Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24182 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#8349 Oct 9, 2012
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-1A

Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his “opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him” at “the drop of hat” and all his adversaries would be “terrified” at the mere sight of him.

The picture is far from true, let us look at some incidents from the life of prophet, as what was “this sword which killed the enmity for ever”

The Case of : MUGHAIRAH (ABU SUFIYAN) BIN HARITH BIN A’ MUTTALIB

A: Background:

He was the real first cousin of our prophet, and the one which was sucked by the same woman (Halima Saa’dia). He was of the same age as our prophet and was very close to our prophet before he proclaimed his mission.

He was very good looking and was very much similar to the prophet in built and appearance. He was a good warrior as well as a very good orator and e very accomplished poet.

Due to this close family ties and their childhood friendship, prophet expected that he would be amongst the first to believe in his message, but he was shocked to see that this Mughirah, not only rejected his mission but became his bitterest enemy.

He would not leave any opportunity to ridicule and make fun of Islam and Muslim and even the personality of our prophet. He would use his poetic skills against prophet and write couplets ridiculing message of prophet.

On one occasion, he even tried to spat on the face of prophet and said “ I would not believe in you, untill you bring down Gabriel from heaven and four other angels, and they testify that you are prophet of God….even then I doubt that I will believe in you”!!

The prophet was very saddened by seeing his cousin and long time friend speaking like this, but he bore the insult with grace and did not reply back.

B: The Tide turns:

After spending 13 years at Makkah, prophet had to flee to Medina and series of battles took place between him and Makkan. This Abu Sufiyan was always present in the rank of armies and would fight for their cause.

However after 8 years of warfare, it was evident that Makkan were no match for the skills and force of our prophet and fall of Makkah was eminent. The news came to Mughairah that prophet is going to attack Makkah soon with a big army.

He knew what would happen to him, if he came in the hands of prophet, he said to his wife “That let us fled Makkah before Prophet’s armies capture Makkah, because they will not leave me alive”

His wife told him “Woe to you, don’t you see how every one is accepting his faith, you should have done this long ago, it is best if you go and seek his pardon”

So he took his young son with him and went to Medina….when prophet saw him, he turned his face away, he came from that direction and faced prophet, prophet again turned his face from his direction..

He asked Um Salima , wife of prophet , to ask pardon from his prophet on his behalf, she agreed and said to prophet “O prophet of Allah, wont you forgive son of your uncle?”

“And what sort of a son of uncle has he been so far” said the prophet “How much have I suffered at his hands?”

Dejected, Mughirah declared that he will go into desert, with his son and they would both die in the desert with thirst and hunger……when prophet heard this resolve, he had mercy on him and ask him to turn back.

Thereupon he declared his faith and became a true disciple of prophet.

( Contd.)
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#8350 Oct 9, 2012
C: As a Muslim:

He was very conscious of his past behaviour to prophet and he never ever even eyed the prophet with full looks always lowering his gaze when he came in presence of prophet.

He tried to compensate for his earlier behaviour, by engaging in long prayers during days and nights, till prophet was convinced of his sincerity and praised him before people.

He used his poetic skills to write couplet in praise of prophet now.

In the battle of Hunain which came just after conquest of Makkah, when the fighting became very severe and many Muslims fled, he was the one along with Abbas who were holding the mount of prophet.

Such was the Sword of Prophet which Killed Mughirah for ever and ever!

Source: Companions of Prophet: by Talib Hashmi
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#8351 Oct 9, 2012
RP wrote:

It's a modified copy. It is no different from other religions, they all claim to be truth. They all claim their god is the right one. And they are all wrong, and yours is one of the most wrong. It is violent and evil!

LOL! Purified? As in clean? Ha, ha, ha, ha! As clean as shit! It is a modified copy. It is faux elitist bullshit. It is no different from other religions, they all claim to be truth. They all claim their god is the right one. And they are all wrong, and yours is one of the most wrong. It is violent and evil!
Ans.

