Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24178 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Since: Feb 14

Tejgaon, Bangladesh

#22221 May 11, 2014
OK, here is another of my daily life experience within a muslim country.

This time it's about hatred throughwards other religions.
The blood thirtyness is truly aweful
This happened yesterday( 1:30 now) or rather couple of hours before.

Yes I had to cut my hair again, ugh, i really hate cutting my hair, ah i miss my long hair, gosh. Damn this freakin' place! With that said I can begin with what happened today, ugh i mean yesterday, ah whatever!

So my mom came along to supervise that my hair will be cut short enough. Then suddenly starts plappering like a teenage girl who just got a girl friend and starts telling her girl friends, she starts a conversation about hindus.
And it suddenly spreads to the entire place!
They say things like pray too statues is disgusting, huh? And they say Christians are no better. Then they say a lot of bad things about Christians and Hindus. They will all burn in hell. Why there are no shitlism school in norway, huh where did that come from? My mom brought it up...
Oh, then they started talking crap about my country, oh my it got furious! Well I'd not go as far as hiting them or anything, so I decided I'd educate them, I started to explain them about the different religion and life views(it wasn't easy, i've been here for barely a year and do not understand their native language so well, but, my parents did teach me some at my home country). But they still saying you do not understand anything. I asked them did you even read your freakin kuran(btw ku=cow in norwegain, ha!), He said, yes even my mom said yes, ha! But then I asked something very simple, how many pillars are there in your religion? And tell me at least two of them.

My mom yelled at said, Hold kjeft!(shut up) in norwegain. I told her, Ikke tro på noe du ikke veit skitten om(Do not believe in something you do not know shit about).

Yes got some scolding that day and my parents try to beat me for soem odd reason. But it was worth it. And according to them I am going to the mosk tomorrow? My answer is over my dead body.

Religion must be eliminated, it's just some piece of lunitic system of confusing people to be controlled and hate on others.

I hope when i return to Norway I won't see more ninjas on the streets.

Cheers
Brit Expat

Saint-jean-de-védas, France

#22222 May 11, 2014
Elixz wrote:
OK, here is another of my daily life experience within a muslim country.
This time it's about hatred throughwards other religions.
The blood thirtyness is truly aweful
This happened yesterday( 1:30 now) or rather couple of hours before.
Yes I had to cut my hair again, ugh, i really hate cutting my hair, ah i miss my long hair, gosh. Damn this freakin' place! With that said I can begin with what happened today, ugh i mean yesterday, ah whatever!
So my mom came along to supervise that my hair will be cut short enough. Then suddenly starts plappering like a teenage girl who just got a girl friend and starts telling her girl friends, she starts a conversation about hindus.
And it suddenly spreads to the entire place!
They say things like pray too statues is disgusting, huh? And they say Christians are no better. Then they say a lot of bad things about Christians and Hindus. They will all burn in hell. Why there are no shitlism school in norway, huh where did that come from? My mom brought it up...
Oh, then they started talking crap about my country, oh my it got furious! Well I'd not go as far as hiting them or anything, so I decided I'd educate them, I started to explain them about the different religion and life views(it wasn't easy, i've been here for barely a year and do not understand their native language so well, but, my parents did teach me some at my home country). But they still saying you do not understand anything. I asked them did you even read your freakin kuran(btw ku=cow in norwegain, ha!), He said, yes even my mom said yes, ha! But then I asked something very simple, how many pillars are there in your religion? And tell me at least two of them.
My mom yelled at said, Hold kjeft!(shut up) in norwegain. I told her, Ikke tro på noe du ikke veit skitten om(Do not believe in something you do not know shit about).
Yes got some scolding that day and my parents try to beat me for soem odd reason. But it was worth it. And according to them I am going to the mosk tomorrow? My answer is over my dead body.
Religion must be eliminated, it's just some piece of lunitic system of confusing people to be controlled and hate on others.
I hope when i return to Norway I won't see more ninjas on the streets.
Cheers
Sad to say, you probably will. Its "politically correct" these days.

Anyway! Thanks for an amusing read. Will religious halfwits of any colour ever wake up to how they're being shafted daily by Mad Mullahs/Rabbi's/Priests ect ect?

