Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24178 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

#22439 Jun 18, 2014
Thinking wrote:
moq logic: since science can't answer every question just yet, let's cut the pissflaps out of little girls instead.
<quoted text>
So if science cannot answer some of the most important and most basic questions yet (and they will NEVER be able to answer them at ANY time).....the MOST SCIENTIFIC thing is to deny it and not keep your mouth shut and speak when you get knowledge.

is that what you were trying to convey?

JUBAIL, KSA

#22440 Jun 18, 2014
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it!
Bring out the concept of God of any religion you know of and then I will tell how, how Islamic concept of God is much superior to that.

This is the way people should do comparative religion study..... not the zig zag way and twisting and speaking from hearsay etc.
islam debunked

Halesowen, UK

#22441 Jun 18, 2014
Muslims believe that the Qur'an contains a message from an all-powerful, all-knowing, infallible being. If this is true then it should not contain any errors, mistakes, or information that contradicts known facts about the universe. If even one error exists in the text of Islam's holy book then the claims of divine authorship and infallibility are not true. An objective evaluation of the Qur’an shows that it contains numerous scientific and historical errors and it reflects a pre-scientific, 7th century view of the natural world.

Some apologists will contest these numerous scientific errors in the Qur'an by appealing to metaphor, alternative meanings, or phenomenological interpretations of the text. Even if we suppose that alternative explanations were possible in every case, the wording and content of the Qur'anic verses often mimic the popular mythology and unscientific misconceptions of the time in which they were recorded. The author of the Qur’an makes no clear or unambiguous statements that differentiate his understanding of the natural world from the common folklore of the people living in the 7th century. If the Qur’an was delivered by an all-powerful, all-knowing being then he would have been able to foresee how such ambiguous and misleading statements would be understood by future generations and the doubts and confusions they would cause. This alone should be reason to reject any claims to its divine authorship.
Thinking

Beaminster, UK

#22442 Jun 18, 2014
I know 100% there is no all powerful compassionate god because we have evidence of avoidable suffering.

There is no evidence for you particularly nasty god myth either.

Show me peer reviewable evidence of your god and I will accept it exists. And then I'll join the jihad against your god because as I already stated: it is not all powerful and compassionate.
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So if science cannot answer some of the most important and most basic questions yet (and they will NEVER be able to answer them at ANY time).....the MOST SCIENTIFIC thing is to deny it and not keep your mouth shut and speak when you get knowledge.
is that what you were trying to convey?
Thinking

Beaminster, UK

#22443 Jun 18, 2014
I postulate a god that could have defeated satan retrospectively.

Your little god is constrained by mere causality. Everything is a future promise. Why?
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bring out the concept of God of any religion you know of and then I will tell how, how Islamic concept of God is much superior to that.
This is the way people should do comparative religion study..... not the zig zag way and twisting and speaking from hearsay etc.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#22444 Jun 18, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where I supported the attack on Malala?
This is problem with western people, they pick up one Malala and parade her around the world....while they killed and maimed hundreds of thousands of Malals in Muslim countries.
They just shed crocodile tears on Malala.....they are not her friends either and would do nothing for her.
The "first word" from Quran revealed to our prophet was "Read or Recite"..... Islam is all for education... What are you talking about?
Wow.

Let's make it nice and simple for you:

Would it be a bad thing for someone to try to kill a muslim man for teaching other muslim men things like maths?

JUBAIL, KSA

#22445 Jun 18, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I know 100% there is no all powerful compassionate god because we have evidence of avoidable suffering.
There is no evidence for you particularly nasty god myth either.
Show me peer reviewable evidence of your god and I will accept it exists. And then I'll join the jihad against your god because as I already stated: it is not all powerful and compassionate.
<quoted text>
Did your "peers" created themselves? Who made them "peers"?

Idiots like you only can talk of "peer reviewable evidence" to prove God' existence.

It seems you are reading too much of science fiction recently, or have no knowledge of science and what is "peer reviewable"!!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#22446 Jun 18, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiots like you only can talk of "peer reviewable evidence" to prove God' existence.
It seems you are reading too much of science fiction recently, or have no knowledge of science and what is "peer reviewable"!!
We get it you have no evidence.

allah does not exist!
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#22447 Jun 18, 2014
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.
Let's make it nice and simple for you:
Would it be a bad thing for someone to try to kill a muslim man for teaching other muslim men things like maths?
Looks like Muq avoids this question whether it applies to women teaching women or men teaching men.

Why does teaching deserve death in some societies?
Thinking

Beaminster, UK

#22448 Jun 18, 2014
So you believe your god actively hides its existence from peer reviewable science? Why?

Everything we have discovered has turned out to be "not magic".

http://www.theblogmocracy.com/wp-content/uplo...
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>

JUBAIL, KSA

#22449 Jun 19, 2014
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
We get it you have no evidence.
allah does not exist!
When Universe exists, then its Creator also exists, actually it is you people who deny His existence, without having any proof whatsoever.

JUBAIL, KSA

#22450 Jun 19, 2014
Thinking wrote:
So you believe your god actively hides its existence from peer reviewable science? Why?
Everything we have discovered has turned out to be "not magic".
http://www.theblogmocracy.com/wp-content/uplo...
<quoted text>
Please tell us is "peer reviwable science"? Who are these Peers an who elects them?

