Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24182 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Since: Dec 06

Charlie's

#21690 Mar 6, 2014
trandiode wrote:
God exists but a state of a Nothingness can not and does not exist ! That is a Logical assumption ! Is it not ?:)
Because you don't know the difference biwtin a postulate and an hypothesis
you are not qualifyed to speak about logic
"God exists" is a postulate you can no way demonstrate
"a state of a Nothingness can not and does not exist" is just stupid stance of yours
logical peoples never try to demonstrate the inexistence of anything
You're too blind to understand even basics of logic

Charlie's

#21691 Mar 6, 2014
MUQ wrote:
01. I think, you are getting confused and not trying to understand. I said that a Muslim is one who "submits" himself to his Creator. This is much more than "revering" a Unique God!!
When you submit yourself to the Creator, you acknowledge and accept ALL his directives and decrees.
In that sense all the prophets and their true followers before the advent of our prophet were "Muslims". They believed in the True God and followed the revelation which their prophet brought.
And one of the teachings of ALL major past prophets was to instruct their followers to follow the last and final prophet whenever he came.
After our prophet came into the world, the word Muslim was reserved for those who followed him.
02. Yes being Muslim means to worship Allah AND follow the revelation sent to the Last and Final prophet.
03. Again you are confusing the word "Unique God Believers" and Muslims.
If any "Unique God believer" rejects teaching of any prophet of God, he is really an unbeliever and not a believer.
Take better care of your disc, it is scratched, some dirt on it
trandiode

Walkley Heights, Australia

#21692 Mar 8, 2014
Darwin's original book titled "On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, or the Preservation of Favoured Races In the Struggle for Life" Shows just how much political correctness has hidden Darwin's full theory from public view ! He was a Racist and his theories were based on the assumption that the color of your skin determined your development towards the superiority of the white race ! Still think this racist has all the answers to life's biggest question ?
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#21693 Mar 8, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
Take better care of your disc, it is scratched, some dirt on it
Please take care of your disk too, it is cracked!!
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#21694 Mar 8, 2014
CrimeaRiver wrote:
<quoted text>
So if I accept Jehovah but reject Mohamed I can still be a Muslim? Interesting
I did not say "accept", I said "Submit"?

If you submit to Jehovah, He is the one who sent Prophet Mohammad as His Last and Final Prophet and Messenger.

If you reject him, it shows that your "submission" is not true. You are not qualified to be called as a Muslim.

Try some other root!!
trandiode

#21695 Mar 8, 2014
I think Atheists should really rethink their beliefs ! Science has not given you any answers, Science has taught you nothing so you believe in nothing ! Hence you are content with nothing ! Even your existence comes from nothing ! From nothing comes nothing, meaning you are nothing ! You have nothing to prove and nothing to disprove ! how safe you are !:)

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#21696 Mar 8, 2014
trandiode wrote:
Darwin's original book titled "On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, or the Preservation of Favoured Races In the Struggle for Life" Shows just how much political correctness has hidden Darwin's full theory from public view ! He was a Racist and his theories were based on the assumption that the color of your skin determined your development towards the superiority of the white race ! Still think this racist has all the answers to life's biggest question ?
What makes you think the term 'races' only applies to people?
In 'The Origin of Species', Charles Darwin only briefly mentions people in the last chapter.
What he does talk about is races of cabbages and dogs.
"the several races, for instance, of the cabbage"
"the hereditary varieties or races of our domestic animals and plants".

Races of people was discussed in his next book 'The Descent of Man' in chapter 7 where after examining the views of others he concludes there's only one species of man.

Location hidden

#21697 Mar 8, 2014
trandiode wrote:
I think Atheists should really rethink their beliefs ! Science has not given you any answers, Science has taught you nothing so you believe in nothing ! Hence you are content with nothing ! Even your existence comes from nothing ! From nothing comes nothing, meaning you are nothing ! You have nothing to prove and nothing to disprove ! how safe you are !:)
At least we don't delude ourselves into believing absurdities.
trandiode

#21698 Mar 8, 2014
Atheism is a lovely belief system, Lenin was one and Pol Pot was another! Atheism opens the door for Eugenics and the New World Order, Imagine Earth having a total population of 500 million people ! What a wonderful existence that would be ! Making the world a wonderful peaceful place with plenty for all to share ! Only problem being if your lucky or psychopathic enough to be one of them, then you will be sharing everything that you have with nothing but murdering Sociopaths with no empathy towards any human being until the day you die ! Would you really want to live in a world like that ? Because that is where it is headed ! Once you deny a God you let open the door to Rationalization then your troubles will really begin ! Proving once and for all that Gods existence is and always has been very very meaningful !

Charlie's

#21699 Mar 8, 2014
NightSerf wrote:
Nonbelievers tend to make positive contributions (...) contribute to the advancement or arts and sciences, and to be positive influences in their communities. What is parasitic about that?
The MUQs don't like many arts, they hate human being sculptors and painters pretending that the artists want in some way compete with the creator; the MUQs fear sculptures or images can become idols.
The MUQs don't like science which would state that the whole Universe wasn't created specially for mankind, as creationists they deny that Man can be a produce of evolution, because they believe that Man is a God original design purposely to be tested to make favorites of his,

