Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments (Page 1,061)

Showing posts 21,201 - 21,220 of21,376
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22471
Jun 21, 2014
 

Judged:

3

3

2

pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> So, you had rather for children to have the less Moral teachings and Indoctrination of Atheism, than that of Religious Moral teachings? That IS NOT a surprise!
atheists don't brainwash children.

and atheists are more moral than nonatheists!

next you will ask for proof.

look at the amount of prisoners in the USA alone, who claim to be christian..........more than 75% of prisoners claim some type of belief in a god when they enter prison.

“Go ahead.”

Since: Mar 11

Make my day.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22472
Jun 21, 2014
 

Judged:

4

4

4

islam debunked wrote:
Any muslim will tell you that you need to understand Arabic to fully understand the Quran. The Quran is originally written in Arabic.http://islam.about.com/ od/arabiclanguage/a/arabic.htm
You'd probably get more cultural meaning out of it by knowing whatever original language it was written in.

I guess...if that's your thing. Enjoy!
islam debunked

Birmingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22473
Jun 21, 2014
 

Judged:

4

4

3

Atheism is not a religion......It is a default state of mind!
islam debunked

Birmingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22474
Saturday Jun 21
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Muq is a liar......he is a deciever, all muslims are.....they read read scriptures (shurrah) spawned of the devil........they do not belong in the western world.....let the mysoginistic, goat fuucuking paedophiles destroy themselves.....they are of no use to the advancement of the human race!

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22475
Saturday Jun 21
 

Judged:

5

5

5

islam debunked wrote:
Atheism is not a religion......It is a default state of mind!
Yes it is the default state of mind, that is why Islamic creed starts with LA ILAHA (i.e. there is no deity worth worshipping), it denies all the human gods, idols made of stones, wood, sold and silver, trees, mountain, nations, vanities and superstitions....all are rejected ....

This is the initial stage of Atheism....but one does not stop at that, because it is only negation and negation by itself is not complete, there has to be some thing positive to believe.

And that is why Islamic creed continues "ILLA ALLAH" i.e. Except Allah, the True Creator and sustainer of this Universe.

Our so called atheist friends are stuck in the first sentence and use all the logic to negate existence of so called models of god of other religions.

But they have not advanced to the stage of recognising the true concept of True God as mentioned by Quran.

So shall we pity these Atheists?

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22477
Saturday Jun 21
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Peer reviewed science refers to the results of writing up scientific research that has since been sent out to volunteer scientists who are professionals in their field. They check that the research was done well - and reject what doesn't hold muster. If something has been published in an academic journal, and it's a journal of standing, it informs further research in that field, and strengthens or weakens whatever hypothesis (derived from theory) has been tested.
2. Reviewers are professionals working in the field. They became such by passing rigorous exams and subsequently carrying out their own research - and having that reviewed by professionals in the discipline and stamped as contributing new research to the discipline.
<quoted text>
Scientists could "confirm" that deities don't exist by:
1. rejecting a deity hypothesis for not fitting the available evidence
2. demonstrating that all available evidence suggests that deities (imagined by people) do not exist
<quoted text>
Yes. Each time they do research.
<quoted text>
Science doesn't "prove" anything. Rather it builds evidence to confirm or disprove hypotheses.
You'll have to be more specific in your question here. It's a bit vague.
<quoted text>
If you don't know anything about science, how do you justify criticizing it? That seems quite foolish.
That's like saying "I've never eaten pizza and I know it tastes terrible!"
or "I've never been to Rome, and never read anything about it, but know that it's entirely painted black."
These so called peers, might be "experts" in their won field, but in this field, they are like little children!!

They do not even know the basic rules of the debate!!

These so called peers have knowledge about the material science and nothing else, how could their word be taken for the subjects that do not relate to the material world?

Which is these so called peers will tell you what is the purpose of our lives?

Which of these so called peers has any knowledge about what happens to one when one dies?

