Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24178 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

#22794 Aug 27, 2014
religionislies wrote:
<quoted text>
the idiot who believes without evidence needs his head examined, and promptly slapped.
The fact is Atheists have no evidence for rejecting the Creator..... we have this Universe as a proof, when the Creations exist, so would be their Creator.

Either show that you can Create something from nothing or you can create any thing by chance or by random actions.

Accusing us of having no evidence works same way against you also.
CunningLinguist

Umatilla, FL

#22795 Aug 27, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is Atheists have no evidence for rejecting the Creator..... we have this Universe as a proof, when the Creations exist, so would be their Creator.
Either show that you can Create something from nothing or you can create any thing by chance or by random actions.
Accusing us of having no evidence works same way against you also.
The burden of proof is on you.

You've made claim modern science has proven wrong. Think FOSSIL... Then find dinosaur in your book... Odd, they are missing, like your logic.

And as Carl Sagan stated "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence "

Your bible is not evidence, it is entirely hearsay.

Disclaimer: All spelling errors made by Siri are deliberately left in for my amusement, they are forgiven, will go to paradise and receive 72 dictionaries directly from: Lord Supercalifragilisticexpialidoc ious, the improbable.
CunningLinguist

Umatilla, FL

#22796 Aug 27, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The reality is that atheists are the most unreasonable and most illogical people on this earth.
They see the Universe before them and how it is functioning....Yet they "Believe" that it came out by itself or by chance.....and running by itself.
Machines made by humans, Trains, Cars, Ships, Rockets..... have failed so many times and keep on failing....while the Universe works faultlessly all the time.
If any one thinks that this universe is running in "auto mode"...he or she should get their heads examined.
Reality is a word you do not understand, yours is a fantasy world.

Feel free to illustrate your tenuous grasp of reality and how you feel the world will deal with the advanced automatism, robotics, android development, quantum computing, the fast appearing world beyond work, where all religious concepts are abruptly dumped without ceremony.
CunningLinguist

Umatilla, FL

#22797 Aug 27, 2014
pookie wrote:
Has anyone noticed that all people who claim to be prophets of God have has problems with sexual deviancy?
The Christian view that all intercourse outside marriage is immoral was
based upon the view that all sexual intercourse, even within marriage, is
regrettable.

A view of this sort, which goes against biological facts, can only be regarded by some people as a morbid aberration.

The fact that it is embedded in Christian ethics has made Christianity throughout its whole history a force tending towards mental disorders and unwholesome views of life.

The Church had devastating impact upon society. As the Church assumed leadership, activity in the fields of medicine, technology, science,
education, history, art and commerce all but collapsed.

Technology disappeared and the Church became the most cohesive power in Western society. The extensive aqueduct and plumbing systems vanished.

Orthodox Christians taught that all aspects of the flesh should be reviled and therefore discouraged washing as much as possible.

Toilets and indoor plumbing disappeared. Disease became commonplace as sanitation and hygiene deteriorated. For hundreds of years, towns and
villages were decimated by epidemics.

Europe entered the Dark Ages.

Religion poisons everything
religionislies

London, UK

#22799 Aug 28, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
relax and defend atheism !
some coffee my friend...enjoy your day
Naked Coffee Shock
Naked Coffee Shock
So. It’s early Sunday morning in DC
Visiting my locale Mickey D’s
I’m not too bright about anything
Simply wanting a cup of Joe
Before I go to church
The help as usual is friendly and polite
(Some say they’re not but that’s alright)
2 ugly men walked in behind me
Clearly they were there to sin
Both had no clothes on so things went south
They were erect
(and I don’t mean posture or the building of a house)
I averted my eyes at the appropriate moment
These are hard times and getting harder
Not wanting to be party to this depravity and crime
I tried to leave but…. Never mind…
“Reach for the sky!” The nude men shouted
Then struck up a conversation
(I thought this was salacious and unkind)
So. I geared up my stronger serious mind
Became sophisticated and refined
I told them they are in the wrong place and time
Informed them the church is close to here
If they were so inclined I’d take them there
Repentance is a goodly and Godly thing
“Ridiculous!” They cried
They wanted more than a house of God
It was the apple pies they so desired
I told them they looked silly and kinda dumb
Reminded them they had no guns (obviously, they were naked)
There was no way to fake it
The only thing they threatened were some smiles
So. The manager told them there are no pies
And sizing up the situation, continued
“Can’t either of you read?”
The sign is clearly posted
“Shoes are required”
You are not properly attired
So kindly leave
Another poem - you must have got the message.

