Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24182 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

religionisillnes s

London, UK

#22747 Aug 17, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax and cook up good home cooked meal in old London-town?
Steak and Kidney Pie an English favorite ?
Cheers and Good fortune, Enjoy your day
Its because you're a gutless coward that you can't face up to the fact that your Creationist Cult has no evidence of god and are liars that should be in jail for fraud.
religionisillnes s

London, UK

#22748 Aug 17, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask the Queen over or some local minor nobility for Steak and kidney Pie
It's important to cook the meat a day ahead, so that you can discard any fat that has risen to the top, and so that the pastry doesn't slump in the face of a too-warm filling, so up to 48 hours ahead -make the pastry. Whizz the flour and a pinch of fine sea salt together for a few seconds in a food processor, then add the butter and whizz until the mixture looks like coarse breadcrumbs. Whisk together the egg yolk and 3 tbsp water and whizz with the pastry until it collects in a ball. Wrap in cling film and leave it to rest in the fridge for at least one hour.
Cut button-mushroom-sized lobes of kidney from the white central core (discarding). Cut the beef into bite-sized cubes and cut the mushrooms into chunks.
Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large, heavy frying pan over a medium-high heat. Throw in the kidney and fry until lightly coloured. Tip into a colander to drain.
Wipe out the frying pan and return it to a low-medium heat, adding 25g/1oz of the butter and 1 tbsp oil. Tip in the onion and fry for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft and slightly golden. Transfer to a large casserole, using a slotted spoon.
Preheat the oven to 160C/gas 3/fan 140C. Tip the 85g/3oz flour into a large plastic bag, and season it generously. Throw in the beef and shake until lightly floured.Return the frying pan to a mediumhigh heat, adding a little more oil and butter if needed. Shake off any excess flour (reserving it) then fry the beef in batches until golden-brown. As each batch is done, transfer it to the casserole.
Adding more oil and butter to the frying pan if necessary, fry the mushrooms for about 2 minutes until starting to wilt, then add them to the casserole with the drained kidneys, hot water, bouillon powder and bay leaf, plus the excess flour in the bag if you like a thick gravy. Stir well, cover and cook in the oven for 75-90 minutes until the meat is tender and the sauce is thick. Cool thoroughly, then put in the fridge (preferably overnight) so any fat will solidify – it can then be skimmed off and discarded.
In the morning - return the pastry to cool room temperature, then roll it out thinly on a wellfloured surface. Invert a 28-30x23cm, 6.5cm deep pie dish on to the pastry. Mentally add an extra 1cm all round, then use the dish as a guide to cut out the pastry lid. From the remnants, cut out enough 6cm-wide strips of pastry to go round the dish – they should cover the flat rim and about halfway down the insides.
Lightly butter the rim of the dish and line it with the strip(s) of pastry, sealing any joins with a little dab of water. Butter the shoulders of a pie raiser or an upturned egg cup and stand it in the middle. Spoon in the meat mixture to come level with the top of the dish. Don’t overfill: reserve any excess gravy to serve hot with the pie.
Brush the pastry rim with a little water, then drape the pastry lid over it, pinching the edges to seal. Cover with cling film and keep in the fridge if not baking immediately.
Finally, an hour before serving - preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6/fan 180C. Make four slashes in the lid of the pie, then brush with the egg wash. Bake for 35-45 minutes until the pastry is golden brown, turning the heat down 10-20º after about 20 minutes. Remove the pie from the oven and leave it to rest for around 10 minutes before cutting into it.
--
Shut off the computer,
cook up a storm
and start enjoying life in London.
cheers !
You cannot spam your way to salvation, oh ignorant one.
Patrick

United States

#22749 Aug 17, 2014
religionisillness wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot.......... one.
Rick Perry had reshaped his image as he considered a second bid for the White House – ditching his cowboy boots, sporting fashionable glasses and travelling the country making speeches designed to make him appear statesmanlike to a national audience.

The optics, though, will be much less favourable this week, when the Texas governor is expected to turn himself in at the Travis County jail in Austin and be formally booked on charges of abuse of power. Hipster eyewear or not, it will be hard for Perry to look presidential in a police mugshot.

On Sunday, he repeated the stern reaction to the charges he first made in Austin on Saturday. Speaking to Fox News, he said:“Across the board, you’re seeing people weigh in, reflecting that this is way out of the norm. This is not the way we settle political differences in this country. You don’t do it with indictments. We do it at the ballot box.”