Cyril aged 84
Robin

Antioch, CA

#22223 May 17, 2014
Atheism is self defeating. It consists of railing at and denouncing something which does not even 'exist'. Ridiculously pathetic. Atheists quickly forget their atheism when their life is on the line. That is an objective fact, with voluminous proof to back it. In any event-the greatest selling book in all of world history is the Holy Bible. Better selling than any atheist book ever produced. Not too shabby for 'fairy tale book'(which underlines powerfully just how clueless atheists are). Atheists provide welcome comic relief in their everyday anger and diatribes against something which does not even 'exist' in the first place. Thanx for the comedy!:-)

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#22224 May 17, 2014
Robin wrote:
Atheism is self defeating. It consists of railing at and denouncing something which does not even 'exist'. Ridiculously pathetic. Atheists quickly forget their atheism when their life is on the line. That is an objective fact, with voluminous proof to back it. In any event-the greatest selling book in all of world history is the Holy Bible. Better selling than any atheist book ever produced. Not too shabby for 'fairy tale book'(which underlines powerfully just how clueless atheists are). Atheists provide welcome comic relief in their everyday anger and diatribes against something which does not even 'exist' in the first place. Thanx for the comedy!:-)
Angry theist ends his hate with a smile proving that he's a troll

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#22225 May 18, 2014
Robin wrote:
The bible has no proof to back it up.

Tejgaon, Bangladesh

#22226 May 19, 2014
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
I must agree, this brick was made clearly with too much water which made it unreliable.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#22229 May 25, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I don't care what Abraham taught. I care what Islam does. The behavior I described above is just the beginning. You also fly airplanes into building, mutilate your females' genitals, lie as an act of faith (taqiyyah), and do "honor" killings. The West is shocked and disgusted by such behavior.
Where are your great philosophers, scientists, mathematicians, and statesmen?
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
With your biased view, and your color blindness, you only see one side. There is no cure for such people.
Translation: "I have no answer for that, but I'll never admit it. Allah akhbar!" *BOOM!!*

“I beleave in reason not god”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#22230 May 27, 2014
paarsurrey wrote:
I don't think it will ever happen; since there is not a single evidence with the atheists that the Creator God does not exist.
If you have give it here.
owness is on you 2 prove there is a god. how can you someything doesn`t exist.but you should be able to prove something does exist. can u ?
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#22231 May 27, 2014
Obviously true of all "holy" books:
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion = superstition

https://humanism.org.uk/thatshumanism/
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#22232 May 27, 2014
Robin wrote:
Stop babbling. Atheism is simply disbelief in god(s):
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/atheism

Jonny Eve sings what's bleedin' obvious...
http://www.atheismuk.com/2012/03/31/atheism/y...
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#22233 May 27, 2014
freethinker1957 wrote:
<quoted text>
[onus] is on you [to] prove there is a god...
Exactly

Theology = mythology

Location hidden

#22234 May 29, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That's OK. Religion can exist in a shrunken, disempowered and irrelevant form, and you won't even know its there - like the Druids. You wouldn't mind Christianity if it were like Druidism. For example, what's the Druid position on abortion or gay marriage? Me, neither, and that's exactly the point. The Christians appear to be on their way to that status, too.
This is an exciting time for unbelievers.
You mean like .0001% of your Minority Opinion? how much more Irrelevant can you get? what's exciting about it?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#22235 May 30, 2014
Atheists are seen a minority still christians and muslims get butthurt when atheists says something negative about religion

Location hidden

#22236 May 30, 2014
Aww, you seem so sensitive. I don't give a fk what you say about religion bud!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#22237 May 30, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
Aww, you seem so sensitive. I don't give a fk what you say about religion bud!
Projecting!

Location hidden

#22238 May 30, 2014
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Projecting!
Typical atheist answer to deflect.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#22239 May 30, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Typical atheist answer to deflect.
Typical Cristarded troll!

Location hidden

#22240 May 30, 2014
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical Cristarded troll!
I was thinking the same thing about you..keep up the good work!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Pullerman

Atlanta, GA

#22241 May 30, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I was thinking the same thing about you..keep up the good work!
Troll!!

Location hidden

#22242 May 30, 2014
Pullerman wrote:
<quoted text>
Troll!!
And you're not hypocrite?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 min Eagle 12 - 79,887
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) 3 hr Eagle 12 - 58
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 21 hr Eagle 12 - 32,581
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 23 hr The pope 258,485
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) Sep 16 blacklagoon 3 91
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Sep 15 xfrodobagginsx 101
News Atheist billboards to mock Romney, Obama faith (Aug '12) Sep 15 superwilly 47
More from around the web