Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24181 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#21608 Feb 28, 2014
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. I think you do not read my answers at all and keep on repeating your doubt.
Jesus was already a Muslim, why he had to convert to Islam? Islam means submitting oneself to his Creator and Jesus and all past prophets and all of their true followers were Muslims.
02. You have a very poor sense of humor, is that all I can say.
03. Judas and others who rejected Jesus or any of the prophets of God, were not Muslims. Judas , if the Gospel accounts are true, was a true Hypocrite.
Jesus said he was the son of god. Then those disciples who you say were also muslim changed it to him being the father and the son at the same time, didn't they?

So is it OK for muslims to claim to be god?

Your weird theories seem to have lots of contradictions.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#21609 Feb 28, 2014
MUQ wrote:
To say that Universe is not based on truth and justice, shows that you are very ignorant about it.
You're guessing, You guessed a long time ago, and I'll bet you either never knew it or else you have forgotten it. Either way, the things that you believe on faith are not considered meaningful to skeptics.
MUQ wrote:
The Darwinian theory of Survival is not true
The experts in the field say otherwise. Nobody else gets a vote. Nobody cares what Muslims or Christians think about evolution theory. Do you understand why? What if crack whores or rodeo clowns took a position against evolution, or for it even. Should anyone care?

Things believed on faith are of no interest to evidence based thinkers like evolutionary biologists and physical anthropologists That's fair, right?

So who are you arguing with with that? Do you know?
MUQ wrote:
if that was the case, MOST of humans would be immoral, cruel, and doing every thing to just get past.
Nope, We're evolving right through that. Some have already passed beyond, and some are still dragging their bible toting knuckles.

Don't bother to respond.
trandiode

Walkley Heights, Australia

#21610 Mar 1, 2014
it aint necessarily so wrote "Things believed on faith are of no interest to evidence based thinkers like evolutionary biologists and physical anthropologists That's fair, right?" You got that wrong ! The Physical evidence does not prove the theory it only supports it ! faith is what the theory really relies upon ! You can guess something may happen in a particular way, but you have to have faith in what you know now to make that guess/Theory :)
trandiode

#21611 Mar 1, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
Always repeating as a cretin parrot this story of nothingness.
Science tells us that if there has been that blast of energy for the Big Bang, there should have been some potential difference, but that known physical laws do not apply before BIG Bang.
Nothingness is in your brain.
] You mean to say Stephen Hawking spent over the past decade trying to explain what a nothingness is ? So it was all for nothing ? I bet he will be annoyed to hear you have all the answers, It appears you bright sparks are a lot brighter than he :)

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#21612 Mar 1, 2014
trandiode wrote:
it aint necessarily so wrote "Things believed on faith are of no interest to evidence based thinkers like evolutionary biologists and physical anthropologists That's fair, right?" You got that wrong ! The Physical evidence does not prove the theory it only supports it ! faith is what the theory really relies upon ! You can guess something may happen in a particular way, but you have to have faith in what you know now to make that guess/Theory :)
christians:

When they want to denigrate science, when they wish to give me insult, when they wish to defend their religion : They claim that my confidence is science is as filthy as their belief in god.
trandiode

#21613 Mar 1, 2014
I am so amazed that Atheists know more about Religion than they do Science ! Scientists are trying so very desperately to make String Theory stick ! Do you know why ? Because there are more flaws in it than the floors in the Burj Khalifa in Dubai ! That is why multi- universes are the go of late ! Not too many scientists have FAITH in the Big Bang theory anymore ! Time for a change, leaves far more room for a God to get through ! Alas you call God, God of the Gaps, its hard to understand that concept especially when you consider how large these gaps really are and how miniscule science and its theories really are in the scheme of things !
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#21614 Mar 1, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> ] You mean to say Stephen Hawking spent over the past decade trying to explain what a nothingness is ? So it was all for nothing ? I bet he will be annoyed to hear you have all the answers, It appears you bright sparks are a lot brighter than he :)
Do you have any evidence for this claim?

After all, Hawking is an Atheist so you're certainly trying to say you know better than he does.

Once again you get caught trying to apply your own flaws to other people.

Since: Dec 06

Charlie's

#21615 Mar 1, 2014
trandiode wrote:
You mean to say spent over the past decade trying to explain what a nothingness is ? So it was all for nothing ? I bet he will be annoyed to hear you have all the answers, It appears you bright sparks are a lot brighter than he :)
I Didn't speak about Stephen Hawking but far as I know, Stephen Hawking worked mainly on singularities, and black holes dissipation and not nothingness that you obsessive display in this topic

Charlie's

#21616 Mar 1, 2014
trandiode wrote:
I am so amazed that Atheists know more about Religion than they do Science !
Atheists having had a strong religious culture before rejecting religion, that's fare more over what trandiode's brain can conceive

Charlie's

#21617 Mar 1, 2014
trandiode wrote:
The Physical evidence does not prove the theory it only supports it ! faith is what the theory really relies upon ! You can guess something may happen in a particular way, but you have to have faith in what you know now to make that guess/Theory
Still displaying your brain nothingness
The scientists get "faith" on their theories only when predictions made out of theses theories proved to be correct
trandiode

