ever was!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Nomad wrote:
The reason the numbers of non believers is growing, is the "true believers" have strayed from God's message.So instead of winning souls over for God.The "true believers" are causing people to turn away from the hate, bigotry, and negative messages coming from the pulpits.
Science is the real reason for educated ones to "strayed from god, which never ever existed at all!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
And speeding tickets aren't issued in a Monaco Grand Prix.
Whether you like it or not, war is still an agreed mass murder of citizens of the countries involved.
Does it really make a difference whether you got vaporized by an atomic bomb or got stabbed by a bayonet?
And don't give me this "civilian" crap.
If you are a farmer, banker, gas station attendant, whatever, you are doing something productive to assist your country to wage war.
And that farmer, banker, gas station attendant, etc could always be drafted into service no matter how old or young they are.
So go on and play the judge of who is a valid target in wartime. I'm eager to hear what you define as the parameters of a civilized war.
Of course, any war is barbarous. But, being so we (mankind) have to get rid of the barbarous capitalism. In the nuclear age the chances of getting loose of capitalism is almost nil. So humanity will get blank of extinction.
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> all atheists do not claim that a Creator God does not exist. many claim merely that they do not believe in them. they should know what they believe. so do not tell them they believe something different.
if you find atheists who claim they know and can prove that a Creator God does not exist, most of us would not mind if you ask them to prove it on topix. it would be interesting to see them try it.
while you are at it, just to show how giving evidence that proves something is done, why don't you prove that a Creator god does exist for us...?
God is simply rubbish no more!
Jacktheladat1

Barnsley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
It is your problem that your one track mind does not include religion...so what are you doing on this thread which is about religion?
Exercising FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION! And YOU?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. Who said that Islam was “Original” religion? I said that religion of ALL Prophets from Adam to the Last and Final prophets has been same i.e. Islam. Islam means to surrender one self to your Creator?
02. You say it is “fractured off” from Judaism, others say it is “modified form of Christianity”!!
The reality is Islam is the purified form of the old religion and Judaism and Christianity are the “corrupted form” of the religion of Moses and Jesus!!
It's a modified copy. It is no different from other religions, they all claim to be truth. They all claim their god is the right one. And they are all wrong, and yours is one of the most wrong. It is violent and evil!

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. Who said that Islam was “Original” religion? I said that religion of ALL Prophets from Adam to the Last and Final prophets has been same i.e. Islam. Islam means to surrender one self to your Creator?
02. You say it is “fractured off” from Judaism, others say it is “modified form of Christianity”!!
The reality is Islam is the purified form of the old religion and Judaism and Christianity are the “corrupted form” of the religion of Moses and Jesus!!
LOL! Purified? As in clean? Ha, ha, ha, ha! As clean as shit! It is a modified copy. It is faux elitist bullshit. It is no different from other religions, they all claim to be truth. They all claim their god is the right one. And they are all wrong, and yours is one of the most wrong. It is violent and evil!
Brit Expat

Montpellier, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Question!

How dose an Atheist distinguish the difference between a Christian/Muslim/Jew....ect. thousands of religions/Sects?

Answer!

He dos'nt and considers ALL are truely evil! But that is the lot of the easily manipulated human ape.

For entertainment. http://www.youtube.com/watch ...

Have a nice day.

The Atheist aged 81.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-1A

Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his “opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him” at “the drop of hat” and all his adversaries would be “terrified” at the mere sight of him.

The picture is far from true, let us look at some incidents from the life of prophet, as what was “this sword which killed the enmity for ever”

The Case of : MUGHAIRAH (ABU SUFIYAN) BIN HARITH BIN A’ MUTTALIB

A: Background:

He was the real first cousin of our prophet, and the one which was sucked by the same woman (Halima Saa’dia). He was of the same age as our prophet and was very close to our prophet before he proclaimed his mission.

He was very good looking and was very much similar to the prophet in built and appearance. He was a good warrior as well as a very good orator and e very accomplished poet.

Due to this close family ties and their childhood friendship, prophet expected that he would be amongst the first to believe in his message, but he was shocked to see that this Mughirah, not only rejected his mission but became his bitterest enemy.

