Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24178 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#22523 Jun 28, 2014
Yup.

In fact the concept of zero is supposed to have originated in the middle east.

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

#22524 Jun 29, 2014
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>My question is pretty simple and straight.Why did your Allah prohibit incest relationships later after he had approved the relationship of Cain with his sister(s)?Given the fact that the Muslims believe Allah is omnipotent,it should be natural for them to ask questions why didn't he avoid Cain's incest by creating another woman for him in the manner he created Adam and Eve? If he is really omnipotent and could have created a partner for Cain then it would imply he was simply conflicting his own principles. If he had no issues with Cain's incest,who is said to have same stature as any normal being as in Abrahamic faiths,then he should have allowed everyone to have incest.
Conclusion:1) He must be either omnipotent or impartial but not both on the same time.
OR
2) Your Allah is not omniscient as he could not foresee a scenario that would contradict the belief of his omnipotence and his impartiality.
I hope you will reply /
PS:Do not assume I believe in your God.You seem to be relentless about your belief in God so I am rather choosing to pick up fallacies in your belief by assuming such a God exist for the sake of the argument.Your God seems to contradict his own so called supernatural qualities like omnipotence and impartiality.
Your post still does not make any sense.

get some help from your friends and put down a cohesive post.

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#22525 Jun 29, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Or rather say you don't know the answer.Can you tell me what logical fallacy is there in my post?When will you stop complaining and answer to straight and simple questions?.
Being a Muslims you should always be ready for foot in mouth situation as Islam is full of contradiction.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#22526 Jun 29, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
How about this:

You duck a question about about procreation in your belief system because the story of adam and eve makes no sense whatsoever if they didn't have any daughters. You say that isn't in the koran.

Is there actually a creation story in the koran? Does it even mention creationism which you 'religiously' claim must be true, even against all logic and science?

JUBAIL, KSA

#22528 Jun 29, 2014
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
How about this:
You duck a question about about procreation in your belief system because the story of adam and eve makes no sense whatsoever if they didn't have any daughters. You say that isn't in the koran.
Is there actually a creation story in the koran? Does it even mention creationism which you 'religiously' claim must be true, even against all logic and science?
Where it is written in Quran that Adam and eve had no daughters?

If it does not mention it expressively, that does not mean they had none. Quran does not mention each and every thing. It mentions things which are significant.

In Quran there are hundreds of places where it is mentioned "Allah is the Creator of heavens, earth and every thing in between"....what else is a "Creation Theory"?

What else I am propagating in my posts?

Can you tell me anything which humans "created"?
Thinking

UK

#22529 Jun 30, 2014
Ununoctium.

You got a new boss: al-baghdadi.

Good luck with that.
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If it does not mention it expressively, that does not mean they had none. Quran does not mention each and every thing. It mentions things which are significant.
In Quran there are hundreds of places where it is mentioned "Allah is the Creator of heavens, earth and every thing in between"....what else is a "Creation Theory"?
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#22530 Jun 30, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying they had daughters but only the male children they had were 'significant' and even then to procreate they'd have to have sex with their own sisters.

Also, the maths just don't work. If there are only 2 people, the human race dies off. We need hundreds of diverse people in our gene pool to stop inbreeding style mutations.

However you've said that the koran says repeatedly that everything was created by Allah. I'm asking if it specifically talks about adam and eve like the old testament or the torah does or does islam have an 'out'.

The jewish and christian creation stories are utter rubbish and don't hold up to scrutiny. You've claimed islam does stand up to scientific scrutiny. If you believe in the adam and eve story, you believe a lie that has been proven as such scientifically.

AS for what humanity has created, your entire society and everything in it. The electronic device you typed this message on and the communications system you used to send it.
Thinking

UK

#22531 Jun 30, 2014
There's also a flood myth in islam. Their guy's called "nuh". How original. They are so inventive, aren't they?
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying they had daughters but only the male children they had were 'significant' and even then to procreate they'd have to have sex with their own sisters.
Also, the maths just don't work. If there are only 2 people, the human race dies off. We need hundreds of diverse people in our gene pool to stop inbreeding style mutations.
However you've said that the koran says repeatedly that everything was created by Allah. I'm asking if it specifically talks about adam and eve like the old testament or the torah does or does islam have an 'out'.
The jewish and christian creation stories are utter rubbish and don't hold up to scrutiny. You've claimed islam does stand up to scientific scrutiny. If you believe in the adam and eve story, you believe a lie that has been proven as such scientifically.
AS for what humanity has created, your entire society and everything in it. The electronic device you typed this message on and the communications system you used to send it.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#22532 Jun 30, 2014
Thinking wrote:
There's also a flood myth in islam. Their guy's called "nuh". How original. They are so inventive, aren't they?
<quoted text>
If they actually changed the name slightly, maybe they are inventive. More than christians based on this one piece of evidence.

Since: Dec 06

Charlie's

#22533 Jun 30, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
When "humans" started numbering system, they started it with Zero, the "beginning" of number system.
False. All counts always start with "one" meaning one thing. Counting up was always invented before counting down. The humans started to count and invented numbers far before inventing the Zero.
At first, it's senseless to make a number or symbol for nothingness.
You must invent calculation, at least addition and substraction before inventing a zero for nothing left. Further mathematics as geometry need a zero as starting point

JUBAIL, KSA

#22534 Jun 30, 2014
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Why it should be a "flood myth"? You think nothing happened in past. After how many years "Katrina" would become a "Myth"?