#21618 Mar 1, 2014
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any evidence for this claim?
After all, Hawking is an Atheist so you're certainly trying to say you know better than he does.
Once again you get caught trying to apply your own flaws to other people.
You are silly, its because he is an atheist that he spent so much time trying to find an answer to explain a nothingness !
trandiode

#21619 Mar 1, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
Still displaying your brain nothingness
The scientists get "faith" on their theories only when predictions made out of theses theories proved to be correct
Your funny :) A theory is a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural and subject to experimentation, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact. Synonyms: idea, notion hypothesis, postulate. Antonyms: practice, verification, corroboration, substantiation.! By the way where are you going after your trip in the physical realm ? into a state of nothingness I assume LOL
trandiode

#21620 Mar 1, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
I Didn't speak about Stephen Hawking but far as I know, Stephen Hawking worked mainly on singularities, and black holes dissipation and not nothingness that you obsessive display in this topic
You must of missed out on his last couple of years worth of his work ! Mind you it was a bit humiliating for him when his theory of nothingness was balked by his peers :) I suggest you keep up with the times my friend :)
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#21621 Mar 1, 2014
Elixz wrote:
I Wonder what would happen if a random guy With long hairy leggs and long hair/beard shows up and says he's the Next final prophet... If anyone knows the answer please tell me. I will Call him Mismu=Mosses+Jesus/Isa+Mohamme d, I might say he is the child of those Three ^^. Or a Hippster Version of them, who knows, the thought is scary another wave of those would make them The Freaky Four.
That happened as recently as the 1830s....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Smith
and he didn't even bother with the beard. Then there's Scientology - some religionists are that easily misled.

Religion = superstition
Theology = mythology

In other news....

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middl...

Evolution.....
http://paulbraterman.wordpress.com/2014/02/22...
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#21622 Mar 1, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> You are silly, its because he is an atheist that he spent so much time trying to find an answer to explain a nothingness !
Has he?

No doubt you'll have proof of such a claim.

Charlie's

#21623 Mar 1, 2014
trandiode wrote:
Your funny :) A theory is a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural and subject to experimentation, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact. Synonyms: idea, notion hypothesis, postulate. Antonyms: practice, verification, corroboration, substantiation.! By the way where are you going after your trip in the physical realm ? into a state of nothingness I assume LOL
You haven't scientific culture enough, and dictionnaries give approximatives synonyms.
Theories can be well etablished by lots of experimentations.
A postulate is in no way a theory, it is an affirmation not to be discussed as the Euclids postulate.
In that sense, God existence is your postulate. If I reject Euclid's postulate, I can have a different geometry.
When I sketch perspective drawings, I reject Euclid's postulate because I say that a group of paralelle rights have a common point at the horizon, the horizon being at the distance I want it to be.
Now, my postulate is that there is no God, I cannot discuss your postulate, you cannot discuss mine.
When you have understood this, your LOLs may stop to regarded as imbecile's smiles

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#21624 Mar 1, 2014
trandiode wrote:
Science has nothing to do with faith, only evidence..

“I always flinch in embarrassment for the believer who trots out,“Atheism [or science] is just another kind of faith,” because it’s a tacit admission that taking claims on faith is a silly thing to do. When you’ve succumbed to arguing that the opposition is just as misguided as you are, it’s time to take a step back and rethink your attitudes.”- Amanda Marcotte
Richardfs

Merrylands, Australia

#21625 Mar 1, 2014
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
Has he?
No doubt you'll have proof of such a claim.
Yep, the voices in 'trandiode's' head.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#21626 Mar 1, 2014
Read wrote:
01. Jesus said he was the son of god. Then those disciples who you say were also muslim changed it to him being the father and the son at the same time, didn't they?

02. So is it OK for muslims to claim to be god?

03. Your weird theories seem to have lots of contradictions.
Ans.

01. Even If Jesus said "he was son of God", he used it in the sense, it was used by Jews, since he was of Jewish origin.

There are many, many sons of God in Jewish scriptures.

But Christians under the influence of St. Paul used this term in a "special sense" for Jesus.

From where you got the idea that Muslims (in your usage) made Jesus into Father and Son? We Muslims do not use such terms at all.

02. What is this nonsense that it is OK for Muslims to be god? From where you are getting these crazy ideas?

03. It is not my weird theories, it is your unfounded rendering of your confusing ideas.

Charlie's

#21627 Mar 2, 2014
MUQ wrote:
01. Even If Jesus said "he was son of God", he used it in the sense, it was used by Jews, since he was of Jewish origin.
There are many, many sons of God in Jewish scriptures.
But Christians under the influence of St. Paul used this term in a "special sense" for Jesus
St Paul is for little in Christians' belief that Jesus is son of God, it's the First Council of Nicaea which claimed it. Part of former Christians just believed that Jesus saying that he was a son of God was just as everyone is supposed to be "son of God". They were "Arianists" Christians and were wildely fought by official doctrine of the deity of Jesus

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr replaytime 70,279
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Subduction Zone 30,197
News Atheists on the march in America (Aug '09) 9 hr John 70,630
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 10 hr John 14,734
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 10 hr Paul Scott 3,800
How To Get To Heaven When You Die 10 hr Eagle 12 87
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 hr Eagle 12 258,473
More from around the web