Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 23583 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

#22500 Jun 24, 2014
Thinking wrote:
You sad creationist, those numbers were already in existence before we started using them.
Imaginary, in this context is just a misleading naming convention (much like your "honour killing")
<quoted text>
That shows your name is misleading, you do not think at all (and this is usually the case with these people with Qualitative names)!!
Thinking

Marston Magna, UK

#22501 Jun 24, 2014
I'll repost because you added nothing.

You sad creationist, those numbers were already in existence before we started using them.

Imaginary, in this context is just a misleading naming convention (much like your "honour killing")
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That shows your name is misleading, you do not think at all (and this is usually the case with these people with Qualitative names)!!

“The holy experience”

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#22502 Jun 24, 2014
MUQ has no response to my answer.Maybe,Islam doesn't have answer to the question how Cain could procreate without a legitimate female partner.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#22503 Jun 24, 2014
Either god got him pregnant or he raped his mum.

All very biblical.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#22505 Jun 24, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What are negative numbers? When were they "invented"? What about "Imaginary numbers"? Do they also exist?
Trying to bluff your way out?
Numbers are not "invented", they exist as concepts. They have always existed. Just think of accounting if there were no negative numbers. If you spend more money than you have, without negative numbers, you could never have a deficit, as the lowest you could go is zero. There would be no way to express the concept of a deficit without negative numbers. You could not express temperatures below zero without negative numbers. This could only work if you used a temperature scale that started at absolute zero (only the Kelvin and Rankine scales do. absolute zero is -273.15 Celsius, a negative number.)

Your ignorance is deplorable, but the logical result of a mind locked into rote learning of precepts from the dark ages.

JUBAIL, KSA

#22506 Jun 24, 2014
fadu singh wrote:
MUQ has no response to my answer.Maybe,Islam doesn't have answer to the question how Cain could procreate without a legitimate female partner.
What is this Babbling about Cain and "legitimate" female partner?

From where you got the genealogy of Cain? I did not see it mentioned anywhere in Quran and sayings of prophet.

JUBAIL, KSA

#22507 Jun 24, 2014
Amused wrote:
01. Numbers are not "invented", they exist as concepts. They have always existed. Just think of accounting if there were no negative numbers. If you spend more money than you have, without negative numbers, you could never have a deficit, as the lowest you could go is zero. There would be no way to express the concept of a deficit without negative numbers. You could not express temperatures below zero without negative numbers. This could only work if you used a temperature scale that started at absolute zero (only the Kelvin and Rankine scales do. absolute zero is -273.15 Celsius, a negative number.)

Your ignorance is deplorable, but the logical result of a mind locked into rote learning of precepts from the dark ages.
Ans.

01. The idea of Debt or Profit did exist before any numbering system was started.

But when the numbering system was started, it started with Zero. There was no number before Zero.

The same goes with “imaginary numbers”…. They do not “exist” but are used in scientific equations.

It is not my ignorance, but the way you are taking it literally.

02. The argument was “Who Created God” and I said that God is the ONLY Creator in this Universe and every thing else is Created, so the question “who created God” is illogical and unreasonable.

Instead of answering the main question and argument, you are trying to drag the conversation to another direction.

This is the technique which “learned people” like you always employ, so that people forget the main question.

“The holy experience”

Mumbai, India

#22508 Jun 25, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What is this Babbling about Cain and "legitimate" female partner?
From where you got the genealogy of Cain? I did not see it mentioned anywhere in Quran and sayings of prophet.
Then how Adam's grandchildren were begot? Who were their father and mother?Does Islam has any answer at all? I am asking you.
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#22509 Jun 25, 2014
Wrong.
Human counting probably started with 1, not zero.
But numbers, whether positive, negative, zero, imaginary, irrational, transcendental, etc, already existed.
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. The idea of Debt or Profit did exist before any numbering system was started.
But when the numbering system was started, it started with Zero. There was no number before Zero.
The same goes with “imaginary numbers”…. They do not “exist” but are used in scientific equations.
It is not my ignorance, but the way you are taking it literally.
02. The argument was “Who Created God” and I said that God is the ONLY Creator in this Universe and every thing else is Created, so the question “who created God” is illogical and unreasonable.
Instead of answering the main question and argument, you are trying to drag the conversation to another direction.
This is the technique which “learned people” like you always employ, so that people forget the main question.

