Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments
20,661 - 20,680 of 21,501 Comments Last updated 20 min ago

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#21896 Mar 22, 2014
Elixz wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what? I knew about evolution when i was around 6 years old, well i knew the basics at least...
My parents a ultra religious muslims, they thought me all about islam, if u just knew the magnitude...
But at the same time as they tried to brainwash wasn't it right With what i was thought in School...
I live now in a 3rd world muslim U-country in asia. I go to a School where they teach about even evolution, the teacher is a atheist, but the kids all fail in his classes(I still pass), but when the replacement comes it goes much smoother for the others.
You see if we are to Progress to the future, we need to have knowledge about the real world.
We need the People who doesn't know what is going on.
In my Class most of the kids didn't know there were 8 planets in Our solar system. They didn't know the names either. They had no idea what type of planet Jupiter was.
It makes me feel like I am stupid for even trying. It is possible to tell them they're not correct, but it's not likely they'll be convinced.
P.S Sorry about my English, I come from Norway and i got bad grades in my English.
Don't worry to much about minor errors in English. Good writing has less to do with grammar, spelling, and even punctuation than with how ideas are conceived, organized, and presented. You do quite well in that regard.

Since: Mar 12

Devil's hometown

#21897 Mar 22, 2014
Elixz wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what? I knew about evolution when i was around 6 years old, well i knew the basics at least...
My parents a ultra religious muslims, they thought me all about islam, if u just knew the magnitude...
But at the same time as they tried to brainwash wasn't it right With what i was thought in School...
I live now in a 3rd world muslim U-country in asia. I go to a School where they teach about even evolution, the teacher is a atheist, but the kids all fail in his classes(I still pass), but when the replacement comes it goes much smoother for the others.
You see if we are to Progress to the future, we need to have knowledge about the real world.
In my Class most of the kids didn't know there were 8 planets in Our solar system. They didn't know the names either. They had no idea what type of planet Jupiter was.
It makes me feel like I am stupid for even trying. It is possible to tell them they're not correct, but it's not likely they'll be convinced.
P.S Sorry about my English, I come from Norway and i got bad grades in my English.
I am sure you've got A+ in your Science class as you believe in Evolution the truth...:)
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#21898 Mar 22, 2014
Elixz wrote:
<quoted text>
....You see if we are to Progress to the future, we need to have knowledge about the real world.....
Shortage of affordable, quality education is holding developing countries back. Other impediments are outdated traditions and superstitions and sometimes prejudices against "western" ideas.
https://humanism.org.uk/campaigns/what-you-ca...
Elixz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for contributing.(Your personal story sounds as interesting as your comments :-)

Since: Dec 06

One of Paris nicest district

#21899 Mar 22, 2014
Elixz wrote:
My parents a ultra religious muslims, they thought me all about islam, if u just knew the magnitude...(...) In my Class most of the kids didn't know there were 8 planets in Our solar system. They didn't know the names either. They had no idea what type of planet Jupiter was.
Ultrareligious maybe, but ignorant that XII th century Islam was the world's most advanced in Science, Medecine, Astronomy, the open minded muslims used to say that studying God's creation was twice as valuable than praying.
Muslim sailors knew they way by skywatch and many stars have arab names.
Christians were many to study at El Andalous universities.
Elixz wrote:
Don't worry, my english has many weakness, what's important is to be understood, richness of thought always comes over the surface of the words
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#21900 Mar 22, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither you, you weren't there to see
<quoted text>
The Hebrews picked up stories all around them to invent their own history.
Not only Deluge, they even stole the discovery of baby Mose into the Sargon of Akkad legend:
"My changeling mother conceived me, in secret she bore me.
She set me in a basket of rushes, with bitumen she sealed My lid.
She cast me into the river which rose not (over) me,
The river bore me up and carried me to Akki, the drawer of water."
<quoted text>
Best theory about Deluge is the flood of what was to become the Black Sea after the melting of continental ice caps rising oceanic level over the Strait of Gibraltar
Actually the best theory of the deluge is that it never happened at all.

There literally isn't enough water on earth to cover all the land.

