Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments
21,101 - 21,120 of 21,452 Comments Last updated 31 min ago
Thinking

Stockbridge, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2014

Judged:

These ladies are burning koranic words.

http://www.amazighworld.org/images2/islam-FEM...
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
How can I answer a hypothetical question? If people born in USA were not accepting Islam, then your assumption would have been right.
How you are sure that I would not have found Islam, if I was searching for truth?
If people were not switching religions, how come Christians became 2 Billions today? At "some stage" lot of people switched religions and became Christians, why it cannot or should not happen today?
People are leaving Christianity because it does not provide them answers and they do not study about Islam, because of negative propaganda caused by the media.
Any one who studies Islam with unbiased mind, find the truth of Islam.
You have not asked any question about Islam so far, just talking on other issues.
Thinking

Stockbridge, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2014

Judged:

I agree. Stream secular schools to encourage excellence and end faith schools completely.
No RE/RS, just a short module on everyone's cultures.

No UK school should be 90%+ muslim, either. Ghettos help no one.

School is for learning, religion is not.
EdSed wrote:
Religion is nothing but trouble these days...
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014...

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2014

Judged:

"Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038"

For this to occur in reality the Village Atheists will have to defeat the first-year Pathological Altruist cultural relativists now in control of Western Government policy I believe we will be pretty much wiped out by then.

Trouble is most of the Village Atheists are in fact first-year Pathological Altruist cultural relativists as Village Atheists were communists under Stalin. Worked a treat.

The victory, what victory?
Thinking

Stockbridge, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2014

Judged:

The content, what content?
markjuliansmith wrote:
"Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038"
For this to occur in reality the Village Atheists will have to defeat the first-year Pathological Altruist cultural relativists now in control of Western Government policy I believe we will be pretty much wiped out by then.
Trouble is most of the Village Atheists are in fact first-year Pathological Altruist cultural relativists as Village Atheists were communists under Stalin. Worked a treat.
The victory, what victory?

Since: Feb 14

Dhaka, Bangladesh

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2014

Judged:

MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are good Quranic translation done by Muslim Scholars, so you should read translations of Quran done by Muslims and do not use your "free hand" translations.
Quranic translations are available in most major languages in the world.
And are you sure that "most Christians" in the world are able to read and understand their Bibles? I am not sure of that.
I am pretty sure the Kuran is not understood by Muslims and probably barely 1/10 has read the god damn ancient brik of misfortune.

Do you honestly think the Kuran and bible are followed or even understood as they should? Are you sure Things hasn't gone wrong in translation? Do some Research and you'll even know that People who has read the kuran might not even that their holy brik is also understood wrong because of translation.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2014

Judged:

MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are good Quranic translation done by Muslim Scholars, so you should read translations of Quran done by Muslims and do not use your "free hand" translations.
Quranic translations are available in most major languages in the world.
And are you sure that "most Christians" in the world are able to read and understand their Bibles? I am not sure of that.
Every single translation says the same thing and you know it.

The one I Quoted was translated by an Iman.

You just denied your own holy book because deep down you know it is a lie.

The very first line claims Allah is infinately or completely merciful, despite him wanting to torture you for all eternity if you refuse to worship him.

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2014

Judged:

I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
Every single translation says the same thing and you know it.
The one I Quoted was translated by an Iman.
You just denied your own holy book because deep down you know it is a lie.
The very first line claims Allah is infinately or completely merciful, despite him wanting to torture you for all eternity if you refuse to worship him.
Merciful does not mean that He treats every one irrespective of what they did.

He is merciful to pardon any one who seeks His pardon and wants to come back.

He is Merciful as well as Just God, to treat every one same would be injustice to those who believed and followed His path.

You are twisting the meanings.

JUBAIL, KSA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2014

Judged:

Elixz wrote:
<quoted text>
I am pretty sure the Kuran is not understood by Muslims and probably barely 1/10 has read the god damn ancient brik of misfortune.
Do you honestly think the Kuran and bible are followed or even understood as they should? Are you sure Things hasn't gone wrong in translation? Do some Research and you'll even know that People who has read the kuran might not even that their holy brik is also understood wrong because of translation.
You are right, in this age of information, majority of people, who claim to be following any religion, do not read their own scriptures.

And many of them do not follow those in their daily lives.

But when we discuss any topic, we should follow the correct path and should not put loose comments.
Thinking

Stockbridge, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2014

Judged:

What mercy?

https://lh3.ggpht.com/-ALajM90u3jo/UPrnbwRJSY...
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
He is Merciful as well as Just God, to treat every one same would be injustice to those who believed and followed His path.
I can read

Falkirk, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2014

Judged:

MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Merciful does mean that.

If you want another meaning, use other words.

In English it's wrong to use it in the context the koran does. A being who will torture you for all eternity is not merciful.
Thinking

Stockbridge, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2014

Judged:

Deleted Muq should've used the words "vindictive" and "petty" instead.
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
Merciful does mean that.
In English it's wrong to use it in the context the koran does. A being who will torture you for all eternity is not merciful.

Since: Mar 12

Devil's hometown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2014

Judged:

MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Quran does say that the Muslims sinners may possibly get Jannah if they repent.However us Kaffirs,by all means,are destined to be sent in Hell irrespective how morally we lead our lives.
Is this your God's justice?No one could be more narcissistic and self-obsessed than your God.

JUBAIL, KSA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2014

Judged:

I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
Merciful does mean that.
Merciful does not mean that, it is your wrong interpretation, to hang a serial killer is "mercy" for the society.

If you misuse the opportunity given to you and repent and you challenge His authority, then you should be ready for what you do.