The message that Creationism is full of sh*t and cannot be defended.
religionislies

London, UK

#22800 Aug 28, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You need not start analyzing the Personality of Creator, you have neither the means not capability.
Concentrate on His creations and wonder how Powerful, knowledgeable and Merciful would be their Creator.
That is the right approach and workable..... than your confused posts.
When you can prove your god, you won't need to lie as much.

Since: Dec 06

Charlie's

#22801 Aug 28, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
You need not start analyzing the Personality of Creator, you have neither the means not capability.
Concentrate on His creations and wonder how Powerful, knowledgeable and Merciful would be their Creator.
Seeing that life is mainly based on predation, your "Powerful, knowledgeable and Merciful Creator" is indeed a sadistic personality.

Since: Mar 12

Danda, India

#22802 Aug 28, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the right approach and workable..... than your confused posts.
Then on what basis such an unfathomable entity with limitless power gained credibility in the hearts of Muslims?How can your belief be verified when your God hasn't been witnessed or has any logical explanation as you admit he is complex and cannot be analysed?When there are infinite possibilities behind universe's beginning what makes you choose or narrow down your God has the best possible reason behind the universe's inception?
There is no difference between you and a child believing in comical superheroes. Both God and superheroes exist as characters of books that were written by ordinary human beings like you and me.
CunningLinguist

Umatilla, FL

#22803 Aug 28, 2014
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
Then on what basis such an unfathomable entity with limitless power gained credibility in the hearts of Muslims?How can your belief be verified when your God hasn't been witnessed or has any logical explanation as you admit he is complex and cannot be analysed?When there are infinite possibilities behind universe's beginning what makes you choose or narrow down your God has the best possible reason behind the universe's inception?
There is no difference between you and a child believing in comical superheroes. Both God and superheroes exist as characters of books that were written by ordinary human beings like you and me.
Ordinary people think there are gods.
And they are in the majority.

Extraordinary people know there are no gods.
They do not deny science but embrace it.

I have issued this simple comment many times...

If you (theists) expect to convince anyone of your faith you should be able to promptly answer these two simple questions.

If you cannot answer these, ask your clergy for assistance.

Remember... they claim to know the unknowable and can easily explain this.... right?

1) Provide evidence your God is true in a way religions other than yours cannot do with their God(s).

2) Provide evidence your holy book is true in a way religions other than yours cannot do with their holy book(s).

There will be no response to these two simple questions for obvious reasons.

Mumbai, India

#22804 Aug 28, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Ordinary people think there are gods.
And they are in the majority.
Extraordinary people know there are no gods.
They do not deny science but embrace it.
I have issued this simple comment many times...
If you (theists) expect to convince anyone of your faith you should be able to promptly answer these two simple questions.
If you cannot answer these, ask your clergy for assistance.
Remember... they claim to know the unknowable and can easily explain this.... right?
1) Provide evidence your God is true in a way religions other than yours cannot do with their God(s).
2) Provide evidence your holy book is true in a way religions other than yours cannot do with their holy book(s).
There will be no response to these two simple questions for obvious reasons.
Very true. Once I asked another question to MUQ as to why he believes that no other proposed model of God other than "Allah" can be the real existing God.He rationalized his belief by saying that "Allah" is the best model among all Gods.It was like a child saying his favorite superhero is the only true superhero.Whenever I asked for proof of their God his answer was always "Quran".
And when I asked as to why he believes in "Quran" he replied Quran is message of God.
He always goes in circle whenever he doesn't have answer or simply evades the questions just like a typical theist.
CunningLinguist

Umatilla, FL

#22805 Aug 28, 2014
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true. Once I asked another question to MUQ as to why he believes that no other proposed model of God other than "Allah" can be the real existing God.He rationalized his belief by saying that "Allah" is the best model among all Gods.It was like a child saying his favorite superhero is the only true superhero.Whenever I asked for proof of their God his answer was always "Quran".
And when I asked as to why he believes in "Quran" he replied Quran is message of God.
He always goes in circle whenever he doesn't have answer or simply evades the questions just like a typical theist.
Speaking of Allah...

Dear Allah,

I hope you get this letter, as I’m in a great deal of doubt.
I don’t get your Divine Plan, what’s it all about?

There you are, before a creation to fill
Nothing but Allah, he, himself and his will,

Perhaps you were lonely, though even then you knew.
You’d create angels, to obey and worship you.

