Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 23,072

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story

Since: Dec 06

One of Paris nicest district

#21564 Feb 25, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
I let my grand children go their own ways without asking any return
After all, chidren didn't ask for being born, nor Man to be created

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#21565 Feb 25, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean it gets bigger when you take it out of the box?
How did that happen?
that is your claim aR aR you defend it

Location hidden

#21566 Feb 25, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense.
You are imagining something infinite. There is nothing infinite in existence.
The ant's walking distance, at any time, is finite. The distance walked by his successive generations, at any time, is finite.
It will always be finite. The only "infinite" in the story is what you imagine to be the infinite continued walking, but it never occurs. It cannot occur. It is impossible.
If you imagine the ant walking for infinite time, the imagined path is infinite. So if you imagine "infinite", you imagine "infinite".
There is no infinite path associated with the donut. There is nothing infinite associated with the donut.
The only infinite is in your head. That's the only place something infinite can be - imagination.
That's because "infinite" is an imaginary idea. It doesn't exist, and cannot exist.
Same for the pizza. We can imagine it being sliced into infinite slices. But it's impossible.
Infinite slices of pizza, of any size, would fill the planet and its atmosphere, and you would still have as much pizza to dispose of as when you started.
It would definitely not fit back in the box.
Infinite anything is impossible, and cannot exist.
do not take it out of the box

you stupid chit

if you leave it in the box, it must always fit.

your lack of ability to see the intermediary will always render you victim.

Location hidden

#21567 Feb 25, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense.
You are imagining something infinite. There is nothing infinite in existence.
The ant's walking distance, at any time, is finite. The distance walked by his successive generations, at any time, is finite.
It will always be finite. The only "infinite" in the story is what you imagine to be the infinite continued walking, but it never occurs. It cannot occur. It is impossible.
If you imagine the ant walking for infinite time, the imagined path is infinite. So if you imagine "infinite", you imagine "infinite".
There is no infinite path associated with the donut. There is nothing infinite associated with the donut.
The only infinite is in your head. That's the only place something infinite can be - imagination.
That's because "infinite" is an imaginary idea. It doesn't exist, and cannot exist.
Same for the pizza. We can imagine it being sliced into infinite slices. But it's impossible.
Infinite slices of pizza, of any size, would fill the planet and its atmosphere, and you would still have as much pizza to dispose of as when you started.
It would definitely not fit back in the box.
Infinite anything is impossible, and cannot exist.
certainly, no matter when we measure, we will find the ant to have traveled a finite distance, and have exactly the same future distance required to travel, and that is what is infinite,the future distance. You offer juvenile distraction. Your mind is damaged.

Location hidden

#21568 Feb 25, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no religion, and no religious faith.
So what is the difference, given I have faith that a god exists, but do not know it to be true, between my faith and that of science?
were we all to use private daffynitions of terms as do you, what little discourse remaining would disappear.

the term religion has fallen into such total disrepute, that even the god-bots decline to be associated.

Is there a more profound proof of the advance of atheism, and the decline of "religion"

I think not.

Persons like you, and RR, and Delusional Dave (and your other socks) are assisting in the demise of christianity and religious conviction in general.

YOU support no church, no central or common dogma, no common belief set, you do not contribute to the financial activities of any "religion" and yet are quick to associate yourselves with and "good" done by such institutions. You are the bane, nay the joke, of the remaining religious.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#21569 Feb 25, 2014
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
How many muslims were there at the time of jesus?
I expect your answer to be entertaining.
Jesus himself and all those who followed him to be very sure!!

And many many people in the world who believed in the message brought by their respective prophets, only Allah knows their exact numbers and their locations!!

PS:

Did you got entertained enough?
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#21570 Feb 25, 2014
DP wrote:
01. Following the Bible, hadn't Adam stained all mankind with the original sin, mankind would still tive in Paradise with no need of any prophet, and because I don't believe in your God, I don't commit any sin at him

02. Up till it felt down from my hands, realizing it was a pile of middle east halluciniated daydreams

03. You are just displaying here your ignorance. You don't know that the Cristians tell that the Holly Spirit of their God gave to Jesus' apostles the power of speaking foreign languages meaning that his message was bound to all mankind, not only the Jews.

04. As I told you before, Islam would be the last religion I could embrace, I have no respect for a so-called fatherly God who is supposed to have created men just to be self-satisfied with perfect men's obedience, as a grand-father, I let my grand children go their own ways without asking any return
Ans.

01. There is nothing called "Original Sin" and Sin is not inherited from father to son. This is false reasoning of St. Paul and not Jesus…. So your argument is wrong.

