Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments
7,821 - 7,840 of 21,446 Comments Last updated Sunday Aug 17

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Well you can have your opinion and I do not want to comment on it.
Which is the theory in the world where the whole world is unanimous?
Do we not have hundreds of models of “democracy” in the world? US system is different from British? Can we say that both of them are Idiotic?
Followers of religions have made changes and modified them to make so many religions from that single God given religion.
It's not my opinion, it's world history. Why would you think that a new religion like Islam could be an original. Actually it is just another fractured off bit of Judaism. How hard is it, to hide from reality?
Namu Myoho Renge Kyo

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

See what well know atheist Sam Harris has to say about Buddhism.
http://www.nichirenbuddhist.org/
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
There are people with only one track mind.... they would always insist that what they say and believe in only the truth.
There is no cure for such people....
They will not post arguments for their decision, but post their opinions as final and just!!
None whatsoever
So true. And you are the epitome of such a person.

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Judged:

This is all that needs to be read. The rest is pointless projection. It wasn't a sword of charity that sends suicide bombers into Jewish day cares.
MUQ wrote:
After saying all this, I conceded that prophet did have “Many Swords” which he used to “Slay his enemies” and “Make them his slaves for ever”!!.
Jacktheladat1

Sheffield, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
There are people with only one track mind.... they would always insist that what they say and believe in only the truth.
They will not post arguments for their decision, but post their opinions as final and just!!
None whatsoever
Some would say that I have a one track mind, but it IS NOT bl@@dy religion - no way.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>So true. And you are the epitome of such a person.
Thank you for looking into the mirror and posting what you saw.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
This is all that needs to be read. The rest is pointless projection. It wasn't a sword of charity that sends suicide bombers into Jewish day cares.
<quoted text>
I am discussing about our Prophet and Sword....so stick to the topic.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Jacktheladat1 wrote:
<quoted text>Some would say that I have a one track mind, but it IS NOT bl@@dy religion - no way.
It is your problem that your one track mind does not include religion...so what are you doing on this thread which is about religion?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Judged:

Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-1

Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his “opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him” at “the drop of hat” and all his adversaries would be “terrified” at the mere sight of him.

The picture is far from true, let us look at some incidents from the life of prophet, as what was “this sword which killed the enmity for ever”

The Case of : OMAR BIN KHATTAB BIN NOUFEL, the 2nd Caliph of Islam.

A. Early History:

Omar, the famed second Caliph of Islam was from the ADI clan of Makkah, he was a known warrior of Makkah, very brave, very outspoken, a man of infinite resolute and firmness.

His family was responsible for solving “Inter clan” disputes in conflicts, so he had much interaction with people of different tribes of Arabia, before prophet declared his mission.

His Uncle Zaid Bin Noufel, was one of the group, which is called “Haneef”, i.e. ones who had stopped worship of idols and kept them aloof from religious life of Makkan people. Both Omar and his father Khattab were unhappy with Zaid and used to ridicule him openly.

When prophet declared his mission, Omar became one of his staunchest enemies. He used to torture those who had become Muslims.

He was in that state for first 8 years of Prophet’s mission in Makkah and he witnessed as a non believer, muslims migration to Abyssinia…..the scene touched his heart….so many people leaving their homeland for the sake of their faith….there must be some thing in it, he thought.

B. How did prophet “slay” him:

One night prophet prayed to Allah,“I beseech you to strengthen Islam with either Omar or ‘Amr (Abu Jahl)…”.

Not long after that, Omar came out of his house with unsheathed sword in his hand and moving in the direction of house where Prophet used to teach his followers.

“Where are you going, Omar” some one asked him

“I am going to Kill Mohammad and end this trouble once for all” said Omar.

“First you should take care of your own house, before going to kill Mohammad, do you know , your sister and her husband have both become Muslims” he said to Omar.

Omar was stunned with this news, he immediately changed his route and went to his sister’s house. He listened Quran being recited from inside, he knocked the door with force and when his brother in law opened it, he started beating him…..when his sister tried to save her husband, Omar slapped her with force, and her nose started bleeding.

