Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24182 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Patrick

United States

#22656 Jul 21, 2014
"I have all this spare time on my hands."
LOL

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#22657 Jul 21, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Your face looks like a turd with a helmet on.
You are still loking at yourself in a mirror everytime you are replying
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#22658 Jul 22, 2014
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
You are still loking at yourself in a mirror everytime you are replying
How do you know what he looks like?

The picture in his avatar is somebodys thumb with the tip coloured in darkly.
Patrick

United States

#22659 Jul 22, 2014
An aide to Rick Perry is confident that the Texas Governor proved he “has what it takes to be President” with his decision on Monday to send troops somewhere for no reason.

By deploying a thousand National Guardsmen to the U.S.-Mexico border, Perry has shown that as President he would be “ready and willing” to use troops without a defined objective, mission, or exit strategy, the aide confirmed.

“Sending troops someplace with no clear idea of why they are going or what they are supposed to be doing once they get there is a key part of the Presidential skill set,” said the aide, Harland Dorrinson.“Rick Perry has just shown that he’s got that nailed down.”

Dorrinson acknowledged that the gold standard for using troops for no reason might have been set by Perry’s predecessor in Texas, George W. Bush, but added,“If anyone can beat that record, it’s Rick.”

According to the aide, Perry’s “extremely Presidential response” to the immigration crisis is already winning him the praise of G.O.P. voters.“Nothing unites Republicans more than standing up to children,” he said.
religionisillnes s

London, UK

#22660 Jul 22, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you pleas make your posts longer and more insipid?
I have all this spare time on my hands.
Same can be said about your bible.
Patrick

United States

#22661 Jul 22, 2014
According to the aide, Perry’s “extremely Presidential response” to the immigration crisis is already winning him the praise of G.O.P.
voters.

“Nothing unites Republicans more than standing up to children,” he said.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#22662 Jul 22, 2014
Patrick wrote:
An aide to Rick Perry is confident that the Texas Governor proved he “has what it takes to be President” with his decision on Monday to send troops somewhere for no reason.
By deploying a thousand National Guardsmen to the U.S.-Mexico border, Perry has shown that as President he would be “ready and willing” to use troops without a defined objective, mission, or exit strategy, the aide confirmed.
“Sending troops someplace with no clear idea of why they are going or what they are supposed to be doing once they get there is a key part of the Presidential skill set,” said the aide, Harland Dorrinson.“Rick Perry has just shown that he’s got that nailed down.”
Dorrinson acknowledged that the gold standard for using troops for no reason might have been set by Perry’s predecessor in Texas, George W. Bush, but added,“If anyone can beat that record, it’s Rick.”
According to the aide, Perry’s “extremely Presidential response” to the immigration crisis is already winning him the praise of G.O.P. voters.“Nothing unites Republicans more than standing up to children,” he said.
Dorrinson is a liar and an America-hater.

Nice choice for your quotations.
Patrick

United States

#22663 Jul 22, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Dorrinson is a liar and an America-hater.
Nice choice for your quotations.
In what may be the most serious allegation ever made against the former Secretary of State, Fox News Channel reported today that Hillary Clinton was involved in the conspiracy to murder President Abraham Lincoln.

The latest charge against Mrs. Clinton was reported by Fox host Sean Hannity, who said that the evidence of her role in the Lincoln assassination came mainly in the form of e-mails.

According to Mr. Hannity,“If it’s true that Hillary Clinton killed Lincoln, this could have a major impact on her chances in 2016.”

The accusation against Mrs. Clinton drew a strong response from Sen. Lindsey Graham (R.—S. Carolina):“There’s been a concerted effort by Hillary Clinton to cover up her role in President Lincoln’s murder. She has said nothing about it. This is bigger than Watergate, the Cuban missile crisis, and the Second World War put together.”

Responding to the allegation, Mrs. Clinton issued a terse statement indicating that she could not have participated in Lincoln’s assassination because she was born in 1947.

“That’s what she wants us to believe,” Sen. Graham said.