Maybe this wasn’t enough, you were not amused,
But why you created Satan, just leaves me bemused

You gave man a mind and a freewill to choose
Then demanded he believe in irrational, contradictory clues

While keeping yourself hidden from all verification
Threatening torture if we don’t prostrate in supplication

You sent prophets and books to a patch of land
And miracles galore to that sacred area of sand

But before man can scientifically record and corroborate
You decide communications must now mysteriously terminate

You say you are testing mankind — to see who is true
Though saint and sinner, you already knew

But worse than this is the consequence of this test
It’s results are iniquitous — perverse at best

Those, who accept on faith, myths handed down
Will enjoy eternal bliss and never have to frown

While those who insist on reasoning with their brain
Will be sent to the fire of Hell to suffer eternal pain

Dear Allah none of this makes sense to me
Please tell me if there is something I’ve failed to see

And I don’t understand when so many suffer and die
What is the reason — I cannot see why?

Was it a test for the baby, her father or mother
Or was she sacrificed to test someone other?

When you planned all this did you count every tear
Was your ultimate purpose that we tremble in fear

And when all are in Heaven or Hell — as dictated by fate
Will you sit back on your throne to shouts of “Allah is Great”?

&sn s=em

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#22806 Aug 28, 2014
Here's another take. I am particularly taken with Penn's condemnation of tribalism and the idea that people who disagree with each other should still be able to get along and enjoy mutual respect. That's been the whole point of the playful, albeit off-topic, interludes that Patrick and I have been tossing back and forth.

Have a look:

Patrick

United States

#22807 Aug 28, 2014
Getting along with your mates has its own rewards, good coffee and good conversation
CunningLinguist

Umatilla, FL

#22808 Aug 28, 2014
NightSerf wrote:
Here's another take. I am particularly taken with Penn's condemnation of tribalism and the idea that people who disagree with each other should still be able to get along and enjoy mutual respect. That's been the whole point of the playful, albeit off-topic, interludes that Patrick and I have been tossing back and forth.
Have a look:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =i3LnVa7zXgcXX
It was interesting.

Catch-22 in these forums you have people that are religious extremists, The decorum you would like to see is simply not there.

They are angry at people who don't share their viewpoint. They're not here to discuss the merits of atheism - to the contrary they're here to proselytize.

These people take pleasure in attacking you with insulting remarks and condemn anyone that doesn't agree with them to the point of juvenile responses.

One cannot Caryonah a conversation or even a good argument in this hostile environment.

I must say I expected much more when I first came to these forms and its been very disappointing.

I expected logic, rational thought and mutual sharing of experiences and ideas... instead I got Bible Thumpers galore.

The amount of ignorance is simply astounding, and confirms that this country is dumbing down year by year.

Patrick is okay but his coffee habit is a bit tedious.

He seems like a reasonable fellow, a good mate to have a nice brew with, in a cozy pub, and discuss life's ironies.

Disclaimer: All spelling errors made by Siri are deliberately left in for my amusement, they are forgiven, will go to paradise and receive 72 dictionaries directly from: Lord Supercalifragilisticexpialidoc ious, the improbable.
MUQ1

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#22809 Aug 29, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
Seeing that life is mainly based on predation, your "Powerful, knowledgeable and Merciful Creator" is indeed a sadistic personality.
Did you try to make a "Model" in which you feed each and every one of the living creatures on this planet.

There are all sort of life forms, some which depend on planets and some which depend on non plant food.

No single model would suffice to sustain all forms of life.

Your comment are like of a person who has no knowledge about the varieties of life forms and their needs.

People who make such "off the cuff" remarks are really people who have no knowledge and even do not have eyes to see the Universe and how it is working.
Thinking

Harlow, UK

#22810 Aug 29, 2014
Subcontinent muslims rape 11 year old abuse victims.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yo...

You're a muslim from the subcontinent, aren't you?
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you try to make a "Model" in which you feed each and every one of the living creatures on this planet.
There are all sort of life forms, some which depend on planets and some which depend on non plant food.
No single model would suffice to sustain all forms of life.
Your comment are like of a person who has no knowledge about the varieties of life forms and their needs.
People who make such "off the cuff" remarks are really people who have no knowledge and even do not have eyes to see the Universe and how it is working.
Patrick

United States

#22811 Aug 29, 2014
Hasty generalization —essentially making a hasty conclusion without considering all of the variables.
One event .....thus all are guilty
LOL
Patrick

United States

#22812 Aug 29, 2014
Everyone knows the universe exists in three dimensions, right? Maybe not. For some time now serious physicists have been pondering the seemingly absurd possibility that three-dimensional space is merely an illusion--and that we actually live in a two-dimensional "hologram."