Despite Perry’s outraged public reaction, the indictment will not have come as a complete surprise. Even while he has relished a return to the spotlight in recent months thanks to his assertive stance on the border crisis, the threat of serious legal trouble has been skulking in the background. A grand jury was convened to investigate his conduct back in April; since June, Texas taxpayers have footed an $80,000 bill for his high-powered attorney, according to the New York Times
religionisillnes s

London, UK

#22752 Aug 21, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Rick Perry had reshaped his image as he considered a second bid for the White House – ditching his cowboy boots, sporting fashionable glasses and travelling the country making speeches designed to make him appear statesmanlike to a national audience.
The optics, though, will be much less favourable this week, when the Texas governor is expected to turn himself in at the Travis County jail in Austin and be formally booked on charges of abuse of power. Hipster eyewear or not, it will be hard for Perry to look presidential in a police mugshot.
On Sunday, he repeated the stern reaction to the charges he first made in Austin on Saturday. Speaking to Fox News, he said:“Across the board, you’re seeing people weigh in, reflecting that this is way out of the norm. This is not the way we settle political differences in this country. You don’t do it with indictments. We do it at the ballot box.”
Despite Perry’s outraged public reaction, the indictment will not have come as a complete surprise. Even while he has relished a return to the spotlight in recent months thanks to his assertive stance on the border crisis, the threat of serious legal trouble has been skulking in the background. A grand jury was convened to investigate his conduct back in April; since June, Texas taxpayers have footed an $80,000 bill for his high-powered attorney, according to the New York Times
no such thing as god, spam all you like, won't make your illness real
mannnu81

Wildomar, CA

#22753 Aug 21, 2014
This is so interesting. Islam is set to conquer the west by 2038 and atheism to conquer religion by 2038?
Are you guys so daft? These two things are related!
When you say religion, you must mean Christian thought in society.
Islam isn't going to be conquered by a bunch of liberal thinkers.
The only thing liberal thinkers do is ridicule Christian thought from society, but then they have to deal with Islam.
And Muslims are not going to be willing to debate with you about how there's no God. The muslim is going to cut your throat from ear to ear as you ponder of where your liberal philosophy wasn't clear enough, and how much more could have been done to appease him and his values
CunningLinguist

Umatilla, FL

#22754 Aug 21, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax and cook up good home cooked meal in old London-town?
Steak and Kidney Pie an English favorite ?
Cheers and Good fortune, Enjoy your day
I prefer a cup of espresso and Spotted Dick.
CunningLinguist

Umatilla, FL

#22755 Aug 21, 2014
mannnu81 wrote:
This is so interesting. Islam is set to conquer the west by 2038 and atheism to conquer religion by 2038?
Are you guys so daft? These two things are related!
When you say religion, you must mean Christian thought in society.
Islam isn't going to be conquered by a bunch of liberal thinkers.
The only thing liberal thinkers do is ridicule Christian thought from society, but then they have to deal with Islam.
And Muslims are not going to be willing to debate with you about how there's no God. The muslim is going to cut your throat from ear to ear as you ponder of where your liberal philosophy wasn't clear enough, and how much more could have been done to appease him and his values
"peace on earth?"
Not as long as any religion exists
mannnu81

Wildomar, CA

#22756 Aug 21, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
"peace on earth?"
Not as long as any religion exists
You fool.
Europe has been deeply religious and peaceful for generations. The people that created the most wars and crime were atheists, Communists, nazis, catholics.
It was faith that united Europe against Islam. Now you're all angry about the Islam situation, but nothing is unifying you to combat the threat.
Patrick

United States

#22757 Aug 21, 2014
Religion and non belief both have caused wars in history if we cherry pick.
Getting along and respecting each others views seems the best course of action.
And enjoying well brewed coffee of course
mannnu81

Wildomar, CA

#22758 Aug 21, 2014
Patrick wrote:
Religion and non belief both have caused wars in history if we cherry pick.
Getting along and respecting each others views seems the best course of action.
And enjoying well brewed coffee of course
This is wish full thinking. In perspective with the issue at hand, which is the Islamic threat your solution is bull
carsicocugu

Miami, FL

#22759 Aug 21, 2014
as long as there is muslims, believing in creators will remain a human condition.
mannnu81

Wildomar, CA

#22760 Aug 21, 2014
carsicocugu wrote:
as long as there is muslims, believing in creators will remain a human condition.
Restate that, as long as there's Muslims, the condition of having your throat slit for not awknoledge their creator remains
CunningLinguist

Umatilla, FL

#22762 Aug 21, 2014
mannnu81 wrote:
<quoted text>
You fool.
Europe has been deeply religious and peaceful for generations. The people that created the most wars and crime were atheists, Communists, nazis, catholics.
It was faith that united Europe against Islam. Now you're all angry about the Islam situation, but nothing is unifying you to combat the threat.
Angry no - Amused yes

There's nothing special about Islam.

One organized superstition is as good as the other. But the fact remains they are all superstition.

Ask yourself this question...
If a alien spacecraft landed on earth,
Do you think it's occupants will care what religious beliefs we hold?

Sad commentary here... Do you recognize what book it's from?