All of your so called peers lack any knowledge about these subjects and they cannot be trusted to pass any judgement.

“Handsome white and black men”

Since: Jan 10

Interracial love

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22478
Sunday Jun 22
 

Judged:

4

4

3

Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
You presume the universe has or needed a creator yet at the same time claim your creator doesn't need a creator. That's cheating.
If your creator doesn't need a creator then why should the universe?
To add to the point, the universe doesn't need emissaries to debate its existence, unlike their skydad.
Thinking

Windsor, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22480
Sunday Jun 22
 

Judged:

3

3

3

No child should be tainted with religion before age 16.
See how long your POS religion would last then.
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is the default state of mind, that is why Islamic creed starts with LA ILAHA (i.e. there is no deity worth worshipping), it denies all the human gods, idols made of stones, wood, sold and silver, trees, mountain, nations, vanities and superstitions....all are rejected ....
This is the initial stage of Atheism....but one does not stop at that, because it is only negation and negation by itself is not complete, there has to be some thing positive to believe.
And that is why Islamic creed continues "ILLA ALLAH" i.e. Except Allah, the True Creator and sustainer of this Universe.
Our so called atheist friends are stuck in the first sentence and use all the logic to negate existence of so called models of god of other religions.
But they have not advanced to the stage of recognising the true concept of True God as mentioned by Quran.
So shall we pity these Atheists?

Since: Mar 12

Devil's hometown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22481
Sunday Jun 22
 

Judged:

3

3

3

MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
These so called peers, might be "experts" in their won field, but in this field, they are like little children!!
They do not even know the basic rules of the debate!!
These so called peers have knowledge about the material science and nothing else, how could their word be taken for the subjects that do not relate to the material world?
Which is these so called peers will tell you what is the purpose of our lives?
Which of these so called peers has any knowledge about what happens to one when one dies?
All of your so called peers lack any knowledge about these subjects and they cannot be trusted to pass any judgement.
In the same manner,Mullahs and other Islamic scholars should be not raising their doubts about the veracity of evidences produced by well researched biologists that buttress the Theory of Evolution.These Mullahs aren't scientific experts and they don't have any credentials to debunk Theory of Evolution.Muslims can believe in Adam and Eve tale without whining about Evolution and labeling it as "conspiracy" against Abrahamic faiths.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22482
Sunday Jun 22
 

Judged:

2

2

2

http://americanhumanist.org/news/details/2014...

They try to get them while their young, but truth will out...
"...a growing number of Saudis are privately declaring themselves atheists..."
http://www.salon.com/2014/06/12/atheism_explo...

Religion = superstition

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22483
Sunday Jun 22
 

Judged:

3

3

3

What did prophet preach?(The other side of story)

Selection from the book MISHKAT AL MASABEEH (an authentic collection of sayings of prophet) Part-14

Subject: Misc.

88. Prophet PBUH said “One who hides any wrong done by his brother Muslim, will be as if one who saved a girl child from being buried alive.

89. Prophet PBUH said “You should treat people according to their status”

90. Prophet PBUH said” Humanity is (like) a family of Allah, the best is sight of Allah is one who is best with His family (i.e. his attitude is best with humanity at large)

91. Prophet PBUH said “Shall I not tell you the best form of Charity? It is dealing kindly with your daughter or sister who comes back to you (i.e. due to divorce or death of husband)

92. Some one complained to Prophet PBUH about hardness of his heart, Prophet PBUH advised his to pat orphans on head and feed poor people.

93. Prophet PBUH said “Believer is one who is liked by people (due to his kindliness), one who does not like others or others do not like him is no good in him”.

94. Prophet PBUH said “If any one solves any problem of any Muslim, he has made me happy, and one who makes me happy , makes Allah happy, and if Allah is happy with some one,(minimum reward) for him is that he will enter paradise.

