Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 23867 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

MUQ1

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#22333 Jun 6, 2014
Moose wrote:
I'm agnostic and hate it. Knowing there is nothing after death makes all of this worldly crap meaningless. Why care? I hae 2 kids also.
Why are you keeping these two kids alive and cause them to suffer the same miserable life as yours own?
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#22336 Jun 6, 2014
Muq still hasn't unconditionally condemned the shooting of Malala Yousefzai, I suppose?

As Muq demonstrates, Islam means whatever anyone wants it to mean...
quote from:
http://www.economist.com/news/middle-east-and...
...In 1991 Sudan issued a new penal code imposing death for a sweeping range of beliefs that can be categorised as apostasy. Harsh interpreters of sharia cite a hadith (a reported saying of Muhammad):“Whoever changes his religion, kill him.” The Sudanese police in 2011 arrested more than 100 alleged apostates, who “recanted” in court to save their necks....
Unquote.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostasy_in_Isla...

Islamic societies are a mess. They're corrupted by "Muqs" and other ignorant sheeples of the world who live in cultures that can only be described as backward.

Religion = superstition
and the consequences of superstitions are generally negative.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#22337 Jun 6, 2014
I don't know if this is a serious comment or religionist propaganda:
Moose wrote:
I'm agnostic and hate it. Knowing there is nothing after death makes all of this worldly crap meaningless. Why care? I hae 2 kids also.
but I think the opposite is true. Would it give life more meaning if we were simply put here by some kind of "creator" and were simply going through it's programme for its own purposes? All the suffering in the world was entirely avoidable and simply for the amusement or satisfaction of a supernatural being? Even if such a being existed there's no reason to regard it as a "him" and religions still make no sense. Abrahamic religions are obviously man-made. There are clearly no Abrahamic god(s); nor are any of these real....
godchecker.com

On the contrary, admitting that we don't know the meaning of life when humanity has only existed for a few million years is natural, exciting and interesting. Religions and other mythological "reasons" for our existence offer nothing but spirituality and superstition. They aren't a 'reason for life' or any explanation of it, they're more like abrogation of it.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#22338 Jun 6, 2014
Moose wrote:
You can find meaning in life in lots of other ways apart from beliefe in a God or gods. You dont not need to have imaginary friends to be happy.

I am happy just living and doing the things I like to do. You can find you own meaning in life

It might be you find meaning in bringing up your kinds. Or maybe enjoying life with your partner. Or through interests and hobbies. Having only a short time means that you can make the most of enjoying the time you have.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#22339 Jun 6, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>And the best way for any one who wants to leave Islam is to migrate to a Non Muslim country and do what he or she likes there.
I find it sad that religious fruitcakes want to kill people who dont believe in your demon god. It is very telling about your mental condition.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#22340 Jun 6, 2014
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Apart from circular arguments, the only proof he has is faith i.e. belief without evidence. It takes blind faith to believe a man on a flying donkey can be the first astronaut and that he split the moon in two. These extraordinary claims require super extra-ordinary evidence.
I don't know who keeps putting negative judge icons above your posts, Adam. All your posts I've read have been spot-on. The negative reaction to your opinions just goes to show the result of how religions work, i.e.'give me a boy under 7..."

Theology = mythology
Blasphemy = satire
Prayer = incantation
(Well, near enough :-)
MUQ1

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#22341 Jun 6, 2014
FS wrote:
1. Would you cite some reliable source that confirms your claim?

2. For us,Quran is just another book.It must have been written by a human being.Give us proof that Quran was written by God.
Ans.

1. What do mean by "some reliable source"? What more reliable than Direct Revelation from Creator of Universe itself.

What "reliable source" you have to reject our claim?

2. If Quran was written by "some human being"…. How come entire humanity is unable to write another book like it?

Quran is not just another book, it is revelation from God and does not contain a single word by human.

Even the words of Prophet, May Allah's peace, mercy and blessings be on to him and all other prophets of Allah, are not included in Quran.

It is preserved and unchanged in past 1400 years, being memorized by millions, most of them do not even understand Arabic…

It is an amazing book not "just a book like any book".

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#22342 Jun 6, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
1. What do mean by "some reliable source"? What more reliable than Direct Revelation from Creator of Universe itself.
That presumes it is from a God and not Muhammad.
We only have Muhammad's word he didn't write it himself.
MUQ1 wrote:

Science has proven the sun doesn't set in a muddy spring (18:86)
MUQ1 wrote:

2. If Quran was written by "some human being"…. How come entire humanity is unable to write another book like it?
It's a mess. Nobody wants to write anything like it.
MUQ1 wrote:

Quran is not just another book, it is revelation from God and does not contain a single word by human.
Unprovable.
MUQ1 wrote:

Even the words of Prophet, May Allah's peace, mercy and blessings be on to him and all other prophets of Allah, are not included in Quran.
Aren't the prophets quoted throughout the Quran?
MUQ1 wrote:

It is preserved and unchanged in past 1400 years, being memorized by millions, most of them do not even understand Arabic…
Many ancient books have survived unchanged.
Memorizing a book doesn't prove anything.
MUQ1 wrote:

It's amazing so many people are fooled by it.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#22343 Jun 6, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
It's amazing so many people are fooled by it.
I agree. It has to be childhood brainwashing and lots of wishful thinking.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#22344 Jun 6, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>If Quran was written by "some human being"…. How come entire humanity is unable to write another book like it?
The Christian's say the say thing about the Bible, according to them also God's word and you know this full of errors, contradictions and absurdities.

