Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 23,499

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story
MUQ1

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#22457 Jun 20, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
You presume the universe has or needed a creator yet at the same time claim your creator doesn't need a creator. That's cheating.
If your creator doesn't need a creator then why should the universe?
It is not cheating, it is pure reasoning. If Creator needs another Creator, then it would be an endless cycle.

So Creator alone is Non-created and every thing else is Created, this makes perfect sense and logic.

Like in number system, the digits start with Zero, there is no digit before Zero.

So the Creation Process stops when it reaches the Creator.

It is strange that "super brains" like you people cannot understand this simple thing!!
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#22458 Jun 20, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not cheating, it is pure reasoning. If Creator needs another Creator, then it would be an endless cycle.
So Creator alone is Non-created and every thing else is Created, this makes perfect sense and logic.
Like in number system, the digits start with Zero, there is no digit before Zero.
It is strange that "super brains" like you people cannot understand this simple thing!!
Lol!
Religion = superstition
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#22459 Jun 20, 2014
Truth will out...
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/...
Christian name = first or given name
BC = BCE
AD = CE
Thinking

Marston Magna, UK

#22460 Jun 20, 2014
Wrong. You're referring to the set of Natural Numbers including zero.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_number#H...

Given you upbringing, it is not at all strange that you cannot understand this simple thing!!
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thinking

Marston Magna, UK

#22461 Jun 20, 2014
your ^

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#22462 Jun 20, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong,it is a logical fallacy.It is special pleading.The concept of God triggers the idea of 'infinite regress'.So if there is no God,then there would be no argument of infinite regress at all..There is no empirical evidence too.
PS:Number system does not start or end.It ranges from -infinity to +infinity.You suck at maths as much as you at philosophy of logic.

Since: Dec 06

Charlie's

#22463 Jun 20, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
When Universe exists, then its Creator also exists,
Universe can be as uncreated as a god is
MUQ1 wrote:
actually it is you people who deny His existence,
or you Muqs dream his existence
MUQ1 wrote:
without having any proof whatsoever.
same for Allah's existence

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#22464 Jun 20, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If the creator can be uncreated then the universe can be uncreated. That's logic.

If numbers can come from zero then so can the universe.

God's just an unnecessary complication.
islam debunked

Cheltenham, UK

#22465 Jun 20, 2014
Unlike the bible, the Quran can not stand alone as a book for many muslims. This debunks millions upon millions upon muslims. If the Quran is complete why do they need other books like the Hadith? There is no mention of circumcision in the Quran nor is there mention of Hajj (pilgrimage) and so many other practices.
islam debunked

Cheltenham, UK

#22466 Jun 20, 2014
However, there are Quranists that rely on the Quran alone. However, they are minorities in the Islamic world. However, we can still debunk the Quranists with the fact that the Quran does not have a complete record of Muhammads life. Many aspects of Muhammad's life are in the Hadith and are not in the Quran. Furthermore,
there is no punishment or condemnation of slavery as the most evil thing in the Quran.
islam debunked

Cheltenham, UK

#22467 Jun 20, 2014
Any muslim will tell you that you need to understand Arabic to fully understand the Quran. The Quran is originally written in Arabic.http://islam.about.com/ od/arabiclanguage/a/arabic.htm

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#22468 Jun 21, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
..........You are in worse shape than us. If your assumptions are true, we have very little to suffer, but if our version is correct, you have a lot to pay.
LMAO..........the hedge bet! I don't think any god (christian or otherwise) would be happy to know a person is going thru the motions.....playing it safe..........LOL

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#22469 Jun 21, 2014
Moose wrote:
I'm agnostic and hate it. Knowing there is nothing after death makes all of this worldly crap meaningless. Why care? I hae 2 kids also.
the way I look at it, make the most of each day........as this is all ya got.

I talk to each of my children everyday. tell them how much I love and how proud I am of them. Do the same with my two grandchildren.

I do the same with my husband. and other members of my family.

I tell my friends how much they mean to me.

I volunteer in my community as much as I can.

I don't need an invisible sky daddy to make me want to do these things. I realize that this is the only life there is and make the most of it!

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#22470 Jun 21, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell us is "peer reviwable science"? Who are these Peers an who elects them?
1. Peer reviewed science refers to the results of writing up scientific research that has since been sent out to volunteer scientists who are professionals in their field. They check that the research was done well - and reject what doesn't hold muster. If something has been published in an academic journal, and it's a journal of standing, it informs further research in that field, and strengthens or weakens whatever hypothesis (derived from theory) has been tested.