And now scientists at the Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory in Illinois have launched a mind-blowing experiment to show once and for all what sort of universe we live in.

"We want to find out whether space-time is a quantum system just like matter is," Dr. Craig Hogan, director of Fermilab's Center for Particle Astrophysics, said in a written statement. "If we see something, it will completely change ideas about space we've used for thousands of years."

According to quantum theory's uncertainty principle, it's impossible to know both the precise location and the exact velocity of a subatomic particle. If the same uncertainty principle applies to space as well as to matter, space too should have built-in fluctuations--a.k.a. "quantum jitter" or "holographic noise," according to the statement.

The 21 scientists involved in the experiment will look for the jitter with the help of an exquisitely sensitive device known as a Holometer. It produces laser beams 200,000 times brighter than a laser pointer and, with the help of an optical technique known as interferometry, measures jitter in the beams as small as a few billionths of a billionth of a meter.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/29/spac...
MUQ1

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#22813 Aug 30, 2014
CL wrote:
The burden of proof is on you.

You've made claim modern science has proven wrong. Think FOSSIL... Then find dinosaur in your book... Odd, they are missing, like your logic.

And as Carl Sagan stated "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence "

Your bible is not evidence, it is entirely hearsay.

Reality is a word you do not understand, yours is a fantasy world.

Feel free to illustrate your tenuous grasp of reality and how you feel the world will deal with the advanced automatism, robotics, android development, quantum computing, the fast appearing world beyond work, where all religious concepts are abruptly dumped without ceremony.
Ans.

01. Quran is not the book of Science or Math or Engineering or Medicine…it is a book of Guidance the defines what is the purpose of human lives on this earth and what is going to happen to them when the die.

There are no extraordinary claims, in fact the people who think “There is no purpose of life and NOTHING happens to people when they die…. They are making extraordinary claims without any proof.

02. How illogical is to see the Universe in front of us and some of its secrets are revealed to us and much more is still hidden from our eyes.

In fact we are not even aware of what is happening now in the extreme corners of Universe, because the signals would reach to us after a “Few Billion Years”!!

If you think that such a Universe could come by itself, then it is you who should get your head examined not me.

03. This is “Real Reality” and not the “Virtual Reality” you seem to be living in.

Mumbai, India

#22814 Aug 30, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. Quran is not the book of Science or Math or Engineering or Medicine…it is a book of Guidance the defines what is the purpose of human lives on this earth and what is going to happen to them when the die.
There are no extraordinary claims, in fact the people who think “There is no purpose of life and NOTHING happens to people when they die…. They are making extraordinary claims without any proof.
02. How illogical is to see the Universe in front of us and some of its secrets are revealed to us and much more is still hidden from our eyes.
In fact we are not even aware of what is happening now in the extreme corners of Universe, because the signals would reach to us after a “Few Billion Years”!!
If you think that such a Universe could come by itself, then it is you who should get your head examined not me.
03. This is “Real Reality” and not the “Virtual Reality” you seem to be living in.
1.MUQ,when you talk about purpose of life you need to realize the fact that it is quite subjective.We can talk all day long what is the purpose of life but yet it would be very hard to give any conclusion of such discussion a status of an objective notion. It is futile to insist on purpose of our lives mentioned in Quran because such a "subjective notion" cannot be evaluated .But on the other hand,there are many aspects of Quran that deals with objectivity and make analysis of Quran possible. Since you admit Quran is inconsistent with Science and Maths it could not be a message of a super-intelligent God.
No one is claiming here that there is no purpose of life. We atheists have our own "purpose of life".
2.Your God seems to be far more extraordinary than universe and yet he allegedly exists without any causation.How fair it is to see only one side of a coin?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 hr Science 83,138
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... Sat Science 2,565
High School Atheism Nov 14 Reason Personified 3
Reasoning with Insanity (Jun '16) Nov 14 Reason Personified 106
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Nov 14 Eagle 12 - 3,988
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... (May '17) Nov 6 Frindly 1,175
a prayer of salvation for those who are willing Oct 24 xfrodobagginsx 1
More from around the web