Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24181 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#6559 Jul 11, 2012
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I leave that nonsense to Skeptic who also uses my moniker and makes up his own quotes. Do you want evidence?
F*ck *ff Buck Crick / Educated Tw*t. We all know you're the same f*cker attempting to recruit for your silly washed out political cult..
just GTFO, you creationist scum by-products.
Henry

Heilbad Heiligenstadt, Germany

#6560 Jul 11, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a dream world which came into existence by wave of magic world....
Why dont to try stop paying your taxes and rates and see how is the world around you.
There are laws and rules to govern everything, the electrons, protons and neutrons all have laws and rules.
The ONLY exemption are humans, they are free to do what ever they like, they kill one man or one million men or one billion men and there would be no blame on them.
Once they got scot free from this world, it is end on matter for them.
Why should the any one be honest, truthful, merciful, brave and have moral values?
What is wrong with law of Jungle, the powerful nation should nuke every one who is weaker than him....
Law of Jungle is the best!!
The "law of jungle" is hostile for humans.
Henry

Heilbad Heiligenstadt, Germany

#6561 Jul 11, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> this is the sort of hard atheism that asks to be challenged with: if you are so sure, show us your proof. what is the evidence?
as an agnostic atheist, who does not believe in a god, but also does not claim to know, I think there is a major difference between my views and those of hard atheists - defined as those who are nonbelievers who claim to know that there is no god, and/or to have proof. My agnosticism is as much a part of my view as my atheism is, and I respect it just as much.
I am a hard atheist about only one view of god - as an allgood and allpowerful being. because of the problem of pain I do not think an allpowerful being would be all good.
I am even willing to challenge folks to take on my definition of God, and prove it does not exist. My definition is that god is everything that exists, and therefore god exists. Figure that one out. This is called pantheism. God is All that IS, thus GOD IS. I would be curious how folks would reply to that.
There is no god at all.

Location hidden

#6563 Jul 11, 2012
kubilgan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, he's about 12 and a short-bus rider. He's mad now! But I doubt he's Crick. Crick is more insidious and pseudo intellectual. This one is profoundly 'tarded in a different kind of way. ;)
The tw*t has multiple accounts, so i would not be surprised if they are the same, he's done it before. Though B*ck ironically is really really keen to differentiate Creationism (EW's brand of bullsh*t) from ID.

I think that's the giveaway.

Location hidden

#6564 Jul 11, 2012
Notice how EW and BC don't reply or talk to each other?

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#6571 Jul 11, 2012
kubilgan wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, he's about 12 and a short-bus rider. He's mad now! But I doubt he's Crick. Crick is more insidious and pseudo intellectual. This one is profoundly 'tarded in a different kind of way. ;)
Funny how skeptic and kubilgan talk to each other and we all know they are the same person. Funny how other atheists kicked your butt!! Hey do your famous, "click". Lol

Location hidden

#6572 Jul 11, 2012
kubilgan wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahaha you just called yourself a "butt plugs."

There has to be a comma in there, "college grad." I'll leave it to you to figger out.

lol YOUR dumb and mad and a mormon!
Ok your and you're. So are you happier now that you made friends? I am sure your tail is wagging.

Location hidden

#6573 Jul 11, 2012
kubilgan wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahaha you just called yourself a "butt plugs."

There has to be a comma in there, "college grad." I'll leave it to you to figger out.

lol YOUR dumb and mad and a mormon!
Even though you and skeptic are the same person.
Dak-original

Southampton, UK

#6574 Jul 11, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Bet you don't have the guts to read this link:
http://teachthemscience.org/evidence
MUQ is aware that his book's creation tale is based on a previous tale of the OT. He knows that the Evolution of Specis is a fact, too. However, he is now unable to abandon his faith and admit that his book cannot be the absolute truth as claimed.

