Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 23,565

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#22416 Jun 14, 2014
muslims kills other muslims because they are not in the same sect
Thinking

Stockbridge, UK

#22417 Jun 15, 2014
Bollocks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-27857343
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are twisting my words to draw your own meanings. I merely said that many translations of Quran are made by Muslim Scholars, so one should refer to them instead of translations and commentaries done by Non Muslim translators.
And actual Quran is in Arabic which is a living language and widely spoken by millions of people.
It is not me who is telling people is good for mercy, ask GWB the Great who lead War on terror to bring peace into the world.
It is you people who do not understand the meaning of mercy and justice and how they should run side by side.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#22419 Jun 16, 2014
Theology mythology
Religion is nothing but trouble these days....
http://www.channel4.com/news/repent-or-die-is...

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

#22420 Jun 17, 2014
EdSed wrote:
Theology mythology
Say the ignorants who have little or no knowledge about the subject they are talking.
Thinking

Stockbridge, UK

#22421 Jun 17, 2014
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/6735400...
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Say the ignorants who have little or no knowledge about the subject they are talking.
Thinking

Stockbridge, UK

#22422 Jun 17, 2014
If the Saudi royal family is overthrown, how will economic migrants from India like muq be treated?
EdSed wrote:
Theology mythology
Lincon Hashew

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#22423 Jun 17, 2014
Religion is a belief system invented by primitive man to explain the inexplicable and used by the elite to subordinate the masses. Sorry about the neo-Marxist rhetoric, but it's true. Religion has probably caused more death, destruction and human misery than any other cause. If you want evidence for the non-existance of God then just visit Auschwitz. Religion should not have any part to play in the administration of a state, which should allow its citizens to believe or not to believe as they see fit. Hopefully, in the fullness of time, religious belief and all the trappings that go with it will die a natural death, but that will only happen if people become more educated about the universe in which they live, and more prosperous.
Thinking

Stockbridge, UK

#22424 Jun 17, 2014
The more educated someone is, the less likely they are to believe.
Lincon Hashew wrote:
Religion is a belief system invented by primitive man to explain the inexplicable and used by the elite to subordinate the masses. Sorry about the neo-Marxist rhetoric, but it's true. Religion has probably caused more death, destruction and human misery than any other cause. If you want evidence for the non-existance of God then just visit Auschwitz. Religion should not have any part to play in the administration of a state, which should allow its citizens to believe or not to believe as they see fit. Hopefully, in the fullness of time, religious belief and all the trappings that go with it will die a natural death, but that will only happen if people become more educated about the universe in which they live, and more prosperous.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#22425 Jun 17, 2014
I agree with all of this:
Lincon Hashew wrote:
but I haven't read convincing evidence that there is a clear link between prosperity and superstition, though I've often read that people see an inverse correlation between wealth and religious belief. There are African ministers of state who are quite wealthy and apparently superstitious, e.g....
http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/2014/06/01/s...

I entirely agree that poorer or less politically stable societies are more prone to superstition (including religion) but don't agree there is necessarily any cause and effect (as your post might be thought to imply, perhaps).

And certainly religion can be a means of control. It always makes me laugh when women defend religion and religious faith. Talk about self-defeating, lol!

I think education and science are the real enemies of religion, together with the ability to create a global community of ideas via the Internet and social media.

That's how it appears to me.
Religion = superstition
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#22426 Jun 17, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of ignorant: you're failure to condemn the shooting of Malala Yousafzai unreservedly demonstrates your ignorance. And people who believe in an Abrahamic god(s) are in no position to call the non-superstitious ignorant.

Most Muslims around the world condemn Malala's shooting and I think that shows that you only know your personal Islamism, not Islam in general. My knowledge is far better than yours.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malala_Yousafzai
Face it Muq, Malala and her fellow Muslims will educate people like you one day.

Islam is nonsense, like all Abrahamic religious beliefs. Education, science, the Internet, social media and freedom of speech will continue to undermine religious faith.

Theology = mythology
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#22427 Jun 17, 2014
Thinking wrote:
If the Saudi royal family is overthrown, how will economic migrants from India like muq be treated?
<quoted text>
Perhaps he thinks his brand of Islamism will protect him?

