Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24178 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Since: Feb 14

Tejgaon, Bangladesh

#21669 Mar 5, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
The one with the longest beard should be the most eternal, shouldn't he ?
Damn it, I thought it was the woman with the biggest boobs...
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#21670 Mar 5, 2014
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you read what definition of a Muslim I posted?
I said every one who submits himself to Lord and Creator of Universe is a Muslim.
Jew is a racial definition and not a religious definition. All Jewish prophets were Muslims, because they submitted themselves to their Lord and Creator.
Our prophet was also a Muslim and his followers, if they follow in his footsteps, are also Muslims.
Why can't you understand simple things and try to confuse yourself and others?
So you're saying Israel is a muslim country?

Wow, you muslims really hate each other.

Sunnis and Shias both seem to hate Israel so which sect does israel fit into?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#21672 Mar 5, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
If they go by the one with the longest dick, I'm in.
Obviously, you are both envious of anyone with a working d*ck, and jealous of all men who's longer than your 4 inches...

Either that, or you are just gay-curious.

I'm betting it's both.

Charlie's

#21673 Mar 5, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
If they go by the one with the longest dick, I'm in.
Choose some whale or dino god
dvd

West Chester, OH

#21674 Mar 5, 2014
Atheism can only continue to rise if more uneducated youth are continually bombarded by the social media/mass media & education establishment in its brainwashing.
Only by dumbing down people into believing they are related to common beasts of the field (such as monkeys) or pushing them to lower their moral standards, such as convincing them its OK to be a pervert (2 men in a "relationship") can the ugly, intolerant head of atheism finally be raised in triumph.
Or of course-by legalizing drugs and having a whole generation sitting around openly high.

“BAS in Electrical Engineering”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#21675 Mar 5, 2014
dvd wrote:
Atheism can only continue to rise if more uneducated youth are continually bombarded by the social media/mass media & education establishment in its brainwashing.
Only by dumbing down people into believing they are related to common beasts of the field (such as monkeys) or pushing them to lower their moral standards, such as convincing them its OK to be a pervert (2 men in a "relationship") can the ugly, intolerant head of atheism finally be raised in triumph.
Or of course-by legalizing drugs and having a whole generation sitting around openly high.
Ignorance is this post. The very definition actually.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#21676 Mar 5, 2014
dvd wrote:
Strange how atheism is most common among the better educated, isn't it?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#21677 Mar 5, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
The MUQs are on the marketing and recruiting mode,
Good luck with that.

Fennario

#21678 Mar 5, 2014
dvd wrote:
Only by dumbing down people into believing they are related to common beasts of the field (such as monkeys) or pushing them to lower their moral standards, such as convincing them its OK to be a pervert (2 men in a "relationship") can the ugly, intolerant head of atheism finally be raised in triumph. Or of course-by legalizing drugs and having a whole generation sitting around openly high.
The next couple of decades are going to be especially rough on you. I'll say a meditation to the earth goddess for you as I focus my inner eye and astrally project your aura.
Thinking

Sheffield, UK

#21679 Mar 5, 2014
The barnacle's member is six times as long as its body.

Puck Frick aspires to be a barnacle.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, you are both envious of anyone with a working d*ck, and jealous of all men who's longer than your 4 inches...
Either that, or you are just gay-curious.
I'm betting it's both.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#21680 Mar 5, 2014
CR wrote:
So you accept that Allah is not necessarily the Lord and Creator. It could be God, Vishnu or Jehovah?
Ans.

From where you got the Idea that Allah is not the sole creator of Universe?

God and YHWH are same as Allah. The Creator is known by different names in different languages.

Vishnu is certainly not the Creator of the Universe, not even by popular Hindu belief,
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#21681 Mar 5, 2014
DP wrote:
01. I understand that you lie, all peoples who revere an Unique God are not Muslims

02. Being a Muslim needs more than "sumitting to the creator, being a Muslim needs to submit the way your prophet says,

03. Unique creator God believers do not all revere your prophet nor take him and his stances as sacred, therefore many are not muslims
Ans.

01. I think, you are getting confused and not trying to understand. I said that a Muslim is one who "submits" himself to his Creator. This is much more than "revering" a Unique God!!

When you submit yourself to the Creator, you acknowledge and accept ALL his directives and decrees.

In that sense all the prophets and their true followers before the advent of our prophet were "Muslims". They believed in the True God and followed the revelation which their prophet brought.

And one of the teachings of ALL major past prophets was to instruct their followers to follow the last and final prophet whenever he came.

After our prophet came into the world, the word Muslim was reserved for those who followed him.

