Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Read more: Psychology Today 23,567

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Read more
rider

Marquette, MI

#21917 Mar 24, 2014
The Rachel Maddow Show: Christian Conservatism's Shadowy ...

► 6:10► 6:10

crooksandliars.com/.../rachel-maddo ...

Crooks and Liars

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

#21918 Mar 24, 2014
What did prophet preach?(The other side of story)

Selection from the book MISHKAT AL MASABEEH (an authentic collection of sayings of prophet) Part-8

Subject: Different

41. Prophet PBUH said “One who does not show love and compassion on others, shall not be shown love and compassion (by Allah).

42. A small boy was brought to Prophet PBUH , he kissed him and said “be aware, these are the cause of miserness in man, and these are flowers given by Allah”

43. Prophet PBUH said “If you shake hands (when you meet), it would remove enmity and if you send gifts to each other, you would love each other and you shall not be close fisted”

44. Prophet PBUH said “If some one wants that people should remain standing in his presence, then he should choose his place in the hell fire”

45. Prophet PBUH said “On the Last day, you shall be called out by your names, so you should choose good names for your self and your children”

46. Narrated Aiyesha the wife of Prophet PBUH “I never saw prophet laughing loudly, he would only smile”

47. Prophet PBUH said “If one gives me guaranty about what is between teeth (i.e tongue) and what is between his two legs (i.e. his private parts), I will guaranty for him paradise”

48. Prophet PBUH said “To abuse any Muslim is gave sin and to fight with him is an act of unbelief”

49. Prophet PBUH said “If some one calls any believer O unbeliever, then the word will return to one of them”

50. Prophet PBUH said “If two persons abuse each other, then blame would be on the one who began, unless he was the one who was wronged by the other”

51. Prophet PBUH said “Backbiter shall not enter the paradise”

“AU KAMA QAAL ALAIHI AL SALAT WA SALAAM (Prophet PBUH said these or similar words)

Contd.

JUBAIL, KSA

#21919 Mar 25, 2014
Elixz wrote:
Thanks guys, I appreciate that you guys replied in such a nice way ^^.

Now to topix\c:

01. Europe will get rid of the religion pretty soon. I know a significent amount of the people are still in some religion, but as I have gone through with my life, can I say it's in decline. I think religion Will face it's defeat. It'll end up being forgotten because there is almost no use in it.

02. Well you could argue that some spiritual views might help People overcome certain Things. Yes, I would agree With that, but most People already know the truth, they just don't want to admit it. Even With all of Your faith you might believe in someting you'll still be uncertain, because we are like that, you can even see the same behavouir amongst other animal species.

03. The was a time when even religious People thought maybe we were wrong, maybe there are other solutions there were People like that, but they didn't know what else to believe in, but now in this modern day age is it really needed?
Ans.

Thank you for your "prediction" and that is what is the topic of this thread.

They have picked up even the year when Athiesm would overtake religion.

01. But it is my conviction that Athiesm will never be acceptable for majority of people at any time.

Because Athiesm is based on negation and no society can be built up on negative thoughts, they have to contribute some thing positive.

The athiesm has not answered the most fundamental of questions which come to human minds.

i.e. what is purpose of our lives and what shall happen to us when we die?

Just ignoring to answer these questions and say they do not matter, is not correct.

02. What I perceive that with the amassed scientific knowledge most of "man made" religions and "models of God" that humans have made shall be removed as becoming obsolete and out dated.

03. But that will be the time when True religion, based on reason and logic shall take its due place in the world.

It is Islam and only Islam which can move with time and be current at all times.

There is no dogma in this religion and every one can understand and grasp its truth and beauty.

Rise of Athiesm is a good news for Islam, because its opeiing "starts with a Negation".

I.e. "There is no one worthy of worship except Allah".

Our athiests have gone to the first part….now they have to say "Except Allah"!!

Let us wait and see.