The MUQs and biblist holly books say that If you're ready to unthroat your kid for God submission, God is so happy with the joke that you are granted eternal paradisiac palatial life.
But not yet, gotta wait to be dead, and had God so happy you make yourself such a nothing beside his infinite greatness at least five a day all rest of your life.
Youre a disobeying one, hell for you, but the very Misericordious gave you freedom to disobey.
By the way, this is scientific information, following Islam, the center of gravity of God is that of the Kabaa, Mecca, following Judaism, it's located the center of mass the wall of lamentations, Jerusalem, following Catholicism, it's now center of mass the Sistine Chapel.
trandiode

#21700 Mar 8, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think the term 'races' only applies to people?
In 'The Origin of Species', Charles Darwin only briefly mentions people in the last chapter.
What he does talk about is races of cabbages and dogs.
"the several races, for instance, of the cabbage"
"the hereditary varieties or races of our domestic animals and plants".
Races of people was discussed in his next book 'The Descent of Man' in chapter 7 where after examining the views of others he concludes there's only one species of man.
You cannot avoid it, It applied to races of human beings just as much as it did for anything else ! It carried the notion that because of evolution the Black, Yellow, Red races were inferior to the white race ! You can not change history because you want to hide the truth , and that is the truth behind Darwin's theory of Evolution ! It was not all about Finches on the Galapagos islands !

Charlie's

#21701 Mar 8, 2014
trandiode wrote:
Atheism is a lovely belief system, Lenin was one and Pol Pot was another! Atheism opens the door for Eugenics and the New World Order,
Imagine Earth having a total population of 500 million people ! What a wonderful existence that would be ! Making the world a wonderful peaceful place with plenty for all to share ! Only problem being if your lucky or psychopathic enough to be one of them, then you will be sharing everything that you have with nothing but murdering
You are repanding yourself in imprecations
Here is a religious new order http://hikmatun.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/m...
many
trandiode wrote:
Sociopaths with no empathy towards any human being until the day you die ! Would you really want to live in a world like that ? Because that is where it is headed !
You are supposed to believe that a Creator God manages all that stuff
trandiode wrote:
Once you deny a God you let open the door to Rationalization then your troubles will really begin ! Proving once and for all that Gods existence is and always has been very very meaningful !
Rationalization has not yet penetrate your thought, that's all

Location hidden

#21702 Mar 8, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> You cannot avoid it, It applied to races of human beings just as much as it did for anything else ! It carried the notion that because of evolution the Black, Yellow, Red races were inferior to the white race ! You can not change history because you want to hide the truth , and that is the truth behind Darwin's theory of Evolution ! It was not all about Finches on the Galapagos islands !
Weren't African enslaved by the religious before Darwin was even born, yet you seem to think racism is his fault?

He wrote about races of cabbages and dogs.
When he wrote about human races he concluded there was only one.
You can deny it all you like but you can't change religions own history.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#21703 Mar 8, 2014
trandiode wrote:
Atheism is a lack of belief in deities - nothing more, nothing less.

There are no "beliefs" to rethink.
trandiode

#21704 Mar 8, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
You are repanding yourself in imprecations
Here is a religious new order http://hikmatun.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/m...
many
<quoted text>
You are supposed to believe that a Creator God manages all that stuff
<quoted text>
Rationalization has not yet penetrate your thought, that's all
You are funny how you break down points and then answer them individually with nothing but sarcasm ! Of all the posts you have made on this thread which must be in the hundreds you have failed to give anything of substance whatsoever to anything that you have written ! Hit me with some facts or some philosophical argument if you want but do not use some snide remark to get your point through ! It just makes you look a tad bit arrogant :)
trandiode

#21705 Mar 8, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is a lack of belief in deities - nothing more, nothing less.
There are no "beliefs" to rethink.
I beg to differ on that, I think you have many beliefs that lead you to the conclusion that a God does not exist !
trandiode

#21706 Mar 8, 2014
Just a yes no question for all you Atheists out there, I'm just being a curious ! Do you believe that 9/11 was an inside job ? Yes or no ?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#21707 Mar 8, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> I beg to differ on that, I think you have many beliefs that lead you to the conclusion that a God does not exist !
Well, I hate to break it to you, but you aren't psychic. You can believe whatever you want about my thought processes, but as I've stated before, I don't have any "beliefs" that lead me to the conclusion that no gods exist (gods, small 'g' and plural - try as you might to make it something else)- I have one fact:

There is not now, nor has there ever been, any proof that any god ever worshipped actually existed.

Glad to help.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#21708 Mar 8, 2014
trandiode wrote:
Lets check who's a racist shall we?

The stories say jesus was born a couple of thousand years ago in the middle east and was the son of god, thereby being the same race as god.

What race was he?
trandiode

#21709 Mar 8, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I hate to break it to you, but you aren't psychic. You can believe whatever you want about my thought processes, but as I've stated before, I don't have any "beliefs" that lead me to the conclusion that no gods exist (gods, small 'g' and plural - try as you might to make it something else)- I have one fact:
There is not now, nor has there ever been, any proof that any god ever worshipped actually existed.
Glad to help.
If you do not have any beliefs then one must assume you do not have any thought processes ! guess what there is no definitive proof of the Big Bang Theory (If there were, then why is science not satisfied an now theorizing string theory and multiple universes ?) And there is NO evidence whatsoever to prove Darwin's theory of evolution ! Believe it or not ! So your evidence for all your beliefs are in reality non existent ! Its only your belief and faith in science that makes them so !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 min u196533dm 61,108
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Science 28,312
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 4 hr Subduction Zone 2,643
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) Wed Eagle 12 452
Deconversion Mar 20 Eagle 12 138
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) Mar 18 Eagle 12 2,043
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Mar 14 superwilly 258,490
More from around the web