Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24181 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Since: Dec 06

Charlie's

#21344 Feb 20, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
That's the way it seems. He posts like he's software.
Did you watch "Psychology of Belief" videos ?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#21345 Feb 20, 2014

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#21346 Feb 20, 2014
<quoted text>
Well, certainly the "intelligence" of mindless software, for sure.

However, I'd expect a computer program to be more consistent.

;)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#21347 Feb 20, 2014
Thanks. I'll try to find time.
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#21348 Feb 20, 2014
America's Syria policy encourages the financing and supply of "terrorist organizations," Agence France-Presse reported Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov as saying on Thursday in the Iraqi capital.

----------

Massive Syrians rally in Damascus in support of Assad
Full story: Xinhuanet
Hundreds of Syrians held a pro- government rally in the heart of the capital Damascus on Wednesday, in a show of support for the administration of President Bashar al- Assad, whose country has been gripped by a three-year-old deadly conflict.

-=-==-====

What big jokes of Obama is of the terrible failures everywhere, as Obama is being against by global masses?

In Ukraine, Obama promotes hooliganism of protesters doing rioting to break the rule of law, to be anti by Ukrainian masses.

In Syria, Obama is also making his failure to say he wanted to strike Syria masses, yet Syrian masses are against him, in demonstrating the position of supporting Assad.

This is the new world not up to how US thinks as of these times.

Obama is really a nobody and US is merely a sore loser -- The world needs to look at the world as a whole in these new times.

Charlie's

#21349 Feb 20, 2014
JBH wrote:
Massive Syrians rally in Damascus in support of Assad
Full story: Xinhuanet
Hundreds of Syrians held a pro- government rally in the heart of the capital Damascus on Wednesday, in a show of support for the administration of President Bashar al- Assad, whose country has been gripped by a three-year-old deadly conflict.
-=-==-====
(...)
Better go tell this at http://www.topix.com/forum/world/TQOJ34IURNTP...

Fennario

#21350 Feb 20, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
Well, certainly the "intelligence" of mindless software, for sure.However, I'd expect a computer program to be more consistent. ;)
I was referring to how he seems oblivious to his audience, which has no respect for Islam, but he continues to praise nevertheless, and to refer its book despite the fact that we don't consider it authoritative. Also, like most theists, words come pouring out, but almost none go in.

It's a level of detachment that feels less than fully human - like conversing with a Magic 8-Ball,or having a conversation with a bag of Chinese fortune cookies. You feel like only one real person is present.

Fennario

#21351 Feb 20, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
He isn't anybody, it's a whole team of brainwashed guys operating from some saudi madrasa
In that case, you might expect to find evidence of multiple personalities. I was noting that I can't find evidence for one.
Spider

Cambridge, UK

#21352 Feb 20, 2014
<quoted text>
Indeed. MUQ clearly has no ability to actually think for himself.
He's essentially a human parrot, repeating the lies he was indoctrinated with, all without a single original thought of his own.
He is pretty quick to dodge questions, side step others posts, or just ignore them.

The spiel that he issues regarding the Koran, prophets and associated so called evidence as proof are pathetic in the extreme. I know a few muslims and they could knock muq into a cocked hat with more interesting argument.

It has been my opinion for some time now that muq is in fact a westerner, stirring trouble where ever he may, in oposition to islam.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#21353 Feb 20, 2014
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I was referring to how he seems oblivious to his audience, which has no respect for Islam, but he continues to praise nevertheless, and to refer its book despite the fact that we don't consider it authoritative. Also, like most theists, words come pouring out, but almost none go in.
It's a level of detachment that feels less than fully human - like conversing with a Magic 8-Ball,or having a conversation with a bag of Chinese fortune cookies. You feel like only one real person is present.
Indeed.... you are correct.

Except the bag of fortune cookies would at least be tasty.

:D

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#21354 Feb 20, 2014
<quoted text>
In that case, you might expect to find evidence of multiple personalities. I was noting that I can't find evidence for one.
Indeed. A plastic Barbie has more nuance.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#21355 Feb 20, 2014
Spider wrote:
<quoted text>
He is pretty quick to dodge questions, side step others posts, or just ignore them.
The spiel that he issues regarding the Koran, prophets and associated so called evidence as proof are pathetic in the extreme. I know a few muslims and they could knock muq into a cocked hat with more interesting argument.
It has been my opinion for some time now that muq is in fact a westerner, stirring trouble where ever he may, in oposition to islam.
Interesting. You may be correct, as MUQ is certainly not doing islam any favors.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#21356 Feb 20, 2014
I watched the first one. Interesting, but not surprising.

#21358 Feb 20, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
Cowards
Yes, you are. Intellectual cowards.

#21359 Feb 20, 2014
<quoted text>
Thanks. I'll try to find time.
You will like it. Particularly part 10.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#21360 Feb 20, 2014
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
So in other words you think the ghandi should burn in hell but Osama Bin Laden goes to heaven and gets lots of virgins.
Yet you claim without religion there is no basis for morality.
That makes you sound like a murderous psychopath who has zero concept of what morality even is.
I have no right to say or decide who goes to heaven or who goes to hell or should go to hell.

The criterion are mentioned in the revealed book of Allah, it is every one' choice to take the right path or take the wrong path.

They have themselves to blame for what choice they made.

Any why should you worry about others? What about You?

Brother First save yourself then others!!
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#21361 Feb 21, 2014
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no right to say or decide who goes to heaven or who goes to hell or should go to hell.
The criterion are mentioned in the revealed book of Allah, it is every one' choice to take the right path or take the wrong path.
They have themselves to blame for what choice they made.
Any why should you worry about others? What about You?
Brother First save yourself then others!!
Displaying your morality again there.

Bin Laden gets his Virgins but Buddha and Jesus both burn in hell because they took 'the wrong path'.

What percentage of all the humans ever to have lived have had their everlasting souls sent to burn in hell for all eternity just because they didn't believe in the same sky fairy you do?
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

#21362 Feb 21, 2014
When did you first consider yourself to be no longer pert?
EXPERT wrote:
Cowards
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

#21363 Feb 21, 2014
islamist with no friends blows himself up and then finds out the truth about his 72 virgins: they come complete with 72 islamist fathers, 216 islamist brothers and 288 islamist uncles all waiting to honour kill him for touching "their" virgins.
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
Bin Laden gets his Virgins but Buddha and Jesus both burn in hell because they took 'the wrong path'.
What percentage of all the humans ever to have lived have had their everlasting souls sent to burn in hell for all eternity just because they didn't believe in the same sky fairy you do?

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#21364 Feb 21, 2014
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the most despicable part of his religion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr replaytime 67,322
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Into The Night 28,678
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 5 hr 15th Dalai Lama 3,538
is it ever right to hate Christians as a group? Tue superwilly 21
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) Tue superwilly 462
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Apr 22 IB DaMann 5,975
News Unholy? Atheists should embrace the science of ... Apr 20 Eagle 12 9
More from around the web