02. Yes being Muslim means to worship Allah AND follow the revelation sent to the Last and Final prophet.

03. Again you are confusing the word "Unique God Believers" and Muslims.

If any "Unique God believer" rejects teaching of any prophet of God, he is really an unbeliever and not a believer.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#21682 Mar 5, 2014
Thinking wrote:
The barnacle's member is six times as long as its body.
Puck Frick aspires to be a barnacle.
<quoted text>
LMAO!
CrimeaRiver

UK

#21683 Mar 6, 2014
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. I think, you are getting confused and not trying to understand. I said that a Muslim is one who "submits" himself to his Creator. This is much more than "revering" a Unique God!!
When you submit yourself to the Creator, you acknowledge and accept ALL his directives and decrees.
So if I accept Jehovah but reject Mohamed I can still be a Muslim? Interesting
trandiode

Walkley Heights, Australia

#21684 Mar 6, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Science has nothing to do with faith, only evidence..
“I always flinch in embarrassment for the believer who trots out,“Atheism [or science] is just another kind of faith,” because it’s a tacit admission that taking claims on faith is a silly thing to do. When you’ve succumbed to arguing that the opposition is just as misguided as you are, it’s time to take a step back and rethink your attitudes.”- Amanda Marcotte
LOL, You have to have faith to believe in anything that includes evidence ! Why do Atheists detest the word Faith ? Do they feel it threatening to their belief systems ? You cannot detach your evidence from the faith you must have in that evidence to believe that evidence to be true !
Atheists claim to base their beliefs entirely upon logic, but all they really do is to defy the use of their own logical reasoning !
trandiode

Walkley Heights, Australia

#21685 Mar 6, 2014
God exists but a state of a Nothingness can not and does not exist ! That is a Logical assumption ! Is it not ?:)

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#21686 Mar 6, 2014
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Athiesm is no faith at all, it is a negative definition, nothing positive and you cannot make any thing with only negation.
There is nothing "positive" in Athiesm, that is why they are unable to create any civlization, any code of living or any thing.
They are actually parasites living off the people of faith.
I usually skip your posts because I am uninterested in Islam and haven't the patience for long posts with little content, but in this one you make good points except for the bit about atheists being parasites. It seems that most believers claim that nonbelief is a faith, and it's good to see one negating that claim for us. It's even true that there is noting positive (or negative) about nonbelief. It's an absolute neutral in terms of faith.

Nonbelievers tend to live peacefully in the civilizations of their environs. We don't tend to band or bond together enough to make more than occasional contributions to civilization as a whole, partly because our numbers have been small until this period of history, partly because we've almost always had to keep our heads down to avoid deadly persecution, but mostly because we're too busy pursuing the stuff of life--work, play, family, art... stuff like that. As for codes, the ones that really matter tend to be written into civil law along with a few gratuitous ones held over from periods of religious domination that is beginning to fade at last.

Nonbelievers tend to make positive contributions to the general economy, obey civil law, contribute to the advancement or arts and sciences, and to be positive influences in their communities. What is parasitic about that?
CrimeaRiver

UK

#21687 Mar 6, 2014
trandiode wrote:
God exists but a state of a Nothingness can not and does not exist ! That is a Logical assumption ! Is it not ?:)
That is an illogical assumption. As if one assumption somehow justifies the other.

You are missing everything in between. I'm sure that statement sounds very clever in your head but means nothing when dissected.

The existence of God is not automatically proven because nothingness cannot exist.

God doesn't exist because he simply doesn't. Tell me, can God reproduce?

Fennario

#21688 Mar 6, 2014
trandiode wrote:
LOL, You have to have faith to believe in anything that includes evidence !
You're confused about what faith and evidence are.
trandiode wrote:
Why do Atheists detest the word Faith ?
We don't respect it as a path to knowledge.
trandiode wrote:
Atheists claim to base their beliefs entirely upon logic
Not at all. We also use evidence.
Walden

Tamworth, UK

#21689 Mar 6, 2014
trandiode wrote:
Absolutely not.
God was just a human invention and not a shed of evidence to prove god was real.
Which one would you believe in more?
a) something that can't be proved wrong.
b) something that can be proved with facts.
As iv said before IF the universe is infinite anything is possible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 33 min dollarsbill 6,058
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 hr Endofdays 93,421
News Scientific, Philosophical Case for God's Existe... Mon blacklagoon 3 89
News American Atheists terminates its president over... Apr 20 Eagle 12 - 19
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Apr 14 blacklagoon 3 4,141
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Apr 14 Into The Night 258,515
News The Anti-Christian Movement Apr 10 blacklagoon 3 11