Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 20 comments on the Apr 25, 2012, Psychology Today story titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#5182 Jun 26, 2012
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you have no clue. Let that idiot defend himself.
But you attributed my comments to him, and now, you wish me to shut up and let you continue your lies? And you say I have no clue, funny. Too funny. And no, I won't. You are a liar. Flat out, a LIAR!

Earth,TX

#5183 Jun 26, 2012
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a dick who is unable to support your arguements. Who gives a frigg about pillows being fluffed, obviously you because you have brought it up. LMAO
You are the one needing need empathy and compassion, in a public discussion forum, not me. I can deal with the slings and arrows, you were the one whining. Should I suggest that maybe a belly rub , and clean nappies, for you, are in order?

Supporting my argument >>>
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing I see that is missing from some of the atheists on the forum is a lack of empathy or compassion. Strange how those two things are not present in yourself and some of your collegues, but then again you can't see those two traits so maybe you don't believe in them either <<<

Earth,TX

#5184 Jun 26, 2012
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>u put y
Why don't you put your lip over your head and swallow? That should be easy for you shouldn't it?
It isn't very easy is it? It is par for the course though, so you might as well get used to it, after all it is your bible god who lays out the rules, for how to dispose of your four legged sex partners, after you have diddled them.

And remember, if you don't want to be ridiculed, keep your ridiculous religion to yourself.

Earth,TX

#5185 Jun 26, 2012
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are reason personified I would suggest that you get a goat to root because you have no human emotions so it doesn't matter who you bonk.LMAO

Damn, you went "space cadet", on that one didn't you? All the way from whining, that you are finding no empathy and compassion, from atheist ..... to saying that I should, get a goat to root? Weird. Goats when planted, don't root, but my pepper tree did.

And that I have no human emotions? You have no inkling of what I do, or don't have, this is a thread in a discussion forum, and that is all, that it is. A thread!

WTF .. "who I bonk"? WTF is that? Have you lost your mind?

Earth,TX

#5186 Jun 26, 2012
The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
On what do you base your conclusion that he believes in satan? Did his post mention satan?
Another demonstration of the typical dishonesty of a theist.
They never stop being dishonest.

“There are other issues.”

Location hidden

#5187 Jun 26, 2012
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Did I say Christains? Or Jews? Did I ? No, I didn't. I said theist, which is you. You are guilty of everything, they are guilty of. You and they, are one and the same. Get used to it, you monstrous sadistic terrorist!
Nope. I didn't kill anyone. Sorry, but now I see your issues blaming everyone for everything. Ha ha! Different beliefs so sorry retard. Hey how old are you?

Location hidden

#5188 Jun 26, 2012
<quoted text>No problem.
Theist equals sodomist.
Theist equals terrorist.
See, here is the proof, you are theist, you are sodomist, you are terrorist.
Now, I've shown you the truth about sodomist.
Lol! That is so funny. Bwahahaha!!! You have shown how stupid you are. I bet you go to stores and see people and call them terrorist. Bwahaha

Location hidden

#5189 Jun 26, 2012
<quoted text>... and you are a sodomist!
Running out of things to say. Ok pedophile! Hey leave those kids alone.

Location hidden

#5190 Jun 26, 2012
<quoted text>You're the one running, not me.
Run run run! Lol!

Location hidden

#5191 Jun 26, 2012
<quoted text>And the measures we are to judge you by, would be your lies?

What facts you know of Bob, you will not post. That kind of honesty is not in you. What you will post is your own twisted lies concerning the details Bob has revealed on these threads.
Yeah yeah ok. Next

Location hidden

#5192 Jun 26, 2012
<quoted text>But you attributed my comments to him, and now, you wish me to shut up and let you continue your lies? And you say I have no clue, funny. Too funny. And no, I won't. You are a liar. Flat out, a LIAR!
Yeah yeah, next!

Earth,TX

#5193 Jun 26, 2012
<quoted text>
Thanks
You're welcome.

Location hidden

#5194 Jun 26, 2012
<quoted text>You're welcome.
Thanks? Bwahahaha!!! Wuss!

