Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 23,199

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story

Since: Dec 06

One of Paris' nicest districts

#22002 Apr 9, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
62. An old women came to Prophet PBUH and asked for a camel. The Prophet PBUH said “I will only give you a son of a came” The women asked “what use that shall be to me?”
The Prophet PBUH said “Is there any camel who is not the son of another camel?”
66. Prophet PBUH said “The similitude of a person who sides with his people, when they are doing wrong is like some one who is trying to save a camel who fell into a well, by pulling it by its tail (i.e. it would not gain him anything)
That's so enlightening, you can't guess how important the camels are in the western metropolis culture

Since: Mar 12

Devil's hometown

#22003 Apr 9, 2014
Correction: Didn't your beloved prophet say that only 1 out of 73 sects would get places in heaven and relegate "rest of them" to the status of us kaffirs?

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

#22005 Apr 9, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
That's so enlightening, you can't guess how important the camels are in the western metropolis culture
This is what happens when some one is biased.... he even losts his sense of humor.

I fail to realize how much hate and hatred a human breast can hold, when I read posts like yours.

Get rid of it and behave at least like a human

JUBAIL, KSA

#22006 Apr 10, 2014
FS wrote:
01.All of these wars were unfortunate .These wars might have happened for wrong reasons and yes the US had some selfish motives behind Vietnam War. WW2 broke out of vengeance and greed of dominance over Europe.Soviet Union paid the price for Afghanistan invasion and it disintegrated into fragments.But hadn't US helped your brothers in Afghanistan in late 1980s against soviet forces?They would have never won the war without the military support of US.Again,US had its own agenda behind this proxy war.
I have said it earlier,Offence is righteous only as defence especially when the potentiality of innocents being killed is high in any kind of possible offence.
02.Many wars have been fought in the name of religion.What about Jihad and Crusade?
Ans.

I see the same apologetic things in your post, just glossing over the mistakes of others and concentrating only on Islam and Muslims to show them in bad light.

This is the ploy normally used by people these days.

I think the best way for you is to discuss one point at a time.

These free for all discussion where one jumps from one subject to another are not the way to solve any point or reach any conclusion.

I tried that approach earlier with you, but it failed, so what is the use of just having discussions for the same of discussions, why waste each others time?
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#22007 Apr 10, 2014
Right back at you:
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
...realize how much hate and hatred a human breast can hold, when I read posts like yours.
Get rid of it and behave at least like a human
When will you start following your own advice and admit the absurdity of Islam? You can't because you're too invested in it and that makes you on of the most biased contributor here. Your failure to condemn the Malala shooting unequivocally makes you one of the most violent.

Religion = superstition
Truth will out
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#22008 Apr 10, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
....I do not support any one shedding innocent human blood.
Intentionally.
You just insist on revering everything Islamic and denying inclusive human and democratic values such as freedom of and from religion, genuine equality of genders, etc.

You sound to me like a corrupt, ignorant and vile old man. Face it, Muslims are no better than anyone else and certainly no better for seeing themselves as a separate and venerable cult. When Islamic countries adopt democratic principles they will be as peaceful as anyone. Islam won't help them but Islamism (your anti-western and self-serving narrative) will hurt them. The West has freed vastly more Muslims than Islam ever did. Islamism only enslaves.

Theology = mythology

Devil's hometown

#22011 Apr 10, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
I see the same apologetic things in your post, just glossing over the mistakes of others and concentrating only on Islam and Muslims to show them in bad light.
This is the ploy normally used by people these days.
I think the best way for you is to discuss one point at a time.
These free for all discussion where one jumps from one subject to another are not the way to solve any point or reach any conclusion.
I tried that approach earlier with you, but it failed, so what is the use of just having discussions for the same of discussions, why waste each others time?
I
This conversational thread is obviously on religion so it would be quite irrelevant to talk on menaces related to other issues.And I have never religion is the only problem.You're a hardliner Muslim.It will be irrelevant to talk on religion other than Islam as we both consider these religions to be false.
What is wrong if I try to channelize discussion to relevant subjects?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#22012 Apr 10, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
MUQ1 wrote:
I fail to realize how much hate and hatred a human breast can hold, when I read posts like yours. Get rid of it and behave at least like a human
Hate? You call that hate? That's relatively friendly.

