Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24178 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#22725 Aug 3, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you find truth? Whatever comes in your twisted mind and twisted reasoning might not be truth but falsehood.
How would you separate truth from the falsehood? What are the criterion?
I separate truth from falsehood through reason.Simple as that.There is no logical fallacy in my questions and doubts.If my questions weren't reasonable why wouldn't you point out the fallacies that I making?
Patrick

United States

#22726 Aug 4, 2014
Brace yourselves, "Big Bang Theory" fans: Production on the CBS comedy has been put on pause.

Warner Bros. Television, which shares a parent company with CNN, has confirmed that because of "ongoing contract negotiations," production on "The Big Bang Theory's" eighth season has been postponed. It was originally scheduled to begin on Wednesday.

In March, CBS renewed "The Big Bang Theory," which has been viewers' No. 1 comedy since the 2010-2011 season, for three more years.

But according to The Hollywood Reporter, which first reported on the production holdup, stars Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Johnny Galecki, Kunal Nayyar and Simon Helberg have yet to reach a new contract deal with WBTV.

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

#22727 Aug 4, 2014
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>I separate truth from falsehood through reason.Simple as that.There is no logical fallacy in my questions and doubts.If my questions weren't reasonable why wouldn't you point out the fallacies that I making?
What reason you use to separate truth from falsehood, is there any "Standard Scale" of this Reason?

I find that "Only Reason" you have is to have doubt and reject any piece of truth that is told to you, on the other hand you lap up bit and pieces of every falsehood that comes in your way.

What qualifies you to be a "Reasonable Person"?

If you permit me, I will ask you questions on any thing in which you believe and then let us find out how reasonable you are in believing in that.
religionisillnes s

London, UK

#22728 Aug 4, 2014
Robin wrote:
Atheists are pathetic losers who get angry at and judge something that doesnt exist. I am amazed at those wastes of space that they are.
poor troll is angry when his imagination is questioned

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#22729 Aug 5, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What reason you use to separate truth from falsehood, is there any "Standard Scale" of this Reason?
I find that "Only Reason" you have is to have doubt and reject any piece of truth that is told to you, on the other hand you lap up bit and pieces of every falsehood that comes in your way.
If you permit me, I will ask you questions on any thing in which you believe and then let us find out how reasonable you are in believing in that.
You believe in a book that clearly states the sun sets in a muddy spring (18:86) and then you accuse us of rejecting 'truth'?!

Mumbai, India

#22730 Aug 5, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Reason itself is a standard scale.Are there different kinds of rationality?You want us to accept your belief on face value without asking reasonable doubts.Am I responsible if you can't answer my questions?
Truth can be recognized by a person if and only if that person holds it as a knowledge without any contradiction with reason. You can't attribute your beliefs as "truths".The word "belief" itself has a connotation of uncertainty.Otherwise,you could have answered all of my doubts.
As far as my beliefs are concerned,I don't profess them as truth because I know my beliefs can be wrong.It is quite possible.I protest your beliefs only because you present them as "truths".If you honestly accept the possibility of falsehood in your faith I am sure all of the atheists on this forum will pat your back virtually.

JUBAIL, KSA

#22731 Aug 6, 2014
FS wrote:
Reason itself is a standard scale.Are there different kinds of rationality?You want us to accept your belief on face value without asking reasonable doubts.Am I responsible if you can't answer my questions?
Truth can be recognized by a person if and only if that person holds it as a knowledge without any contradiction with reason. You can't attribute your beliefs as "truths".The word "belief" itself has a connotation of uncertainty.Otherwise,you could have answered all of my doubts.
As far as my beliefs are concerned,I don't profess them as truth because I know my beliefs can be wrong.It is quite possible.I protest your beliefs only because you present them as "truths".If you honestly accept the possibility of falsehood in your faith I am sure all of the atheists on this forum will pat your back virtually.
Ans.

It is a strange thing about religion and ONLY about religion that every Tom, Dick and Harry becomes an “instant expert”.

In no other field there is so much laxity. If you start speaking about Science, Engineering, Medicine, Carpentry, Masonry, or any other trade…. You will be asked to shut down and first show your qualifications.

Not only academic qualifications but “practical experience” to work as an Apprentice for a long time under a supervisor…

If you speak without academic and / or practical experience, you will not open your mouth.

But when it comes to religious matters, there is neither any qualification, nor any “apprenticeship” needed for that.

Every one becomes an expert and start speaking authoritatively. This is the problem.

Without least amount of knowledge on Islam and any other religion and having picked up a few bits and pieces from here and there, you pose yourself as Prime Example of Knowledge and Reason and logic.

What is the use for such Never Ending Discussions?

I tell you the beliefs of Islam, if you like them, be my guest, if you do not like them we say good by to each other.

I have no intention of such endless discussions, because I do not see any sincerity on your part.