02. You have not read Quran and still you comment so "expertly" on its contents. Is it called Honesty?

03. Again this Holy Spirit speaking in multiple language is a fairy tale which Christians have invented.

Ask any Christian about a single word of what Holy Spirit taught to disciples on Pentecost day.

04. We are not discussing here, which religion should you accept.

We are just telling you what is Islam. It seems your knowledge about Islam is almost zero and what you know about it is what you get from the Western Media which is biased against Islam from the very beginning.

Your comments about God reflect your knowledge about Islam and its teachings.

Humans are given freedom of choice in this world and they would be questioned how they used that freedom, before their Creator. This is Islam in a nutshell.
CrimeaRiver

Wandsworth, UK

#21571 Feb 26, 2014
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. There is nothing called "Original Sin" and Sin is not inherited from father to son. This is false reasoning of St. Paul and not Jesus…. So your argument is wrong.
02. You have not read Quran and still you comment so "expertly" on its contents. Is it called Honesty?
03. Again this Holy Spirit speaking in multiple language is a fairy tale which Christians have invented.
Ask any Christian about a single word of what Holy Spirit taught to disciples on Pentecost day.
We are just telling you what is Islam. It seems your knowledge about Islam is almost zero and what you know about it is what you get from the Western Media which is biased against Islam from the very beginning.
Humans are given freedom of choice in this world and they would be questioned how they used that freedom, before their Creator. This is Islam in a nutshell.
Unlike some, I am not against Islam. To me, Islam is just as questionable as any of the other Abrahamic religions. Judaism, Christianity and Islam all come from the same place and yet all believe different things.

That sums up religion to me. None of you really know, you all claim to know but none of you can really be sure.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#21572 Feb 26, 2014
CrimeaRiver wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike some, I am not against Islam. To me, Islam is just as questionable as any of the other Abrahamic religions. Judaism, Christianity and Islam all come from the same place and yet all believe different things.
That sums up religion to me. None of you really know, you all claim to know but none of you can really be sure.
Thank you, for some one who is not interested in any religion, this is a fair comment.

So you leave us alone to our little games which we play. Things would be known to you once your eyes close for the last time on this earth.

It is very easy to deny every thing, it does not cost you any energy or effort!!

#21573 Feb 26, 2014
MUQ wrote:
You sure didn't read the Bible
MUQ wrote:
Fairy tale is that any prophet is god inspired
MUQ wrote:
The more I'm told about Islam, the more it think it's a rotten men invention
CrimeaRiver

Wandsworth, UK

#21574 Feb 26, 2014
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, for some one who is not interested in any religion, this is a fair comment.
So you leave us alone to our little games which we play. Things would be known to you once your eyes close for the last time on this earth.
It is very easy to deny every thing, it does not cost you any energy or effort!!
Religion is like an Oasis in the desert.

Some know it is a mirage and don't spend precious time and energy chasing something that does not exist.

Others are sure that the oasis is real and will chase it for their whole life in the hope that it may deliver paradise in the afterlife.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#21575 Feb 26, 2014
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus himself and all those who followed him to be very sure!!
And many many people in the world who believed in the message brought by their respective prophets, only Allah knows their exact numbers and their locations!!
PS:
Did you got entertained enough?
So despite jesus saying he was a jew, you know better.

Also, despite your religion not even existing then, there were lots of muslims.

Tell me, the jews who ensure jesus was crucified, were they also muslims?

#21576 Feb 26, 2014
I can read wrote:
So despite jesus saying he was a jew, you know better.
Also, despite your religion not even existing then, there were lots of muslims.
Tell me, the jews who ensure jesus was crucified, were they also muslims?
These Saudi Muslims want the whole planet to be submitted, past, present future, that's their agenda.
They want that History can begin only with Muhammad, that's why they are crap at History before him, even willing to ignore that there was a pagan Kabaa cult before Muhammad, therefore they must say that there were Muslims before Islam.
They revere a stone while saying that idolatry is a deadly sin.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#21577 Feb 26, 2014
CrimeaRiver wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is like an Oasis in the desert.
Some know it is a mirage and don't spend precious time and energy chasing something that does not exist.
Others are sure that the oasis is real and will chase it for their whole life in the hope that it may deliver paradise in the afterlife.
If there is no after life, then it shows that this universe is not based on truth and justice.

Because there are so many cases where the "wrong sort of people" gather wealth, power, respect and reverence.

In so many cases, their deeds are discovered after they are dead......

Someone makes a false movement and that gets millions of people involved in it and in the end it is proven as a false logic.