Because without religion, there is a spiritual void in humans and it cannot be filled with any thing else.
DonPanic

Paris, France

#21920 Mar 25, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
44. Prophet PBUH said “If some one wants that people should remain standing in his presence, then he should choose his place in the hell fire”
You prophet probably ignored that Allah is supposed to always watch for us us body and soul, therefore the Humans should never be standing up.
MUQ1 wrote:
46. Narrated Aiyesha the wife of Prophet PBUH “I never saw prophet laughing loudly, he would only smile””
That's why your prophet didn't reach very old an age, modern medecine tells that some laughter each a day is good for health, relax peoples, helps them having good sleep and cuts down agressivity..
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#21921 Mar 25, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
Unhappily, peoples are quite incurable, when not in a god, they believe in astrology
That's one way to look at it, but very negative. Superstitions in general have greatly declined and religion is the last bastion of superstition.
http://www.theatlantic.com/international/arch...

Education, the increase in scientific knowledge and growing Internet access are steadily undermining religious faith. They show it isn't a source of spiritual fulfilment (supposing that to be a good thing) but mere superstition, dogma and ignorance.

Religion = superstition
Theology = mythology
Blasphemy = satire

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#21922 Mar 25, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
it is my conviction that Athiesm will never be acceptable for majority of people at any time. Because Athiesm is based on negation and no society can be built up on negative thoughts, they have to contribute some thing positive.
Atheism is based on rational skepticism - the preference for reason and evidence over dogma. Negating the unsubstantiated claims of the religions and weakening them so that they can be replaced with something better is a great contribution.
MUQ1 wrote:
The athiesm has not answered the most fundamental of questions which come to human minds. i.e. what is purpose of our lives and what shall happen to us when we die? Just ignoring to answer these questions and say they do not matter, is not correct.
Atheism doesn't answer questions, and isn't consulted for answers. We do that with mathematics, philosophy, and the sciences.
MUQ1 wrote:
True religion, based on reason and logic shall take its due place in the world.
That's nonsense. Reason is the enemy of faith and religion. Systems based on reason will replace faith based systems and their dogma.

Fennario

#21923 Mar 25, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
It is Islam and only Islam which can move with time and be current at all times.
Yours is the most primitive of the three Abrahamic faiths. It hasn't progressed since the Western Renaissance, and has become much more conservative, fundamentalist and isolated since its peak in history during the Western Middle Ages. That is also when it stopped making contributions to mathematics, philosophy, and science. It has stagnated since, and has been sterile for centuries.
MUQ1 wrote:
There is no dogma in this religion and every one can understand and grasp its truth and beauty.
There is nothing but dogma in Islam, that is, things that are asserted forcefully, without evidence, and with no interest in contradiction.
MUQ1 wrote:
Rise of Athiesm is a good news for Islam, because its opeiing "starts with a Negation". I.e. "There is no one worthy of worship except Allah".
As I said, your faith comprises nothing but dogma. There is no evidence for this Allah, and there is nothing that should be worshiped.
MUQ1 wrote:
without religion, there is a spiritual void in humans and it cannot be filled with any thing else.
Your religion, like the Christian religion, is an impediment to authentic spirituality. You seem to think that spirituality has to do with spirits. It doesn't. It has to do with a proper understanding of - and connection to - our world and to one another. Your faith is a divisive fairy tale that debases you and estranges you from reality. It redirects your attention from this world to nonexistent realms and creatures, and it debases authentic mystery with empty non-answers: goddidit.