How can they "confirm God does not exist"?

Has any of these so called Peers created something?

Have these peers, proven that things can create themselves or can be created by chance?

To me it seems that these so called Peers are biggest fools and what you zombies need peers like those, one blind man man leading other blind men and all of them fall into the ditch.!!
Thinking

Beaminster, UK

#22451 Jun 19, 2014
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_metho...

The whole point of peer review is that you don't have to take my word for it.
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell us is "peer reviwable science"? Who are these Peers an who elects them?
How can they "confirm God does not exist"?
Has any of these so called Peers created something?
Have these peers, proven that things can create themselves or can be created by chance?
To me it seems that these so called Peers are biggest fools and what you zombies need peers like those, one blind man man leading other blind men and all of them fall into the ditch.!!

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#22452 Jun 19, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a strange case for guys like you.
On one hand you challenge His authority and ask Him to do any thing He can...
Then on the other hand, you piss in your pants when the time of account taking comes.
So the punishment justifies at least in your case!!
Forget others and consider your own case first.
Why shall be afraid of your God when I seriously doubt the existence of any kind of possibility of existence of God?
As I already said before,my point was to know what is the purpose of Islam?Why does Islam has importance in your life or any other's Muslim's life?How does it make your life better?
Is it to instill good moral values or just to follow it blindly by the gimmick of heaven and threat?
You seem to have no answer about any of my questions.
There is a reason why your prophet has a reputation of a criminal and a pathological liar in Non-Muslim world.
He married young girl,practiced slavery and engaged in all kind of debauchery and simply justified them as "Allah's wishes."
Islam is all about what your Allah says.It is not about humanistic values that Modern World socially and spiritually thrives upon.You follow Islam because you fear the speculated punishment of Quran. Not because your own conscience says it.
Why shall one not skeptically analyse the veracity of such book when it clearly challenges with our conscience ?
And what the best Muslims could come up with is what the Nostradamus fans have been doing since ages in support of his prophecies,i.e.,match up all the events that has occurred before with the verses that vaguely relates.But still Muslims can't defend the false notions like "Earth is flat"," Sperm being produced at the back",etc.I mean what world Muslims live in?
I do not doubt your reasoning ability.I can really understand how much of a indoctrination you have been through that you choose not be reasonable and sensible when it comes down to Islam.
Conclusion:Islam is pretty inconsistent with Modern Humanism and Science.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#22453 Jun 19, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where I supported the attack on Malala?
This is problem with western people, they pick up one Malala and parade her around the world....while they killed and maimed hundreds of thousands of Malals in Muslim countries.
They just shed crocodile tears on Malala.....they are not her friends either and would do nothing for her.
The "first word" from Quran revealed to our prophet was "Read or Recite"..... Islam is all for education... What are you talking about?
Read my post Muq. I said you've failed to condemn the shooting unreservedly. You still have. Stop wriggling

Religion = superstition
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#22454 Jun 19, 2014
The effect of 'give me a boy under 7..'
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
When Universe exists, then its Creator also exists, actually it is you people who deny His existence, without having any proof whatsoever.
Theology = mythology
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#22455 Jun 19, 2014
Thanks to the BHA and despite politicians or "teachers" 'doing god'.....
https://humanism.org.uk/2014/06/18/victory-go...
"....However, there are other on-going areas of concern, for example the large number of state financed creationist nurseries, or the inadequate inspection of private creationist schools, and continued vigilance is needed in the state-funded sector..."

Prayers = incantations

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#22456 Jun 19, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You presume the universe has or needed a creator yet at the same time claim your creator doesn't need a creator. That's cheating.

If your creator doesn't need a creator then why should the universe?
MUQ1

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#22457 Jun 20, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
You presume the universe has or needed a creator yet at the same time claim your creator doesn't need a creator. That's cheating.
If your creator doesn't need a creator then why should the universe?
It is not cheating, it is pure reasoning. If Creator needs another Creator, then it would be an endless cycle.

So Creator alone is Non-created and every thing else is Created, this makes perfect sense and logic.

Like in number system, the digits start with Zero, there is no digit before Zero.

So the Creation Process stops when it reaches the Creator.

It is strange that "super brains" like you people cannot understand this simple thing!!
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#22458 Jun 20, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not cheating, it is pure reasoning. If Creator needs another Creator, then it would be an endless cycle.
So Creator alone is Non-created and every thing else is Created, this makes perfect sense and logic.
Like in number system, the digits start with Zero, there is no digit before Zero.
So the Creation Process stops when it reaches the Creator.
It is strange that "super brains" like you people cannot understand this simple thing!!
Lol!
Religion = superstition

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 4 min Frindly 1,157
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 7 hr Regolith Based Li... 32,461
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 12 hr Science 1,412
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 12 hr Dogen 78,757
what science will NEVER be able to prove Aug 11 Eagle 12 - 5
News What Ever Happened to the New Atheists?by Ellio... Aug 7 nanoanomaly 1
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) Aug 5 yehoshooah adam 4,381
More from around the web