Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24178 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

CunningLinguist

Windermere, FL

#22585 Jul 5, 2014
I think it would do all those inspired by religion of any flavor or color to consider a few obvious things...

It is clear all religions are regional.

The Egyptians can be possibly been given credit to creating the first religion, including a book of the dead and instructions for the afterlife.

The problem with Moses...

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/moses...

Due to the overwhelming amount of scientific errors these holy books possess, you should have great comfort in deciding that there was no divine inspiration, only human imagination.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#22586 Jul 5, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you are speaking with your own ASSUMPTIONS, you have no info and no record.
That is what I said in the beginning, you read his biography, read about his first forty years of life.
How come a person who did not speak any lies and was given the title of "Truthful and Trustworthy" by people of Makkah, suddenly started speaking BIG LIES?
You assumptions are no use, get knowledge and then speak from knowledge.
Perfect people don't exist outside of fairytales.

Who knows what was going on inside his head? Maybe he really believed he was a prophet and managed to justify to himself making up the surahs.~Whatever, the sun still doesn't set in a muddy spring and the Quran is still full of absurd nonsense.

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

#22587 Jul 6, 2014
Trip wrote:
How could the flood cover local mountains but not the whole world? The fluid nature of water means it will always spread out.
MUQ1 wrote:
No one survived except those who were in the Ark, and that according to Quran, did contain "some more people" than the family of Noah.
Human race flourished once again thru these people. It was after Noah that humans spread to all parts of world, before that they were living in one particular area.
The world is full of old civilisations that prove you wrong.
MUQ1 wrote:
Quran does not mention any date for the flood.
This is a failing of the Quran and suggests its author had no idea about time.
MUQ1 wrote:
There are hardly any objection on Quranic version from any side.
But Jews and Christians simply say that Quran just copied it from their books, look at how Quran avoids "all the pitfalls" where Biblical tale has lead into.
This itself is a Big Miracle, which hand "prevented" our prophet not to copy these things?
Omission is not the same as accuracy!

The stories in the Quran read as though Muhammad had heard them but couldn't remember the details. It's this lack of who, what, when, where and why which give Muslims there wiggle room in defending the Quran.
Even so the sun doesn't set in a muddy spring (18:86 http://quran.com/18/86 ) and Hoopee birds can't give long reports on distant civilisations (27/20-28http://quran.com/27/2 0-28 )
Ans.

01. Trying to teach “Fluid Mechanics” to the Creator of this Universe, are you.

Are you aware how many big mountains remain “permanently immersed” is water? The islands are only “tips of some mountains that project out”?

He who has all powers of Universe at His commands, cannot fill one geographical location fill with water?

Quran says that Springs from Earth gushed forth and there was down pour from skies, the rise was so sudden that no one could escape except thos who were “commanded to be in Ark” before the deadline.

All the mention of that great flood is found in folklore of many nations, there would not be any smoke without fire, would it?.

02. For Craetor of Universe, the Creator of Time, there is no difference in past, present and future.

03. The “experts comments” in Quran about “critical mistakes in Bible” shows that “its author” had complete knowledge of these books and where they deviated from truth.

That deep knowledge cannot come out from “hearing some thing while moving on the street”.

04. If you do not know what birds and animals see and communicate, it is your problem. Skills of many animals are used by humans to detect explosives, narcotics and other chemicals. How they smell these?

JUBAIL, KSA

#22588 Jul 6, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfect people don't exist outside of fairytales.
Who knows what was going on inside his head? Maybe he really believed he was a prophet and managed to justify to himself making up the surahs.~Whatever, the sun still doesn't set in a muddy spring and the Quran is still full of absurd nonsense.
I think it is "mud inside your skull" that does not allow you to think straight. There is no cure for this disease.

Someone who does not understand and does not listen to other side.

Location hidden

#22590 Jul 6, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. Trying to teach “Fluid Mechanics” to the Creator of this Universe, are you.
Someone has too.
MUQ1 wrote:
Are you aware how many big mountains remain “permanently immersed” is water? The islands are only “tips of some mountains that project out”?
He who has all powers of Universe at His commands, cannot fill one geographical location fill with water?
Quran says that Springs from Earth gushed forth and there was down pour from skies, the rise was so sudden that no one could escape except thos who were “commanded to be in Ark” before the deadline.
Water spreads outwards not upwards so no it wouldn't cover the mountains.
MUQ1 wrote:
All the mention of that great flood is found in folklore of many nations, there would not be any smoke without fire, would it?.
Floods are common and well understood. They never cover mountians.
MUQ1 wrote:
02. For Creator of Universe, the Creator of Time, there is no difference in past, present and future.
The problem with an unknowable creator is that you can't know anything about him. That includes his perception of time.
MUQ1 wrote:
03. The “experts comments” in Quran about “critical mistakes in Bible” shows that “its author” had complete knowledge of these books and where they deviated from truth.
That deep knowledge cannot come out from “hearing some thing while moving on the street”.
Getting the stories wrong is not the same as correcting them. Missing out who, what, when, where and why is just what we would expect from someone who had heard the stories but couldn't remember the details.
MUQ1 wrote:
04. If you do not know what birds and animals see and communicate, it is your problem. Skills of many animals are used by humans to detect explosives, narcotics and other chemicals. How they smell these?
We know what animals can do and what they can't.
What they can't do (outside of mythologies) is understand and report on the governance of city states.