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/02/21/world/meast...
"...Satinah is due to be beheaded in the coming weeks, unless she can raise a hefty "blood money" payment to give to her employer's heirs..."

Religion = superstition
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#22428 Jun 17, 2014
Thinking

Stockbridge, UK

#22429 Jun 17, 2014
Rich countries should offer decent conditions. I was particularly thinking of all the Nepalese dying in Qatar for 2022 and other projects.
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps he thinks his brand of Islamism will protect him?
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/02/21/world/meast...
"...Satinah is due to be beheaded in the coming weeks, unless she can raise a hefty "blood money" payment to give to her employer's heirs..."
Religion = superstition
Thinking

Stockbridge, UK

#22430 Jun 17, 2014
I saw this. I also follow Mariam Namazie's work for those oppressed by islam.

http://www.maryamnamazie.com/
EdSed wrote:
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#22431 Jun 17, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I saw this. I also follow Mariam Namazie's work for those oppressed by islam.
http://www.maryamnamazie.com/
<quoted text>
Me too. Good writer.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maryam_Namazie#W...

Religion = superstition

JUBAIL, KSA

#22432 Jun 17, 2014
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of ignorant: you're failure to condemn the shooting of Malala Yousafzai unreservedly demonstrates your ignorance. And people who believe in an Abrahamic god(s) are in no position to call the non-superstitious ignorant.
Most Muslims around the world condemn Malala's shooting and I think that shows that you only know your personal Islamism, not Islam in general. My knowledge is far better than yours.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malala_Yousafzai
Face it Muq, Malala and her fellow Muslims will educate people like you one day.
Islam is nonsense, like all Abrahamic religious beliefs. Education, science, the Internet, social media and freedom of speech will continue to undermine religious faith.
Theology = mythology
Where I supported the attack on Malala?

This is problem with western people, they pick up one Malala and parade her around the world....while they killed and maimed hundreds of thousands of Malals in Muslim countries.

They just shed crocodile tears on Malala.....they are not her friends either and would do nothing for her.

The "first word" from Quran revealed to our prophet was "Read or Recite"..... Islam is all for education... What are you talking about?

JUBAIL, KSA

#22433 Jun 17, 2014
Lincon Hashew wrote:
The problem with so called "enlightened people" is that they have no info and play as "most knowledgeable" persons.

First explain how this universe came into being and how it is running?

Can anything like this universe and its laws, self create themselves? can they come by chance?

Did any human intervention was needed at any time during creation and formation of this universe?

How stupid is to say that "there is no God and universe came into being by its own".

The concept of God in Universal, primitive or non primative.

The Islamic concept of God is most perfect and that is what is going to be around till the end of world.
Thinking

Stockbridge, UK

#22434 Jun 18, 2014
You still can't 100% condemn the shooting of a schoolgirl in the face.

You're selling sh!t no one needs.
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where I supported the attack on Malala?
This is problem with western people, they pick up one Malala and parade her around the world....while they killed and maimed hundreds of thousands of Malals in Muslim countries.
They just shed crocodile tears on Malala.....they are not her friends either and would do nothing for her.
The "first word" from Quran revealed to our prophet was "Read or Recite"..... Islam is all for education... What are you talking about?
Thinking

Stockbridge, UK

#22435 Jun 18, 2014
moq logic: since science can't answer every question just yet, let's cut the pissflaps out of little girls instead.
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with so called "enlightened people" is that they have no info and play as "most knowledgeable" persons.
First explain how this universe came into being and how it is running?
Can anything like this universe and its laws, self create themselves? can they come by chance?
Did any human intervention was needed at any time during creation and formation of this universe?
How stupid is to say that "there is no God and universe came into being by its own".
The concept of God in Universal, primitive or non primative.
The Islamic concept of God is most perfect and that is what is going to be around till the end of world.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#22436 Jun 18, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 22 min Joe fortuna 235,541
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 32 min Eagle 12 4,716
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 2 hr Thinking 6,030
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr Mugwump 16,523
The Consequences of Atheism 3 hr polymath257 686
Is Religion Childish? 4 hr Thinking 125
.com | Why is Atheism on the Rise - Final Response 11 hr QUITTNER Feb 26 2015 2
More from around the web