Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24182 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

trandiode

Walkley Heights, Australia

#21710 Mar 8, 2014
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets check who's a racist shall we?
The stories say jesus was born a couple of thousand years ago in the middle east and was the son of god, thereby being the same race as god.
What race was he?
Please tell me that you wrote that just off the top of your head ! Because it makes no sense at all !
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#21711 Mar 8, 2014
Night wrote:
01. I usually skip your posts because I am uninterested in Islam and haven't the patience for long posts with little content, but in this one you make good points except for the bit about atheists being parasites.

02. It seems that most believers claim that nonbelief is a faith, and it's good to see one negating that claim for us. It's even true that there is noting positive (or negative) about nonbelief. It's an absolute neutral in terms of faith.

03. Nonbelievers tend to live peacefully in the civilizations of their environs. We don't tend to band or bond together enough to make more than occasional contributions to civilization as a whole, partly because our numbers have been small until this period of history, partly because we've almost always had to keep our heads down to avoid deadly persecution, but mostly because we're too busy pursuing the stuff of life--work, play, family, art... stuff like that.

04. As for codes, the ones that really matter tend to be written into civil law along with a few gratuitous ones held over from periods of religious domination that is beginning to fade at last.

05. Nonbelievers tend to make positive contributions to the general economy, obey civil law, contribute to the advancement or arts and sciences, and to be positive influences in their communities. What is parasitic about that?
Ans.

01. There is no force on you to believe in Islam, but it is needed that you get some basic message of Islam to your ears, so that we are free from our obligations on the last day.

02. I did not call Athiests as “Parasites”, I called them the most illogical and unreasonable people on earth, the one who see this huge universe in front of them and never even think who made it and what is the purpose of their lives and what shall happen to them when they die?

They try to find their own answers (each one different from each other) and be content with it. If you think this is a logical approach, then you do not know what logic means.

03. Since this Athiesm is still in its infancy, that is why we are unable to see all its fruit.

The Non believers are as brutal and as ruthless as any of the believers they accuse.

You have to catch them during wars and when their interests are involved.

04. Why the codes should be written in civil laws and what is the source of these laws?

Whatever morality and good behaviour we find in laws is because of religions and it being ingrained into human psyche.

05. You think as if Believeing people do not contribute to the welfare and development of the society.

The contribution of religious people is more that non believing people, because this movement is very recent and you cannot deny the contribution of religious people for past so many thousands of years.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#21712 Mar 8, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> If you do not have any beliefs then one must assume you do not have any thought processes ! guess what there is no definitive proof of the Big Bang Theory (If there were, then why is science not satisfied an now theorizing string theory and multiple universes ?) And there is NO evidence whatsoever to prove Darwin's theory of evolution ! Believe it or not ! So your evidence for all your beliefs are in reality non existent ! Its only your belief and faith in science that makes them so !
Yawn...nice try. How sad that you have lie about what was said.

You stated I had beliefs about the non-existence of god - not whether I had beliefs in general.

Don't be a tool, everyone has beliefs about a million different things.

But as I said - again - I don't have any beliefs about the non-existence of gods, just one fact:

There is not now, nor has there ever been, any proof that any god ever existed.

Thanks for playing - I mean, you totally tried to cheat - but thanks for playing anyway.
trandiode

#21713 Mar 8, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn...nice try. How sad that you have lie about what was said.
You stated I had beliefs about the non-existence of god - not whether I had beliefs in general.
Don't be a tool, everyone has beliefs about a million different things.
But as I said - again - I don't have any beliefs about the non-existence of gods, just one fact:
There is not now, nor has there ever been, any proof that any god ever existed.
Thanks for playing - I mean, you totally tried to cheat - but thanks for playing anyway.
I did not try to cheat, It is you who have tried to cheat ! All your assumptions about your reality, existence and its entire meaning are based on beliefs that you have ! You are no different than a theist ! You have an ultimate belief system which is based on a faith in science or life experiences ! You can not argue with that ! Your disbelief in a God consists of many different facets combined the same as a theist has ! Its called a belief system and it is not placed upon one fact and one fact only :)

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#21714 Mar 8, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> I beg to differ on that, I think you have many beliefs that lead you to the conclusion that a God does not exist !
God not-existing is the default state.