Mumbai, India

#22732 Aug 6, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
It is a strange thing about religion and ONLY about religion that every Tom, Dick and Harry becomes an “instant expert”.
In no other field there is so much laxity. If you start speaking about Science, Engineering, Medicine, Carpentry, Masonry, or any other trade…. You will be asked to shut down and first show your qualifications.
Not only academic qualifications but “practical experience” to work as an Apprentice for a long time under a supervisor…
If you speak without academic and / or practical experience, you will not open your mouth.
But when it comes to religious matters, there is neither any qualification, nor any “apprenticeship” needed for that.
Every one becomes an expert and start speaking authoritatively. This is the problem.
Without least amount of knowledge on Islam and any other religion and having picked up a few bits and pieces from here and there, you pose yourself as Prime Example of Knowledge and Reason and logic.
What is the use for such Never Ending Discussions?
I tell you the beliefs of Islam, if you like them, be my guest, if you do not like them we say good by to each other.
I have no intention of such endless discussions, because I do not see any sincerity on your part.
I am not surprised by your response as you have always been puerile towards my skeptical views of your religion.How can you compare Science and Engineering with religion? You're absolutely correct about Science and Engineering as these are subjects that are contingent on experimentation and knowledge that only people with deep insight of these fields could comprehend and are rightfu; to be exponents of scientific theories and developments.Hence,the skeptics should also have the same level of credentials.
Religion,on other hand,is open to everyone and every Tom,Dick and Harry can claim himself to be Christian,Muslim or Hindu as it only takes faith to be qualified as a religious person.If religion is tantamount to Science then only Mullahs and Swamis should be claiming themselves to be religious as only they flaunt the expertise in their respective faiths.Tell me how much you know about Islam more than other ordinary Muslim?How much you know about Christianity,Hinduism or Buddhism that you have chosen Islam as your sole faith and labeled it as the "best religion" ? When you have chosen Islam as the "best religion" then I would like to know why others religion couldn't be best before your eyes and how much study you have done on those religions .And I am pretty much sure you haven't really studied any of those religions fully to the extent that you can claim yourself as expert of those religions.Yet you feel those religions are false.Why?Because it only takes blind faith to be a Muslim and no knowledge!Hence,like believers,skeptics can be ignorant too and question believers through reason since belief is not knowledge and can be differentiated belief from the truth through reason ..If Islam was mere a belief system then it wouldn't have attracted so many detractors.But it is a strong political ideology under the guise of ethical system which has sparkled many violent incidences throughout its history.It has created nations,caused wars,rapes,murders,etc.It promotes hate for Non-Muslims.It promotes misogyny and challenges modern humanistic values without having any reasonable foundation like Science.It plays such a huge role in the world that its very existence should be questioned.Hence,Muslim should be asked as to why an ideology that seems not only irrational but dangerous to us is seen as divine messages among them.We want to know if is it us or you who have misunderstood Islam .It should be debated around the world just like we have been doing to verify its supposed authenticity through reason
Atheist12

Belfast, UK

#22734 Aug 9, 2014
74630AB4 - anyone with the bbm app please add me as I would enjoy a good discussion/debate on the religion vs atheism battle! No age restrictions or anything open to adds from everyone!

JUBAIL, KSA

#22735 Aug 9, 2014
Atheist12 wrote:
74630AB4 - anyone with the bbm app please add me as I would enjoy a good discussion/debate on the religion vs atheism battle! No age restrictions or anything open to adds from everyone!
What is battle? It is one sided army.

Atheists have no ground at all.....what they deal is in negation.

They even cannot have any POSITIVE definition of what Atheism is.

How can we have any discussion / debate with such people?

Andheri, India

#22736 Aug 10, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What till date you have proved convincingly on topix?I was closely watching your behavior on the other thread titled,"No Muslim can think of profaning Prophet" and what I saw was you presumptuousness and contemptuous howling against Hinduism.While you have no guts or reason to counterargue with us Atheists you were unwaveringly condescending Hinduism when the people on the other side of table were Hindus . Muslims like you would only argue with those who are as blindly pious as you are so you can always evade the question by targeting the vulnerability of their belief system.But while debating with us rationalist you squeak like a mouse and come up with excuses.
Tell me why Islam should be considered as truth when it fails all the tests of rationality ?Why it should get a special privilege over other religion as Islam utterly fails like any other religion when put under skeptical examination?
Thinking

Sidmouth, UK

#22739 Aug 14, 2014
I'm a non believer because of people like you.
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Patrick

United States

#22740 Aug 14, 2014
Belief or non belief seems a personal choice often rapped up in quotes taken out of context. How many angels or atheists can dance on the tip of a needle?
Whatever the philosophy chosen, Intolerance for the beliefs of others reveal weakness
religionisillnes s

East Barnet, UK

#22741 Aug 14, 2014
Robin wrote:
Atheists are pathetic losers who get angry at and judge something that doesnt exist. I am amazed at those wastes of space that they are.
Atheists simply disbelieve the religious lies that idiots with no evidence try to pass off as fact.
religionisillnes s

East Barnet, UK

#22742 Aug 14, 2014
Robin wrote:
Atheists remind me of the babbling idiot at the Freak Show, at the local carnival.'STEP RIGHT UP, FOLKS! FOR JUST TWO BITS, ONE FOURTH OF A DOLLAR, HEAR THE BABBLING IDIOT RANT AND RAVE AT NOTHING!'
It sounds like the Atheist is attracting people to see the idiot believer rant and rave on stage, and making money.