IF the real GOD believes in punishing those who knowingly cause mayhem and deaths by misleading others on such vital issues then MUQ would undoubtedly be on that list. GOD then would choose the day of punishment. It could be the last day or any other. GOD knows best.(:(MUQ's allah knows best!!!)
Dak-original

Southampton, UK

#6575 Jul 11, 2012
Nazuu wrote:
<quoted text>
This made me laugh coz it reminded me of my pathetic ex boyfriend.
Interesting! you did have a pork chomping boyfriend. Did he brush his teeth after every meal?
Dak-original

Southampton, UK

#6576 Jul 11, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
How many "tons" of these "Artificial elements" have been produced?
What is the cost of their manufacture?
And what "general use" they are intended for?
It is strange that after creating these "artificial elements", we still do not see the Mercy and Wisdom of God to deposit so many Billions of Tons of Gold, and Silver and Copper and Iron and Manganese, and Sodium and Zink and Aluminum...... on this planet?
How would you have "created" these elements if these metals were not available?
More useful elements on Mars but no users! "HE ERRED"!!!LOL!
Dak-original

Southampton, UK

#6580 Jul 11, 2012
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
I know there can be no god at all.
Are 100% sure that there is no ultimate reason for all matter, life- forms, physical laws and striving for life via evolution, etc?

Location hidden

#6581 Jul 11, 2012
kubilgan wrote:
<quoted text>Otay, whatever you say mormon satanist pedophile low-IQ short bus rider.

*click*

LOL!
Whatever I say? Ok!

&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player

Wow you need to stop

Location hidden

#6582 Jul 11, 2012
kubilgan wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, T-town always typed "YOUR DUMB." You are the same butt plug. I (and everybody with a functioning brain) am making lots of fun of you in front of your theistic moron friends. You must love the taste of poo -- dog doo doo eater. Time for your turd snack now!

LOL YOUR so damn dumb!
Awe Big Debbie got slaughtered yesterday and is trying to make a comeback.

Location hidden

#6583 Jul 11, 2012
kubilgan wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, T-town always typed "YOUR DUMB." You are the same butt plug. I (and everybody with a functioning brain) am making lots of fun of you in front of your theistic moron friends. You must love the taste of poo -- dog doo doo eater. Time for your turd snack now!

LOL YOUR so damn dumb!
So by your logic, you type your doe that make you t town? Bwahaha

“The eye has it...”

Since: Jan 12

Russell's teapot.

#6584 Jul 11, 2012
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
So by your logic, you type your doe that make you t town? Bwahaha
Are there times you intentionally type unintelligibly or is this something that is out of your control?

Since: May 12

Darlington, UK

#6589 Jul 11, 2012
Nontheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Because he wanted to take you out and spend some time with you?
I guess so.. But he drank too much and he wasn't even muslim, he was white too. So it wouldn't ever work with me and my muslim family anyway. He was very bad temperd aswell.
Henry

Lugau, Germany

#6590 Jul 11, 2012
eyeful wrote:
<quoted text>
Allah has made a fool out of you! Cutting-and-pasting verses from the Dirty Koran as if you are inspired by its "wisdom and grace" - and then turning around and spitting like a rabid camel. "Whiz-dumb and gross" suits you to a tee.
Begone, illiterate MUCK.
Allah is noneistent!
Henry

Lugau, Germany

#6593 Jul 11, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> this is the sort of hard atheism that asks to be challenged with: if you are so sure, show us your proof. what is the evidence?
as an agnostic atheist, who does not believe in a god, but also does not claim to know, I think there is a major difference between my views and those of hard atheists - defined as those who are nonbelievers who claim to know that there is no god, and/or to have proof. My agnosticism is as much a part of my view as my atheism is, and I respect it just as much.
I am a hard atheist about only one view of god - as an allgood and allpowerful being. because of the problem of pain I do not think an allpowerful being would be all good.
I am even willing to challenge folks to take on my definition of God, and prove it does not exist. My definition is that god is everything that exists, and therefore god exists. Figure that one out. This is called pantheism. God is All that IS, thus GOD IS. I would be curious how folks would reply to that.
God never exists!
Henry

Lugau, Germany

#6594 Jul 11, 2012
Dak-original wrote:
<quoted text>
MUQ is aware that his book's creation tale is based on a previous tale of the OT. He knows that the Evolution of Specis is a fact, too. However, he is now unable to abandon his faith and admit that his book cannot be the absolute truth as claimed.
IF the real GOD believes in punishing those who knowingly cause mayhem and deaths by misleading others on such vital issues then MUQ would undoubtedly be on that list. GOD then would choose the day of punishment. It could be the last day or any other. GOD knows best.(:(MUQ's allah knows best!!!)
Gods day of punishment? What a laugh!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 7 min yehoshooah adam 3,788
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 11 min 15th Dalai Lama 70,136
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 59 min John 30,135
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 11 hr Evilgelicalling 460
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 hr superwilly 258,471
News Atheism and cowardice (Nov '11) 20 hr Eagle 12 12,674
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) Wed superwilly 579
More from around the web