Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24181 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#21857 Mar 19, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're lying again, and I believe that there is nothing that you wouldn't say to promote your religion and its church. I think that you have little awareness - and you church little regard - for the damage you might do. They don't care, and nor will you.
Neither you nor your church cares if your scientific disinformation makes causes a child to disrespect, never learn science, and become less competitive in the world. You don't care if is undermines trust in science and facilitates the climate change naysayers.
Why should either of you? You're an uncritical Christian who does what his selfish church wants him to do without regard for the consequence, and your church is a societal parasite.
The reality is that he is jealous that you know more about his buybull more than he does. They get all nasty and stuck up when we know more about their fiction than they do.

Since: Feb 14

Tejgaon, Bangladesh

#21858 Mar 19, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am coining a new word "Blind Evolution" where no one knows what shape and size and properties would a new specie will take from the one it started to evolve.
I need not have to look into any dictionary for this new word.
This "Blind Theory of Evolution" is what our Pseudo Scientists have made out of the "Original Theory of Evolution" as propounded by Darwin.
Here is a test;
Let's Wolvs stay with us, and let's it say it has been with us humans for a very long time. And many generations later... You might see what I mean when you think about "Dogs" or even "Cats". They'll adept to their surroundings and something will happen. You know what this process it called, right?
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#21859 Mar 19, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> Just because you cannot find Darwins Special theory on the internet does not mean it does not exist ! find yourself a copy of his original book and there you will find it in all its glory :)
Let me guess, the reason you don't want to post any evidence for your claims is because the same website has pictoral evidence of you molesting camels.

These pictures of you engaging in bestiality are just as real as your claims about Darwin's theories, right?
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#21860 Mar 19, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> You have never really read the Bible have you ? Besides it being in the Bible its also an legend in about 500 different ancient societies ! Suddenly the Ark does not have to hold so many different kinds of animals ! 500 beliefs 500 different boats all around the same period in time :)
A pity for you that science tells us that 2 of any species aren't enough to keep it alive.

The bible doesn't teach much about the perils of inbreeding, does it?

Since: Dec 06

Charlie's

#21861 Mar 19, 2014
I can read wrote:
A pity for you that science tells us that 2 of any species aren't enough to keep it alive.
The bible doesn't teach much about the perils of inbreeding, does it?
Sure not, according to the Bible, we should all be descending from an unique couple.

Charlie's

#21862 Mar 19, 2014
emperorjohn wrote:
The reality is that he is jealous that you know more about his buybull more than he does.
The reality is that a large majority of the Christians see no conflict bitwin their religious conviction and Darwinism.
The only conclusion is that trandiode and the MUQsis are fanatic fundamentalists
Spider

Cambridge, UK

#21863 Mar 19, 2014
<quoted text>
Agreed.
The cardinal feature of perfection is that you can't change it and still have perfection. Imagine a perfect circle. Any change in it makes it imperfect. A perfect god not only couldn't act, it couldn't think. Thinking would change its perfect mental state.
Actually you can take a circle and make it in perfect, as you can a sphere,, I do however understand your thought here.

The problem I have with Muqs line of thought is as I have tried to point out. A all power full and knowing entity in total control, knowing all that has ever been , or all that will ever be, is interesting.,, However,, a perfect entity has no room for mistakes, they do not enter the equation,,, to do so becomes less than perfect. therefore god or gods is pure fabrication by men who wish to play god.

Charlie's

#21864 Mar 19, 2014
Spider wrote:
therefore god or gods is pure fabrication by men who wish to play god.
And are megalomaniac who whish for eternal life. To be cured in some mads asileum.
Spider

Cambridge, UK

#21865 Mar 19, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
And are megalomaniac who whish for eternal life. To be cured in some mads asileum.
Megalomaniacs can exist both sides of the fence,,, just my thought.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#21866 Mar 19, 2014
trandiode wrote:
You have never really read the Bible have you ?
Cover to cover several times. Have you ever read it?
trandiode wrote:
Besides it being in the Bible its also an legend in about 500 different ancient societies ! Suddenly the Ark does not have to hold so many different kinds of animals ! 500 beliefs 500 different boats all around the same period in time :)
Nonsense.

If you'd like to be taken seriously, source your claims. Naked claims are just opinions until supported with evidence and cogent argument. I don't care what you believe - just what you can demonstrate.

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

#21867 Mar 19, 2014
Elixz wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a test;
Let's Wolvs stay with us, and let's it say it has been with us humans for a very long time. And many generations later... You might see what I mean when you think about "Dogs" or even "Cats". They'll adept to their surroundings and something will happen. You know what this process it called, right?
OK you try that, and then shall we speak after 1 million years?

Good!!
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#21868 Mar 19, 2014
<quoted text>
Cover to cover several times. Have you ever read it?
<quoted text>
Nonsense.
If you'd like to be taken seriously, source your claims. Naked claims are just opinions until supported with evidence and cogent argument. I don't care what you believe - just what you can demonstrate.
I think he is alluding to the fact that Noahs flood bears strong resemblance to the epic of gilgamesh.

