Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 23584 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#22172 May 4, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
I did not find any reasonable answers from atheists as to who created this universe.
What do you care about reason? If you are willing to think by faith, you are willing to throw reason under the bus.

“The holy experience”

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#22174 May 5, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Has anything came out of itself?
I mean except you, who might be an exception!!
If you can belief that this whole Universe and every thing in it, just came by itself, then you are the biggest nut that I can imagine.
The problem with you people is that you have no sense of what you speak and write.
I have just asked you to explain how come an immaterial entity could have intelligence when intelligence is essentially a collective trait that is produced by a specialized organs and neurochemicals in living beings.Instead of explaining and justifying your position of a formless intelligence creator you are calling me nuts.Do you know what intelligence is?
Your reason is limited to one unwarranted assumption that universe is created and hence it must have created.Million of stars form and die daily without any evidence of any divine control and some are observed by scientists daily.Why shouldn't one believe that since there is no evidence or logical position that God exists.
Even if there is an intelligent create God,let's assume for sake of argument,why shouldn't one believe he resembles to a living material being in the light of the fact that intelligence requires brain?Allah doesn't have physical form,How can he have intelligence in the first place?Isn't he expected to have a big powerful brain for all the cognition and immense mental process it would have taken him to build universe(assuming you mean universe as an intelligent design)?
It's a lose-lose situation for you as you have burden of explanation in both the cases.Either you prove there is a God or prove a human resembling God like Brahma or Zeus is not possible or in other words disprove neuroscience.

Since: Dec 06

Charlie's

#22175 May 5, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
I did not find any reasonable answers from atheists as to who created this universe. All they say is that "they do not know it, time will tell".
If that answer satisfies some people, then what is wrong if we call them dumbest and most unreasonable people?
You can call as you want the peoples who admit that they have no answer to a question.
I can call megalomaniacs the ones which pretend to have answers to all questions by inventing a god supposed to talk by means of self-saying in-touch-with-god prophets.
rio

Beckenham, UK

#22176 May 5, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not find any reasonable answers from atheists as to who created this universe. All they say is that "they do not know it, time will tell".
My opinion entirely.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#22177 May 5, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If that answer satisfies some people, then what is wrong if we call them dumbest and most unreasonable people?
Just admitting we don't know the answer is a lot more honest and rational than making one up.

You believe that an incredibly intelligent and powerful entity capable of creating a universe just exists without cause, yet you claim the universe can't. That's an absurd argument.
If a God can just exist without explanation then why not the universe?

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

#22178 May 5, 2014
WWhat did prophet preach?(The other side of story)

Selection from the book MISHKAT AL MASABEEH (an authentic collection of sayings of prophet) Part-13

Subject: Taking care of Girl Child and Orphans

80. Prophet PBUH said “If some one is only given girl child and he takes good care for them, these girl child would become a shield from hell fire for him”

81. Prophet PBUH said “If some one takes good care for two daughters till they get married, he would be as close to me in paradise as this, and prophet showed his two fingers.

82. Prophet PBUH said “If some one takes care of an orphans and feeds and clothes them, paradise will be compulsory for him. And if someone takes care of three daughters or three sisters, till they get married, Paradise will be reward for him. Companions asked if two daughters or two sisters, Prophet PBUH said “Even if two”. The narrators of Hadith says, if they would have mentioned single, prophet would have answered in affirmative.

83. Prophet PBUH said “If some one is given a girl child and he takes care of her and does not give preference of son over her, Allah will enter him into paradise.

84. Prophet PBUH said “One who is engaged in works of Orphans and Widows, is like the one who is busy in working in the ways of Allah or like the one who is engaged in prayers and fasting always.

85. Prophet PBUH said “Gabriel kept me reminding about the rights of neighbors, till I thought he will included in the list of heirs”

86. Prophet PBUH said “He is not a Muslim who eats full stomach and his neighbor is sleeping hungry”

87. Prophet PBUH said “By Allah he is not a Muslim, By Allah he is not a Muslim, By Allah he is not a Muslim. The companions asked “Who O messenger of Allah”. Prophet PBUH said “One whose neighbors are not safe from his excesses>

“AU KAMA QAAL ALAIHI AL SALAT WA SALAAM (Prophet PBUH said these or similar words)

Contd.

JUBAIL, KSA

#22179 May 5, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Just admitting we don't know the answer is a lot more honest and rational than making one up.
You believe that an incredibly intelligent and powerful entity capable of creating a universe just exists without cause, yet you claim the universe can't. That's an absurd argument.
If a God can just exist without explanation then why not the universe?
No it is not honesty to say that "we do not know"...because at the same time you say that the other person is telling lie.