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#22664 Jul 22, 2014
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know what he looks like?
The picture in his avatar is somebodys thumb with the tip coloured in darkly.
he told me that he looks like a turd ...
Thinking

Salisbury, UK

#22665 Jul 23, 2014
Because over 75% of the people on this planet do not believe in your god?

Because 76% of young adults (18-25) in the UK have no religion at all?

Your blind belief is dying.
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why I have to prove it, only BLIND would look at all this universe and PROVE that it created itself or just came by chance.
Patrick

United States

#22666 Jul 23, 2014
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Statistics LOL

"Often when they do I throw out my favorite statistic:

73.6% of all statistics are made up. I say it deadpanned.

Often I’ll get some people look at me like,“really?”“It’s true. Nielsen just released the number last month.”

No. It’s irony.

Or as Mark Twain popularized the quote most attributed to the Prime Minister of Great Britain, Benjamin Disraeli,“there are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies and statistics.” The quote is meant to highlight the deceiving but persuasive power of numbers.

In the end make sure you’re suspicious of all data. Ask yourself the obvious questions:

- who did the primary research on this analysis?

- who paid them? Nobody does this stuff free. You’re either paid up front “sponsored research” or you’re paid on the back-end in terms of clients buying research reports.

- what motives might these people have had?

- who was in the sample set? how big was it? was it inclusive enough?

- and the important thing about data for me … I ingest it religiously. I use it as one source of figuring out my version of the truth. And then I triangulate. I look for more sources if I want a truer picture.

I always try to think to myself,“what would the opposing side of this data analysis use to argue its weaknesses?”

Statistics aren’t evil. They’re just a bit like the weather – hard to really predict.
And as they say about economists and weathermen – they’re the only two jobs you can keep while being wrong nearly 100% of the time "
Thinking

Salisbury, UK

#22667 Jul 23, 2014
Why would you predict a statistic instead of calculating one? godbotherer logic?

This restaurant was once a church. Fact.

http://www.churchhousebanbury.co.uk/
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Statistics LOL
"Often when they do I throw out my favorite statistic:
73.6% of all statistics are made up. I say it deadpanned.
Often I’ll get some people look at me like,“really?”“It’s true. Nielsen just released the number last month.”
No. It’s irony.
Or as Mark Twain popularized the quote most attributed to the Prime Minister of Great Britain, Benjamin Disraeli,“there are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies and statistics.” The quote is meant to highlight the deceiving but persuasive power of numbers.
In the end make sure you’re suspicious of all data. Ask yourself the obvious questions:
- who did the primary research on this analysis?
- who paid them? Nobody does this stuff free. You’re either paid up front “sponsored research” or you’re paid on the back-end in terms of clients buying research reports.
- what motives might these people have had?
- who was in the sample set? how big was it? was it inclusive enough?
- and the important thing about data for me … I ingest it religiously. I use it as one source of figuring out my version of the truth. And then I triangulate. I look for more sources if I want a truer picture.
I always try to think to myself,“what would the opposing side of this data analysis use to argue its weaknesses?”
Statistics aren’t evil. They’re just a bit like the weather – hard to really predict.
And as they say about economists and weathermen – they’re the only two jobs you can keep while being wrong nearly 100% of the time "

Location hidden

#22668 Jul 23, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
In what may be the most serious allegation ever made against the former Secretary of State, Fox News Channel reported today that Hillary Clinton was involved in the conspiracy to murder President Abraham Lincoln.
The latest charge against Mrs. Clinton was reported by Fox host Sean Hannity, who said that the evidence of her role in the Lincoln assassination came mainly in the form of e-mails.
According to Mr. Hannity,“If it’s true that Hillary Clinton killed Lincoln, this could have a major impact on her chances in 2016.”
The accusation against Mrs. Clinton drew a strong response from Sen. Lindsey Graham (R.—S. Carolina):“There’s been a concerted effort by Hillary Clinton to cover up her role in President Lincoln’s murder. She has said nothing about it. This is bigger than Watergate, the Cuban missile crisis, and the Second World War put together.”
Responding to the allegation, Mrs. Clinton issued a terse statement indicating that she could not have participated in Lincoln’s assassination because she was born in 1947.
“That’s what she wants us to believe,” Sen. Graham said.
So Hillary killed Lincoln.