JUBAIL, KSA

#22535 Jun 30, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
False. All counts always start with "one" meaning one thing. Counting up was always invented before counting down. The humans started to count and invented numbers far before inventing the Zero.
You must invent calculation, at least addition and substraction before inventing a zero for nothing left. Further mathematics as geometry need a zero as starting point
I do not know what you are trying to prove?

And what it has to do with our discussions?
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#22536 Jun 30, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why it should be a "flood myth"? You think nothing happened in past. After how many years "Katrina" would become a "Myth"?
Never. The evidence will remain in the ground forever.

One of the reasons the flood story is scientifically proven to be untrue. The evidence tells us there are parts of the earth which have been above sea level for longer than the human race has existed.

Also, there isn't enough matter on earth. If you converted all the hydrogen and oxygen into water, there still wouldn't be enough to flood the earth.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#22537 Jun 30, 2014
Because if you really believe god killed every baby not on the ark because nuh didn't like blasphemers you are a mental.
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why it should be a "flood myth"?
Thinking

Poole, UK

#22538 Jun 30, 2014
Nice post but muq doesn't do truth or logic.
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
big ears

UK

#22539 Jun 30, 2014
You will die muq........and you will cease to exist......get used to it!
big ears

UK

#22540 Jun 30, 2014
Pray tell Muq......what part of this unfortunate fairytale do you belong?
Sunni.....shia?
How do you feel about your deluded paedophile brothers?

JUBAIL, KSA

#22541 Jul 1, 2014
Read wrote:
01. So you are saying they had daughters but only the male children they had were 'significant' and even then to procreate they'd have to have sex with their own sisters.

02. However you've said that the koran says repeatedly that everything was created by Allah. I'm asking if it specifically talks about adam and eve like the old testament orthe torah does or does islam have an 'out'.

03. The jewish and christian creation stories are utter rubbish and don't hold up to scrutiny. You've claimed islam does stand up to scientific scrutiny. If you believe in the adam and eve story, you believe a lie that has been proven as such scientifically.

04. AS for what humanity has created, your entire society and everything in it. The electronic device you typed this message on and the communications system you used to send it.
Ans.

01. Who says that female children were “insignificant”? Females are equally responsible, but their areas of activity is inside the house and not in the open.

This is a recognized fact of all earlier socities and civlizations. You may differ, but what was the need to “create them in pairs” and not a “Unisex Model”?

01A. The math works, we have seen King Abdul Aziz family to grow more than 5000 in just under 100 years, so what we can say about Adam and Eve and their progeny?

02. When Quran says Allah created Heavens and Earth and everything in between, that includes Adam and Eve. Why should Allah mention each and every item?

03. There are some “diifuclties” in Jewish and Christian creation stories, but why should I comment on them? You should ask them for clarifications.

04. In facts humans have “created” nothing, they have only used “existing” material and modified them using the “laws created by God”.

There is only one Creator in this Universe and that is Allah.

You do not understand what “creation” means.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#22542 Jul 1, 2014
islam is boring.
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. Who says that female children were “insignificant”? Females are equally responsible, but their areas of activity is inside the house and not in the open.
This is a recognized fact of all earlier socities and civlizations. You may differ, but what was the need to “create them in pairs” and not a “Unisex Model”?
01A. The math works, we have seen King Abdul Aziz family to grow more than 5000 in just under 100 years, so what we can say about Adam and Eve and their progeny?
02. When Quran says Allah created Heavens and Earth and everything in between, that includes Adam and Eve. Why should Allah mention each and every item?
03. There are some “diifuclties” in Jewish and Christian creation stories, but why should I comment on them? You should ask them for clarifications.
04. In facts humans have “created” nothing, they have only used “existing” material and modified them using the “laws created by God”.
There is only one Creator in this Universe and that is Allah.
You do not understand what “creation” means.

JUBAIL, KSA

#22543 Jul 1, 2014
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
Never. The evidence will remain in the ground forever.
One of the reasons the flood story is scientifically proven to be untrue. The evidence tells us there are parts of the earth which have been above sea level for longer than the human race has existed.
Also, there isn't enough matter on earth. If you converted all the hydrogen and oxygen into water, there still wouldn't be enough to flood the earth.
You do not know the Quranic version of the study of flood.

No where in Quran it says that "whole earth" was engulfed in water. It only speaks about Noah and his people.

It could well be a localized affair, where the water level suddenly rose to cover even the mountains in that area.

No one survived except those who were in the Ark, and that according to Quran, did contain "some more people" than the family of Noah.

Human race flourished once again thru these people. It was after Noah that humans spread to all parts of world, before that they were living in one particular area.

Quran does not mention any date for the flood.

There are hardly any objection on Quranic version from any side.

But Jews and Christians simply say that Quran just copied it from their books, look at how Quran avoids "all the pitfalls" where Biblical tale has lead into.

This itself is a Big Miracle, which hand "prevented" our prophet not to copy these things?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Regolith Based Li... 32,169
hell is a real place. so.. ahtiesm is a faux li... 2 hr Eagle 12 - 12
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 2 hr Eagle 12 - 760
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 hr Science 76,945
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) 8 hr Dogen 4,309
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 hr superwilly 258,476
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jul 18 John 4,952
More from around the web