However he is also proving that he's a troll and doesn't actually believe the stuff he writes.

After all, the epic of gilgamesh is around 1000 years older than the torah AND the mere suggestion that there were 500 boats completely contradicts the story in the bible that god was just saving noah and his family.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#21869 Mar 19, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> You have never really read the Bible have you ? Besides it being in the Bible its also an legend in about 500 different ancient societies ! Suddenly the Ark does not have to hold so many different kinds of animals ! 500 beliefs 500 different boats all around the same period in time :)
Survivors tell the tale. Biblically speaking, that would be impossible, there were no surviving societies nor people left to tell. Dead people also quit keeping record of their own history, and several groups of peoples have an unbroken line of historical documentation, going back thousands of years. So suffice it to say, there are places on this planet, that the world-wide flood never touched. Too many in fact, for the "Noah and the ark" tale to be truth.

Fennario

#21870 Mar 20, 2014
I can read wrote:
I think he is alluding to the fact that Noahs flood bears strong resemblance to the epic of gilgamesh ...[which] is around 1000 years older than the torah AND the mere suggestion that there were 500 boats completely contradicts the story in the bible that god was just saving noah and his family.
Agreed - that and any other number of other myths that he chooses to invoke as evidence for his Noachian myth, which, as you note, is distinct from the others in its specifics.

Fennario

#21871 Mar 20, 2014
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Survivors tell the tale. Biblically speaking, that would be impossible, there were no surviving societies nor people left to tell. Dead people also quit keeping record of their own history, and several groups of peoples have an unbroken line of historical documentation, going back thousands of years. So suffice it to say, there are places on this planet, that the world-wide flood never touched. Too many in fact, for the "Noah and the ark" tale to be truth.
Hi there, old friend.

Since: Feb 14

Tejgaon, Bangladesh

#21872 Mar 20, 2014
MUQ, have you googled Evolution? I think you're still confused...
trandiode

Walkley Heights, Australia

#21873 Mar 20, 2014
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he is alluding to the fact that Noahs flood bears strong resemblance to the epic of gilgamesh.
However he is also proving that he's a troll and doesn't actually believe the stuff he writes.
After all, the epic of gilgamesh is around 1000 years older than the torah AND the mere suggestion that there were 500 boats completely contradicts the story in the bible that god was just saving noah and his family.
You do not know anything about the origins of the story of Noah ! It well precedes the date that it was written about in the Torah ! So your timing is off and not only that, the part of the Torah you are referring to was Gods description to the Jewish people about their history and their history only ! It was done for the Jewish people to help them understand about there own history of events ! Not the whole of mankind's at that moment in time ! Understand that and it may open your eyes a bit ! That is why the same story can be found in so many other places , it happened all over the earth and was not limited to just Noah and his single Ark !

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“BAS in Electrical Engineering”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#21874 Mar 20, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> You do not know anything about the origins of the story of Noah ! It well precedes the date that it was written about in the Torah ! So your timing is off and not only that, the part of the Torah you are referring to was Gods description to the Jewish people about their history and their history only ! It was done for the Jewish people to help them understand about there own history of events ! Not the whole of mankind's at that moment in time ! Understand that and it may open your eyes a bit ! That is why the same story can be found in so many other places , it happened all over the earth and was not limited to just Noah and his single Ark !
First of all, no one yells every sentence they speak. So stop using the ! symbol. Secondly, why the hell are there spaces between the end of the statement and the exclamation point? Are you an ape?!

Fennario

#21875 Mar 20, 2014
trandiode wrote:
You do not know anything about the origins of the story of Noah !
You've got that backwards.
trandiode wrote:
That is why the same story can be found in so many other places , it happened all over the earth and was not limited to just Noah and his single Ark !
How many arks do you think there were? And why do you think you know that?

Faith is a fairy tale.
Spider

Hemel Hempstead, UK

#21876 Mar 20, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> You do not know anything about the origins of the story of Noah ! It well precedes the date that it was written about in the Torah ! So your timing is off and not only that, the part of the Torah you are referring to was Gods description to the Jewish people about their history and their history only ! It was done for the Jewish people to help them understand about there own history of events ! Not the whole of mankind's at that moment in time ! Understand that and it may open your eyes a bit ! That is why the same story can be found in so many other places , it happened all over the earth and was not limited to just Noah and his single Ark !
What evidence is there of this claim,,, such an occurrence would leave geological proof of one sort or another. Other than words in a book of fables supestition and myths you have nothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 3 min Eagle 12 3,821
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 min Linguini 70,371
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 16 min Eagle 12 30,414
News Atheists on the march in America (Aug '09) 14 hr greymouser 70,631
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 hr Eagle 12 258,476
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Sat John 14,736
How To Get To Heaven When You Die Fri Eagle 12 87
More from around the web