Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments
20,001 - 20,020 of 21,446 Comments Last updated Sunday Aug 17

Since: Dec 06

One of Paris nicest district

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Judged:

trandiode wrote:
What has atheism done for them ? No reason or purpose to have existed, no reward in an afterlife. All atheism leaves you is nothing but memories and bitterness on what could have been ! Faith gives them reason and purpose for their being and faith gives them Life eternal !
Life eternal, I admit that it's the most banckable item deists religioneers got in their purse.
Lend me some, God will reward with the most competivive interest rate, plus misericordious holly bonus.
Paradisiac dreams almost for FREE SUBSCRIPTION, don't wait, limited offer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
None of the Best Scientific mind was ever a denier of God....each of them had a different model, depending upon his own understanding.
Ones who Totally deny presence of any Creator have no scientific brains, otherwise they should have known the limits of their science and their brains. At best they are Pseudo Scientists who are misusing science for purposes it was intended for.
Absolutely pointless
Scientists want to have refutable propositions and theories, saying that existence of God is unrefutable pushes you out of scientific domain.

try something else
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Judged:

Spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Who made your god ?
If your god made the universe,, from were did he or her obtain the materials ?
Think that is a SUPER Question? Do you?

In fact it is the most childish question, but Atheists think that it is their Master piece!!

God is the ONLY uncreated being !! Rest every thing is created!!

If God was also created then it would be a never ending process..

Like there is no digit before Zero, so God is Uncreated.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Judged:

DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely pointless
Scientists want to have refutable propositions and theories, saying that existence of God is unrefutable pushes you out of scientific domain.
try something else
You are misusing science, asking it to answer, which is outside its purview.

The blame is on you and not on science, which is simply a study of things in nature and find out relationship between them and HOW they work.

Not WHY!!
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Judged:

Things "suddenly come to people" as a result of the individual's accumulated knowledge from a lifetime of living, experience, study and research.

That's how the mind works...things don't just "pop" into it after being whispered to by some all powerful creator...
Richardfs

Saint Marys, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Things "suddenly come to people" as a result of the individual's accumulated knowledge from a lifetime of living, experience, study and research.
That's how the mind works...things don't just "pop" into it after being whispered to by some all powerful creator...
MUQ wrote:
Polly want a cracker?

BTW what you have just done is plagiarism pure and simple.
Richardfs

Saint Marys, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask any scientist, how some "original idea" came into his mind?
He will say "It just came, all of a sudden"....
"Why it did not come to hundreds of thousands of scientists who were before him?"
These are "Hints" that come from the Creator!!
Otherwise the course of science would be very different and its progress much stunted.
How is this as food for thought?
What a load drivel, once again all you have demonstrated is a complete lack of understanding of anything to do with science.

But don't let me stop you.

BTW why are you afraid to denounce the rape, murder and abuse of little girls caused by your religion, what are you a coward?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

Judged:

Spider wrote:
Who made your god ?
MUQ wrote:
Yeah - I do, too. What's your answer?
MUQ wrote:
In fact it is the most childish question, but Atheists think that it is their Master piece!!
Answer the childish question. Or is it over your head?
MUQ wrote:
If God was also created then it would be a never ending process.

Yeppers. Hence there are no gods. The insertion of a god into the problem solves nothing except to cause simple people to stop wondering.
MUQ wrote:
Fail. Special pleading.

Here's childish to me "You have to account for universe, and if you can't, it must be due to a god, but I don't have to account for the god I claim made it. Why? I don't want to, and if you insist I do, I'll call you childish and come up with a pithy and irrelevant aphorism."
MUQ wrote:
And there it is: the pithy and irrelevant aphorism offered as an argument. There's also no digit after nine. Does that explain why a cat has no more than nine lives to you, or why clouid nine is the highest cloud?
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

Judged:

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
What a load drivel, once again all you have demonstrated is a complete lack of understanding of anything to do with science.
But don't let me stop you.
BTW why are you afraid to denounce the rape, murder and abuse of little girls caused by your religion, what are you a coward?
Is that how you answer a question?

Is that how you duck the main issue?

Is that the depth of your knowledge?

Well, I knew it!!
Spider

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Childish ? was it not childish to ignore part B of my question.

Let us try again.

From where did your god obtain the materials to create the universe ?????

Your belief system demonstrates a digit before zero according to you.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
You are misusing science, asking it to answer, which is outside its purview. The blame is on you and not on science, which is simply a study of things in nature and find out relationship between them and HOW they work. Not WHY!!
Goddidit doesn't explain how, either. Goddidit doesn't answer anything.

Furthermore, anything that exists is nature. There is nothing above nature (supernatural), below it (infranatural), outside it (exonatural), or beside it (justanatural). Those are all just words, each as meaningless as the other.

Faith has you totally confounded with empty words that have no referent outside of the imagination - words like "god" and "supernatural." Faith is a disease of the rational though process caused by a virus of sorts created by priests to which children are most susceptible.