JUBAIL, KSA

#22510 Jun 25, 2014
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>Then how Adam's grandchildren were begot? Who were their father and mother?Does Islam has any answer at all? I am asking you.
What is the problem with Adam' Grandchildren? There fathers and mothers were children of Adam.

That marriage between brothers and sisters was allowed temporarily so that human race could spread and multiply.

Once that was achieved, it was banned.

What and where is your problem?
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#22511 Jun 25, 2014
More paedophile muslims arrested in UK. We're on your case.

http://www.banburyguardian.co.uk/news/local-n...
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the problem with Adam' Grandchildren? There fathers and mothers were children of Adam.
That marriage between brothers and sisters was allowed temporarily so that human race could spread and multiply.

JUBAIL, KSA

#22512 Jun 26, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Wrong.
Human counting probably started with 1, not zero.
But numbers, whether positive, negative, zero, imaginary, irrational, transcendental, etc, already existed.
Ans.

It was ZERO that revolutionized the Counting systems.

If we go by your logic, then all the Modern Physics, Chemistry, Airplanes, Rocket and Missile and Space Ships, did exist before they were “discovered” by humans!!

If you accept it, then what we are arguing?

JUBAIL, KSA

#22513 Jun 26, 2014
Thinking wrote:
More paedophile muslims arrested in UK. We're on your case.
http://www.banburyguardian.co.uk/news/local-n...
<quoted text>
Have you a list of Christians that are involved in Incest ?
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#22514 Jun 26, 2014
Of course E=mc^2 existed before Einstein!

You're very stupid.
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
It was ZERO that revolutionized the Counting systems.
If we go by your logic, then all the Modern Physics, Chemistry, Airplanes, Rocket and Missile and Space Ships, did exist before they were “discovered” by humans!!
If you accept it, then what we are arguing?
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#22515 Jun 26, 2014
Why? Are you looking for a date?
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you a list of Christians that are involved in Incest ?

“The holy experience”

Mumbai, India

#22516 Jun 26, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why later your Allah prohibited incest with siblings when he had no problem with Cain's intimacy with his sister(s)?If he had thought incest is wrong inherently then he should have created another pair like Adam and Eve so their progeny could have married with Eve's children.But he didn't according to Islamic myth.So why all of a sudden he thought it to be wrong?
PS:Have you heard of Oedipal complex?
MUQ1

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#22517 Jun 27, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Of course E=mc^2 existed before Einstein!
You're very stupid.
<quoted text>
Yes E = MC2 did exist before Einstein, it did not "originate" from the day Einstein found it out.

It is you who are getting stupider by each post.
MUQ1

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#22518 Jun 27, 2014
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>Then why later your Allah prohibited incest with siblings when he had no problem with Cain's intimacy with his sister(s)?If he had thought incest is wrong inherently then he should have created another pair like Adam and Eve so their progeny could have married with Eve's children.But he didn't according to Islamic myth.So why all of a sudden he thought it to be wrong?
PS:Have you heard of Oedipal complex?
What are you trying to say, I am unable to understand.

You are confused and trying to confuse others.

You are raising issues that have nothing to do with what is our subject of discussion.

Stay focussed and do not diverge.
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#22519 Jun 27, 2014
So numbers never started with zero.

Well done wahabi, you got there in the end.
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes E = MC2 did exist before Einstein, it did not "originate" from the day Einstein found it out.
It is you who are getting stupider by each post.
MUQ1

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#22520 Jun 28, 2014
Thinking wrote:
So numbers never started with zero.
Well done wahabi, you got there in the end.
<quoted text>
When "humans" started numbering system, they started it with Zero, the "beginning" of number system.

No one "knew" imaginary numbers at that time.

I do not know what you are driving it.

All the laws of Physics, Chemistry and all other branches of science were "created" at the time of Creation of world. No human was consulted or did in making of these laws.
Humans only "discovered" these laws while experimenting and observing the nature. Like some one "discovering" ores hidden in the belly of earth. Who deposited it there and in what quantity?

I do not know, what game you are playing, just using verbal jugglery

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 36 min Insults Are Easier 239,433
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr Eagle 12 7,482
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr Zog Has-fallen 19,074
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 5 hr Thinking 2,218
News Phil Robertson talks against Atheists 6 hr Insults Are Easier 125
News Richard Dawkins insists he's not an angry athei... 9 hr Thinking 2
John 3:16 9 hr Thinking 2
More from around the web