If you do not know any thing, then listen to people who know these things. Any one who looks at this Universe and how it is working would be amazed with the Power, Knowledge, Wisdom and Mercy of one who created it.

Humans even the best of them, are not even able to create a single country where there is equality and freedom and peace for every one.

So you people talk in contradictions and have no answer, but you keep on negating the presence of God without any solid ground.

JUBAIL, KSA

#22180 May 5, 2014
FS wrote:
01. I have just asked you to explain how come an immaterial entity could have intelligence when intelligence is essentially a collective trait that is produced by a specialized organs and neurochemicals in living beings.Instead of explaining and justifying your position of a formless intelligence creator you are calling me nuts.Do you know what intelligence is?

02. Your reason is limited to one unwarranted assumption that universe is created and hence it must have created.Million of stars form and die daily without any evidence of any divine control and some are observed by scientists daily.Why shouldn't one believe that since there is no evidence or logical position that God exists.

03. Even if there is an intelligent create God,let's assume for sake of argument,why shouldn't one believe he resembles to a living material being in the light of the fact that intelligence requires brain?Allah doesn't have physical form,How can he have intelligence in the first place?Isn't he expected to have a big powerful brain for all the cognition and immense mental process it would have taken him to build universe(assuming you mean universe as an intelligent design)?

04. It's a lose-lose situation for you as you have burden of explanation in both the cases.Either you prove there is a God or prove a human resembling God like Brahma or Zeus is not possible or in other words disprove neuroscience.
Ans.

01. Intelligence?

You are modeling Creator of Universe based on Humans? That is your basic problem.

Creator is not a part of his creation, what intelligence or the method we humans have, it totally different from what our Creator has.

02. Universe' Existence:

The only logical way to explain the existence of this universe and the order is to accept that it is created by a superior power.

No other explanantion answers the questions. Nothing creates itself and nothing is created by chance. Otherwise humans could also create something just by chance. Make a needle by random action and find out.

It is news to me that millions of star are born and die every day and scientists are observing that every day, are you seeing "star wars" movies?

The "poor" scientists get some events that happened billions of years ago and light has just reached them!!

03. Intelligenve and Brain:

Again the futile argument, equating Creator of Universe with humans. No comparision at all.

04. Win-Win Situation:

The moment you get out of comparing yourself with the Creator of Universe, you would come on right track.

JUBAIL, KSA

#22181 May 5, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
You can call as you want the peoples who admit that they have no answer to a question.
I can call megalomaniacs the ones which pretend to have answers to all questions by inventing a god supposed to talk by means of self-saying in-touch-with-god prophets.
Try and become a prophet yourself.....you would not be the first one....there have been many false prophets before you.

True prophets of God are a different thing. There are tests for them which false prophets do not match

“The holy experience”

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#22182 May 5, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. Intelligence?
You are modeling Creator of Universe based on Humans? That is your basic problem.
Creator is not a part of his creation, what intelligence or the method we humans have, it totally different from what our Creator has.
02. Universe' Existence:
The only logical way to explain the existence of this universe and the order is to accept that it is created by a superior power.
No other explanantion answers the questions. Nothing creates itself and nothing is created by chance. Otherwise humans could also create something just by chance. Make a needle by random action and find out.
It is news to me that millions of star are born and die every day and scientists are observing that every day, are you seeing "star wars" movies?
The "poor" scientists get some events that happened billions of years ago and light has just reached them!!
03. Intelligenve and Brain:
Again the futile argument, equating Creator of Universe with humans. No comparision at all.
04. Win-Win Situation:
The moment you get out of comparing yourself with the Creator of Universe, you would come on right track.
1)Unwarranted assumption MUQ. You're making an assumption that intelligence could exist without any need of specialized physical structure like our brain.You should either be able to explain how such intelligence works or give empirical evidences for the same.Otherwise,it would just be considered as figment of imagination.Even if one proves existence of God,it is preposterous to assume he could interact with material world without any physical form at all unless logical explanation is provided that such kind of intelligence is within the realms of possibility.
2)You are protesting when I am comparing your God's intelligence mechanism with ours but you have no doubt that your supposed existing God created universe just like we create needles?Tell me then why you're comparing our actions with your God's actions.Your God becomes angry just like we do.Your God feels jealous when some other God is worshiped. He undergoes through same emotions and thought processes just like we do.But you're somehow convinced that he is totally different from us and doesn't share anything common with us and he could exist without any physical body.I don't know why.
3)Again the same assumption.Prove intelligence without any physical form is possible.Prove why a supposed existing God couldn't have body and physical structure like us when all the description of your God leads me to a thought that he is someone like us but just extraordinarily smart.
4)Answer is given in my point number 2.Your God has same emotions just like us.It is hard to believe he couldn't be a living material existent at all .