Incidentally, I notice that you dodged the question about all of those Muslims wanting others beheaded < http://snipurl.com/28l7dyl >

Good choice.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
Yeah, we know. Yesterday, you were offering that "popping" as a "hint" that your god existed:

MUQ wrote: "Ask any scientist, how some "original idea" came into his mind? He will say "It just came, all of a sudden"."Why it did not come to hundreds of thousands of scientists who were before him?" These are "Hints" that come from the Creator!!"

Not so much today. What happened?

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

Judged:

richardfs wrote:
What a load drivel, once again all you have demonstrated is a complete lack of understanding of anything to do with science. But don't let me stop you. BTW why are you afraid to denounce the rape, murder and abuse of little girls caused by your religion, what are you a coward?
MUQ wrote:
Is that how you answer a question? Is that how you duck the main issue. Is that the depth of your knowledge? Well, I knew it!!
Yeah, Richard - the way to duck an issue is to either use a pithy and irrelevant aphorism ("One is the loneliest number"), insult your collocutors and call them childish for not accepting your faith based god claims, parrot a post for no apparent reason, or simply refuse to answer good questions asked in good faith.
Richardfs

Saint Marys, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that how you answer a question?
Is that how you duck the main issue?
Is that the depth of your knowledge?
Well, I knew it!!
1. Your complete ignorance of all of the sciences precludes you from been able to ask a sensible question in the first place.

2. There is no main issue as you have zero and I mean zero idea of what you are talking about.

3. The difference between you and me is that you are a godbot pretending to know something about science and I am a scientist.

4. That's the problem you are so ignorant of any of the sciences that you don't know what you don't know and are too arrogant to realize it.

BTW why don't denounce your religion for its abuse, rape and murder of little girls, I thought Arab men were supposed to be brave, you are just a spineless little boy.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

Judged:

Spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Childish ? was it not childish to ignore part B of my question.
Let us try again.
From where did your god obtain the materials to create the universe ?????
Your belief system demonstrates a digit before zero according to you.
You do not even KNOW what is Creation?

God created the material, we only change the shape!!

So is there really NO DIGIT before zero?
CrimeaRiver

Wandsworth, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

Judged:

trandiode wrote:
Now that the Atheists, Have lost the debate about The Big Bang Theory, The Theory of Evolution and have given no real meaningful or scientific based answers that Justify their beliefs 1) that a God does not exist 2) There is no reason for existence 3) Life in reality is meaningless ! I will now move to the next Question ! Are You Atheists open to a belief in anything Paranormal ? A sixth sense perhaps ? Anything that goes beyond matter ?
Are you talking about those abilities that raligious orders have deemed evil for the last 500 years? That religious orders have tried to quash through various inquisitions and witchhunts..... Yes I am aware of them.

Telekenesis, Telepathy and other ESPs are well documented in rare cases. That is a hell of a lot more than can be said for sightings of God.

So yes - there is more research required into the subject of ESPs. Study is possible because cases of ESP are physical and quantifiable. That makes them of this realm and eventually scientific reason can be used to explain the phenomena.

There is still no such way to study or quantify God's presence or existence.

In fact, every passing year simply presents less evidence of God.
CrimeaRiver

Wandsworth, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

Judged:

fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
You've hit the bull's eye.All the ultra- religious countries are poor.Religious people never paved the way for scientific development.West could become affluent only because it had all kinds of technologies that made industrial revolution possible.These countries have contributed little to science and hence they are backward.
Not always so. Many of the richest countries on earth are Islamic. Saudi Arabia, Dubai - most of the Emirate States in facts.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not even KNOW what is Creation?
God created the material, we only change the shape!!
So is there really NO DIGIT before zero?
Could you answer some basic questions about what you believe?

You obviously refuse to even contemplate the question of where your god comes from. So how long ago do you think he created the universe?

You've said that man is above animals but also claimed that any good idea had by a scientist was actually god putting the idea in their head. Doesn't that mean man has even less free will than an animal and is in fact a useless puppet, not even truly alive?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
God is the ONLY uncreated being !!
It is so because you invent God so. This is the theist postulate.You can hammer it lons g as you can,
MUQ wrote:
Exactly same as egg or chicken
It is, so that why believers had to invent infinity and ethernity to make a relevant frame for such god
MUQ wrote:
Zero is a humane invention as well as "Uncreated God", Infinite &#8734;
The Arabs are supposed to have stollen Zero from Indian Mathematics and to have it spread to Christians, and we all play with under zero digits with such equations as
-4 +(-2)=-16

Now, you cannot escape this fact, all that can be said of a God is the produce of human mind, brain, speach. You can hammer it long as you can you have Uncreated God, the answer is that this is at first produce of your imagination

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

Judged:

DonPanic wrote:
and we all play with under zero digits with such equations as
-4 +(-2)=-16
And make stupid mistakes, but that doen't change facts that we conceive also negative energy as well as anti-matter.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••