#21901 Mar 22, 2014
I can read wrote:
Actually the best theory of the deluge is that it never happened at all.
There literally isn't enough water on earth to cover all the land.
Youare talking about the trandiode biblic deluge, I'm talking about the sea level variations demonstrated by many studies and facts as this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosquer_Cave that may have started and fueled mythic stories of Great Flood, mainly around the Mediterrannean and the Black Sea

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

#21902 Mar 23, 2014
Elixz wrote:

Ans.

Yes there is much truth in what you say.

The same Muslims which once were leading the wolrd for many centuries have beome the Most backward and uneducated people on the world.

And it is not the fault of Islam or Quran or of Prophet.

Quran comemnts on so many natural phenomenon and asks Muslims to look and ponder on them..

Advent of Islam was in fact the dawn of reason and logic. Before Islam it was the age of magic and superstition.

Muslims were leading scientists, doctors astronomers and architechs and now the same Muslims do not know how many planets are there in solar system!!

Name given by Muslims to these planets still being used these days.

During Islamic days the scientists and astronomers were devout Muslims, now that position is taken by athiests who preach such false theories as Blind Theory of Evolution in the name of science.

PS:

You English is very good and you can convey your message very clearly.

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

#21903 Mar 23, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
Ultrareligious maybe, but ignorant that XII th century Islam was the world's most advanced in Science, Medecine, Astronomy, the open minded muslims used to say that studying God's creation was twice as valuable than praying.
Muslim sailors knew they way by skywatch and many stars have arab names.
Christians were many to study at El Andalous universities.
<quoted text>
Don't worry, my english has many weakness, what's important is to be understood, richness of thought always comes over the surface of the words
Not only upto 12th Century, but upto sixteenth or seventeenth' century. There was not much difference in Europe' s and Muslim's technology till that time. It was discovery of steam power that led to serge of European over Muslims.

And then it was downward slide for Muslims....because they lost power slowly and slowly ...

Devil's hometown

#21904 Mar 23, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only upto 12th Century, but upto sixteenth or seventeenth' century. There was not much difference in Europe' s and Muslim's technology till that time. It was discovery of steam power that led to serge of European over Muslims.
And then it was downward slide for Muslims....because they lost power slowly and slowly ...
It was not about power.It was about making a choice between sanity and insanity.The West rebelled against church that used to punish intellectuals for speaking against church and ensconcing Science.
On the other hand,the Muslims chose to live in intellectually bankrupt theistic environment over a vibrant liberal reason-based society.

#21905 Mar 23, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
The Muslims were decisively beaten on sea at the Battle of Lepante 1571
Steam power was only a point in the European superiority, Europe had deep intellectual revolution with its philosophers intending to spread science with writing encyclopedias
After 1600, european ships with raws of cannons could defeat any muslim ship.
Intellectual revolution fueled industrial revolution led by UK, followed by Germany and France

#21906 Mar 23, 2014
fadu singh wrote:
It was not about power.It was about making a choice between sanity and insanity.The West rebelled against church that used to punish intellectuals for speaking against church and ensconcing Science.
On the other hand,the Muslims chose to live in intellectually bankrupt theistic environment over a vibrant liberal reason-based society.
The facts are that most of the discovers and inventors in all domains are rather unconformist peoples.
Islam leeds to such a rigid and conformist society that it tends to drown creative spirit.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#21907 Mar 23, 2014
Don wrote:
01. The Muslims were decisively beaten on sea at the Battle of Lepante 1571
Steam power was only a point in the European superiority, Europe had deep intellectual revolution with its philosophers intending to spread science with writing encyclopedias
After 1600, european ships with raws of cannons could defeat any muslim ship.

Intellectual revolution fueled industrial revolution led by UK, followed by Germany and France

The facts are that most of the discovers and inventors in all domains are rather unconformist peoples.
Islam leeds to such a rigid and conformist society that it tends to drown creative spirit.
Ans.

01. 1571? That is almost 1000 years of Muslim Superiority in the world!!

And Islamic nations just did not melted in 1571, it was a slow process.

My analysis that it was steam power, which brought Industrial revolution in Europe was the point of Muslims to slide is more accurate.