Location hidden

#22591 Jul 6, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is "mud inside your skull" that does not allow you to think straight. There is no cure for this disease.
Someone who does not understand and does not listen to other side.
Oh I do listen. I read the Quran very carefully and have read many explanations for the problem verses.
It's still nonsense.

JUBAIL, KSA

#22592 Jul 6, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I do listen. I read the Quran very carefully and have read many explanations for the problem verses.
It's still nonsense.
There are no "problem verses" in Quran, it is "dung in your brain" that prevents you from understanding and thinking clearly.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#22593 Jul 6, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no "problem verses" in Quran, it is "dung in your brain" that prevents you from understanding and thinking clearly.
says the dung head himself

Location hidden

#22594 Jul 6, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unsupported assertion.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#22595 Jul 6, 2014
http://whc2014.org.uk/
Religion = superstition
Get over it
Zak

Birmingham, UK

#22596 Jul 6, 2014
I am sorry but I have to say that disagree with what I think is true. Unless you experience religion then you cannot know that absolute joy and freedom of living with its fold of trust and security. Man has always been fragmented into differing parties of opinions and doctrines, that's what truly causes war... Man's and woman's passion for truth, whether it be prescribed, or self-thought. Do not blame religion as the cause of all wars. It is not correct. Man's nature is intrinsically volatile. Religion can calm or destroy a person depending upon that person's true self. I am a muslim and I love God and man. Peace!

JUBAIL, KSA

#22598 Jul 7, 2014
Zak wrote:
I am sorry but I have to say that disagree with what I think is true. Unless you experience religion then you cannot know that absolute joy and freedom of living with its fold of trust and security. Man has always been fragmented into differing parties of opinions and doctrines, that's what truly causes war... Man's and woman's passion for truth, whether it be prescribed, or self-thought. Do not blame religion as the cause of all wars. It is not correct. Man's nature is intrinsically volatile. Religion can calm or destroy a person depending upon that person's true self. I am a muslim and I love God and man. Peace!
Problem with such people is that they are not against war.....they do support their countries war on political and nationalistic or economic grounds..... it is ONLY wars based on religious issues (which by the way are less than 1 % of actual wars fought) which they are against.

Most of this so called "Islamic Terrorist Violence" is because of Political and Economic reason, very less to settle any specific religious issue or to convert some one from one religion to another.

But the media and the hate mongers, post this as "religious wars" and make this much hype.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#22600 Jul 7, 2014
Talk about codswallop:
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Problem with such people is that they are not against war.....they do support their countries war on political and nationalistic or economic grounds..... it is ONLY wars based on religious issues (which by the way are less than 1 % of actual wars fought) which they are against.
Most of this so called "Islamic Terrorist Violence" is because of Political and Economic reason, very less to settle any specific religious issue or to convert some one from one religion to another.
But the media and the hate mongers, post this as "religious wars" and make this much hype.
Religion = superstition
Patrick

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

#22601 Jul 8, 2014
Libertarians have government jobs :-)

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#22602 Jul 8, 2014
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
says the dung head himself
Your face looks like a hubcap.

Location hidden

#22603 Jul 8, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Your face looks like a hubcap.
You look like dog puke

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#22604 Jul 8, 2014
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
You look like dog puke
I'm sorry I said your face looks like a hubcap.

It looks more like a manhole cover where pigeons shit a lot.
Texas

Torrance, CA

#22606 Jul 9, 2014
sigh!

JUBAIL, KSA

#22607 Jul 10, 2014
Now that "mutual insults" part is over and we know which is which, should we move on with the topic of thread?

Location hidden

#22608 Jul 10, 2014
4chan answer

>Implying that this treads topic is followed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Regolith Based Li... 80,087
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) 2 hr Eagle 12 - 173
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 14 hr Eagle 12 - 32,607
what science will NEVER be able to prove 21 hr Eagle 12 - 10
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) 21 hr Eagle 12 - 106
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) 21 hr Eagle 12 - 69
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep 20 The pope 258,485
More from around the web