Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24178 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

#22154 May 3, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
Blockheaded MUQs have still not understood that atheists have no almighty god, therefore no revelation at any prophet.
I you close your eyes and say there is no sunlight out there, would it seize to exist?

If you are stupid people, will God of Universe vanish because you do not believe in Him.

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#22155 May 3, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I you close your eyes and say there is no sunlight out there, would it seize to exist?
If you are stupid people, will God of Universe vanish because you do not believe in Him.
God's existence is arguable.How could you be so sure?
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#22156 May 3, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No I did not get what you are pointing at. Please clarify
People do really stupid things because they are told to by others.

Like believing in god.

JUBAIL, KSA

#22157 May 4, 2014
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
People do really stupid things because they are told to by others.
Like believing in god.
I could say the same thing about you.

JUBAIL, KSA

#22158 May 4, 2014
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>God's existence is arguable.How could you be so sure?
If the Universe you see before your eyes is real, so is their Creator.

Only spiritually blind and most unreasonable persons would ever deny the existence of God.

Mumbai, India

#22159 May 4, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Universe you see before your eyes is real, so is their Creator.
Only spiritually blind and most unreasonable persons would ever deny the existence of God.
Why do you think Universe was created when there is a strong possibility that it may have come into existence without any need of creator?And mind you there is no evidence that a super intelligence could exist without any brain.Intelligence is exclusively a trait of living organisms endowed with certain structures like brain or similar organs that causes consciousness and intelligence.Your God is formless and how come an entity that doesn't have any material existence can have intelligence?Have you ever analyzed your belief rationally?
PS:It is easy to assert a possibility as a truth.But you should rather elaborate and give a logical explication to your position .

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#22160 May 4, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
I you close your eyes and say there is no sunlight out there, would it seize to exist? If you are stupid people, will God of Universe vanish because you do not believe in Him.
Gods have already vanished. They're indistinguishable from the nonexistent, which is why their reported miracles have pretty much gone down from rising from the dead to appearing on a grilled cheese sandwich..

Fennario

#22161 May 4, 2014
fadu singh wrote:
God's existence is arguable.How could you be so sure?
Faith, a different way of thinking divorced from evidence and reason.You simply choose something to believe - or its opposite - and declare that it is certain truth.

Fennario

#22162 May 4, 2014
fadu singh wrote:
It is easy to assert a possibility as a truth.But you should rather elaborate and give a logical explication to your position .
He doesn't share your values, and he doesn't think like you think. He has a way of deciding what he will call truth that is alien to an evidence based, rational skeptic, and he doesn't care about what you call truth. You have too few shared assumptions to communicate.

"Water is two parts hydrogen and one part oxygen. What if someone says,“Well, that’s not how I choose to think about water; All we can do is appeal to scientific values. And if he doesn’t share those values, the conversation is over ... If someone doesn’t value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove they should value it? If someone doesn’t value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" - Sam Harris
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#22163 May 4, 2014
Courtesy of a secular society....

The Economist reports (p27, 3May) "conservatives are outraged".

Religion = superstition

Since: Dec 06

Charlie's

#22164 May 4, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
I have plenty reasons to not believe in the God of Universe, http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/04/world/asia/...
and more reasons to think that, if it does exists, He doesn't protect muslims more than any

Since: Feb 14

Tejgaon, Bangladesh

#22165 May 4, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No I did not get what you are pointing at. Please clarify
All need ito compare what I said With what you said...

Since: Feb 14

Tejgaon, Bangladesh

#22166 May 4, 2014
Edit: All you need to do is compare With the post Your wrote Witt my replay*
BigRabbit

Alice Springs, Australia

#22167 May 4, 2014
The Mantra

ASIA FOR THE ASIANS, AFRICA FOR THE AFRICANS, WHITE COUNTRIES FOR EVERYBODY!

Everybody says there is this RACE problem. Everybody says this RACE problem will be solved when the third world pours into EVERY white country and ONLY into white countries.

The Netherlands and Belgium are just as crowded as Japan or Taiwan, but nobody says Japan or Taiwan will solve this RACE problem by bringing in millions of third worlders and quote assimilating unquote with them.

Everybody says the final solution to this RACE problem is for EVERY white country and ONLY white countries to “assimilate,” i.e., intermarry, with all those non-whites.
What if I said there was this RACE problem and this RACE problem would be solved only if hundreds of millions of non-blacks were brought into EVERY black country and ONLY into black countries?

How long would it take anyone to realize I’m not talking about a RACE problem. I am talking about the final solution to the BLACK probllem?
And how long would it take any sane black man to notice this and what kind of psycho black man wouldn’t object to this?

But if I tell that obvious truth about the ongoing program of genocide against my race, the white race, Liberals and respectable conservatives agree that I am a naziwhowantstokillsixmillionje ws.