His sister said Loudly “Yes Omar, we have become Muslims, do what you can!!”.

Omar felt ashamed by seeing blood running on face of her sister, his anger was gone and he asked “show me what you were reading”…..He was shown one chapter of Quran and when he read, his doubts vanished.

He went straight to prophet and became Muslim, his conversion pleased prophet and Muslims very much, because they have won to their side, one strong pillar of strength.

C. His Life with Prophet:

Omar soon became a trusted companion of prophet and he was with prophet for remaining period of his Makkan and Medina period.

He was with prophet in all battles and was consulted by prophet in every major issue. His stature amongst all companions of prophet was next only to Abu Bakr, the first Caliph.

Prophet trusted him intimately and sent him on many missions, his knowledge about Islam and its legal and ritual system increased with each passing day.

Prophet was extremely happy with him and on more than one occasion predicted that he will enter paradise.

(Contd.)
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Judged:

D. With First Caliph:

When prophet dies in year 11 AH, Omar was instrumental in installing Abu Bakr as First Caliph and saw to it that no dispute took place amongst Muslims.

He was most trusted companion of Abu Bakr in the difficult period of Muslim nation after the death of Prophet. With infinite resolution of Abu Bakr and strong support by Omar and other Companions , internal strife was soon overcome.

Abu Bake then decided to take head on “The two super powers of that age” Iran and Byzantine both at the same time. He dispatched armies to both directions.

During his short life time of two years, most of Iraq was freed from Iran and some portion of Syria was taken from Roman empire…..but the battles were far from over.

E. As second Caliph:

On his death bed, Abu Bakr Nominated Omar to be his heir…..when he became Caliph ….he started the mission which Abu Bake had started.

During his reign of 12 years, Iran was crushed as a Superpower….whole of Syria, Lebanon, Palestine, Jordan, and Egypt were added to Islamic nation. Omar personally took the keys of City of Jerusalem from Christians.

In very short period of ten years, Omar became the ruler of Biggest Land Nation…..the size of country does not matter much, it was his justice , fair play and impartiality that places him amongst the most able rulers of the world.

His life history as ruler of Muslim state, is exemplary and guide lamp for Muslims of all ages.

He was martyred after 12 years of leading Muslim nation as Caliph and was buried along side Prophet and Abu Bakr….the “Best Honor” that he wished in this life!!

Such is the wonderful story of Omar, who was “slain” by the “Prayer of prophet”!!

Source: Companions of Prophet: by Talib Hashmi

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Judged:

Muq you openly support Muslim violence towards non believers so don't in the next breath try to claim the sword means being peaceful. Your apologetic nonsense is useless. The prophet said to kill non believers or enslave them or force them to pay you money.

The Prophet is a blood thirsty monster which is why even today Muslims slay harmless children sitting in a daycare because they are not Muslims. Or not their brand of Muslims! Yes Muslims are so sub human behaving they slaughter their own people for not being their personal type of Muslim.

You know this to be true.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am discussing about our Prophet and Sword....so stick to the topic.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

RP wrote:
01. It's not my opinion, it's world history. Why would you think that a new religion like Islam could be an original.

02. Actually it is just another fractured off bit of Judaism. How hard is it, to hide from reality?
Ans.

01. Who said that Islam was “Original” religion? I said that religion of ALL Prophets from Adam to the Last and Final prophets has been same i.e. Islam. Islam means to surrender one self to your Creator?

02. You say it is “fractured off” from Judaism, others say it is “modified form of Christianity”!!

The reality is Islam is the purified form of the old religion and Judaism and Christianity are the “corrupted form” of the religion of Moses and Jesus!!
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Muq you openly support Muslim violence towards non believers so don't in the next breath try to claim the sword means being peaceful. Your apologetic nonsense is useless. The prophet said to kill non believers or enslave them or force them to pay you money.
The Prophet is a blood thirsty monster which is why even today Muslims slay harmless children sitting in a daycare because they are not Muslims. Or not their brand of Muslims! Yes Muslims are so sub human behaving they slaughter their own people for not being their personal type of Muslim.
You know this to be true.
<quoted text>
I said prophet had "many swords" with him, the Steel Sword was also one of them.