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#22183 May 6, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No it is not honesty to say that "we do not know"...because at the same time you say that the other person is telling lie.
If you do not know any thing, then listen to people who know these things. Any one who looks at this Universe and how it is working would be amazed with the Power, Knowledge, Wisdom and Mercy of one who created it.
Humans even the best of them, are not even able to create a single country where there is equality and freedom and peace for every one.
So you people talk in contradictions and have no answer, but you keep on negating the presence of God without any solid ground.
I'm supposed to be convinced the universe needs a creator yet believe the creator doesn't need a creator?
Such a creator would be far more impressive than the universe and so far less likely to just exist without cause.

Islam has failed to create any countries with equality, freedom and peace. The early caliphs were at constant war, invading countries and fighting amongst themselves. Two of the first four caliphs were murdered by Muslims!

Fennario

#22184 May 6, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
What did prophet preach?(The other side of story)...“AU KAMA QAAL ALAIHI AL SALAT WA SALAAM (Prophet PBUH said these or similar words)
That's not preaching or prophesying I think your "prophet" is choking.

You're foolish to post what you consider sacred text to people not indoctrinated to respect them. The best you can hope for is to be ignored, and more likely, to be ridiculed.
MUQ1 wrote:
80. Prophet PBUH said “If some one is only given girl child and he takes good care for them, these girl child would become a shield from hell fire for him”
Here's a fine example of the worthlessness of these words. Mammals and birds the world over instinctually care for their offspring male and female without the benefit of your prophet's insipid comments. In fact, it is your prophet's disciples that mutilate their girls genitals.

What hell fire? Your more primitive ancestors misunderstood the significance of erupting and flowing lava.

And were there such a thing as hell, how would taking care of a gild shield a person from its fire? Isn't that the call of your sadistic god based on the totality of ones life?

And finally, why would I take advice on rearing children from a god that thought it had to drown all of its children, or that would consign any to eternal torture for any reason at all?

Your "holy scriptures" are mockworthy nonsense.

Fennario

#22185 May 6, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
Just admitting we don't know the answer is a lot more honest and rational than making one up. If you do not know any thing, then listen to people who know these things.
MUQ1 wrote:
This kind of deformed thinking is the natural result of a lifetime of faith based thought. Your mind has been rewired from its natural state that seeks to discover what is true in the world to one taught to apply various forms of self-deception to defend false religious claims from the evidence of that reality.

You are now so far removed from our common reality that you have no concept for how you sound. We know what is known, what is possible to know, and what methods can generate answers.

We also know that neither faith nor revelation are paths to truth. We know that you are indoctrinated by a religion that is happy to lie to you, to inject its mythology into you and have you consider it fact, and to cripple your ability to think clearly and defend yourself from it in the process.
MUQ1 wrote:
Humans even the best of them, are not even able to create a single country where there is equality and freedom and peace for every one. So you people talk in contradictions and have no answer, but you keep on negating the presence of God without any solid ground.
This is some incredibly bad thinking.

Look at the mess your people have made of every country influenced by your "prophet"'s words.

And what do you as a Muslim care about equality? Is your sister your equal in your faith?
They may have mutilated her genitals, but they mutilated both of your minds.

Here you are insisting to others that you know things that they are aware you cannot possibly know. How out of touch with reality can you be? You apparently have no sense for how you appear to others. Your net effect is not promoting your faith as you think, but the exact opposite - demonstrating the damage it does to a mind with examples of bad thinking.
Brit Expat

Pignan, France

#22186 May 6, 2014
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038??????

Really??????????

The sooner the better I say!

Religious nonsense continues to be the most destructive force on the Planet.

When will the human Monkey evolve and reject it for what it is?

Man invented nonsense! A tool, used to control the gullible.

Cyril the atheist aged 84.

Fennario

#22187 May 6, 2014
Brit Expat wrote:
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038??????
Really??????????
The sooner the better I say!
Religious nonsense continues to be the most destructive force on the Planet.
When will the human Monkey evolve and reject it for what it is?
Man invented nonsense! A tool, used to control the gullible.
Cyril the atheist aged 84.
2038 is the estimate for when non-Christians will outnumber Christians in America, which is determined by extrapolating the growth rate of unbelief in America from 1990 to the present into the future.