But it is not Islam which is to be blamed for Muslim's decline. It propelled them and kept them at head of world for 1000 years, longer than any other religion has done for its people.

02. It is your assumption that they were "Non conformists" What would you say about Non Conformists of today who have Christans sounding names?

Islam never puts a limit to any "creative spirit", it channelizes it into things that are good for them as well as for society.

#21908 Mar 24, 2014
MUQ wrote:
But it is not Islam which is to be blamed for Muslim's decline. It propelled them and kept them at head of world for 1000 years, longer than any other religion has done for its people.
Fundamentalist Islam has led to reconquista in Spain and will lead to decline of Islam in the long term.
MUQ wrote:
It is your assumption that they were "Non conformists"
Science advancement is casting doubts at what is considered as etablished doctrine
MUQ wrote:
What would you say about Non Conformists of today who have Christans sounding names?
I don't care their religion
MUQ wrote:
Islam never puts a limit to any "creative spirit", it channelizes it into things that are good for them as well as for society.
It's such meaningful to see how fundamentalist muslims say that only tambourine is "halal" to see that it's a clear limit at peoples's creativity
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#21909 Mar 24, 2014
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
....Islam never puts a limit to any "creative spirit", it channelizes it into things that are good for them as well as for society.
Lol!'Channelizes' read represses.

Muq is in Saudi Arabia where women can't even drive or leave their head uncovered and there's a thought police.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_religiou...

Religion = superstition
It's divisive and arguably a form of collective insanity....
https://www.google.co.uk/search...

Devil's hometown

#21910 Mar 24, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.Muslims have never contributed anything significant to Science in last 2-3 centuries as they've been living in fear that Islam,like Christianity,would lose its hold if they encourage people to choose an unfettered intellectual life.
You can be a Scientist in a Muslim country as long as you disbelieve theories like Evolution that challenges Islam's fallacies.
Muslims,would be better as a community,if they were to acknowledge the need of reformation of Islam as many of its tenets are inconsistent with modern humanistic values.
I

Since: Feb 14

Dhaka, Bangladesh

#21911 Mar 24, 2014
Thanks guys, I appreciate that you guys replied in such a nice way ^^.
Now to topix\c:
Europe will get rid of the religion pretty soon. I know a significent amount of the people are still in some religion, but as I have gone through with my life, can I say it's in decline. I think religion Will face it's defeat. It'll end up being forgotten because there is almost no use in it. Well you could argue that some spiritual views might help People overcome certain Things. Yes, I would agree With that, but most People already know the truth, they just don't want to admit it. Even With all of Your faith you might believe in someting you'll still be uncertain, because we are like that, you can even see the same behavouir amongst other animal species.
The was a time when even religious People thought maybe we were wrong, maybe there are other solutions there were People like that, but they didn't know what else to believe in, but now in this modern day age is it really needed?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#21912 Mar 24, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
It's possible at the condition that Universe and God are the same thing.
one needs employ a non-religious definition of god

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#21913 Mar 24, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
one needs employ a non-religious definition of god
That's easy.

How about this: bullshyt that silly (and often insane) people believe in?

Or this: a magical wish-granting* super-being who strictly communicates emphatically, but always in such a way it is indistinguishable from ordinary human emotions?

* prayers are basically asking for wishes to be magically granted, after all.

#21914 Mar 24, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
That's easy.
How about this: bullshyt that silly (and often insane) people believe in?
Unhappily, peoples are quite incurable, when not in a god, they believe in astrology

“Handsome white and black men”

Since: Jan 10

Interracial love

#21915 Mar 24, 2014
Spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Then perhaps you will explain your support for Muq and Trani's views,,,, given that they have nothing approaching substantiated evidence to support their position.
I don't support their views. All I am saying is that evolution is not consistent with the traditional Creation story.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 6 min Patrick 27
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min New Age Spiritual... 226,292
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 15 min Patrick 172
Our world came from nothing? 24 min Patrick 418
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 1 hr True Christian wi... 44
100% Faith Free 3 hr Thinking 11
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 4 hr ChristineM 902
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••