Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments
20,521 - 20,540 of 21,446 Comments Last updated Sunday Aug 17

Since: Dec 06

One of Paris nicest district

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Judged:

trandiode wrote:
Jesus was Middle Eastern ! As for God he is of no race !:0 Its quite Self explanatory really ! Now Your point being ?
Middle Reatern is geographic, not ethnic, Jesus born from jew woman is supposed to be of a semitic ethny.
God is your brain fantasy, he has no race
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Judged:

What did prophet preach?(The other side of story)

Selection from the book MISHKAT AL MASABEEH (an authentic collection of sayings of prophet) Part-6

Subject: On showbiz and vanity

31. Prophet PBUH said “Verily Allah does not look at your faces or your wealth, but He look at your hearts and at your deeds”

32. Prophet PBUH said “If Allah looks in someone desire for hereafter, He puts into his heart satisfaction and focuses his thoughts and wealth comes to him …”

“And one in whose heart there is desire of wealth and he only shows to people about his righteousness, Allah brings before his eyes the fear of destitute, and he is always in fear and he does not any thing else from the world, except what Allah had decreed for him”

33. Prophet PBUH said “Even the smallest act so as to show people, is a sort of associating partners with Allah, and one who harms Friends of Allah (i.e. righteous people), he has (in fact) challenged Allah…”

Subject : Change in conditions of people during last days

34. Prophet PBUH said “In last days there would be 100 camels but not even one would be fit to ride on”(i.e. there would be a large number of Muslims, but very few of them shall have the right amount of faith)

35. Prophet PBUH said “A time will come, when for any one to practice his true religion would be like holding a burning piece of coal in his hands”

36. Prophet PBUH said “If any group indulges in stealing, Allah puts fear of enemies into their hearts

“If any group gets involved in fornication and adultery, death is spread into them “(i.e. shortage of population”

“If any group gets involved in cheating in weight and measures, they are inflicted with poverty”

“If any group gets involved in Injustice, infighting spread between them”

“If any group is involved in breaking treaties and trusts, they are ruled by their enemies”

“AU KAMA QAAL ALAIHI AL SALAT WA SALAAM (Prophet PBUH said these or similar words)

Contd.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Judged:

DP wrote:
1. It means that nobody can say if there is any origin of time.

We know that time dilatates in gravitation field

so that if dilatating Universe is true the more it was compact the more time was slow.

thus you have some asymptotic curve of time you can never reach the origin

Ans.

1. It does not matter, how you juggle facts, the time and space and matter and energy, every thing had a beginning…

The ONLY thing which is ageless and no beginning and no end is the Creator of this Universe!!
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
1. It does not matter, how you juggle facts, the time and space and matter and energy, every thing had a beginning…
The ONLY thing which is ageless and no beginning and no end is the Creator of this Universe!!
So why do you put so much effort into avoiding answering the question of where your creator comes from?

You can't have a theory about the beginning of things which doesn't start at the beginning.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
So why do you put so much effort into avoiding answering the question of where your creator comes from?
You can't have a theory about the beginning of things which doesn't start at the beginning.
Creator did not come from ANYWHERE!!

He was the ONLY one present, when there was NOTHING!!

Who says I am avoiding answering questions?

I avoid, illogical, unreasonable and already answered questions.

And any thing written with abuses, insults using profane and non Civil language, I stay away from it.

Ask any question with me in civil language, and there are very bright chances of me posting an answer to it. Inshallah, i.e. Allah willing.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

PS:

Why should I have a THEORY to explain what was BEFORE Beginning?

The Creator says, He was the only one Existing and Living, before start of beginning.

And this is most reasonable, logical and scientific way to solve the problem.
trandiode

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you aware that you have no vote in the matter? Evolutionary scientists, for example, don't care what you think about the theory of evolution, especially someone coming from such a spectacularly ignorant perspective.
It shouldn't surprise you to learn that neither the scientific community nor any of the rest of the critically thinking world have any interest in the opinions of non-experts in science, including the Christian church.
Why? Because rationalists don't take their scientific opinions from anybody other than the consensus of experts in good standing in the relevant scientific fields. Is that OK with you?
The relevant experts have said that the theory of evolution is sound and valid science, and that means that the issue is considered settled until and unless a Cambrian rabbit or some other new data causes them to say otherwise, whether you Christians accept that or not.
But don't feel picked on. It's not just you Christians that we ignore in these matters. We also aren't interested in the scientific opinions of crack whores or rodeo clowns.
For example, if rodeo clowns were to say like you did that "there is NO evidence whatsoever to prove Darwin's theory of evolution," nobody would bat an eye.
Similarly, if crack whores were to publish a similar position paper, I'm sure that you could predict that nobody would care much about that either. So it's not just you that is being ignored.
Incidentally, where do you think Christians fit in the list with crack whores and rodeo clowns? Your church is beneath both of them. Why? Because those other groups are merely unqualified to contradict the evolutionary experts, whereas Christian apologists have a known anti-scientific agenda and the same reputation for honesty as Wall Street bankers.
Does that sound fair?
You expend a lot of energy mocking people but no energy whatsoever on proving what you have to say ! I do not care what the scientific consensus on a theory is all I want is the evidence, That is what is lacking Evidence ! There is no real evidence to support that the Big Bang occurred from out of a state of "Nothingness" There is NO solid piece of evidence to support the theory of evolution, its all conjecture ! Science is limited in its capacity something you must realize ! Are you not bothered by the fact that science knows very little about the Human body ? Something they have had the ability to pull apart examine in infinite detail for hundreds of years, yet they really know so little about how it all functions ! Yet you believe that they know the answers and can postulate viable theories off the creation of the entire Universe well beyond their physical reach and sight ? Science has made life easier but has it made it better ? You now are left with a fear to live and fear to die ! You now think you know more but in reality you know less. Seriously,Think about it !
trandiode

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

You believe your eyes have been opened but in actual fact they have been closed ! You believe science has given you freedom but it has slammed you in a prison ! For the experience of living life to the full you must see and feel all the miracles of life that surround you ! That is the real beauty of life, do not look at life as though it were nothing but a countless number of sub atomic particles as it does nothing for you and demeans your whole experience of just being !

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

trandiode wrote:
You believe your eyes have been opened but in actual fact they have been closed ! You believe science has given you freedom but it has slammed you in a prison ! For the experience of living life to the full you must see and feel all the miracles of life that surround you ! That is the real beauty of life, do not look at life as though it were nothing but a countless number of sub atomic particles as it does nothing for you and demeans your whole experience of just being !
It is not the fault of science that these people are misusing it.

A true scientist has a totally different outlook in these matters.

All pioneers in past ages were firm believers in existence of God and many of them were devoutly religious.

It is the present crop of Pseudo Scientists which is doing it, most of them even do not know what they are talking about.
trandiode

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not the fault of science that these people are misusing it.
A true scientist has a totally different outlook in these matters.
All pioneers in past ages were firm believers in existence of God and many of them were devoutly religious.
It is the present crop of Pseudo Scientists which is doing it, most of them even do not know what they are talking about.
I Agree :)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

trandiode wrote:
I do not care what the scientific consensus on a theory is all I want is the evidence
The evidence is readily available in textbooks, on the Internet, museums and laboratories. If you want to see and understand it, you need a background education and you need to spend time studying. If you haven't done that, the evidence isn't available to you.
trandiode wrote:
There is no real evidence to support that the Big Bang occurred from out of a state of "Nothingness"
That is one of the hypotheses, and the evidence for it is minimal. The multiverse hypothesis has a little more evidence for it. The god hypothesis has none, and has extra problems that the others do not have. It is unnecessarily complex by orders of magnitude.
trandiode wrote:
There is NO solid piece of evidence to support the theory of evolution, its all conjecture !
You're simply wrong, and people making such a claim are ignored outside of churches.
trandiode wrote:
Are you not bothered by the fact that science knows very little about the Human body ?
You're wrong. Medical science may be incomplete, but there is so much known that physicians need to specialize to have a command of any particular area.
trandiode wrote:
Science has made life easier but has it made it better ?
Yes. This computer of mine, for example, makes my life better.