What difference does it make?

Bwahahahahahahahahhahahahahahh ahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahah ahahhah...
Patrick

United States

#22669 Jul 23, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Why would you predict a statistic instead of calculating one? godbotherer logic?
This restaurant was once a church. Fact.
http://www.churchhousebanbury.co.uk/
<quoted text>
Ilsa: Play it once, Sam. For old times' sake.
Sam:[lying] I don't know what you mean, Miss Ilsa.
Ilsa: Play it, Sam. Play "As Time Goes By."
Sam:[lying] Oh, I can't remember it, Miss Ilsa. I'm a little rusty on it.
Ilsa: I'll hum it for you. Da-dy-da-dy-da-dum, da-dy-da-dee-da-dum...
[Sam begins playing]
Ilsa: Sing it, Sam.
Sam:[singing] You must remember this / A kiss is still a kiss / A sigh is just a sigh / The fundamental things apply / As time goes by./ And when two lovers woo,/ They still say, "I love you" / On that you can rely / No matter what the future brings-...
Rick:[rushing up] Sam, I thought I told you never to play-...
[Sees Ilsa. Sam closes the piano and rolls it away]

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

#22670 Jul 24, 2014
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us wait and watch.

When our Prophet started his mission 1400 years back, only ONE person was believing in his message (He alone).

In 23 years of his mission, the whole Arabia was believing in his message.

And after 1400 years, close to 1.5 Billion people believe in his message.

And Islam is always growing, so you wait and see which is winner in the end.

Wait and watch !!

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

#22671 Jul 24, 2014
PS:

Christians started 600 years before our prophet, and after 2000 years, we are neck to neck with them (if you deduct atheists from those who have Christian sounding names, Christians would be less than the Muslims).

Jews started 2000 years before Christians and they are a minor religion in the world today.

Location hidden

#22672 Jul 24, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
PS:
Christians started 600 years before our prophet, and after 2000 years, we are neck to neck with them (if you deduct atheists from those who have Christian sounding names, Christians would be less than the Muslims).
Jews started 2000 years before Christians and they are a minor religion in the world today.
Not a fair comparison, since you have murdered so many Christians and Jews.

You had help from the predecessors of Hamas and Hezbollah - the Nazis.

Don't tell us you are neck and neck in numbers after you have been trying to exterminate the competition for 1400 years.

Absolute Salami, FUQ1.

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#22673 Jul 24, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us wait and watch.
When our Prophet started his mission 1400 years back, only ONE person was believing in his message (He alone).
Wait and watch !!
Majority of people used to believe earth was flat few centuries ago.Does that negate the fact that earth is not flat?Majority of people now believe marrying 6 year old girl is an act of pedophilia. Do you agree the fact that your prophet was a raging pedophile?
Your argument always has logical fallacy.Your argumentum ad populum does not hold water.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#22674 Jul 24, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us wait and watch.
Wait and watch !!
St Paul was a nobody, a minor rabbi who never even met Jesus and disagreed with his disciples yet he created the largest religion in the world!

What this proves is that truth has nothing to do with religious beliefs.

Since: Dec 06

Charlie's

#22677 Jul 24, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
Let us wait and watch.
And Islam is always growing,.
At the its begining, before Constantinus, Christianism grew peacefully, unlike Islam which spread by military conquests.
Muslim laws dont allow other religions to try and convert muslims
MUQ1 wrote:
so you wait and see which is winner in the end
10 $ on freedom of mind !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 13 min Regolith Based Li... 27,313
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 15 min Subduction Zone 58,257
News Washington court rules against florist in gay w... 2 hr Pence of Tides 54
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 3 hr Dogen 1,945
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) 5 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 167
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) 7 hr Hedonist Heretic 1,947
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 10 hr IB DaMann 5,963
More from around the web