He would not leave any opportunity to ridicule and make fun of Islam and Muslim and even the personality of our prophet. He would use his poetic skills against prophet and write couplets ridiculing message of prophet.

On one occasion, he even tried to spat on the face of prophet and said “ I would not believe in you, untill you bring down Gabriel from heaven and four other angels, and they testify that you are prophet of God….even then I doubt that I will believe in you”!!

The prophet was very saddened by seeing his cousin and long time friend speaking like this, but he bore the insult with grace and did not reply back.

B: The Tide turns:

After spending 13 years at Makkah, prophet had to flee to Medina and series of battles took place between him and Makkan. This Abu Sufiyan was always present in the rank of armies and would fight for their cause.

However after 8 years of warfare, it was evident that Makkan were no match for the skills and force of our prophet and fall of Makkah was eminent. The news came to Mughairah that prophet is going to attack Makkah soon with a big army.

He knew what would happen to him, if he came in the hands of prophet, he said to his wife “That let us fled Makkah before Prophet’s armies capture Makkah, because they will not leave me alive”

His wife told him “Woe to you, don’t you see how every one is accepting his faith, you should have done this long ago, it is best if you go and seek his pardon”

So he took his young son with him and went to Medina….when prophet saw him, he turned his face away, he came from that direction and faced prophet, prophet again turned his face from his direction..

He asked Um Salima , wife of prophet , to ask pardon from his prophet on his behalf, she agreed and said to prophet “O prophet of Allah, wont you forgive son of your uncle?”

“And what sort of a son of uncle has he been so far” said the prophet “How much have I suffered at his hands?”

Dejected, Mughirah declared that he will go into desert, with his son and they would both die in the desert with thirst and hunger……when prophet heard this resolve, he had mercy on him and ask him to turn back.

Thereupon he declared his faith and became a true disciple of prophet.

( Contd.)
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

C: As a Muslim:

He was very conscious of his past behaviour to prophet and he never ever even eyed the prophet with full looks always lowering his gaze when he came in presence of prophet.

He tried to compensate for his earlier behaviour, by engaging in long prayers during days and nights, till prophet was convinced of his sincerity and praised him before people.

He used his poetic skills to write couplet in praise of prophet now.

In the battle of Hunain which came just after conquest of Makkah, when the fighting became very severe and many Muslims fled, he was the one along with Abbas who were holding the mount of prophet.

Such was the Sword of Prophet which Killed Mughirah for ever and ever!

Source: Companions of Prophet: by Talib Hashmi
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

RP wrote:

It's a modified copy. It is no different from other religions, they all claim to be truth. They all claim their god is the right one. And they are all wrong, and yours is one of the most wrong. It is violent and evil!

LOL! Purified? As in clean? Ha, ha, ha, ha! As clean as shit! It is a modified copy. It is faux elitist bullshit. It is no different from other religions, they all claim to be truth. They all claim their god is the right one. And they are all wrong, and yours is one of the most wrong. It is violent and evil!
Ans.

1. How could our prophet “modify” Judaism and Christianity when he did not know how to read and how to write and he did not have any known teacher?

You cannot take any one’s claim on face value. There is no separate God in Judaism and in Christianity and in Islam. They all worship the same God, the Creator of this Universe.

You are just making claims without giving any proof that why they are all wrong?

May be it is you who is wrong? And what name you have chosen for yourself and what you write they are exactly opposite of each others!!

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

I notice Muq ran like a scalded dog from my Quran passages.

I hear some hospitals want to use the prophet Muhammad as a role model for epileptic children showing how just because they have seizures and sheeyit themselves they to could one day be a prophet just as Muhammad was said to be. Muhammad we know ha seizures and was an epileptic.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>It's a modified copy. It is no different from other religions, they all claim to be truth. They all claim their god is the right one. And they are all wrong, and yours is one of the most wrong. It is violent and evil!
Ayup.

Built on a pedophile's violent phantasies.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 7,841 - 7,860 of20,871
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••