Earth,TX

#5195 Jun 26, 2012
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
I run FireFox, with NoScript manager-- which prevents the majority of ads, including pop-ups.
Which do you use?
I guess it's the AOL pop up blocker. I get these little messages at the bottom of the page with the count of pop ups being blocked, it's usually just one or two. I generally ignore, even the message.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5196 Jun 26, 2012
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all but this isn't school and you get the message.
Oh I got your message all right:

It was more of your Jesus Love™.

You know-- the sort of activity that the rest of the world would label "hate"?

I got it-- you hate me with everything you are.

This isn't news.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5197 Jun 26, 2012
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol! I called a truce and ignored you and never confronted you but you decided to confront me.
Your "truce" includes you lying about my ex-wife?

Your "truce" includes you lying about my sexual preferences?

That is some "truce" you got going there...

... no wonder so many wars were fought in the name of your god-- you people have a weird understanding of the word "truce"...!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5198 Jun 26, 2012
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, deep inside Bob you really need to evaluate yourself and how life has been for you. On these threads I come and go but it will never be my life. My life is my family, business, and furthering my education. My claim was the truth and in one post you agreed. Let's not confront each other and things will be fine. Remember, I do not go to a church or believe in a certain religion. I do believe in God though but that is my right and my choice. Have I ever preached to you? Never! Don't need to.
Yes-- you preached at me quite frequently, when you first showed up.

Unlike your Jewsus? I do not forgive so easily. Nor do I forget.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5199 Jun 26, 2012
<quoted text>I guess it's the AOL pop up blocker. I get these little messages at the bottom of the page with the count of pop ups being blocked, it's usually just one or two. I generally ignore, even the message.
Oh, me too-- I don't bother with ads 99% of the time.

Once in a blue moon? On some of the pages I let ads through?

I do look at interesting technology advertising-- I occasionally learn something new from those.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#5200 Jun 26, 2012
<quoted text>Zombie is who your risen Christ is, zombie is who the Christard wants to be, zombie is from a religion called Voodoo. In fact, when factoring in the vampirism, the cannibalism and the future zombification of the Christain, you could say that you lot are almost Pagans. LOL!
You're a sad and lost individual.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#5201 Jun 26, 2012
Is believe in Creator against Science, Reason and logic or Vice Versa? Part-14

Bombardier Beetle

The bombardier beetle is an insect on which an enormous amount of research has been done. The trait that renders this insect so popular is that it uses chemical methods to protect itself from its enemies. In moments of danger, the insect squirts hydrogen peroxide and hydroquinone stored in its body towards the enemy to protect itself.

Prior to battle, specialized structures called secretary lobes make a very concentrated mixture of these two chemicals. The mixture is stored in a separate compartment called the storage chamber. This compartment is connected to a second one called the explosion chamber.

The two compartments are kept separate from one another by a sphincter muscle. The moment the insect senses danger, it squeezes the muscles surrounding the storage chamber while simultaneously relaxing the sphincter muscle, and the chemical in the storage chamber is transferred to the explosion chamber.

A large quantity of heat is released and a vaporisation occurs. The released vapour and the oxygen gas exert pressure on the walls of the explosion chamber and this chemical is squirted at the enemy through a channel leading outward from the beetle's body.17

It is still a great mystery to researchers how an insect can harbour inside itself a powerful system potent enough to trigger a chemical reaction that could easily cause it harm while also isolating itself from the effects of that system. No doubt, the existence and working of this system is too complicated to be attributed to the insect itself. It is still a matter of discussion how the bombardier beetle makes such a system work within its tiny body measuring about 2 cm in length, when human experts can perform it only in laboratories.

The only apparent truth here is that this insect is a concrete example completely refuting the theory of evolution, because it is impossible for this complex chemical system to have been shaped by a series of coincidental variations and passed on to future generations. Even a minor deficiency or 'defect' in a single piece of the system would leave the animal defenseless, so that it would soon be killed or it would cause it to blow itself up. Therefore, the only explanation is that the chemical weapon in the insect's body had come into being with all its parts all at once and without any defect.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 21 min Uncle Sam 238,097
News The Consequences of Atheism 4 hr thertruth 1,313
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 hr thertruth 18,673
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 12 hr Richardfs 9,319
News Atheists open up: What they want you to know 12 hr Liam R will return 31
News Confessions of a black atheist 13 hr Peaks 399
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Sat thetruth 2,059
More from around the web