Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 23,169

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story
Henry

Germany

#8278 Oct 6, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> sensible. but do you believe in something else equally silly?
Science is not silly at all!
Henry

Germany

#8279 Oct 6, 2012
Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the worship of an evil being that grants your place in paradise.
You must do the opposite of the god you worship so that you can have eternal life.
Eternal lifeis a fairy tale, nothing else!
Henry

Germany

#8280 Oct 6, 2012
Christian Witness wrote:
God's word the Bible, in the book of Revelation, shows us that Jehovah God condemns religions that do not teach the truth of God's word.
That would be any religion that does not teach there is only one God, Almighty God Jehovah. These religions would also teach doctrines that are from mans understanding of Scripture. That would include all Christian religions that teach the Trinity, hellfire punishment, immortal soul, apostalic succession, Rapture and salvation by faith alone.
The Bible says all religions of this world will be destroyed before Armageddon, we do not know exactly when that will happen, but the United Nations will accomplish that prophecy of Jehovah God, through Jesus Christ.
(Revelation 17:17, 18). . .For God put [it] into their hearts to carry out his thought, even to carry out [their] one thought by giving their kingdom to the wild beast, until the words of God will have been accomplished.
The Bible is full of fakes
Henry

Germany

#8281 Oct 6, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Blow me.
There was never ever agod!
Henry

Germany

#8282 Oct 6, 2012
e46M3 e60M5 wrote:
We all have to live for something, all of us seek peace and joy... Whether you call it religion or something else is not as important :)
Science is the most reliable course in our life!
Henry

Germany

#8283 Oct 6, 2012
smith100 wrote:
to "lol"--Yes i was poor, did not realize at the time, because most people around us were in same shape.
we never went hungry. it did not slow my education. twelve straight years in a small country school, that was and is still considered one of best schools around. very low budget. I also managed to get a college education and many short techinal schools along the way. Being poor does not make you dumb, as some people believe. I thank God for a Father and MOther that helped me as much as they could and i did the rest. I am far from being rich, but at my age , i feel as if i am in fairly good financial shape and stil own the farm that i grew up on. Have a good day.
Sorry, there was never ever a god at all!
Henry

Germany

#8284 Oct 6, 2012
The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure I do. It's called reality, and a complete lack of evidence, and an error filled book that is supposed to be the word of this perfect god.
Of course the Bible is full of fakes!
Henry

Germany

#8285 Oct 6, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I did not say all submissive people are religious either. You are reading more into what I typed. I said that religion attracts that type, there are several differing submissive personalities even, which I had not mentioned.
Perhaps you should stop being defensive. A psychologically dominant personality archetype is impossible to brainwash, that is part of my personality and why the brainwashing of the Mormon church failed to ensnare me. However I am also a socially submissive personality type, meaning in real life social situations I do not speak up much. There are no solid dominant or submissive people, we are all a grand mix of things, and it's that very mix that religion is against, thus the conformity element I mentioned being one of those attracted to religion. Nonconformists, like me, are abhorred with religion, but conformist archetypes are comfortable with it, even if they do not believe in it.
I find you are very brave individual. My respect for you!
Henry

Germany

#8286 Oct 6, 2012
<quoted text>
If it is all about faith, than you would agree that that faith has no place in the public schools or the goverment, correct?
I fully agree! I am an atheist!
Henry

Germany

#8287 Oct 6, 2012
<quoted text>
If it is all about faith, than you would agree that that faith has no place in the public schools or the goverment, correct?
This is in my opinion totally correct!
Henry

Germany

#8288 Oct 6, 2012
<quoted text>
But when you speak of god, you're speaking about BLIND faith. Faith based on logic, and prior experience is not the same thing.
Your blind faith in an imaginary god belongs at home or at church. Period. Keep it out of the goverment, and the public schools.
Totally correct!
Henry

Germany

#8289 Oct 6, 2012
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>The first god and the first bridge have several things in common. The same creatures who created the bridges also created the gods. Both were created for the use of man, and both created by man.
My apologies to the Queen, I'll now step back, M' lady.
There is and was never ever a god!
Henry

Germany

#8290 Oct 6, 2012
<quoted text>
But when you speak of god, you're speaking about BLIND faith. Faith based on logic, and prior experience is not the same thing.
Your blind faith in an imaginary god belongs at home or at church. Period. Keep it out of the goverment, and the public schools.
You are soo right!
Henry

Germany

#8291 Oct 6, 2012
NEW wrote:
I am 52 years old. When I was a senior in high school the town I still live in and surrounding county had 28 churches. Today in same area there is 15. In another 30 years i bet that will be hlaf that many. Religion is dying and it is a good thing.
I hope you are right, but there are wars (in capitalism) and the nuclear infernos for certain.
Henry

Bad Frankenhausen, Germany

#8292 Oct 6, 2012
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
God can decided to enforce judgement whenever He wants. As recorded in the Bible. He gives people a chance to change first. When the fullness has taken its course, He acts, according to the Bible.
The Bible is of course no "divine" book at all. It is faked in the interest up to present. There was never any god!
Henry

#8293 Oct 6, 2012
Don5163 wrote:
<quoted text>How many times does this inconsistency need to be re-hashed?
Kittenkoder has of course right!
Henry

#8294 Oct 6, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Your god ordered us to go into Iraq and slaughter people, destroy their infrastructure, and destabilize that country.
God is not existing!

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#8295 Oct 6, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. Such are "idealistic definition" that have nothing to do with real concept of Christianity. In practical terms a Christian is a person, who believes in Trinity, and that Jesus died for his sins, and does not consider any possibility that a Prophet of God can come after Jesus. So he has made his mind shut.
02. It is con correct to say that every one follows the religion of his parents.
If that was the case, their would not be a Single Christian in the world!!
Did not the disciples of Jesus and earliest Christians left the religion of their parents and accepted new religion?
People have been continuously changing their religions and that trend has never stopped fully, but it has been slowed down.
The comments by Richard Dawkins are very superficial and valid for a specific stage in the life of established religions of the world.
If there were a god, then there would only be a single religion, and all peoples would know it.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#8296 Oct 6, 2012
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>If there were a god, then there would only be a single religion, and all peoples would know it.
Amen.

Sorry could not resist.

Yes what you stated is what I have been saying for a long time, and most atheists will agree.

But truth and reason is not a common among religious.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#8297 Oct 6, 2012
Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen.
Sorry could not resist.
Yes what you stated is what I have been saying for a long time, and most atheists will agree.
But truth and reason is not a common among religious.
I have just posted this elsewhere but I think it fits the here and now, as well.

"According to the buy bull, there is only, the one thing that is ever seen of the god Jehovah, and that is his hindmost parts, and unfortunately the hindmost part, is also what we most often see of his followers.~ Reason Personified

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 2 min The_Box 2,168
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min waaasssuuup 232,677
God' existence 2 hr polymath257 55
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 2 hr polymath257 112
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 3 hr Geezerjock 1
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 3 hr _Bad Company 1,436
Australia: black magic pervert retard 4 hr Thinking 4
Evidence for God! 6 hr ChristineM 366