1. How could our prophet “modify” Judaism and Christianity when he did not know how to read and how to write and he did not have any known teacher?

You cannot take any one’s claim on face value. There is no separate God in Judaism and in Christianity and in Islam. They all worship the same God, the Creator of this Universe.

You are just making claims without giving any proof that why they are all wrong?

May be it is you who is wrong? And what name you have chosen for yourself and what you write they are exactly opposite of each others!!

Since: Mar 11

Latonia, KY

#8352 Oct 9, 2012
I notice Muq ran like a scalded dog from my Quran passages.

I hear some hospitals want to use the prophet Muhammad as a role model for epileptic children showing how just because they have seizures and sheeyit themselves they to could one day be a prophet just as Muhammad was said to be. Muhammad we know ha seizures and was an epileptic.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#8353 Oct 10, 2012
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>It's a modified copy. It is no different from other religions, they all claim to be truth. They all claim their god is the right one. And they are all wrong, and yours is one of the most wrong. It is violent and evil!
Ayup.

Built on a pedophile's violent phantasies.

Location hidden

#8354 Oct 10, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
I notice Muq ran like a scalded dog from my Quran passages.
I hear some hospitals want to use the prophet Muhammad as a role model for epileptic children showing how just because they have seizures and sheeyit themselves they to could one day be a prophet just as Muhammad was said to be. Muhammad we know ha seizures and was an epileptic.
Well, he seems to have happily seized little girls.

Latonia, KY

#8355 Oct 10, 2012
Certainly the prophet Muhammad liked raping children. Probably why so many in Islam adore him.
Saint Augustine wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, he seems to have happily seized little girls.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#8356 Oct 10, 2012
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, any war is barbarous. But, being so we (mankind) have to get rid of the barbarous capitalism. In the nuclear age the chances of getting loose of capitalism is almost nil. So humanity will get blank of extinction.
And mankind has been barbarous for millenia. So how is it now that capitalism is the root of the problem?

What economic system do you propose to allocate limited resources?

What system of punishment do you propose to counter violations of your proposed economic system (if it works)?

Location hidden

#8357 Oct 10, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Certainly the prophet Muhammad liked raping children. Probably why so many in Islam adore him.
<quoted text>
Yup.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#8358 Oct 10, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
1. How could our prophet “modify” Judaism and Christianity when he did not know how to read and how to write and he did not have any known teacher?
You cannot take any one’s claim on face value. There is no separate God in Judaism and in Christianity and in Islam. They all worship the same God, the Creator of this Universe.
You are just making claims without giving any proof that why they are all wrong?
May be it is you who is wrong? And what name you have chosen for yourself and what you write they are exactly opposite of each others!!
Reading and writing were not required to modify Judaism to suit his own whims.
It is all "do overs", each sucessive group changed that which was there, to what they chose it to be. That still has not changed, there are still those who would claim Islam the vengeful and violent, as a religion of peace. Which it may be, but only if you are willing to capitulate to anothers will. In other words, bend over, and take it!

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#8359 Oct 10, 2012
Saint Augustine wrote:
<quoted text>
Ayup.
Built on a pedophile's violent phantasies.
That any adult could sanction using children for sex, is insane. We are meant to by our own nature, to protect the little ones of our tribes.

It is scary that so many humans, are so willing to be led to that which is so far from humane. I think that we are the only species that see ourselves as lower, than what we are. Imagine convincing a rabbit, that it is not fit to be a rabbit, or a rooster to be ashamed of being a rooster. Theism teaches humans that they are not fit to be human. That by giving up the very real pleasures of just being human, they will be rewarded.