He brought those of the People of the Scripture who supported them down from their strongholds, and cast panic into their hearts. Some ye slew, and ye made captive some.--33:26

Remember it is only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize...
There is always a way to solve problems without violence.
mannnu81

Wildomar, CA

#22763 Aug 21, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Angry no - Amused yes
There's nothing special about Islam.
One organized superstition is as good as the other. But the fact remains they are all superstition.
Ask yourself this question...
If a alien spacecraft landed on earth,
Do you think it's occupants will care what religious beliefs we hold?
Sad commentary here... Do you recognize what book it's from?
He brought those of the People of the Scripture who supported them down from their strongholds, and cast panic into their hearts. Some ye slew, and ye made captive some.--33:26
Remember it is only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize...
There is always a way to solve problems without violence.
Said a man that uses alien scenario to make his point
mannnu81

Wildomar, CA

#22764 Aug 21, 2014
The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
Although I have to sadly agree, one can only hope. Religion preys on the guilt, pain, and hoplessness of humanity. It demands indoctrination from birth, so as to continue and propagate it's parasitic hold on humanity. The good news is, that more and more people are leaving the myth behind. As people become better and better educated, they will eventually outgrow the infantile need for an invisible sky-gremlin, and will lose the fear that religion uses to keep the sheep in line. I may not see it in my lifetime, but I hope my children or at worst my grandchildren will one day see a world void of the plauge that is religion.
That's garbage. Some of the smartest people in the world are faithful and religious. There's plenty that grew religious and quit being religious, and vice versa. Some become religious later in life: they need the structure and the company of self controlled people.
Don't forget, that some of the most intelligent atheists died syphilitic, some crazy, and many, like Nietzsche - insane. Atheism is no badge of honor. It's s license to do whatever you want that is not punishable by law or get caught doing it.
That's the very reason people turn to religion later in life - they're trying to put their life back together.
Science never lead people to golden age. We're right Bach to stone age emotionally -> back then people feared thunder, lighting, rain etc
Now that we got more refined, we all got spooked by global warming and CO2.
Remember, it was the scientific community that was leading the lemming charge over the edge of common sense. The so - called enlightened strata of society whipping everyone into a frenzy of law passing and tax traps. Clap*clap*clap*
CunningLinguist

Umatilla, FL

#22765 Aug 21, 2014
mannnu81 wrote:
<quoted text>
Said a man that uses alien scenario to make his point
Says a man that uses a alien scenario to give credence his imaginary god, an alien being itself.

You can tell whether a person is clever by their answers.
You can tell whether a person is wise by their questions.

I think we know what category you fall into.

"God is an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance."
~ Neil DeGrasse Tyson
mannnu81

Wildomar, CA

#22766 Aug 21, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Says a man that uses a alien scenario to give credence his imaginary god, an alien being itself.
You can tell whether a person is clever by their answers.
You can tell whether a person is wise by their questions.
I think we know what category you fall into.
"God is an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance."
~ Neil DeGrasse Tyson
You do realize that God was here first. He's not alien.
Religion existed many years, and millions of people testify of having met and spent with God or his angels, or even Satan or demons.
Atheism is fairly new on the scene. Few hundred years tops. Atheism is the biggest lie thrust upon humanity. All evidence both is the complexity and grandness of nature and the perplexity of human behavior.
Neil DeGrasses quote is pointless when considering who God is and whom He claims to be. Just because we find out how He did it, doesn't mean He didn't do it. He used the example of Isaac Newton and how he thought God held the planets, but them newton found out it was gravity, not God.
That's like saying you thought an engineer makes the car go, but then you figured out that is gasoline turning an engine that makes the car go. DeGrasses logic is infantile
mannnu81

Wildomar, CA

#22767 Aug 21, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Says a man that uses a alien scenario to give credence his imaginary god, an alien being itself.
You can tell whether a person is clever by their answers.
You can tell whether a person is wise by their questions.
I think we know what category you fall into.
"God is an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance."
~ Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Atheists are like radios without receiving antennas. There is much music, but all they play is static.
The antenna is faith
religionisillnes s

London, UK

#22768 Aug 21, 2014
mannnu81 wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists are like radios without receiving antennas. There is much music, but all they play is static.
The antenna is faith
You only really get to open your mouth, when you liars have some evidence of the god you keep trying to lie to atheists about.
mannnu81

Wildomar, CA

#22769 Aug 21, 2014
religionisillness wrote:
<quoted text>
You only really get to open your mouth, when you liars have some evidence of the god you keep trying to lie to atheists about.
Noone really put you in charge of anyone's mouth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) 15 min St Elmos Fire 131
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 18 min one way or another 57,889
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 35 min Eagle 12 1,781
News The Atheist Delusion': Ray Comfort's Masterpiece (Jun '16) 3 hr Eagle 12 78
Religion is the cause of war and most suffering... (Apr '16) 3 hr Eagle 12 160
Who Is Satan The Devil? Is He Real? (Jan '16) 3 hr Eagle 12 30
News Uyboco: An atheist who believes In God (Aug '16) 3 hr Eagle 12 4
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 hr Ragmar 27,248
More from around the web