“The holy experience”

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#21924 Mar 25, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Thank you for your "prediction" and that is what is the topic of this thread.
They have picked up even the year when Athiesm would overtake religion.
01. But it is my conviction that Athiesm will never be acceptable for majority of people at any time.
Because Athiesm is based on negation and no society can be built up on negative thoughts, they have to contribute some thing positive.
The athiesm has not answered the most fundamental of questions which come to human minds.
Just ignoring to answer these questions and say they do not matter, is not correct.
02. What I perceive that with the amassed scientific knowledge most of "man made" religions and "models of God" that humans have made shall be removed as becoming obsolete and out dated.
03. But that will be the time when True religion, based on reason and logic shall take its due place in the world.
Rise of Athiesm is a good news for Islam, because its opeiing "starts with a Negation".
I.e. "There is no one worthy of worship except Allah".
Our athiests have gone to the first part….now they have to say "Except Allah"!!
Let us wait and see.
Because without religion, there is a spiritual void in humans and it cannot be filled with any thing else.
Your quote:"Because without religion, there is a spiritual void in humans and it cannot be filled with any thing else"
I guess you don't have to be religious to be spiritual.
As far as purpose of life is concerned,we seriously doubt religions have honest opinion on it.
They do speak a lot on purpose of our lives but that doesn't mean we have to take them on face value.
All we see is inconsistencies,lies and myths in religion which is enough to say that they are not compatible with reason .

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#21925 Mar 25, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That's OK. Religion can exist in a shrunken, disempowered and irrelevant form, and you won't even know its there - like the Druids. You wouldn't mind Christianity if it were like Druidism. For example, what's the Druid position on abortion or gay marriage? Me, neither, and that's exactly the point. The Christians appear to be on their way to that status, too.
This is an exciting time for unbelievers.
As a believer, I'm OK with that, too.

Whatever the Druid position on gay marriage - count me in.

Say, Doc. Got my arm slammed in a car door 6 weeks ago, just below the elbow.(You should see the other guy) Over the past 2 weeks, developed numbness in my fingers and intense pain around the elbow joint when I move or twist the hand. Nerve damage? See an orthopedic doc? It seems to be getting worse.

Location hidden

#21926 Mar 25, 2014
<quoted text>
Yours is the most primitive of the three Abrahamic faiths. It hasn't progressed since the Western Renaissance, and has become much more conservative, fundamentalist and isolated since its peak in history during the Western Middle Ages. That is also when it stopped making contributions to mathematics, philosophy, and science. It has stagnated since, and has been sterile for centuries.
<quoted text>
There is nothing but dogma in Islam, that is, things that are asserted forcefully, without evidence, and with no interest in contradiction.
<quoted text>
As I said, your faith comprises nothing but dogma. There is no evidence for this Allah, and there is nothing that should be worshiped.
<quoted text>
Your religion, like the Christian religion, is an impediment to authentic spirituality. You seem to think that spirituality has to do with spirits. It doesn't. It has to do with a proper understanding of - and connection to - our world and to one another. Your faith is a divisive fairy tale that debases you and estranges you from reality. It redirects your attention from this world to nonexistent realms and creatures, and it debases authentic mystery with empty non-answers: goddidit.
Mostly agree. The "connectedness" to the world and to others is a key concept. You and I likely disagree on how to analyze and interpret that concept. I don't think it's a physical brain function entirely. You probably do. I have more work to do on you.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#21927 Mar 25, 2014
Elixz wrote:
...Europe will get rid of the religion pretty soon. I know a significent amount of the people are still in some religion, but as I have gone through with my life, can I say it's in decline. I think religion Will face it's defeat. It'll end up being forgotten because there is almost no use in it....
Absolutely.

Clerics belong bracketed witch-doctors and medicine-men.

Religion = superstition

“I'm out hunting”

Since: Jan 10

For your mind and soul

#21928 Mar 25, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>

Atheism is not supposed to answer these questions since it is not a philosophy or religion. You just want answers and cannot admit that such answers can not and may never be answered. So you turn to religion to make up one for you.

Since: Dec 06

Charlie's

#21929 Mar 25, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
For the purpose of your life, at first go and ask your father and mother why they gave you birth, this is not question to ask to atheists.
And atheists tell you that death is the end of you, nothing more happens than your return to dust, just be brave and face it instead of lying yourself with vain fairy tales of eternal paradises.
MUQ1 wrote:
There is void only for imbeciles, Men who set aims for their lifetime feel no void.

