Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24182 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#5188 Jun 26, 2012
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>No problem.
Theist equals sodomist.
Theist equals terrorist.
See, here is the proof, you are theist, you are sodomist, you are terrorist.
Now, I've shown you the truth about sodomist.
Lol! That is so funny. Bwahahaha!!! You have shown how stupid you are. I bet you go to stores and see people and call them terrorist. Bwahaha

Location hidden

#5189 Jun 26, 2012
<quoted text>... and you are a sodomist!
Running out of things to say. Ok pedophile! Hey leave those kids alone.

Location hidden

#5190 Jun 26, 2012
The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>You're the one running, not me.
Run run run! Lol!

Location hidden

#5191 Jun 26, 2012
<quoted text>And the measures we are to judge you by, would be your lies?

What facts you know of Bob, you will not post. That kind of honesty is not in you. What you will post is your own twisted lies concerning the details Bob has revealed on these threads.
Yeah yeah ok. Next

Location hidden

#5192 Jun 26, 2012
<quoted text>But you attributed my comments to him, and now, you wish me to shut up and let you continue your lies? And you say I have no clue, funny. Too funny. And no, I won't. You are a liar. Flat out, a LIAR!
Yeah yeah, next!

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Earth,TX

#5193 Jun 26, 2012
The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks
You're welcome.

Location hidden

#5194 Jun 26, 2012
<quoted text>You're welcome.
Thanks? Bwahahaha!!! Wuss!

Earth,TX

#5195 Jun 26, 2012
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
I run FireFox, with NoScript manager-- which prevents the majority of ads, including pop-ups.
Which do you use?
I guess it's the AOL pop up blocker. I get these little messages at the bottom of the page with the count of pop ups being blocked, it's usually just one or two. I generally ignore, even the message.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5196 Jun 26, 2012
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all but this isn't school and you get the message.
Oh I got your message all right:

It was more of your Jesus Love™.

You know-- the sort of activity that the rest of the world would label "hate"?

I got it-- you hate me with everything you are.

This isn't news.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5197 Jun 26, 2012
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol! I called a truce and ignored you and never confronted you but you decided to confront me.
Your "truce" includes you lying about my ex-wife?

Your "truce" includes you lying about my sexual preferences?

That is some "truce" you got going there...

... no wonder so many wars were fought in the name of your god-- you people have a weird understanding of the word "truce"...!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5198 Jun 26, 2012
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, deep inside Bob you really need to evaluate yourself and how life has been for you. On these threads I come and go but it will never be my life. My life is my family, business, and furthering my education. My claim was the truth and in one post you agreed. Let's not confront each other and things will be fine. Remember, I do not go to a church or believe in a certain religion. I do believe in God though but that is my right and my choice. Have I ever preached to you? Never! Don't need to.
Yes-- you preached at me quite frequently, when you first showed up.

Unlike your Jewsus? I do not forgive so easily. Nor do I forget.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5199 Jun 26, 2012
<quoted text>I guess it's the AOL pop up blocker. I get these little messages at the bottom of the page with the count of pop ups being blocked, it's usually just one or two. I generally ignore, even the message.
Oh, me too-- I don't bother with ads 99% of the time.

Once in a blue moon? On some of the pages I let ads through?

I do look at interesting technology advertising-- I occasionally learn something new from those.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#5200 Jun 26, 2012
<quoted text>Zombie is who your risen Christ is, zombie is who the Christard wants to be, zombie is from a religion called Voodoo. In fact, when factoring in the vampirism, the cannibalism and the future zombification of the Christain, you could say that you lot are almost Pagans. LOL!
You're a sad and lost individual.
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#5201 Jun 26, 2012
Is believe in Creator against Science, Reason and logic or Vice Versa? Part-14

Bombardier Beetle

The bombardier beetle is an insect on which an enormous amount of research has been done. The trait that renders this insect so popular is that it uses chemical methods to protect itself from its enemies. In moments of danger, the insect squirts hydrogen peroxide and hydroquinone stored in its body towards the enemy to protect itself.

Prior to battle, specialized structures called secretary lobes make a very concentrated mixture of these two chemicals. The mixture is stored in a separate compartment called the storage chamber. This compartment is connected to a second one called the explosion chamber.

The two compartments are kept separate from one another by a sphincter muscle. The moment the insect senses danger, it squeezes the muscles surrounding the storage chamber while simultaneously relaxing the sphincter muscle, and the chemical in the storage chamber is transferred to the explosion chamber.

A large quantity of heat is released and a vaporisation occurs. The released vapour and the oxygen gas exert pressure on the walls of the explosion chamber and this chemical is squirted at the enemy through a channel leading outward from the beetle's body.17

It is still a great mystery to researchers how an insect can harbour inside itself a powerful system potent enough to trigger a chemical reaction that could easily cause it harm while also isolating itself from the effects of that system. No doubt, the existence and working of this system is too complicated to be attributed to the insect itself. It is still a matter of discussion how the bombardier beetle makes such a system work within its tiny body measuring about 2 cm in length, when human experts can perform it only in laboratories.

The only apparent truth here is that this insect is a concrete example completely refuting the theory of evolution, because it is impossible for this complex chemical system to have been shaped by a series of coincidental variations and passed on to future generations. Even a minor deficiency or 'defect' in a single piece of the system would leave the animal defenseless, so that it would soon be killed or it would cause it to blow itself up. Therefore, the only explanation is that the chemical weapon in the insect's body had come into being with all its parts all at once and without any defect.

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#5202 Jun 26, 2012
Termite Nests

No one can help feeling surprised at the sight of a termite nest erected on the ground by termites. These nests are architectural wonders, rising as high as 5 or 6 metres. When you compare the size of a termite and its nest, you will see that the termite has successfully completed an architectural project about 300 times bigger than itself. But what is even more astonishing is that the termites are blind.

A person who has never seen the huge nests built by blind termites would probably think that they are made up of sand piles heaped upon each other. However, a termite nest proves to be of a marvellous design incomprehensible to the human mind: inside there are intersecting tunnels, corridors, ventilation systems, special fungus production yards and safety exits.

If you assemble thousands of blind people and give them all kinds of technical tools, you can never make them set up a nest similar to the one made by the termite colony. So, just think:

- How could a termite measuring 1-2 cm. in length have learnt the architectural and engineering information needed to make such a subtle design?

- How could thousands of blind termites manage to work in harmony to build this construction which is an artistic wonder?

-If you divide a termite nest into two during the first stages of its construction, and then reunite it, you will see that all passage-ways, canals and roads fit each other. How can this miraculous event be explained?

The conclusion to be derived from this example is that Allah has created all living beings uniquely and without any prior example. Even one termite nest is enough for a person to comprehend Allah and believe that He is the One Who created all.

Location hidden

#5203 Jun 26, 2012
<quoted text>Your "truce" includes you lying about my ex-wife?

Your "truce" includes you lying about my sexual preferences?

That is some "truce" you got going there...

... no wonder so many wars were fought in the name of your god-- you people have a weird understanding of the word "truce"...!
Lol! You lied about many things here Bob. You assume also Bob. Wars from the past has nothing to do with since I wasn't born back in those days.

Location hidden

#5204 Jun 26, 2012
<quoted text>Yes-- you preached at me quite frequently, when you first showed up.

Unlike your Jewsus? I do not forgive so easily. Nor do I forget.
I am not asking for forgiveness from you because honestly I don't care. When I first showed up I did not preach to you. I just challenged you.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#5207 Jun 26, 2012
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not asking for forgiveness from you because honestly I don't care. When I first showed up I did not preach to you. I just challenged you.
Lol, calling Atheists hitler, stalin and child molestors is not a challenge, it's an outright willfully ignorant fabrication.

You're sick in the head from your cult and it means you can't function in sane society.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#5208 Jun 27, 2012
Jack 1 wrote:
01. MUQ - I cannot bring myself to admit that even YOU was once unique. Then I have to consider everyone was once in that identical position. Their journey to the egg. To think that YOU are ONE in MILLIONS is the hardest fact of life itself for me to swallow.

02. You have the audacity to say I'm bias, suggest I've a closed mind. Accuse me of not posting logical/civil and/or relevant material. One of my definitions of "Bias" would be to read something, although being childishly stupid serving as an understatement, text where a certain word appears in every paragraph, if not in alternate sentences. Here I use the term 'sentence' in a desperate need for a better description.

03. Your buzz word, Allah, appears in your text nearly as frequently as the word 'the.' And YOU'RE NOT BIAS? HAVEN'T a CLOSED MIND?

04. You miserably fail to accept the most fundamental laws of physics that an eight-year old can understand AND explain. My last sentence IS reasonable, logical AND civil owing to the fact that you will not find in the 'good book,' anything to justify your claims, ANY OF YOUR CLAIMS.

05. I have a little friend next-door to me, who is the above eight-year old child. She can copy and paste text from her favorite literary works.(the Mr Men.) Anyone who disbelieves those stories, leads her behaviour to closing mimic yours when someone points-out your stories are UNBELIEVABLE.

06. I have civilly as what is possible, invited you to make a detailed description using clear reasoning of your contribution to this tread. If you think my invites (above) were in anyway given by someone who is ignorant, impolite or unsophisticated, I'll run away from calling you a liar:-

07. You, AND Allah really must have missed the event when your grey matter began migrating north looking for your head, it utterly and totally missed-out when it must have been expelled along with the brown matter, YEARS ago.
Ans.

Your post describes the reason why I did not replied to your posts in the past.

Posts like yours above need no reply, there is nothing there but accusations and I let all that pass.

Any one is free to cut and paste anything on these threads, but the subject one chooses is important.

I am giving my reasons that every thing in nature testifies about a Powerful, Wise, Knowledgeable and Merciful Creator…. If you cannot deduce it, then in fault is with you and not with these things we see around us.

If you were to remove your goggles of bias and hate, may be you would appreciate His presence in every thing you see.

Earth,TX

#5209 Jun 27, 2012
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't lie wife beater, she died because of the constant abuse thanks to your satanists beliefs. You are such a low life. But of course you don't change, you constantly lie and make things up.
Do you think she hung around for 15 years after the divorce? Why would she do that? Are you making up an imaginary life for her? How nice of you, I am sure she would have appreciated that, had she not smoked herself to death, and had been around to hear of your embellishments.

Did you know that just a couple of years ago, Bob was not an atheist? That was long, after the ex-wife was gone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Athetists' best bet is that there is a God. 6 min JustASkeptic 8
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 17 min Aura Mytha 48,498
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr scientia potentia... 23,492
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 21,866
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sat Eagle 12 258,039
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Sat Eagle 12 4,907
Why you need to make sure you are saved before ... Fri Scaritual 14
More from around the web