It's what happens, when you remove all the god-brainwashing and bullshyt.

Whatever is left, after removing the billshyt, is not-believing-in-gods.

It's not a conclusion. It's the result of un-doing god-based brain-damage (faith).
trandiode

#21715 Mar 8, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
God not-existing is the default state.
It's what happens, when you remove all the god-brainwashing and bullshyt.
Whatever is left, after removing the billshyt, is not-believing-in-gods.
It's not a conclusion. It's the result of un-doing god-based brain-damage (faith).
Why do you think that a God not existing is the natural default state ? History has shown by every single culture that has existed has had a belief in a God or Gods or a creative force of some kind ! That a God does exist appears to be the true Default state of the human race and not what you put forward as the "DEFAULT STATE " !
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#21716 Mar 8, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> Please tell me that you wrote that just off the top of your head ! Because it makes no sense at all !
It makes a lot more sense than the existence of god.

Let me try and simplify it for you:

What race was the jesus guy you worship?

What race was his 'father'?

Charlie's

#21717 Mar 9, 2014
MUQ wrote:
I did not say "accept", I said "Submit"?
If you submit to Jehovah, He is the one who sent Prophet Mohammad as His Last and Final Prophet and Messenger.
If you reject him, it shows that your "submission" is not true. You are not qualified to be called as a Muslim.
Try some other root!!
in principle, plants have roots,
Try carrot, for instance

Charlie's

#21718 Mar 9, 2014
trandiode wrote:
You are funny how you break down points and then answer them individually with nothing but sarcasm ! Of all the posts you have made on this thread which must be in the hundreds you have failed to give anything of substance whatsoever to anything that you have written ! Hit me with some facts or some philosophical argument if you want but do not use some snide remark to get your point through ! It just makes you look a tad bit arrogant :)
let me remind sarcams of yours
trandiode wrote:
Atheism is a lovely belief system, Lenin was one and Pol Pot was another! Atheism opens the door for Eugenics and the New World Order,
Therefore atheists must be of them
Poor you, I'm arrogant, I'm sarcastic,
Want a hankie ?
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#21719 Mar 9, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
Try carrot, for instance
So according to you Carrot has NO ROOT?

Which college you went to?

I must send it a Nobel Prize for producing a student like you!!
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#21720 Mar 9, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> Why do you think that a God not existing is the natural default state ? History has shown by every single culture that has existed has had a belief in a God or Gods or a creative force of some kind ! That a God does exist appears to be the true Default state of the human race and not what you put forward as the "DEFAULT STATE " !
If this universe exists, then it is a proof that it makers also exists!!

This is a simple and potent logic for every age and for every time.

The increase in knowledge base in our modern time, should actually INCREASE in our belief of Creator, because we not see more clearly the Wisdom and Care and beauty in the way things were created and regulated.

It is really strange that persons who are observing Universe, should preach that there is No Creator!!

Since: Feb 14

Tejgaon, Bangladesh

#21721 Mar 9, 2014
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a simple and potent logic for every age and for every time.
The increase in knowledge base in our modern time, should actually INCREASE in our belief of Creator, because we not see more clearly the Wisdom and Care and beauty in the way things were created and regulated.
It is really strange that persons who are observing Universe, should preach that there is No Creator!!
1st. If someone created the universe, then who created that someone?

2nd. Science is ever progressing, ever changing, science explains things in a logical way, which can be proved or disproved, and science will Accept it, even if it changes hundred or a million times. While a book writen over millennium ago won't change, I nor will a sane person go as far as litterly putting their entire faith in something which should've stayed in the past.