95. Prophet PBUH said “Best is one who is best with his companions and best neighbor is one who is best with his neighbors”.

96. Prophet PBUH said “The best gift which a father gives to his sons, is to teach him best manners and etiquettes.”

“AU KAMA QAAL ALAIHI AL SALAT WA SALAAM (Prophet PBUH said these or similar words)

Contd.

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22484
Sunday Jun 22
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Thinking wrote:
No child should be tainted with religion before age 16.
See how long your POS religion would last then.
<quoted text>
No child should be taught any manners or any ethics till they grow up.

They should not be taught any morality till they grow up.

No one should teach them to respect their parents and elders and do not tell lies and do not cheat etc.

Their minds should be totally uncluttered , till they grow up.

And then why should one teach them basic English and Math and Science? Why not leave that also till they grow up?

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22485
Sunday Jun 22
 

Judged:

3

3

3

fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>In the same manner,Mullahs and other Islamic scholars should be not raising their doubts about the veracity of evidences produced by well researched biologists that buttress the Theory of Evolution.These Mullahs aren't scientific experts and they don't have any credentials to debunk Theory of Evolution.Muslims can believe in Adam and Eve tale without whining about Evolution and labeling it as "conspiracy" against Abrahamic faiths.
Who has "proven" the Theory of Evolution?

It is still a theory, it is amazing how the so called educated people believe in it and think it is a scientific theory.

It is a theory which owes its existence to creative artists!!

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22486
Sunday Jun 22
 

Judged:

2

2

2

MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who has "proven" the Theory of Evolution?
It is still a theory, it is amazing how the so called educated people believe in it and think it is a scientific theory.
It is a theory which owes its existence to creative artists!!
You are so clueless

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22487
Sunday Jun 22
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so clueless
I could say the same thing about yourself.
Thinking

Windsor, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22488
Monday Jun 23
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Wrong.
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No child should be taught any manners or any ethics till they grow up.
They should not be taught any morality till they grow up.
No one should teach them to respect their parents and elders and do not tell lies and do not cheat etc.
Their minds should be totally uncluttered , till they grow up.
And then why should one teach them basic English and Math and Science? Why not leave that also till they grow up?
Thinking

Windsor, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22489
Monday Jun 23
 

Judged:

1

1

1

muq is so very poorly educated that he thinks zero is the first number!
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so clueless

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22490
Monday Jun 23
 

Judged:

1

1

1

MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I could say the same thing about yourself.
and you would be wrong

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22491
Monday Jun 23
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Breaking News:

Today, In the Middle East, a Topix poster, who labels himself as "MUQ1", was attempting to "set the bar for stupidity" once and for all. His goal was to set the standard by which all other stupidity could be accurately measured. In an ironic twist of fate, while "MUQ1" was attempting to construct a definitively stupid post, he spontaneously transformed into a large puddle of drool and was quickly lapped up by a scrawny, thirsty stray dog. Sadly, the poor little dog instantly died from the massive influx of overwhelming stupidity.
Amused

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22493
Monday Jun 23
 

Judged:

2

2

2

MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not cheating, it is pure reasoning. If Creator needs another Creator, then it would be an endless cycle.
So Creator alone is Non-created and every thing else is Created, this makes perfect sense and logic.
Like in number system, the digits start with Zero, there is no digit before Zero.
So the Creation Process stops when it reaches the Creator.
It is strange that "super brains" like you people cannot understand this simple thing!!
So, you've never heard of negative numbers? You are certainly mathematically challenged for a descendant of the people who invented algebra.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21,201 - 21,220 of21,376
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min Patrick 223,956
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 3 hr Patrick 829
Our world came from nothing? 3 hr religionisillness 147
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 3 hr religionisillness 349
Talking some sense into you people... 4 hr Patrick 23
Maher to Stewart: 'Drugs are good, religion is ... 5 hr Patrick 4
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 13 hr NightSerf 1
•••
•••