Smart guy.
religionisillnes s

East Barnet, UK

#22743 Aug 14, 2014
Patrick wrote:
Belief or non belief seems a personal choice often rapped up in quotes taken out of context. How many angels or atheists can dance on the tip of a needle?
Whatever the philosophy chosen, Intolerance for the beliefs of others reveal weakness
Ignorant Creationists like Patrick who have no evidence of god get angry when Atheists won't believe in their imagination.
religionisillnes s

East Barnet, UK

#22744 Aug 14, 2014
Patrick wrote:
When arrogant religious idiots try to act out their faith, the result is always more Atheists.
Patrick

United States

#22745 Aug 14, 2014
religionisillness wrote:
<quoted text>
When arrogant religious idiots try to act out their faith, the result is always more Atheists.
Ask the Queen over or some local minor nobility for Steak and kidney Pie

It's important to cook the meat a day ahead, so that you can discard any fat that has risen to the top, and so that the pastry doesn't slump in the face of a too-warm filling, so up to 48 hours ahead -make the pastry. Whizz the flour and a pinch of fine sea salt together for a few seconds in a food processor, then add the butter and whizz until the mixture looks like coarse breadcrumbs. Whisk together the egg yolk and 3 tbsp water and whizz with the pastry until it collects in a ball. Wrap in cling film and leave it to rest in the fridge for at least one hour.

Cut button-mushroom-sized lobes of kidney from the white central core (discarding). Cut the beef into bite-sized cubes and cut the mushrooms into chunks.
Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large, heavy frying pan over a medium-high heat. Throw in the kidney and fry until lightly coloured. Tip into a colander to drain.
Wipe out the frying pan and return it to a low-medium heat, adding 25g/1oz of the butter and 1 tbsp oil. Tip in the onion and fry for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft and slightly golden. Transfer to a large casserole, using a slotted spoon.

Preheat the oven to 160C/gas 3/fan 140C. Tip the 85g/3oz flour into a large plastic bag, and season it generously. Throw in the beef and shake until lightly floured.Return the frying pan to a mediumhigh heat, adding a little more oil and butter if needed. Shake off any excess flour (reserving it) then fry the beef in batches until golden-brown. As each batch is done, transfer it to the casserole.

Adding more oil and butter to the frying pan if necessary, fry the mushrooms for about 2 minutes until starting to wilt, then add them to the casserole with the drained kidneys, hot water, bouillon powder and bay leaf, plus the excess flour in the bag if you like a thick gravy. Stir well, cover and cook in the oven for 75-90 minutes until the meat is tender and the sauce is thick. Cool thoroughly, then put in the fridge (preferably overnight) so any fat will solidify – it can then be skimmed off and discarded.

In the morning - return the pastry to cool room temperature, then roll it out thinly on a wellfloured surface. Invert a 28-30x23cm, 6.5cm deep pie dish on to the pastry. Mentally add an extra 1cm all round, then use the dish as a guide to cut out the pastry lid. From the remnants, cut out enough 6cm-wide strips of pastry to go round the dish – they should cover the flat rim and about halfway down the insides.

Lightly butter the rim of the dish and line it with the strip(s) of pastry, sealing any joins with a little dab of water. Butter the shoulders of a pie raiser or an upturned egg cup and stand it in the middle. Spoon in the meat mixture to come level with the top of the dish. Don’t overfill: reserve any excess gravy to serve hot with the pie.

Brush the pastry rim with a little water, then drape the pastry lid over it, pinching the edges to seal. Cover with cling film and keep in the fridge if not baking immediately.
Finally, an hour before serving - preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6/fan 180C. Make four slashes in the lid of the pie, then brush with the egg wash. Bake for 35-45 minutes until the pastry is golden brown, turning the heat down 10-20º after about 20 minutes. Remove the pie from the oven and leave it to rest for around 10 minutes before cutting into it.
--
Shut off the computer,
cook up a storm
and start enjoying life in London.
cheers !
Patrick

United States

#22746 Aug 14, 2014
religionisillness wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax and cook up good home cooked meal in old London-town?
Steak and Kidney Pie an English favorite ?
Cheers and Good fortune, Enjoy your day
religionisillnes s

London, UK

#22747 Aug 17, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax and cook up good home cooked meal in old London-town?
Steak and Kidney Pie an English favorite ?
Cheers and Good fortune, Enjoy your day
Its because you're a gutless coward that you can't face up to the fact that your Creationist Cult has no evidence of god and are liars that should be in jail for fraud.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) 8 min blacklagoon 3 41
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 11 min Simon 79,797
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 21 hr Science 32,576
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) Sep 16 blacklagoon 3 91
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Sep 15 xfrodobagginsx 101
News Atheist billboards to mock Romney, Obama faith (Aug '12) Sep 15 superwilly 47
what science will NEVER be able to prove Sep 15 Me _ Myself _ I 8
More from around the web