Since: Dec 06

Charlie's

#21930 Mar 25, 2014
EdSed wrote:
That's one way to look at it, but very negative. Superstitions in general have greatly declined and religion is the last bastion of superstition.
http://www.theatlantic.com/international/arch...
Education, the increase in scientific knowledge and growing Internet access are steadily undermining religious faith.
There are educated countries where religious practices keep strong, to begin with USA, where religions behave as profitable business.
Good standards of living are as necessary as education, you mentioned Internet, thus access to computers, thus electric and phone nets, therefore I think that city way of life makes more for loss of religious practices than education and scientific knowledge.

Fennario

#21931 Mar 25, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
As a believer, I'm OK with that, too.
Whatever the Druid position on gay marriage - count me in.
Say, Doc. Got my arm slammed in a car door 6 weeks ago, just below the elbow.(You should see the other guy) Over the past 2 weeks, developed numbness in my fingers and intense pain around the elbow joint when I move or twist the hand. Nerve damage? See an orthopedic doc? It seems to be getting worse.
Yes, I think you'll want to see a neurologist for a probable traumatic ulnar neuropathy < http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulnar_neuropathy > , especially if the numbeness or tingling is on the little finger side of the hand.

It might need no intervention, but you should get help in making the call. Perhaps local treatment of some type is in order. I don't know enough about this area of medicine to advise you better than this. My job was to solve what I could, and get the rest into the right hands.

You may have fractured part of the bony elbow (see olecranon < http://radiopaedia.org/articles/olecranon-fra... >), so somebody needs to x-ray the elbow. If you've fractured something, then an orthopedist may be involved as you suggest.

If you start with the neurologist, s/he can order the elbow radiology and coordinate it with an orthopedist if the elbow needs something. I was an internist (internal medicine)- you know, hearts, livers, kidneys, lungs, glands, guts -. the soft innards, not the bony, meaty box encasing, nor the nervous system monitoring and regulating them both. That's the basic body plan of a man, a deer, and a fish - skin, meat and bone around the soft entrails around the central nervous system.

Location hidden

#21932 Mar 26, 2014
<quoted text>
Yes, I think you'll want to see a neurologist for a probable traumatic ulnar neuropathy < http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulnar_neuropathy > , especially if the numbeness or tingling is on the little finger side of the hand.
It might need no intervention, but you should get help in making the call. Perhaps local treatment of some type is in order. I don't know enough about this area of medicine to advise you better than this. My job was to solve what I could, and get the rest into the right hands.
You may have fractured part of the bony elbow (see olecranon < http://radiopaedia.org/articles/olecranon-fra... >), so somebody needs to x-ray the elbow. If you've fractured something, then an orthopedist may be involved as you suggest.
If you start with the neurologist, s/he can order the elbow radiology and coordinate it with an orthopedist if the elbow needs something. I was an internist (internal medicine)- you know, hearts, livers, kidneys, lungs, glands, guts -. the soft innards, not the bony, meaty box encasing, nor the nervous system monitoring and regulating them both. That's the basic body plan of a man, a deer, and a fish - skin, meat and bone around the soft entrails around the central nervous system.
Thanks. I hate to embark on a journey through the medical maze, but might have no choice.

So far I've been rubbing horse liniment on it. Hasn't done anything but make me smell awful and occasionally snort.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#21933 Mar 26, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
There are educated countries where religious practices keep strong, to begin with USA, where religions behave as profitable business.
Good standards of living are as necessary as education, you mentioned Internet, thus access to computers, thus electric and phone nets, therefore I think that city way of life makes more for loss of religious practices than education and scientific knowledge.
Interesting different perspective you have.