They say they are anti-racist. What they are is anti-white.
Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white.

Since: Dec 06

Charlie's

#22168 May 4, 2014
BigRabbit wrote:
The Mantra
ASIA FOR THE ASIANS, AFRICA FOR THE AFRICANS, WHITE COUNTRIES FOR EVERYBODY!
Everybody says there is this RACE problem. Everybody says this RACE problem will be solved when the third world pours into EVERY white country and ONLY into white countries.
The Netherlands and Belgium are just as crowded as Japan or Taiwan, but nobody says Japan or Taiwan will solve this RACE problem by bringing in millions of third worlders and quote assimilating unquote with them.
Everybody says the final solution to this RACE problem is for EVERY white country and ONLY white countries to “assimilate,” i.e., intermarry, with all those non-whites.
What if I said there was this RACE problem and this RACE problem would be solved only if hundreds of millions of non-blacks were brought into EVERY black country and ONLY into black countries?
How long would it take anyone to realize I’m not talking about a RACE problem. I am talking about the final solution to the BLACK probllem?
And how long would it take any sane black man to notice this and what kind of psycho black man wouldn’t object to this?
But if I tell that obvious truth about the ongoing program of genocide against my race, the white race, Liberals and respectable conservatives agree that I am a naziwhowantstokillsixmillionje ws.
They say they are anti-racist. What they are is anti-white.
Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Dr6vvKlqZaYXX
Taking notice that Australia is the native land for the abos, back to your native land !

Fennario

#22169 May 4, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
If the Universe you see before your eyes is real, so is their Creator. Only spiritually blind and most unreasonable persons would ever deny the existence of God.

If you allow yourself to believe things by faith, you are free to believe anything you like or its opposite, which is reason enough not to take advice about reality from faith based thinkers.

JUBAIL, KSA

#22170 May 4, 2014
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you think Universe was created when there is a strong possibility that it may have come into existence without any need of creator?And mind you there is no evidence that a super intelligence could exist without any brain.Intelligence is exclusively a trait of living organisms endowed with certain structures like brain or similar organs that causes consciousness and intelligence.Your God is formless and how come an entity that doesn't have any material existence can have intelligence?Have you ever analyzed your belief rationally?
PS:It is easy to assert a possibility as a truth.But you should rather elaborate and give a logical explication to your position .
Has anything came out of itself?

I mean except you, who might be an exception!!

If you can belief that this whole Universe and every thing in it, just came by itself, then you are the biggest nut that I can imagine.

The problem with you people is that you have no sense of what you speak and write.

JUBAIL, KSA

#22171 May 4, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
If you allow yourself to believe things by faith, you are free to believe anything you like or its opposite, which is reason enough not to take advice about reality from faith based thinkers.
I did not find any reasonable answers from atheists as to who created this universe. All they say is that "they do not know it, time will tell".

If that answer satisfies some people, then what is wrong if we call them dumbest and most unreasonable people?

Fennario

#22172 May 4, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
I did not find any reasonable answers from atheists as to who created this universe.
What do you care about reason? If you are willing to think by faith, you are willing to throw reason under the bus.

Mumbai, India

#22174 May 5, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Has anything came out of itself?
I mean except you, who might be an exception!!
If you can belief that this whole Universe and every thing in it, just came by itself, then you are the biggest nut that I can imagine.
The problem with you people is that you have no sense of what you speak and write.
I have just asked you to explain how come an immaterial entity could have intelligence when intelligence is essentially a collective trait that is produced by a specialized organs and neurochemicals in living beings.Instead of explaining and justifying your position of a formless intelligence creator you are calling me nuts.Do you know what intelligence is?
Your reason is limited to one unwarranted assumption that universe is created and hence it must have created.Million of stars form and die daily without any evidence of any divine control and some are observed by scientists daily.Why shouldn't one believe that since there is no evidence or logical position that God exists.
Even if there is an intelligent create God,let's assume for sake of argument,why shouldn't one believe he resembles to a living material being in the light of the fact that intelligence requires brain?Allah doesn't have physical form,How can he have intelligence in the first place?Isn't he expected to have a big powerful brain for all the cognition and immense mental process it would have taken him to build universe(assuming you mean universe as an intelligent design)?
It's a lose-lose situation for you as you have burden of explanation in both the cases.Either you prove there is a God or prove a human resembling God like Brahma or Zeus is not possible or in other words disprove neuroscience.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 40 min Eagle 12 - 632
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 10 hr replaytime 76,826
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) 22 hr Dogen 4,281
hell is a real place. so.. ahtiesm is a faux li... Wed Eagle 12 - 10
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jul 18 John 4,952
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Jul 18 John 32,164
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Jul 17 Eagle 12 - 6,123
More from around the web