How can you close your eyes to all of that and sweep is under carpet?
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#21578 Feb 26, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
These Saudi Muslims want the whole planet to be submitted, past, present future, that's their agenda.
They want that History can begin only with Muhammad, that's why they are crap at History before him, even willing to ignore that there was a pagan Kabaa cult before Muhammad, therefore they must say that there were Muslims before Islam.
They revere a stone while saying that idolatry is a deadly sin.
I think Islam is the only religion which is so broadminded that it accepts Jewish prophets as its own!!

The broadmindedness which Muslims show towards Jewish prophet and Jesus is in exact contrast with what these people have to say about our prophet.

We never say that History started with our prophet, we never say that he brought a new religion, we never say that he was the only prophet, we never say that Quran is the only revelation sent to mankind.

What we say is the Our prophet is the Last and Final prophet in the long chain of Prophets and Quran is the Last and Best protected and Preserved of all revealed books.

And those who have any knowledge about these matters, understand and acknowledge this.

But those who are biased and have no knowledge, try to confuse themselves and others by making claims which Islam never did.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#21579 Feb 26, 2014
MUQ wrote:
I think Islam is the only religion which is so broadminded that it accepts Jewish prophets as its own!!
The Christians took their bible.

MUQ wrote:
The broadmindedness which Muslims show towards Jewish prophet and Jesus is in exact contrast with what these people have to say about our prophet.
I'm sure that broadmindedness is the first thing that both Christians and Jews think of when they think about Islam. That or terrorism.

MUQ wrote:
We never say that History started with our prophet -- What we say is the Our prophet is the Last and Final prophet
That makes all the difference.

It's a good thing that we have Muslims to tell us how good Islam is. Who else is going to do it?

Fennario

#21580 Feb 26, 2014
MUQ wrote:
It seems your knowledge about Islam is almost zero and what you know about it is what you get from the Western Media which is biased against Islam from the very beginning.
You guys have a pretty poor track record with suicide bombings and airplane hijackings, not to mention acid in the face and genital mutilation. It's hard to get good press after that.
MUQ wrote:
The Christians are pretty hung up on free will, too. Neither religion likes to come right out and tell you how much it hates that we have the ability to do what we want, but the contempt for the fact is palpable. The Christians also like to let you know as you just did what the price of exercising it will be - a subtle exhortation to crush your free will and submit.

Humanism celebrates that freedom.

Fennario

#21581 Feb 26, 2014
MUQ wrote:
So you leave us alone to our little games which we play. Things would be known to you once your eyes close for the last time on this earth. It is very easy to deny every thing, it does not cost you any energy or effort!!
Another subtle exhortation to submit. You have that in common with the Christians - the love of wheeling out that implied threat of postmortem judgment and punishment for the gall of exercising free will and living outside of the bondage of religion.

The main difference between unbelievers and theists like you and the Christians is that we will not kneel at the mere threat.

Fennario

#21582 Feb 26, 2014
MUQ wrote:
If there is no after life, then it shows that this universe is not based on truth and justice. Because there are so many cases where the "wrong sort of people" gather wealth, power, respect and reverence. In so many cases, their deeds are discovered after they are dead. Someone makes a false movement and that gets millions of people involved in it and.in the end it is proven as a false logic. How can you close your eyes to all of that and sweep is under carpet?
That's your reason for believing in a god - the lack of cosmic justice without one? Sorry, but reality doesn't conform to your psychological needs.

Besides, the Christian and Muslim visions of justice are not justice anyway, and wouldn't satisfy any decent person's need for cosmic justice anyway. Dahmer and bin Laden in heaven and Gandhi in hell is pretty far from just.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#21583 Feb 26, 2014
Read wrote:
01. So despite jesus saying he was a jew, you know better.

02. Also, despite your religion not even existing then, there were lots of muslims.

03. Tell me, the jews who ensure jesus was crucified, were they also muslims?
Ans.

It shows that you do not understand the meaning of Islam and Muslim.

Islam is submitting yourself to your Creator and Muslim is one who does that.

You do not have to speak Arabic language or be bron in Arabia to be a Muslim.

Now answering your questions:

01. Jesus was from Jewish background, but he was a Muslim and he preached the same message of One ness of God which all true prophets before him preached.

02. All the true followers of Jesus were Muslims, irrespective of which race they belonged to you.

03. Those who rejected the message of Jesus and tried to arrest and convict him, they were not Muslims, irrespective of whether they were from Jewish Race or Arabian race or Roman race.

Many people get same doubts as yourself, because they think that you should know Arabic to be a Muslim or that our prophet , peace be on him, brought a new religion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 hr Morse 232,033
God' existence 9 hr Geezerjock 1
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 10 hr tha Professor 1,051
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 18 hr Morse 30
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Thu Ooogah Boogah 14,456
Young atheists: The political leaders of tomorrow Thu thetruth 6
Why Christians should stick up for atheists Thu thetruth 8

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE