Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24178 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#21732 Mar 9, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry I can not do that, looks like I will have to continue to bore you to tears ! There is no proof that existence came by any other way either ! Certainly Science did not create the Universe ! Although at times I think that is what Atheists believe ! The Bible was not written as a scientific journal, It was written in a way that the common man could understand whether they read it a thousand years ago or just started to read it today ! Its timeless unlike modern scientific understanding which is only limited because of its ever-changing nature to this one moment in time ! You need to rethink your Atheist belief my friend :)
You just argued for willful ignorance in perpetuity as opposed to advancing as a species.

Feel free to go live in a cave and stop using the devils tools like the internet or a computer.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#21733 Mar 9, 2014
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the bible god made man in his own image and according to you his son was of 'middle eastern' race.
The bible makes no explanation of why people are different colours.
Evolution does give a perfectly good explanation for this.
That makes the bible fundamentally racist in comparison. If you aren't 'middle eastern' then you're less godly. You no longer look like god.
Are you 'middle eastern'?
Bible is not to be taken "literally".

Man was created in God' image, has to be taken allegorically, because he has some qualities that are a shadow of God' qualities.

Jesus was not Son of God in literal sense, but in the Jewish sense of being closer to God.

Why people have different colors and different tongues? Ask Quran!!

In Quran it is said, "It is one of His signs that humans have different colors and different languages, in it there are signs for those who have knowledge".

Bible , as it exists before us, is a human compilation and it was not expected as a book for all ages and for all people of the world.

Quran as Last and Final revelation from God to all humans holds that distinction. Quranic narration is free from these defects as it is Word of God, preserved and protected against any corruption.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#21734 Mar 10, 2014
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Man was created in God' image, has to be taken allegorically, because he has some qualities that are a shadow of God' qualities.
Jesus was not Son of God in literal sense, but in the Jewish sense of being closer to God.
In Quran it is said, "It is one of His signs that humans have different colors and different languages, in it there are signs for those who have knowledge".
Bible , as it exists before us, is a human compilation and it was not expected as a book for all ages and for all people of the world.
Quran as Last and Final revelation from God to all humans holds that distinction. Quranic narration is free from these defects as it is Word of God, preserved and protected against any corruption.
Saying 'it is one of his signs' is not an explanation for anything.

Here's another sign: Keep off the grass.

Since: Dec 06

Charlie's

#21735 Mar 10, 2014
MUQ wrote:
what is "ageless"?
It means that nobody can say if there is any origin of time.
We know that time dilatates in gravitation field
so that if dilatating Universe is true the more it was compact the more time was slow.
thus you have some asymptotic curve of time you can never reach the origin

Charlie's

#21736 Mar 10, 2014
MUQ wrote:
Why people have different colors and different tongues? Ask Quran!! In Quran it is said, "It is one of His signs that humans have different colors and different languages, in it there are signs for those who have knowledge".
Nobody needs Quran to know that peoples have different appearances and languages
MUQ wrote:
That's you daydream

Since: Mar 12

Bandra, India

#21737 Mar 10, 2014
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think Bible should not taken literally but Quran should be taken on face value?
Muslims have been accusing Jews and Christians for the corruption of their holy scriptures but they themselves are unable to refute the same doubt casted on Quran.
.This very attitude of Muslims make people of other religions attack on your Scriptures.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#21738 Mar 10, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> Why do you think that a God not existing is the natural default state ? History has shown by every single culture that has existed has had a belief in a God or Gods or a creative force of some kind ! That a God does exist appears to be the true Default state of the human race and not what you put forward as the "DEFAULT STATE " !
Humans have been here the briefest slice of time, as compared to the age of the universe.

What illiterate and ancient hunter-gatherers thought has little or no bearing on reality.

That is no argument, you moron.

God did not exist prior to the existence of humans on earth. And when the last human passes on earth? God will still not have existed.

If you can **SHOW** the actual GOD-REQUIRED-EVIDENCE?

You **might** have a case for your god idea.

Might.

(but it is highly doubtful--- you lack the mental skills here)

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#21739 Mar 10, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry I can not do that, looks like I will have to continue to bore you to tears ! There is no proof that existence came by any other way either !
Argument from ignorance-- you don't understand and you don't know...

... therefore...

.... magically...

.... "god".

This is a very poor argument on your part.

Charlie's

#21740 Mar 10, 2014
trandiode wrote:
looks like I will have to continue to bore you to tears !
Or continue entertaining peoples with pointless and nothingness preachipreaching
MUQs and you have no other strategy than hammering again and again your beliefs as being evidences, and unable to even realize that atheists and theists have at each other meaningless arguments.

Charlie's

#21741 Mar 10, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
If you can **SHOW** the actual GOD-REQUIRED-EVIDENCE?
You **might** have a case for your god idea.
Might.
(but it is highly doubtful)
Flattery maybe: " Oh, Bob of Quantum-Faith, you are much too brilliant to figure all that stuff came by itself, being sutch intelligent as you are is a very proof fo God existence, isn't it ?

Charlie's

#21742 Mar 10, 2014
fadu singh wrote:
Why do you think Bible should not taken literally but Quran should be taken on face value?
Because they said so
and if you don't agree, you're bound for hell

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#21743 Mar 10, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry I can not do that, looks like I will have to continue to bore you to tears ! There is no proof that existence came by any other way either ! Certainly Science did not create the Universe ! Although at times I think that is what Atheists believe ! The Bible was not written as a scientific journal, It was written in a way that the common man could understand whether they read it a thousand years ago or just started to read it today ! Its timeless unlike modern scientific understanding which is only limited because of its ever-changing nature to this one moment in time ! You need to rethink your Atheist belief my friend :)
I have no atheist beliefs, just the one fact.

I do, however, have faith in your ability to continue to bore me to tears.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#21744 Mar 10, 2014
trandiode wrote:
Darwin's original book titled "On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, or the Preservation of Favoured Races In the Struggle for Life" Shows just how much political correctness has hidden Darwin's full theory from public view ! He was a Racist and his theories were based on the assumption that the color of your skin determined your development towards the superiority of the white race ! Still think this racist has all the answers to life's biggest question ?
“If I were to give an award for the single best idea anyone has ever had, I'd give it to Darwin, ahead of Newton and Einstein and everyone else.”- Daniel Dennett

Fennario

#21745 Mar 10, 2014
trandiode wrote:
I think Atheists should really rethink their beliefs ! Science has not given you any answers, Science has taught you nothing so you believe in nothing ! Hence you are content with nothing ! Even your existence comes from nothing ! From nothing comes nothing, meaning you are nothing ! You have nothing to prove and nothing to disprove ! how safe you are !:)
Maybe you should stop trying to think for us and begin thinking for yourself. You obviously have no idea what we believe.

Fennario

#21746 Mar 10, 2014
trandiode wrote:
Atheism opens the door for Eugenics and the New World Order
Are you suggesting that those doors or any others were closed under religious regimes? Humanism shut the door on inquisitions and witch burnings.

You're welcome!

Fennario

#21747 Mar 10, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> You cannot avoid it, It applied to races of human beings just as much as it did for anything else ! It carried the notion that because of evolution the Black, Yellow, Red races were inferior to the white race ! You can not change history because you want to hide the truth , and that is the truth behind Darwin's theory of Evolution ! It was not all about Finches on the Galapagos islands !
Millions of people are familiar with Darwin's theory, accept it, and still are not racists. But in a defense of your dying god, you're happy to malign us all.

Why? You're upset because Darwin's work contradicted your bible and helped make your god unnecessary. So sorry!

Fennario

#21748 Mar 10, 2014
trandiode wrote:
If you do not have any beliefs then one must assume you do not have any thought processes ! guess what there is no definitive proof of the Big Bang Theory (If there were, then why is science not satisfied an now theorizing string theory and multiple universes ?) And there is NO evidence whatsoever to prove Darwin's theory of evolution ! Believe it or not ! So your evidence for all your beliefs are in reality non existent ! Its only your belief and faith in science that makes them so !
Are you aware that you have no vote in the matter? Evolutionary scientists, for example, don't care what you think about the theory of evolution, especially someone coming from such a spectacularly ignorant perspective.

It shouldn't surprise you to learn that neither the scientific community nor any of the rest of the critically thinking world have any interest in the opinions of non-experts in science, including the Christian church.

Why? Because rationalists don't take their scientific opinions from anybody other than the consensus of experts in good standing in the relevant scientific fields. Is that OK with you?

The relevant experts have said that the theory of evolution is sound and valid science, and that means that the issue is considered settled until and unless a Cambrian rabbit or some other new data causes them to say otherwise, whether you Christians accept that or not.

But don't feel picked on. It's not just you Christians that we ignore in these matters. We also aren't interested in the scientific opinions of crack whores or rodeo clowns.

For example, if rodeo clowns were to say like you did that "there is NO evidence whatsoever to prove Darwin's theory of evolution," nobody would bat an eye.

Similarly, if crack whores were to publish a similar position paper, I'm sure that you could predict that nobody would care much about that either. So it's not just you that is being ignored.

Incidentally, where do you think Christians fit in the list with crack whores and rodeo clowns? Your church is beneath both of them. Why? Because those other groups are merely unqualified to contradict the evolutionary experts, whereas Christian apologists have a known anti-scientific agenda and the same reputation for honesty as Wall Street bankers.

Does that sound fair?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Fennario

#21749 Mar 10, 2014
trandiode wrote:
The Bible was not written as a scientific journal
Yes it was. It was the best science that they had in that day,and the only journal.
trandiode wrote:
Its timeless unlike modern scientific understanding
It's also useless, unlike modern scientific understanding.

Charlie's

#21750 Mar 10, 2014
trandiode wrote:
Jesus was Middle Eastern ! As for God he is of no race !:0 Its quite Self explanatory really ! Now Your point being ?
Middle Reatern is geographic, not ethnic, Jesus born from jew woman is supposed to be of a semitic ethny.
God is your brain fantasy, he has no race
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#21751 Mar 10, 2014
What did prophet preach?(The other side of story)

Selection from the book MISHKAT AL MASABEEH (an authentic collection of sayings of prophet) Part-6

Subject: On showbiz and vanity

31. Prophet PBUH said “Verily Allah does not look at your faces or your wealth, but He look at your hearts and at your deeds”

32. Prophet PBUH said “If Allah looks in someone desire for hereafter, He puts into his heart satisfaction and focuses his thoughts and wealth comes to him …”

“And one in whose heart there is desire of wealth and he only shows to people about his righteousness, Allah brings before his eyes the fear of destitute, and he is always in fear and he does not any thing else from the world, except what Allah had decreed for him”

33. Prophet PBUH said “Even the smallest act so as to show people, is a sort of associating partners with Allah, and one who harms Friends of Allah (i.e. righteous people), he has (in fact) challenged Allah…”

Subject : Change in conditions of people during last days

34. Prophet PBUH said “In last days there would be 100 camels but not even one would be fit to ride on”(i.e. there would be a large number of Muslims, but very few of them shall have the right amount of faith)

35. Prophet PBUH said “A time will come, when for any one to practice his true religion would be like holding a burning piece of coal in his hands”

36. Prophet PBUH said “If any group indulges in stealing, Allah puts fear of enemies into their hearts

“If any group gets involved in fornication and adultery, death is spread into them “(i.e. shortage of population”

“If any group gets involved in cheating in weight and measures, they are inflicted with poverty”

“If any group gets involved in Injustice, infighting spread between them”

“If any group is involved in breaking treaties and trusts, they are ruled by their enemies”

“AU KAMA QAAL ALAIHI AL SALAT WA SALAAM (Prophet PBUH said these or similar words)

Contd.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 min Science 32,234
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 4 min Science 825
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 12 min Science 77,008
Religion sux ? 1 hr ban all cults 2
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) 1 hr ban islam 4,316
News Fox Friends Outraged Over Atheists 'Making Chri... (Dec '16) 10 hr Frindly 291
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Mon John 258,478
More from around the web