Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 23584 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

#22563 Jul 3, 2014
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>So how can one verify if Quran is indeed a book from an infallible perfect supernatural entity when it only seems to be a follow-up of another logically inconsistent book Bible?
It shows that you neither opened Bible, nor Quran!!

Otherwise you would not make such an irresponsible statement.

Would you call "Chalk" and "cheese" same, because they both look white?

JUBAIL, KSA

#22564 Jul 3, 2014
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
1) YOU said the women were insignificant. You claimed the koran only mentioned adam and eve's significant children.
1A) Nope, the maths doesn't work. If you start with 2 humans and breed them, the species is badly inbred by the time they become grandparents. They don't get to 5,000, not even 500. They die as freakish, sterile mutants.
2) The adam and eve story is scientifically proven to be impossible. Deal with it.
3) I only asked if there were any differences, from the way you dodged the question I expect there aren't any really significant differences and the flaws I pointted out in chritianity and judaism apply just as well to the koran when they all tell the same story.
4) You just denied all human creativity which also makes free will impossible. If allah wills it, right? Except that doesn't make sense. You kill apostates but according to your religion there's only one possible reason they could have become an apostate.
I think you are explaining you own genealogy.... how could it reach to Adam and did not terminate in some ' freakish, sterile mutants."?

For how many generations do you think, your genealogy goes?
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

#22565 Jul 3, 2014
The UK is clamping down on islamist FGMers.

http://www.itv.com/news/story/2014-07-03/mps-...
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

#22566 Jul 3, 2014
Of the order of 10,000 generations as homo sapiens.

How far back were you thinking? All the way back to bacterial ancestors?
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are explaining you own genealogy.... how could it reach to Adam and did not terminate in some ' freakish, sterile mutants."?
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

#22567 Jul 3, 2014
I got negative icons for fighting child abuse.

I know what you're up to...
Thinking wrote:
The UK is clamping down on islamist FGMers.
http://www.itv.com/news/story/2014-07-03/mps-...
<quoted text>
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#22568 Jul 3, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I just didn't understand that post.

http://genetics.thetech.org/ask/ask113

Do you understand what inbreeding is? There is a reason you aren't supposed to have sex with your mother or your sister like the koran says adam's kids must have?

It is impossible to breed a viable population of humans from only 2. Deal with it.

JUBAIL, KSA

#22569 Jul 3, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Of the order of 10,000 generations as homo sapiens.
How far back were you thinking? All the way back to bacterial ancestors?
<quoted text>
How they survived, why they did not become extinct ?

It was posted on these threads that All Blue Eyed people had a "common ancestor"....how come that one person's progeny became into millions? and after how many generations?

JUBAIL, KSA

#22570 Jul 3, 2014
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I just didn't understand that post.
http://genetics.thetech.org/ask/ask113
Do you understand what inbreeding is? There is a reason you aren't supposed to have sex with your mother or your sister like the koran says adam's kids must have?
It is impossible to breed a viable population of humans from only 2. Deal with it.
In breeding as you call it, did not continue, it was a special case.... and when humans multiplied, the practice was stopped.

Are you thinking that God cannot have a say in these matters?
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#22571 Jul 3, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
....Are you thinking that God cannot have a say in these matters?
lol!
Muq can't understand anything. I suppose that is one consequence of "religious education".

Religion = superstition
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

#22572 Jul 3, 2014
Why should a divergent automatically cause another to become extinct?

If you had a brown eyed child, why would you kill the blue or green eyed child? Or vice versa.

Think!
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
How they survived, why they did not become extinct ?
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

#22573 Jul 3, 2014
Maybe your god faked the DNA evidence that contradicts you to test us. Or something.