If you had been born in hicksville in the usa and brought up by fundies, you could well be a bible basher. This is how religion works. Its largely unbringing.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#22345 Jun 6, 2014
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. It has to be childhood brainwashing and lots of wishful thinking.
So, you had rather for children to have the less Moral teachings and Indoctrination of Atheism, than that of Religious Moral teachings? That IS NOT a surprise!
Moose

Whitehouse Station, NJ

#22346 Jun 6, 2014
Nah- i am instilling hope into them. A lie? Sure but any good parent would do so.
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you keeping these two kids alive and cause them to suffer the same miserable life as yours own?
Moose

Whitehouse Station, NJ

#22347 Jun 6, 2014
I have read many books on this topic. Go read Bertrend Russell's the denial of death. Once i read that there was no going back.

The idea of religion is actually stupid in the 21st-century. It is for the weak, the scared, and the ignorant. The Human condition is strong.

That said, Knowing that anything that you do At any moment during Your life Will ultimately be meaningless. Time moves forward and you will be forgotten.

At any moment you children to be taken away from you. You'll never see them again And in time it's like they never even existed.

Why bother?

To me this forces me to Live only in the present. I am laying in bed right now and I don't want to go work. What's the use? I need to feed the kids of course But will that Matter in 100 years? Of course not.

Every person wants to leave a good legacy but even that goes away.

Being a thinking human being is terrifying.
Moose

Ardsley, NY

#22348 Jun 6, 2014
I also do parties!!!!!!

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#22349 Jun 6, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
1)It is an unwarranted claim from Muslims.There is no evidence ever produced by Muslims to buttress this claim.Let alone Quran,existence of a supernatural entity like God is still scientifically debatable.So it is pretty lame to make such claim.
2)Nobody could write a fictional book series like Harry Potter. Would you consider J.K. Rowling as God?What are you talking about MUQ?How does your this particular argument proves Quran is some miraculous book?
Though Muslims say God have had sent approximately 1,24,000 prophets without leaving a single place all the characters whose names are mentioned in Quran belong to religions(Christianity and Judaism) that were predominant in Middle east and its vicinity.Do you say this is miraculous?It is pretty obvious Muhammad knew the names of these prophets and mentioned their names and teachings in Quran.No big deal!

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#22350 Jun 6, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> So, you had rather for children to have the less Moral teachings and Indoctrination of Atheism, than that of Religious Moral teachings? That IS NOT a surprise!
Religions doesn't have any morality

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#22351 Jun 6, 2014
Ahhh the Village Atheist allowed out without a carer.

How do you go about it. One Child Lost is One Child Too Many. One Child Lost is One Child Too Many. One Child Lost is One Child Too Many. One Child...

http://citizensfirstasnau.blogspot.com.au/201...

"Communities (cultures) tend to be guided less than individuals by conscience and a sense of responsibility. How much misery does this fact cause mankind! It is the source of wars and every kind of oppression, which fill the earth with pain, sighs and bitterness." (Albert Einstein, 1934)
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#22352 Jun 6, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please give numbers of persons actually killed for leaving Islam in past 1400 years..... and you can see that more numbers are killed in so called "civilized countries" in violent crimes.
And that is not "punishment" for Apostasy, because the real punishment shall come to them after they die, punishment in this world is only to save the society from temptations.
And the best way for any one who wants to leave Islam is to migrate to a Non Muslim country and do what he or she likes there.
So you're saying murder really is part of your religion and you need oppressive societies in order for it to survive?

Cool, won't be long till your religion dies then.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#22353 Jun 6, 2014
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying murder really is part of your religion and you need oppressive societies in order for it to survive?
Perhaps it will be a long time before it dies. Muslims have shown that they hold human life in very low esteem. As long as they are willing to kill people at the drop of a hat, because their religion demands it, they will intimidate dissenters and doubters into silence. Within islamic societies, there's no resources for thinking. If you never hear anyone question the indoctrination, there are no books questioning the koran, and your only image of people who quit is people at the end of a rope, it is unlikely you will come up with questions on your own, let alone ask the questions out loud. Islam is mental slavery.
MUQ1

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#22354 Jun 7, 2014
ICR wrote:
1. So you're saying murder really is part of your religion and you need oppressive societies in order for it to survive?

Ans.

1. This is your own "summary", I did not say anything like that.

As regards murder being part of your life, just look at any news paper of any big city and you will find plenty of murders there.

What is you explanation about these murders.

Howcome they became part of "Your religion".

Islam lives and spreads or dies out , only time will tell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 min Ronnie 33,871
News How 'new atheists' are just as dangerous as the... 12 min Eagle 12 102
church disowns Trump for being too gay friendly 18 min Eagle 12 3
News Are There Atheists in the Foxholes? 1 hr Eagle 12 47
Reasoning with Insanity 1 hr Eagle 12 29
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 1 hr Eagle 12 4,450
News Your atheism isn&#x27;t going to keep your... (Apr '14) 2 hr Eagle 12 155
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 hr Eagle 12 14,801
More from around the web