You have been infected with the Christian anti-scientific meme. It has made life more pessimistic and nihilistic for you. You have been blinded to the greatness of man's scientific achievements, and deprived of the pride and satisfaction that comes with the awareness of that greatness. That's a shame, but I doubt that any clergy care.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

trandiode wrote:
You believe your eyes have been opened but in actual fact they have been closed ! You believe science has given you freedom but it has slammed you in a prison !
You're projecting. You live in the same tiny world as your ancestors that sacrificed animals to thunder gods.
trandiode wrote:
For the experience of living life to the full you must see and feel all the miracles of life that surround you !/QUOTE]

Science and its fruits is one of them. Sorry you missed that one.

[QUOTE who="trandiode"] do not look at life as though it were nothing but a countless number of sub atomic particles as it does nothing for you and demeans your whole experience of just being !
Thanks for the heads up, but that isn't a problem. That isn't a mistake that I have made. It is, however, a frequently seen straw man frequently erected by Christian apologists like you who really have no idea what people educated in the sciences actually think.
trandiode

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

Life as an atheist would be comparable to a walking talking breathing computer ! all it understands and all that it perceives in the world is made up of zeros and ones ! As far as they can compute they are doing all they can do, nothing more nothing less, there is no more meaning to existence than what has been physically programmed in to their systems ! Their data tells them that they are limited and are using their capacity to its fullest extent ! While I know there is a programmer who can give them so many more abilities than they now have, But they know not that because the programmer does not and can not exist in their world of ones and zeros !

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

MUQ1 wrote:
All pioneers in past ages were firm believers in existence of God
They also once believed in a flat earth.
MUQ1 wrote:
Your religiously informed opinions are of no value to us.
trandiode

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
The evidence is readily available in textbooks, on the Internet, museums and laboratories. If you want to see and understand it, you need a background education and you need to spend time studying. If you haven't done that, the evidence isn't available to you.
<quoted text>
That is one of the hypotheses, and the evidence for it is minimal. The multiverse hypothesis has a little more evidence for it. The god hypothesis has none, and has extra problems that the others do not have. It is unnecessarily complex by orders of magnitude.
<quoted text>
You're simply wrong, and people making such a claim are ignored outside of churches.
<quoted text>
You're wrong. Medical science may be incomplete, but there is so much known that physicians need to specialize to have a command of any particular area.
<quoted text>
You have been infected with the Christian anti-scientific meme. It has made life more pessimistic and nihilistic for you. You have been blinded to the greatness of man's scientific achievements, and deprived of the pride and satisfaction that comes with the awareness of that greatness. That's a shame, but I doubt that any clergy care.
1) you assume the evidence is available everywhere, but its not ! There is not one scrap of physical evidence to prove Darwin's theory of evolution ! All you get is the theory but not the evidence !
trandiode

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
They also once believed in a flat earth.
<quoted text>
Your religiously informed opinions are of no value to us.
No one ever believed in a flat earth, that was myth ! But you can believe your myths if you like :)
trandiode

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

Evolutionist scientists have never ever viewed a physical evolutionary event happening anywhere at any time in nature ! They also have never found the signs of an Evolutionary event any where in the fossil record of all the millions of fossils they have collected over time ! Why ? because its all conjecture ! nothing more nothing less !
trandiode

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You really tried to squeeze through the medical issue ! Didn't you ? Nice try but you have to do better than that ! I am glad that you like the theory of a Multiverse it easier for science to explain away and easier for them to accept a God as well ! Win Win :)

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Contradiction alert!!!

You can't claim everything has a beginning and then claim something doesn't in the very next sentence!

If the universe needs a creator then the creator needs a creator.
If the creator doesn't need a creator then why should the universe?

A creator is a something and yes he does need explaining.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

trandiode wrote:
You expend a lot of energy mocking people
No, just you. I didn't care for your character assassination of Darwin. If you have an argument against the theory of evolution - and your unwillingness to see evidence is no more an argument than calling him a racist - then make it. From what I know about Darwin as a person, he was an extremely fair and decent man. After that repulsive display, I cannot say the same about you.

If you want to defend your pathetic god and religion with calumny, then you can expect to be ridiculed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Buck Crick 225,558
Hollywood Actor Reveals What He Thinks Is 'Weir... 15 min Lawrence Wolf 99
If Christianity were true... 18 min Patrick 123
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 49 min Pahu 882
Introducing The Universal Religion (Feb '14) 3 hr religionisillness 753
Our world came from nothing? 3 hr religionisillness 354
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' 3 hr religionisillness 78
•••
•••