2. Reviewers are professionals working in the field. They became such by passing rigorous exams and subsequently carrying out their own research - and having that reviewed by professionals in the discipline and stamped as contributing new research to the discipline.
How can they "confirm God does not exist"?
Scientists could "confirm" that deities don't exist by:

1. rejecting a deity hypothesis for not fitting the available evidence
2. demonstrating that all available evidence suggests that deities (imagined by people) do not exist
Has any of these so called Peers created something?
Yes. Each time they do research.
Have these peers, proven that things can create themselves or can be created by chance?
Science doesn't "prove" anything. Rather it builds evidence to confirm or disprove hypotheses.

You'll have to be more specific in your question here. It's a bit vague.
To me it seems that these so called Peers are biggest fools and what you zombies need peers like those, one blind man man leading other blind men and all of them fall into the ditch.!!
If you don't know anything about science, how do you justify criticizing it? That seems quite foolish.

That's like saying "I've never eaten pizza and I know it tastes terrible!"

or "I've never been to Rome, and never read anything about it, but know that it's entirely painted black."

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#22471 Jun 21, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> So, you had rather for children to have the less Moral teachings and Indoctrination of Atheism, than that of Religious Moral teachings? That IS NOT a surprise!
atheists don't brainwash children.

and atheists are more moral than nonatheists!

next you will ask for proof.

look at the amount of prisoners in the USA alone, who claim to be christian..........more than 75% of prisoners claim some type of belief in a god when they enter prison.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#22472 Jun 21, 2014
islam debunked wrote:
Any muslim will tell you that you need to understand Arabic to fully understand the Quran. The Quran is originally written in Arabic.http://islam.about.com/ od/arabiclanguage/a/arabic.htm
You'd probably get more cultural meaning out of it by knowing whatever original language it was written in.

I guess...if that's your thing. Enjoy!
islam debunked

Cheltenham, UK

#22473 Jun 21, 2014
Atheism is not a religion......It is a default state of mind!
islam debunked

Cheltenham, UK

#22474 Jun 21, 2014
Muq is a liar......he is a deciever, all muslims are.....they read read scriptures (shurrah) spawned of the devil........they do not belong in the western world.....let the mysoginistic, goat fuucuking paedophiles destroy themselves.....they are of no use to the advancement of the human race!

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

#22475 Jun 21, 2014
islam debunked wrote:
Atheism is not a religion......It is a default state of mind!
Yes it is the default state of mind, that is why Islamic creed starts with LA ILAHA (i.e. there is no deity worth worshipping), it denies all the human gods, idols made of stones, wood, sold and silver, trees, mountain, nations, vanities and superstitions....all are rejected ....

This is the initial stage of Atheism....but one does not stop at that, because it is only negation and negation by itself is not complete, there has to be some thing positive to believe.

And that is why Islamic creed continues "ILLA ALLAH" i.e. Except Allah, the True Creator and sustainer of this Universe.

Our so called atheist friends are stuck in the first sentence and use all the logic to negate existence of so called models of god of other religions.

But they have not advanced to the stage of recognising the true concept of True God as mentioned by Quran.

So shall we pity these Atheists?

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

#22477 Jun 21, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Peer reviewed science refers to the results of writing up scientific research that has since been sent out to volunteer scientists who are professionals in their field. They check that the research was done well - and reject what doesn't hold muster. If something has been published in an academic journal, and it's a journal of standing, it informs further research in that field, and strengthens or weakens whatever hypothesis (derived from theory) has been tested.
2. Reviewers are professionals working in the field. They became such by passing rigorous exams and subsequently carrying out their own research - and having that reviewed by professionals in the discipline and stamped as contributing new research to the discipline.
<quoted text>
Scientists could "confirm" that deities don't exist by:
1. rejecting a deity hypothesis for not fitting the available evidence
2. demonstrating that all available evidence suggests that deities (imagined by people) do not exist
<quoted text>
Yes. Each time they do research.
<quoted text>
Science doesn't "prove" anything. Rather it builds evidence to confirm or disprove hypotheses.
You'll have to be more specific in your question here. It's a bit vague.
<quoted text>
If you don't know anything about science, how do you justify criticizing it? That seems quite foolish.
That's like saying "I've never eaten pizza and I know it tastes terrible!"
or "I've never been to Rome, and never read anything about it, but know that it's entirely painted black."
These so called peers, might be "experts" in their won field, but in this field, they are like little children!!

They do not even know the basic rules of the debate!!

These so called peers have knowledge about the material science and nothing else, how could their word be taken for the subjects that do not relate to the material world?

Which is these so called peers will tell you what is the purpose of our lives?

Which of these so called peers has any knowledge about what happens to one when one dies?

All of your so called peers lack any knowledge about these subjects and they cannot be trusted to pass any judgement.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why? 5 min Uncle Sam 90
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 10 min One way or another 14,834
Atheist screed isn't properly labeled religion 1 hr Thinking 1
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 2 hr NoahLovesU 2,858
Really, God? 2 hr Thinking 2
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 9 hr thetruth 302
Our world came from nothing? (Jul '14) Sat geezerjock 1,263
More from around the web