He used every other swords and if there was no other alternative, he had to use the Sword of Steel.

You people only see the Sword of Steel and forget all other swords which he had and used.

There are people in the world, who would only be corrected by the Sword of Steel and our prophet used that on them.

But "most people" were slain by the "other swords" that he had.

Just have patience and read the true records of some of the bitterest enemies of prophet, how they were captured and killed by "Non Steel Sword" of the prophet.

When you discuss about the life of our prophet, you should have full picture and not a very narrow and distorted picture.

It was not on hot air that Encyclopedia Britannica called our prophet as "Most successful of all religious personalities" and Michel H Hart ranked as # 1 in the "most influential human in history of mankind".

No one wielding only the Sword of Steel could reach to such heights!!
Sarcastic Wanker

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Wow. If Michel H Hart said it, it must be true.
Sarcastic Wanker

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. Who said that Islam was “Original” religion? I said that religion of ALL Prophets from Adam to the Last and Final prophets has been same i.e. Islam. Islam means to surrender one self to your Creator?
02. You say it is “fractured off” from Judaism, others say it is “modified form of Christianity”!!
The reality is Islam is the purified form of the old religion and Judaism and Christianity are the “corrupted form” of the religion of Moses and Jesus!!
Yes, Islamic countries are beacons of peace and tolerance, where laughing children play in flowery meadows under rainbow skies, and there are rivers made of chocolate.

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Yes again you advocate Muslim violence. If people would not convert to Islam they were to be killed. Your barbaric sub human behaving prophet commanded death, enslavement or extortion of non believers. He did not command his people to live in peace with non believers as you have said yourself. He commanded his followers to proselytize and if that didn't work the steel sword as you called it, killing innocent children.

To this day Muslims kill non believers who will not convert. Such blood thirsty barbarians.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I said prophet had "many swords" with him, the Steel Sword was also one of them he had to use the Sword of Steel.
You people only see the Sword of steel.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Sarcastic Wanker wrote:
Wow. If Michel H Hart said it, it must be true.
Why would Michel H hart say it, unless he had no way but to say it. He fixed his own standards and the one who topped it he mentioned it and he said that he had no other choice!!

He said that only person who was immensely successful on both religious and secular front was Mohammad!! There is no other personality in human history who was that successful on both fronts.

If you have any arguments against it, bring it in open, let us see your analysis.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
Yes again you advocate Muslim violence. If people would not convert to Islam they were to be killed. Your barbaric sub human behaving prophet commanded death, enslavement or extortion of non believers. He did not command his people to live in peace with non believers as you have said yourself. He commanded his followers to proselytize and if that didn't work the steel sword as you called it, killing innocent children.
To this day Muslims kill non believers who will not convert. Such blood thirsty barbarians.
<quoted text>
From where you got this "Theory or Corollary" that if someone did not believed in Islam he or she would have to be killed.

I never saw that rule in any book of Islamic law. I know of no country in which there is any such rule.

Our prophet never told his followers to kill any one who refused to believe in Islam.

From where you are getting you info? Just "manufacturing it"?

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

When you march in with blood thirsty barbarians and tell the people of an area either submit to me which entails surrendering land, gold, children for slave or be brutally killed you can achieve great riches. Hence we see the bloody barbaric start of Islam a tradition that holds true today.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would Michel H hart say it, unless he had no way but to say it. He fixed his own standards and the one who topped it he mentioned it and he said that he had no other choice!!
He said that only person who was immensely successful on both religious and secular front was Mohammad!! There is no other personality in human history who was that successful on both fronts.
If you have any arguments against it, bring it in open, let us see your analysis.
Atheist

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
From where you got this "Theory or Corollary" that if someone did not believed in Islam he or she would have to be killed.
I never saw that rule in any book of Islamic law. I know of no country in which there is any such rule.
Our prophet never told his followers to kill any one who refused to believe in Islam.
From where you are getting you info? Just "manufacturing it"?
You're a dirty liar. There are parts of your country where non muslims are forbidden by law to set foot in, and will be punished by death if they do.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••