I don't think good standards of living enter into it. That seems to me to be a misunderstanding of what's happening. Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I think it's more to do with communities of ideas or what is often called 'cultures'. There is a culture in the USA that seems very positive about religion, despite all the problems religion causes and how it conflicts with aims for a more inclusive society. The UK is often seen as culturally similar and close to the USA, but most Brits readily see religion for what it is. There is a 'culture of religion' but it seems far weaker than in the USA. Even many Christians here don't seriously believe in the virgin birth or any of the mumbo-jumbo. One friend of mine (however absurdly) argues that religion brings people together and sees religion as 'normal'. Hilariously, one religionist said to someone I know "religion gives life direction so you don't have to think if you're a Christian".(I suspect it was a more telling remark than the speaker knew!:-)

I know of no evidence rural people are more likely to be religious in the UK than town dwellers, but does such a divide exist in the USA?
http://www.gallup.com/poll/114022/state-state...

There are atheists in Iraq and Humanists in Israel, so I don't think standards of living have much to do with it. I think it is more to do with how religion is generally viewed. Also the history and culture of different towns, counties and nations. Even within those, youth tends to be less religious than the older generation in all countries where education standards are high. So there are significant variations within nations and within populations with the same standards of living.

At least that's how it currently appears to me, though of course I'm aware of the arguments that as stress on a given society rises (e.g. substantially lower standard of living), so might the level of religious affiliation, to a degree.

JUBAIL, KSA

#21934 Mar 26, 2014
John wrote:
Atheism is not supposed to answer these questions since it is not a philosophy or religion. You just want answers and cannot admit that such answers can not and may never be answered. So you turn to religion to make up one for you.
Ans.

Since Atheism is based on negation, it cannot have any positive answer for any thing.

Atheists just speak from their assumptions and there is nothing concrete in their arguments.

Every Athiests might differ with each other on every issue, except on negation, that "there is no God and there is no religion".

We do not "turn to religion" to get the answer, this is from the day when first human set foot on the earth.

His role and his purpose of life was decided by his Creator.

JUBAIL, KSA

#21935 Mar 26, 2014
Don wrote:
01. You prophet probably ignored that Allah is supposed to always watch for us us body and soul, therefore the Humans should never be standing up.
MUQ1 wrote:

02. That's why your prophet didn't reach very old an age, modern medecine tells that some laughter each a day is good for health, relax peoples, helps them having good sleep and cuts down agressivity..

03. And atheists tell you that death is the end of you, nothing more happens than your return to dust, just be brave and face it instead of lying yourself with vain fairy tales of eternal paradises.

04. There is void only for imbeciles, Men who set aims for their lifetime feel no void.

05. For the purpose of your life, at first go and ask your father and mother why they gave you birth, this is not question to ask to atheists.

Ans.

01. Nothing is hidden from Allah in the whole Universe. So you should stop eating and drinking and sleeping… What an Idiot!!

02. What is the average life of a "Comedian"? What sort of idiotic remark is this?

03. Atheists only "claim" that death is the end of matters, they have no proofs and they can never get any proofs.

That is why Allah says in Quran "These people only speak with conjecture and conjecture is no match with Truth"!

04. The void is getting clear every day. Old age homes, Homosexuality on the rise, over indulgence in wine, gambling, sexual perversion, mental illness, all are tell tale signs of the spiritual void.

Wait till the fruits of your spiritual void ripe.

05. No parent is even aware when the child is conceived in the womb. They have no choice which one of the millions of ejected sperm would mate and what would be the characteristic of the new born.

To call one's parents as our creator and defining what is purpose of our lives is ridiculous and only brainless people like Atheists would say such non sense.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#21936 Mar 26, 2014
Religion = superstition
Theology = mythology

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Zog Has-fallen 18,497
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 2 hr DebraE 14,566
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 hr Uncle Sam 237,766
News Confessions of a black atheist 5 hr Savant 340
The Ultimate Evidence of God (Mar '14) 6 hr James 153
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 11 hr thetruth 1,996
News Atheists open up: What they want you to know 11 hr thetruth 23
More from around the web