3rd. If there is a super-being capable of creating an entire universe then so be it, but will it benefit it if some random alien starts thinking the creator is a asexual/shemale/old bearded guy in the freakin' sky?

If I was part of an super Advanced civilization billions of years a head of us, and we were capable of creating, destorying everything in a blink of eye, why would we in freakin' name of the flying pig, Johan would I care about some aliens in a punny small planet 26k lightyears away from the centre of the Galaxy, Milky Way?

You see, even if we find someone who created us, might it be Johan or even something completely different, wouldn't it matter, because we aren't unique, nor de we need to be praised by someone.

You cannot deny there are other stars besides our own, billions, trillions, or even more then that, an unimaginable number of stars.

I do not want People who are ignorant or progress stopper to hinder us to progress to the future. I hope the human race, or rather it's next evolunationary sub super species will be able to create and do Things unthinable for Our current mind set.

One day! We do progress, and no religious guy who hs been brainedwashed since birth will stop Our great race! Stop it already, no super being, no alien, nothing will try to praise us, but they might try to destroy us. we must start sooner or later to progress at a Level so high that even the the religious guys from 21st Century will be sorry they wasted their time on something useless.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#21722 Mar 9, 2014
Religion = superstition
Theology = mythology

Charlie's

#21723 Mar 9, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
Try carrot, for instance
MUQ wrote:
So according to you Carrot has NO ROOT?
Which college you went to?
I must send it a Nobel Prize for producing a student like you!!
Before studying higher, first learn how to read what is written

Charlie's

#21724 Mar 9, 2014
MUQ wrote:
This is a simple and potent logic for every age and for every time.!
Or Universe is ageless

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#21725 Mar 9, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> I did not try to cheat, It is you who have tried to cheat ! All your assumptions about your reality, existence and its entire meaning are based on beliefs that you have ! You are no different than a theist ! You have an ultimate belief system which is based on a faith in science or life experiences ! You can not argue with that ! Your disbelief in a God consists of many different facets combined the same as a theist has ! Its called a belief system and it is not placed upon one fact and one fact only :)
There is not now, nor has there ever been, any proof that any god ever worshipped actually existed.

Refute it or stop boring me.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#21727 Mar 9, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
Or Universe is ageless
what is "ageless"?
trandiode

#21729 Mar 9, 2014
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes a lot more sense than the existence of god.
Let me try and simplify it for you:
What race was the jesus guy you worship?
What race was his 'father'?
Jesus was Middle Eastern ! As for God he is of no race !:0 Its quite Self explanatory really ! Now Your point being ?
trandiode

#21730 Mar 9, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
There is not now, nor has there ever been, any proof that any god ever worshipped actually existed.
Refute it or stop boring me.
Sorry I can not do that, looks like I will have to continue to bore you to tears ! There is no proof that existence came by any other way either ! Certainly Science did not create the Universe ! Although at times I think that is what Atheists believe ! The Bible was not written as a scientific journal, It was written in a way that the common man could understand whether they read it a thousand years ago or just started to read it today ! Its timeless unlike modern scientific understanding which is only limited because of its ever-changing nature to this one moment in time ! You need to rethink your Atheist belief my friend :)
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#21731 Mar 9, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> Jesus was Middle Eastern ! As for God he is of no race !:0 Its quite Self explanatory really ! Now Your point being ?
According to the bible god made man in his own image and according to you his son was of 'middle eastern' race.

The bible makes no explanation of why people are different colours.

Evolution does give a perfectly good explanation for this.

That makes the bible fundamentally racist in comparison. If you aren't 'middle eastern' then you're less godly. You no longer look like god.

Are you 'middle eastern'?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 19 min Into The Night 61,531
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 2 hr Subduction Zone 2,709
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 4 hr Aura Mytha 28,325
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Mar 24 IB DaMann 5,970
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) Mar 22 Eagle 12 452
Deconversion Mar 20 Eagle 12 138
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) Mar 18 Eagle 12 2,043
More from around the web