Most likely, your beliefs just don't stack up.
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
In breeding as you call it, did not continue, it was a special case.... and when humans multiplied, the practice was stopped.
Are you thinking that God cannot have a say in these matters?
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

#22574 Jul 3, 2014

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>

“The holy experience”

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#22575 Jul 3, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I read few chapters of Bible as a child and honestly I don't remember anything from it. As for Quran,I did read more than 70 suras and do remember some of its prime tenets.Internet makes it easy and one doesn't have to stress much on his memory faculties. I always go for pro-Islamic sites as I don't differ from the mainstream Muslim interpretation.But I hardly ever cared of Christianity as Islam never fails amazes me most with its contradictions and immense aversion for us infidels.But most of the mainstream Muslim notions like Adam and Eve,hijab,rulings on women are quintessential plagiarism of religion as these are part of Christianity and one could easily grasp by learning how Christians in Europe used to live in ancient times
Do you know the verse no 32 from Surah Al Maidah that Zakir Naik puts in answer to grievances of Muslims' violence on Non-Muslim was plagiarized from Talmud?
I am posting the verse :We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. And our messengers had certainly come to them with clear proofs. Then indeed many of them,[even] after that, throughout the land, were transgressors- 5:32.Quran
"that whoever destroys a single life, it is as if he has destroyed an entire world; and whoever preserves a single life, it is as if he has saved an entire world." --Talmud, Sanhedrin 37a.
Tell me if this is not plagiarism then what is plagiarism?Muhammad's so called revelations have never answered the questions of critics of Judaism and Christianity would have been asking in pre-Islamic period.He rather devised a version of Christianity with stronger and extreme political opinions and strict monotheism.Islam doesn't answer the questions that Christianity failed to answer like the one I have been asking here about Adam and Eve tale
I wonder how Islam has different purpose than Christianity when the only discrimination I could make is between the political aspect of both religion.
MUQ1

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#22576 Jul 4, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Why should a divergent automatically cause another to become extinct?
If you had a brown eyed child, why would you kill the blue or green eyed child? Or vice versa.
Think!
<quoted text>
As usual you missed the "central part" of my post.

I said when all the "Blue Eyed" persons on this earth are from "One Ancestor".... why can't all humans on the earth be from the "same pair of Adam and Eve"?

This "One Ancestor" of all blue eyed people, lived how many generations back?

Instead of answering the question, you muddled it up.
MUQ1

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#22577 Jul 4, 2014
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>I read few chapters of Bible as a child and honestly I don't remember anything from it. As for Quran,I did read more than 70 suras and do remember some of its prime tenets.Internet makes it easy and one doesn't have to stress much on his memory faculties. I always go for pro-Islamic sites as I don't differ from the mainstream Muslim interpretation.But I hardly ever cared of Christianity as Islam never fails amazes me most with its contradictions and immense aversion for us infidels.But most of the mainstream Muslim notions like Adam and Eve,hijab,rulings on women are quintessential plagiarism of religion as these are part of Christianity and one could easily grasp by learning how Christians in Europe used to live in ancient times
Do you know the verse no 32 from Surah Al Maidah that Zakir Naik puts in answer to grievances of Muslims' violence on Non-Muslim was plagiarized from Talmud?
I am posting the verse :We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. And our messengers had certainly come to them with clear proofs. Then indeed many of them,[even] after that, throughout the land, were transgressors- 5:32.Quran
"that whoever destroys a single life, it is as if he has destroyed an entire world; and whoever preserves a single life, it is as if he has saved an entire world." --Talmud, Sanhedrin 37a.
Tell me if this is not plagiarism then what is plagiarism?Muhammad's so called revelations have never answered the questions of critics of Judaism and Christianity would have been asking in pre-Islamic period.He rather devised a version of Christianity with stronger and extreme political opinions and strict monotheism.Islam doesn't answer the questions that Christianity failed to answer like the one I have been asking here about Adam and Eve tale
I wonder how Islam has different purpose than Christianity when the only discrimination I could make is between the political aspect of both religion.
If a person who did not know how to read and how to write, could "pinpoint" the mistakes of Bible, which is indeed a collection of 66 different books and "copy and paste" so much of it....why NO ONE ELSE was able to do it?

And why no one did it in past 1400 years?

You have not opened Bible and you have not studied Quran, so you are all confused and do not know where to begin and where to end.

That is why our discussions could not proceed. If you do not know, the you should ask, and if you know something, you should be able to answer questions about it.

But you could do neither.....just being mired in doubts and little knowledge.

Best way for you is to study a reliable biography of our prophet, once you know his personality, things might improve.
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

#22578 Jul 4, 2014
Actually you asked why don't ancestor species always die out. I asked you why should they?