We are human, and none of us will ever have anything better than that. We will not by giving up our humanity now, become something better than human, after our deaths

Location hidden

#8360 Oct 10, 2012
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>That any adult could sanction using children for sex, is insane. We are meant to by our own nature, to protect the little ones of our tribes.
It is scary that so many humans, are so willing to be led to that which is so far from humane. I think that we are the only species that see ourselves as lower, than what we are. Imagine convincing a rabbit, that it is not fit to be a rabbit, or a rooster to be ashamed of being a rooster. Theism teaches humans that they are not fit to be human. That by giving up the very real pleasures of just being human, they will be rewarded.
We are human, and none of us will ever have anything better than that. We will not by giving up our humanity now, become something better than human, after our deaths
I'm with you.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#8361 Oct 10, 2012
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-2

Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his “opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him” at “the drop of hat” and all his adversaries would be “terrified” at the mere sight of him.

The picture is far from true, let us look at some incidents from the life of prophet, as what was “this sword which killed the enmity for ever”

The Case of : IKRIMAH BIN ABU JAHL BIN HISHAM OF MAKHZOOM TRIBE

A. Early History:

Ikrimah was the son of Most Hateful of all enemies of Makkan enemies of our prophet. His father was Famous Abu Jahl, who was avowed enemy of prophet. Both father and son were hardcore enemies of prophet during his stay in Makkah.

His father used to physically torture early Muslims and he even killed the first two earliest Muslims slaves in Makkah.

Ikrimah , was young, warrior and an accomplished youth of Makkah. But he inherited the enmity of prophet from his father.

When his famed father was killed in the famous Battle of Badr, his hatred for Islam and Prophet only went on high gear.

B. After death of His father:

In the battle of Ohud, he took part in the battle and was incharge of the one flank of front cavalry section of Makkan army. When the tide of battle turned against Muslims, he and Khalid were the reason for that turn.

He took part in the Battle of Trenches that took place in 5AH, and he was at the rear of Makkan retreating army, to protect it from being attacked.

When prophet conquered Makkah in 8 AH, Ikrimah was the one, who attacked one of Muslim army’s division, he fled after loss of 7 or so dead.

C. How did prophet “slay” him:

Due to his crimes against Muslim, Prophet did not name Ikrimah in the general amnesty which he extended to most of Makkah people.

Ikrimah fled Makkah, fearing for his life and boarded a ship to take him to Abyssinia. While he was in ship, a storm engulfed the ship….Ikriamah beseeched his idols , Lat and Uzzah for deliverance….his companions of ship told him “In these situations, Lat and Uzzah are of no help…..you should call on Allah only, He alone can give you deliverance”!!

Ikrimah was shocked to hear this, He said “that is what the Prophet is preaching, how fool I was all these days, if I am safe from this storm, I will go and accept his faith”

Meanwhile his wife approached prophet and said “My husband has fled Makkah in fear of his life, will you grant him pardon also, prophet agreed to her request and asked her to bring him back, he gave her, his turban as a sign for pardon.

His wife found her returning husband, and they came to prophet, on seeing Ikrimah, prophet rose from his seat and embraced him, Ikrimah accepted Islam and became a true Muslim.

(Contd.)

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#8362 Oct 10, 2012
D. His life after Islam:

In order to save him embarrassment, prophet told his companions, that no one should criticize his father, when he is around.

He was a warrior and very good soldier with leadership skills. Prophet used him on many missions and after his death, Abu Bakr, the first Caliph used him in all major battles to curb internal strife in Arabia, after death of prophet.

He took part in the famous Battle of Yamamah against false prophet Muslaimah. He also took part in Iraqi campaigns.

During the reign of Second Caliph Omar, he was part of Muslim army in the famous battle of Yarmouk. He was leading one faction of army along with Khalid bin Waleed.

The Muslim army was outnumbered atleast one to five in that battle and fighting continued for three days and more.

When Muslim armies were feeling too much pressure, Ikrimah stood up and said “I have faought many battles against the prophet and never turned my back, how can I turned my back against these unbelievers? Who will take a pledge of Death with me?”

Four hundred of his fellows took the pledge and they attacked enemies and turned the tide against them, they all died in the battle field one after other, including Ikrimah!!

Dying Ikrimah was brought to the commander Khalid bin Waleed, who gave him water and took his head on his lap and said “you fulfilled the pledge which you took to the prophet”.