And as a Muslim, you've got your nerve calling anybody else hateful. You treat your women like crap, threaten peoiple, wage holy wars, suicide bomb, hijack airplanes, behead people, stone them, shoot them in the face, and throw acid in their faces. We are justifed in rejecting all of that with indignance.

What you need to realize is that much of the world has no respect for your religion. We don't like anything about it. If you're going to peddle it on the Internet, you're going to hear about it. We are as free to mock your religion as you are to praise it. You will not be able to manipulate people with this whiny victim stuff complaining about the negativity expressed to you.

Freedom of expression is a bitch, huh?

Fennario

#22013 Apr 11, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
What are you doing but glossing over the horrors of your religion to present it in a favorable light. You can rest assured that we tell the Christians what we think of their religion as well.
MUQ1 wrote:
There's nothing to solve, and no new conclusions needing reaching. Your religion is harmful and undesirable. You can't modify that with words. You need to stop behaving like wild animals.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#22014 Apr 11, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
...I see the same apologetic things in your post, just glossing over the mistakes of others and concentrating only on Islam and Muslims to show them in bad light.
This is the ploy normally used by people these days....
Yes, by you and other Islamists and it's not a ploy - you actually believe what you say. We are telling a more accurate and less biased version, on the whole.

I found this on the Web. Many a true word spoken in jest.....

MUSLIMS ARE NOT HAPPY!

They're not happy in Egypt ..
They're not happy in Libya ..
They're not happy in Morocco ..
They're not happy in Iran ..
They're not happy in Iraq ..
They're not happy in Yemen ..
They're not happy in Afghanistan ..
They're not happy in Pakistan ..
They're not happy in Syria ..
They're not happy in Lebanon ..

SO, WHERE ARE THEY HAPPY?

They're happy in Australia .
They're happy in Canada .
They're happy in England ..
They're happy in France ..
They're happy in Italy ..
They're happy in Germany ..
They're happy in Sweden ..
They're happy in the USA ..
They're happy in Norway ..
They're happy in Holland .
They're happy in Denmark .

Basically, they're happy in every country that is not Muslim
And unhappy in every country that is!

AND WHO DO THEY BLAME?

Not Islam.
Not their leadership.
Not themselves.

THEY BLAME THE COUNTRIES THEY ARE HAPPY IN!
Unquote.
There's a germ of truth there, Muq.

Religion = superstition

One of Paris' nicest districts

#22015 Apr 11, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Hate? You call that hate? That's relatively friendly.
And as a Muslim, you've got your nerve calling anybody else hateful.
MUQs get very angry that we are not desert billies owning many camels and thus insensible at the sons of camels prophet jokes

Since: Feb 14

Dhaka, Bangladesh

#22016 Apr 15, 2014
Let's hope religion dies out soon. It has stayed to long within our socities and culture. Poisened us with bullshit and thought us our religion is the one and the rest should burn in hell. But soon people will stop with their radical ways and if there is no faith nor belief in the supernatural will the nonesense stop.

MUQ1 you seem to be deluted in your world about your one true religion, I do not admire people who put their entire life in religion because for me it sounds crazy and insane.
And do not start with I am not insane, and if I am insane so is the 4 billion oher religious perons. Look, It's like someone for rest of his life still believeing in Santa Claus or an imaginary friend, do you know how mad that sounds? Yes for you it sounds crazy. And that is how I see people who have devoted part of their life into supernatural dogma bullcrap

JUBAIL, KSA

#22017 Apr 15, 2014
Elixz wrote:
Let's hope religion dies out soon. It has stayed to long within our socities and culture. Poisened us with bullshit and thought us our religion is the one and the rest should burn in hell. But soon people will stop with their radical ways and if there is no faith nor belief in the supernatural will the nonesense stop.
MUQ1 you seem to be deluted in your world about your one true religion, I do not admire people who put their entire life in religion because for me it sounds crazy and insane.
And do not start with I am not insane, and if I am insane so is the 4 billion oher religious perons. Look, It's like someone for rest of his life still believeing in Santa Claus or an imaginary friend, do you know how mad that sounds? Yes for you it sounds crazy. And that is how I see people who have devoted part of their life into supernatural dogma bullcrap
Religion has stayed as long as human civlization. Its demise shall also mean the end of human civlization.

Obviously you do not have any idea about religions as how they started. they did not start the was our Modern Thinkers think it started.

It did not start from darkness and then slowly came to light, but it started from full light and people tried to pull it toward darkness.