The mercy is shown to those who ask for it, when they have opportunity.

JUBAIL, KSA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2014

Judged:

fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
Quran does say that the Muslims sinners may possibly get Jannah if they repent.However us Kaffirs,by all means,are destined to be sent in Hell irrespective how morally we lead our lives.
Is this your God's justice?No one could be more narcissistic and self-obsessed than your God.
Who "forces" you to live the life of a Kafir?

It is you who make that choice by using your free will, why then you should "bilk" for the consequences of your choice.

It is not God who is preventing you from mending your ways.

This is strange, that whole life you ridicule Him and His message and His laws.... and when the payback time comes, you start pleading for mercy?

What would you say about those guys who believed in the message and led a pious life, is it justified to equate both them in the hereafter and let bygones be bygones?

This would neither be mercy nor justice.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2014

Judged:

Just read this
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is you who make that choice by using your free will, why then you should "bilk" for the consequences of your choice.
This is strange, that whole life you ridicule Him and His message and His laws.... and when the payback time comes, you start pleading for mercy?
What would you say about those guys who believed in the message and led a pious life, is it justified to equate both them in the hereafter and let bygones be bygones?
and see why some people wonder if religion is a mental disorder.

Religion = superstition

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2014

Judged:

MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain why anyone with half a brain should believe in Islam when the Quran clearly states the sun sets in a muddy spring (18:86)?
Just because you're that dumb doesn't mean the rest of us are.

Since: Mar 12

Devil's hometown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2014

Judged:

MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why shall I be afraid of your God whose very existence I disbelieve?I have no regrets of being an unbeliever or a "Kaffir".And there is hardly any chances that your belief would turn out be true.
The reason why I am asking this question is I want to know that how could Muslims believe in this kinky justice of a supposed God?How come a Moral Atheist/Non-Muslim is inferior to a libertine Muslim who would still have a chance of going Heaven upon asking for forgiveness?If the prime purpose of Islam is to instill good moral values in us and make us better human beings,how would you justify this particular belief of Muslims ?
What if Christian Trinity turns out to be true?I know you don't believe in Christian God but what if we both are wrong about Trinity?Would you regret of not believing such God?
PS:Do not avoid the last question just because it is hypothetical.I want to hear a honest opinion about your belief in your God's justice and how does your conscience makes decision.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2014

Judged:

MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>Who "forces" you to live the life of a Kafir?
Muq, rather than my usual arguments, I thought I would discuss the bigger picture.

I don't understand why you are so interested in converting atheists. Why would anyone want to convert anyone to their own beliefs, when no one has any evidence of the "mystery" big questions.

If I were you I would take more interest in what is happening in muslim countries, cause they are in a right mess.

Like in Syria/ Iraq at the moment the USA/Zionists are formenting war by arming "rebels" in Syria, and fighting a proxy war using Turkey and Al Qaeda rebels, whilst at the same time fighting the same rebels in Iraq using their proxy Iraqi government forces.

But I guess as a Sunni you are siding with Israel on Syria, as you pick sides based on what your imam tells you and not on doing you own investigation.

So going back to my point, rather than converting infidels, you could concern yourself with:

- real problems that a evident in muslim countries,
- the misinformation from the media and your "royal" government
- finding evidence to support your own beliefs.

cheers
MUQ1

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2014

Judged:

fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>Why shall I be afraid of your God whose very existence I disbelieve?I have no regrets of being an unbeliever or a "Kaffir".And there is hardly any chances that your belief would turn out be true.
The reason why I am asking this question is I want to know that how could Muslims believe in this kinky justice of a supposed God?How come a Moral Atheist/Non-Muslim is inferior to a libertine Muslim who would still have a chance of going Heaven upon asking for forgiveness?If the prime purpose of Islam is to instill good moral values in us and make us better human beings,how would you justify this particular belief of Muslims ?
What if Christian Trinity turns out to be true?I know you don't believe in Christian God but what if we both are wrong about Trinity?Would you regret of not believing such God?
PS:Do not avoid the last question just because it is hypothetical.I want to hear a honest opinion about your belief in your God's justice and how does your conscience makes decision.
It is a strange case for guys like you.

On one hand you challenge His authority and ask Him to do any thing He can...

Then on the other hand, you piss in your pants when the time of account taking comes.

So the punishment justifies at least in your case!!

Forget others and consider your own case first.
MUQ1

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2014

Judged:

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Muq, rather than my usual arguments, I thought I would discuss the bigger picture.
I don't understand why you are so interested in converting atheists. Why would anyone want to convert anyone to their own beliefs, when no one has any evidence of the "mystery" big questions.
If I were you I would take more interest in what is happening in muslim countries, cause they are in a right mess.
Like in Syria/ Iraq at the moment the USA/Zionists are formenting war by arming "rebels" in Syria, and fighting a proxy war using Turkey and Al Qaeda rebels, whilst at the same time fighting the same rebels in Iraq using their proxy Iraqi government forces.
But I guess as a Sunni you are siding with Israel on Syria, as you pick sides based on what your imam tells you and not on doing you own investigation.
So going back to my point, rather than converting infidels, you could concern yourself with:
- real problems that a evident in muslim countries,
- the misinformation from the media and your "royal" government
- finding evidence to support your own beliefs.
cheers
I am not converting Atheists or any one else, I am just putting forward Islamic teachings.

Atheists I consider as the most illogical and unreasonable of all groups, because they have rejected the truth, without coming out any of their own.

This negation and keeping the void in its place is ridiculous.

Muslims have problems, but it has nothing to do with Islam, it is their own ethnic and political issues, which they are fighting for.

Islam has very strict rules for taking lives of innocent human being.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••