After that, there will be a lag while non-Christians are replacing Christians in government. Unbelievers won't be in a position to replace Christian laws until after 2050. That will complete the secularization of the non-Latin Western nations.

Mexico, Central and South America will join the rest of North America and Europe over the next century or so.

The Hindus and Buddhists don't seem to be much of a problem, and I don't see the Christians or Muslims gaining a serious foothold in China or other parts of the Far East.

The problem regions in the world will be Africa, the Middle East, other Muslim nations further east like Pakistan and Afghanistan. It will likely take them two or more centuries to outgrow faith and tribalism.

The religious period in human history will be remembered as the phase that connected the time when man was first able to wonder about where the universe came from, how it works, and what was his place is in it, to the time when he found satisfactory answers. Notice that defeat doesn't require elimination, just disempowerment. Religion will likely persist for millennia, but should become unimportant in world events long before that.

Charlie's

#22188 May 6, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
Try and become a prophet yourself.....you would not be the first one....there have been many false prophets before you.
I have not any intention to prophetize,
MUQ1 wrote:
True prophets of God are a different thing. There are tests for them which false prophets do not match
As I don't believe that there is a God, there are no prophets, just insane peoples who need psycho cares

Fennario

#22189 May 6, 2014
Here's a taste of Islam from today's news

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mi...

"His name is Abubakar Shekau. He is the leader of Boko Haram. And he has your girls.“I abducted the girls at a Western education school,” Shekau proclaimed on Monday in a video, clutching a rifle among several masked men.“And you are disturbed. I said Western education should end.… I abducted your girls. I will sell them in the market, by Allah. There is a market for selling humans. Allah says I should sell; he commands me to sell. I will sell women. I sell women.”

I wonder what the "prophet" (PB&J) has to say about that.

This is the sickness of Abrahamic religious misogyny, justified only by faith. It's even worse in Islam than Christianity, and why the world will be well served by the demise of them both.

Charlie's

#22190 May 6, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
WWhat did prophet preach?(The other side of story)
We see these Boko Haram peoples rapting schoolgirls, enslaving them, saling them for forced marriages
we see terrorists gangs justifying any horror with self-saying will to impose sharia
we see kids flying to Syria so-saying for jihad
Sorry, MUQs, you'd better go tell your good words to your coreligioneers, before trying to convert any here who doesn't think be harmfull at others

“Common sense prevails.”

3rd rock from the sun.

#22191 May 6, 2014
BigRabbit wrote:
The Mantra
ASIA FOR THE ASIANS, AFRICA FOR THE AFRICANS, WHITE COUNTRIES FOR EVERYBODY!
Everybody says there is this RACE problem. Everybody says this RACE problem will be solved when the third world pours into EVERY white country and ONLY into white countries.
The Netherlands and Belgium are just as crowded as Japan or Taiwan, but nobody says Japan or Taiwan will solve this RACE problem by bringing in millions of third worlders and quote assimilating unquote with them.
Everybody says the final solution to this RACE problem is for EVERY white country and ONLY white countries to “assimilate,” i.e., intermarry, with all those non-whites.
What if I said there was this RACE problem and this RACE problem would be solved only if hundreds of millions of non-blacks were brought into EVERY black country and ONLY into black countries?
How long would it take anyone to realize I’m not talking about a RACE problem. I am talking about the final solution to the BLACK probllem?
And how long would it take any sane black man to notice this and what kind of psycho black man wouldn’t object to this?
But if I tell that obvious truth about the ongoing program of genocide against my race, the white race, Liberals and respectable conservatives agree that I am a naziwhowantstokillsixmillionje ws.
They say they are anti-racist. What they are is anti-white.
Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Dr6vvKlqZaYXX
Big Rabbit must be a code word for paranoid then.

If you'll remember, WE are not the original inhabitants of this country. Also, if you don't like blacks being in this country you'll have to refer to the white people who brought them here....in chains.

Manifest Destiny is a flawed concept, deal with it.

“Common sense prevails.”

3rd rock from the sun.

#22192 May 6, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
Taking notice that Australia is the native land for the abos, back to your native land !
Excellent point ;o)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 39 min dollarsbill 12,752
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 45 min dollarsbill 247,493
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 4 hr Agents of Corruption 47,818
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... 6 hr QUITTNER Sep 1 2015 12
Proof of God for the Atheist 10 hr Thinking 128
News Atheism, the Bible and sexual orientation 11 hr True Christian wi... 10
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... 11 hr True Christian wi... 23
More from around the web