Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24178 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#22859 Sep 3, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean that those who wrote about evolution 100 years back (Including Charles Darwin)..were writing and making claims without "Real" info?
And what would people say about the books being written on evolution today after 100 years? They might also say that those people make big claims without "Real" info.
These things work both ways!!
Science progresses whilst religions are stuck in the past.

Talking ant and birds?

27:17 And before Solomon were marshalled his hosts,- of Jinns and men and birds, and they were all kept in order and ranks.
27:18 At length, when they came to a (lowly) valley of ants, one of the ants said: "O ye ants, get into your habitations, lest Solomon and his hosts crush you (under foot) without knowing it."
27:19 So he smiled, amused at her speech; and he said: "O my Lord! so order me that I may be grateful for Thy favours, which thou hast bestowed on me and on my parents, and that I may work the righteousness that will please Thee: And admit me, by Th y Grace, to the ranks of Thy righteous Servants."
27:20 And he took a muster of the Birds; and he said: "Why is it I see not the Hoopoe? Or is he among the absentees?
27:21 "I will certainly punish him with a severe penalty, or execute him, unless he bring me a clear reason (for absence)."
27:22 But the Hoopoe tarried not far: he (came up and) said: "I have compassed (territory) which thou hast not compassed, and I have come to thee from Saba with tidings true.
27:23 "I found (there) a woman ruling over them and provided with every requisite; and she has a magnificent throne.
27:24 "I found her and her people worshipping the sun besides God: Satan has made their deeds seem pleasing in their eyes, and has kept them away from the Path,- so they receive no guidance,-
27:25 "(Kept them away from the Path), that they should not worship God, Who brings to light what is hidden in the heavens and the earth, and knows what ye hide and what ye reveal.
Eman

Mira Loma, CA

#22860 Sep 3, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
How come the Holy Spirit taught "different meanings" to different Churches that they are not united on any thing?
I think Holy Spirit is the "Most Maltreated" of all entities in Christian religion.
Every Christian leads the Holy Spirit which ever way he goes...
What sort of God is this Holy Spirit?
Is God's Spirit, the one that moves the heart of people and brings them to Jesus Christ.
It is the one that moves the people's heart to feel compassion, and love and mercy.
It is why Muslims slaughter each other and others because your heart is like a stone.
All churches can have only one view of the Spirit: the one that is in the bible, which is the word of God.
He's not most Maltreated, he is what leads us to Christ
Eman

Mira Loma, CA

#22861 Sep 3, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So according to you Churches are "full to the brim" only during "Crisis Situations?
That makes a lot of sense.
So to keep Churches full all the time, we should have 9/11 type of incidents "Quite Often"?
Silly GWB and Obama....trying there best to "avoid" 9/11 type incidents all the time.... how much loss to the Jesus' own Church!!
That was a comment against atheism.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#22862 Sep 3, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
1. If that was the case, and there is no accountability of your deeds, why anyone should try to be good and help poor people and his fellows.
And those “Powerful Dictators and Kings and Gangsters” who persecute and kill many innocent people and never get punishment for their deeds, will they and those who help others and save lives, would become equal once they are dead?
This is a very illogical and very unreasonable attitude.
Wishful thinking isn't logical, it's denial.

Yes they get away with their crimes unless we stop them.
Wishing for a vengeful god won't help.
MUQ1 wrote:
2. Any thing you write in any language, then get it translated into Arabic using “Google Translator” or some other such program and then present it to world as “Something just like Quran”!
How dumb you are!!
Here's a book equal to the Quran.

“The Biggest Secret: The Book That Will Change the World”
by David Icke

“He reveals in documented detail, how the same interconnecting bloodlines have controlled the planet for thousands of years. How they created all the major religions and suppressed the spiritual and esoteric knowledge that will set humanity free from its mental and emotional prisons. This is the book that revealed the existance of a reptillian race from another planet and/or dimension covertly controlling humanity. It includes a devastating expose of the true origins of Christianity and the other major religions and documents the suppressed science, which explains why the world is facing a time of incredible change and transformation.“
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Biggest-Secret-Ch...
Thinking

Glasgow, UK

#22863 Sep 3, 2014
Icke's book is better than the koran, because mohammed couldn't even write!
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Wishful thinking isn't logical, it's denial.
Yes they get away with their crimes unless we stop them.
Wishing for a vengeful god won't help.
<quoted text>
Here's a book equal to the Quran.
“The Biggest Secret: The Book That Will Change the World”
by David Icke
“He reveals in documented detail, how the same interconnecting bloodlines have controlled the planet for thousands of years. How they created all the major religions and suppressed the spiritual and esoteric knowledge that will set humanity free from its mental and emotional prisons. This is the book that revealed the existance of a reptillian race from another planet and/or dimension covertly controlling humanity. It includes a devastating expose of the true origins of Christianity and the other major religions and documents the suppressed science, which explains why the world is facing a time of incredible change and transformation.“
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Biggest-Secret-Ch...
Dak-Original

Southall, UK

#22864 Sep 3, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean that those who wrote about evolution 100 years back (Including Charles Darwin)..were writing and making claims without "Real" info?
And what would people say about the books being written on evolution today after 100 years? They might also say that those people make big claims without "Real" info.
I was not referring to Charles Darwin's Origins of the Specis. I was referring to those who wrote to reject his theory. Charles Darwin's Theory of Evolution has been gradually refined over the years and the Genome Project is the last nail on the creationists. Then I was referring to some 100 years old books by academics who you used to justify your rejection of human evolution. Those academics were Christians and they wrote mumbo jumbo to support Genesis (and its derivatives?!). You were quoting them repeatedly as a strut to "creation" tales. I then requested
you to read more current books on the matter. OH! MUQ1+!

NB: Evolution of the Species has been proved (Genome Project 2003) and Adam and Eve tale is one of many that human beings invented. Human did not arrive on the earth 4,000 odd years ago. Evolution. There are still many mysteries such as the existence of all and life yet to be understood but human may never discover those We have to be humble and then believe in an GOD entity without endowing human qualities as we often err.
Dak-Original

Southall, UK

#22865 Sep 3, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Darwin constructed his theory on the basis of his findings and being a devoted Christian he dared not publish it for many years. He was tormented by his own discoveries. However, other academics who attacked him for the next 80 years used every trick and spurious evidence just because they did not like rejection of faith issue such as the Genesis. Darwin was depicted in press as a monkey in order to mock him.
Dak-Original

Southall, UK

#22866 Sep 3, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So according to you Churches are "full to the brim" only during "Crisis Situations?
That makes a lot of sense.
So to keep Churches full all the time, we should have 9/11 type of incidents "Quite Often"?
Silly GWB and Obama....trying there best to "avoid" 9/11 type incidents all the time.... how much loss to the Jesus' own Church!!
It is hilarious to note that you, MUQ1 as you again talk "cross purposely" in order to score points on "my belief" is better than yours. All that Emman stated was that "the belief" has place as in time of need.Humans need belief and this is proved in times of crisis. MUQ did not like churches "full to the brim" comment and then he mocks Christians for using churches in crisis situations only. I have known muslims In London who hardly ever visit a mosque but defend their faith a la MUQ. On questioning one well to do 35 year old told me that he blamed his parents for not forcing him to go to mosques and madrassa when he was young.

OH! MUQ+1!
Dak-Original

Southall, UK

#22867 Sep 3, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a comment against atheism.
MUQ is not to reason here but to campaign. He will then "err" thus!
Dak-Original

Southall, UK

#22868 Sep 3, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Icke's book is better than the koran, because mohammed couldn't even write!
<quoted text>
Where is Icke these days? He met an American lady when visiting the US and that changed him from a BBC broadcaster to sci-fi cum faith mumbo jumbo. He was then living between two women, with his wife's consent.His wife accepted all his mumbo jumbo then but they have not been in news for years.

NB: If Icke was about 1500 years ago his new religion may have taken off in a big way.
Thinking

Glasgow, UK

#22869 Sep 3, 2014
I don't know, I don't really follow him. Poor guy looks damaged, but not so damaged that he's forgotten to advertise his books.

Dak-Original wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is Icke these days? He met an American lady when visiting the US and that changed him from a BBC broadcaster to sci-fi cum faith mumbo jumbo. He was then living between two women, with his wife's consent.His wife accepted all his mumbo jumbo then but they have not been in news for years.
NB: If Icke was about 1500 years ago his new religion may have taken off in a big way.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#22871 Sep 3, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
It is only founders of religions (Prophets of God) whose influence is permanent and time has little effect.
And in that category also, our prophet was the "Most Successful".
How could he be considered the most successful? If you're judging based on longevity, there are numerous religions that are older.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#22872 Sep 3, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
1. If that was the case, and there is no accountability of your deeds, why anyone should try to be good and help poor people and his fellows.
This has absolutely nothing to do with death being an extraordinary claim.
MUQ1 wrote:
And those “Powerful Dictators and Kings and Gangsters” who persecute and kill many innocent people and never get punishment for their deeds, will they and those who help others and save lives, would become equal once they are dead?
This is a very illogical and very unreasonable attitude.
It's not illogical or unreasonable. It's just unpalatable. But, you not LIKING something doesn't mean it isn't true.
MUQ1 wrote:
2. Any thing you write in any language, then get it translated into Arabic using “Google Translator” or some other such program and then present it to world as “Something just like Quran”!
How dumb you are!!
You didn't answer the question.
Harry

London, UK

#22873 Sep 3, 2014
So caring more about this life more than guesswork about an after life will be more common than not by 2038? Yet more guesswork. In most modern countries I'd say it's already happened. These idiots that make such predictions are as dumb as the ones that think they have exclusive knowledge about things spiritual.

Nihil Obstat
Eman

Mira Loma, CA

#22874 Sep 3, 2014
8 And the word of the Lord came to Zechariah, saying, 9 “Thus says the Lord of hosts, Render true judgments, show kindness and mercy to one another, 10 do not oppress the widow, the fatherless, the sojourner, or the poor, and let none of you devise evil against another in your heart.”

Christianity is largest religion and growing rapidly, so Jesus is more known
So you're wrong that muhammad is most successful. But Satan threatens everyone who wants to leave Islam with death. So who knows how many Muslims want to leave Islam but can't , because they're poor and can't move away, and if they say they're not Muslim they get decapitated by others around them.
So the Islam numbers are not true numbers, but false numbers. Everything about Islam is false and violence
Eman

Mira Loma, CA

#22875 Sep 3, 2014
Destroy Islam. Only solution. Let Islam receive what they do to others: they kill those that refuse to covert and want to bring the whole earth under their power -> kill all Muslims that don't let go of Islam and wipe them off the face of the earth.
It's only justice to be done to them what they do to orders
porridge

London, UK

#22876 Sep 3, 2014
Eman wrote:
Destroy Islam. Only solution. Let Islam receive what they do to others: they kill those that refuse to covert and want to bring the whole earth under their power -> kill all Muslims that don't let go of Islam and wipe them off the face of the earth.
It's only justice to be done to them what they do to orders
You're definitely one of the nuttier xtians.
Eman

Mira Loma, CA

#22877 Sep 3, 2014
I just Google ridiculous claims in Koran.
Koran 86:6,7 says man's sperm comes from a place between backbone and the ribs. Hahaha
You'd think the creator of man would know that semen in the testes.
There you go, the Koran challenge that you say stood for 1400 years is destroyed.
Eman

Mira Loma, CA

#22878 Sep 3, 2014
porridge wrote:
<quoted text>
That's justice. What they do to others do to them. They take advantage of western good will
Eman

Mira Loma, CA

#22879 Sep 3, 2014
porridge wrote:
<quoted text>
But the reality is, Jesus teaches this:Luke 6:27-30, 32-38 KJV

But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also. Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again. For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same. And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again. But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 8 min Science 78,476
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Science 32,431
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 3 hr Eagle 12 - 1,314
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... Aug 12 Eagle 12 - 1,152
what science will NEVER be able to prove Aug 11 Eagle 12 - 5
News What Ever Happened to the New Atheists?by Ellio... Aug 7 nanoanomaly 1
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) Aug 5 yehoshooah adam 4,381
More from around the web