Such was Ikrimah, whom prophet “Killed using his Sword of Pardon and Mercy and forgetting his past”!!

Location hidden

#8363 Oct 10, 2012
MUQ wrote:
D. His life after Islam:
In order to save him embarrassment, prophet told his companions, that no one should criticize his father, when he is around.
He was a warrior and very good soldier with leadership skills. Prophet used him on many missions and after his death, Abu Bakr, the first Caliph used him in all major battles to curb internal strife in Arabia, after death of prophet.
He took part in the famous Battle of Yamamah against false prophet Muslaimah. He also took part in Iraqi campaigns.
During the reign of Second Caliph Omar, he was part of Muslim army in the famous battle of Yarmouk. He was leading one faction of army along with Khalid bin Waleed.
The Muslim army was outnumbered atleast one to five in that battle and fighting continued for three days and more.
When Muslim armies were feeling too much pressure, Ikrimah stood up and said “I have faought many battles against the prophet and never turned my back, how can I turned my back against these unbelievers? Who will take a pledge of Death with me?”
Four hundred of his fellows took the pledge and they attacked enemies and turned the tide against them, they all died in the battle field one after other, including Ikrimah!!
Dying Ikrimah was brought to the commander Khalid bin Waleed, who gave him water and took his head on his lap and said “you fulfilled the pledge which you took to the prophet”.
Such was Ikrimah, whom prophet “Killed using his Sword of Pardon and Mercy and forgetting his past”!!
Was that before or after he was a pedophile?

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#8364 Oct 10, 2012
MUQ wrote:
D. His life after Islam:
Did Ikrimah use the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch to blow thine enemies to tiny bits in Thy mercy?

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#8365 Oct 10, 2012
I am sure the prophet Muhammad was raping children far before he went into a cave, had a seizure and thought Allah the moon god spoke to him.
Saint Augustine wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that before or after he was a pedophile?
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#8366 Oct 12, 2012
RP wrote:
01. Reading and writing were not required to modify Judaism to suit his own whims. It is all "do overs", each successive group changed that which was there, to what they chose it to be.

02. That still has not changed, there are still those who would claim Islam the vengeful and violent, as a religion of peace. Which it may be, but only if you are willing to capitulate to anothers will. In other words, bend over, and take it!
Ans.

01. If some one who is unable to even read and write and has no earthly teacher could "modify" Jewish and Christian religion and pinpoint the mistakes from which they deviated from the true path….it is really strange. And if our prophet could do it, what prevented other people in Makkah doing the same?

02. People might claim any thing they wish, there are 1.5 Billion Muslims in the world who believe in the truth and sincerity of the prophet.

So far no new major religion has come up in world in past 1400 years, let us see how many new religions come in the life left for this earth before the End of Time comes!!
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#8367 Oct 12, 2012
Any one can see the "Low IQ levels" of the comments that are being offered to my post on "Which Sword Prophet used"

People are free to suggest that which sword should be used against these people!!

I think dispatching Nobel Peace Prizes to each of them n recognition of their services to promote Brotherly Love should be in Order!!

Portage, MI

#8368 Oct 12, 2012
Muq why are so many passages in the Quran stolen from the Torah and the Gospels of the NT?

You yourself have already admitted that Muhammad beat his wife, taught Muslim men how to beat their wives to keep them in line, and killed innocent people by the sword for not converting to Islam.

The only end of days is when all religions including your sub human acting one are slowly done away with.

I know you will run like a scalded pig from my words because they ring true and the truth hurts.
MUQ wrote:
Any one can see the "Low IQ levels" of the comments that are being offered to my post on "Which Sword Prophet used"
People are free to suggest that which sword should be used against these people!!
I think dispatching Nobel Peace Prizes to each of them n recognition of their services to promote Brotherly Love should be in Order!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr SoE 45,560
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Big girl 20,310
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) 1 hr Big girl 554
News A Strong Muslim Identity Is the Best Defense Ag... 2 hr naman 16
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 257,138
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 2 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 10,360
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 2 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 353
More from around the web