There has always been only one true religion, all thru ages. People tried to corrupt it and they gave their own names to these corrupted and distorted religions.

Obviously you have neither any info, nor any aptitude to think and analyze these matters.

Your comments are very childish, considering that you have mixed fictions and fantasies like Santa Clause with Creator of this Universe and prophets and Divine Revelation.

Fennario

#22018 Apr 15, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
Religion has stayed as long as human civlization. Its demise shall also mean the end of human civlization.
What an absurd claim. How could that be possible? Religion makes no contribution to civilization. It is a societal parasite - always taking - and can't die fast enough.

There is a reason why the rise of faith and religion at the expense of reason was called the Dark Ages, and why the rebirth of reason and the illumination of the world by its application were called the Renaissance and Enlightenment.

Devil's hometown

#22019 Apr 16, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you do not have any idea about religions as how they started. they did not start the was our Modern Thinkers think it started.
It did not start from darkness and then slowly came to light, but it started from full light and people tried to pull it toward darkness.
There has always been only one true religion, all thru ages. People tried to corrupt it and they gave their own names to these corrupted and distorted religions.
Obviously you have neither any info, nor any aptitude to think and analyze these matters.
Your comments are very childish, considering that you have mixed fictions and fantasies like Santa Clause with Creator of this Universe and prophets and Divine Revelation.
Scandinavian countries are predominantly atheistic and they're reckoned among happiest nations in the world.The world would do much better without religion.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#22020 Apr 16, 2014
On some level, even Muq sees the writing on the wall for religion
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion has stayed as long as human civlization. Its demise shall also mean the end of human civlization...blah...blah..... .Creator of this Universe and prophets and Divine Revelation.
It's the last bastion of superstition.

http://www.jesusandmo.net/2014/04/16/eggs2/

Religion = superstition
It's now a house of cards.
Libertarian

London, UK

#22021 Apr 16, 2014
Woo hoo!

Not true though.

Unfortunately as its been with us since the dawn of time because we fear death but are smart enough to know its going to happen.

Slavery was abolished, we still have racists.
Human rights but we still have homophobes, chauvenists etc.

Religion with be with us for ever, it doesnt mean we have to make it easy for them.

We must educate the children they lie to, give evidence for the things they wont believe and best of all hold them to their word.

Yes, make them all practice what they preach. no one married in a church should be allowed to divorce, the women lose their rights if they want to worship a god who thinks they are lesser than men and most of all

IF YOU DONT ACCEPT EVOLUTION YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO USE (SCIENCE BASED, EVIDENCE LED, EVOLUTION SUPPORTING)
MODERN MEDICINE.

Broken leg? Start praying. They die off soon enough.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#22022 Apr 16, 2014
Libertarian wrote:
....Religion with be with us for ever,....
yes, like witchcraft, but clerics will ultimately take their place beside witches, soothsayers and druids.
The questions are is when and how fast.

Theology = mythology

Fennario

#22023 Apr 16, 2014
Libertarian wrote:
Woo hoo! Not true though. Unfortunately as its been with us since the dawn of time because we fear death but are smart enough to know its going to happen.
Religion will be defeated, not eliminated, which is enough. We have no need to do more.
Libertarian wrote:
Slavery was abolished, we still have racists. Human rights but we still have homophobes, chauvenists etc.
And slavery is still defeated where it has been abolished, racists or not. That's good enough.
Libertarian wrote:
Religion with be with us for ever, it doesnt mean we have to make it easy for them.
Druidism is still with us, as is Zeus worship. Who cares? Christianity can join them and it will be fine. What does the Celtic goddess Brigid think about gay marriage and abortion?

Me neither. And Jesus can join them, along with Ahura Mazda, Wodin, and Quetzalcoatl. Isn't that defeat enough?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#22024 Apr 16, 2014
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>yes, like witchcraft, but clerics will ultimately take their place beside witches, soothsayers and druids.
The questions are is when and how fast.
Theology = mythology
Indeed.

One day, you'll see books on the history of christianity right next to history of Thor and other, discarded religions.

I wonder what will come next? Trekkism? Jediasm? Terminatorism? Some sort of zombie-anticipation cult?

Interesting Times.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 27 min Just Think 232,912
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr woodtick57 2,288
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 4 hr Mikko 2
Yes, atheists can be fundamentalists 4 hr Mikko 2
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 5 hr Thinking 3
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 11 hr _Bad Company 143
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... Sat Yiago 148
More from around the web