Think!
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual you missed the "central part" of my post.
I said when all the "Blue Eyed" persons on this earth are from "One Ancestor".... why can't all humans on the earth be from the "same pair of Adam and Eve"?
This "One Ancestor" of all blue eyed people, lived how many generations back?
Instead of answering the question, you muddled it up.

“The holy experience”

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#22579 Jul 4, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If a person who did not know how to read and how to write, could "pinpoint" the mistakes of Bible, which is indeed a collection of 66 different books and "copy and paste" so much of it....why NO ONE ELSE was able to do it?
And why no one did it in past 1400 years?
You have not opened Bible and you have not studied Quran, so you are all confused and do not know where to begin and where to end.
That is why our discussions could not proceed. If you do not know, the you should ask, and if you know something, you should be able to answer questions about it.
But you could do neither.....just being mired in doubts and little knowledge.
Best way for you is to study a reliable biography of our prophet, once you know his personality, things might improve.
One would not have to be literate to understand Christianity and Judaism in an era when they were in their pristine and most original form .Muhammad used to live among Jews and Christians in Mecca and it must have been impossible for him to be unaware about pre -Islamic Abrahamic beliefs unless he was socially impaired.Muhammad did not pinpoint any fallacy of Judaism and Christianity. He only formed a religion that reconciled both Judaism and Christianity on issues that both religions were conflicting on and radicalized it with his own political opinions.
No one has come up with religion like Jainism and Buddhism in past 2000 years.Would you say both religions are true ?Your argument doesn't hold water.
The discussion could not proceed because you ducked my question that casts doubt on your Allah's omnipotence and impartiality regarding his maneuver of creating human beings from one single pair.
MUQ1

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#22580 Jul 4, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Actually you asked why don't ancestor species always die out. I asked you why should they?
Think!
<quoted text>
No the question was, how come so many humans can come from single pair of Adam and Eve.

In answer to that I mentioned that all Blue Eyed people (which might be in hundreds of millions) came from the same ancestor.

So why it is illogical to say that all humans came from one pair?

Do not confuse the issue.
MUQ1

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#22581 Jul 4, 2014
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text> One would not have to be literate to understand Christianity and Judaism in an era when they were in their pristine and most original form .Muhammad used to live among Jews and Christians in Mecca and it must have been impossible for him to be unaware about pre -Islamic Abrahamic beliefs unless he was socially impaired.Muhammad did not pinpoint any fallacy of Judaism and Christianity. He only formed a religion that reconciled both Judaism and Christianity on issues that both religions were conflicting on and radicalized it with his own political opinions.
No one has come up with religion like Jainism and Buddhism in past 2000 years.Would you say both religions are true ?Your argument doesn't hold water.
The discussion could not proceed because you ducked my question that casts doubt on your Allah's omnipotence and impartiality regarding his maneuver of creating human beings from one single pair.
Again you are speaking with your own ASSUMPTIONS, you have no info and no record.

That is what I said in the beginning, you read his biography, read about his first forty years of life.

How come a person who did not speak any lies and was given the title of "Truthful and Trustworthy" by people of Makkah, suddenly started speaking BIG LIES?

You assumptions are no use, get knowledge and then speak from knowledge.
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

#22582 Jul 5, 2014
Actually you asked how many generations does my genealogy go back and I answered it. The fact you frame questions badly is your fault.

Our genes trace back to different ancestors. Our genetic legacy comes from many different individuals, living at different times. It does not go back to just two individuals.

But has your god has faked all this DNA evidence that makes you look so dumb as a test?
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No the question was, how come so many humans can come from single pair of Adam and Eve.
In answer to that I mentioned that all Blue Eyed people (which might be in hundreds of millions) came from the same ancestor.
So why it is illogical to say that all humans came from one pair?
Do not confuse the issue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 17 min Gary Coaldigger 12,486
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 3 hr -Stray Dog 47,768
News Si Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty' Star, Says Atheist... 3 hr Shizle 51
News Atheism, the Bible and sexual orientation 4 hr QUITTNER Aug 29 2015 3
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr thetruth 247,262
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... 5 hr thetruth 19
Proof of God for the Atheist 6 hr thetruth 100
More from around the web