Yahweh: A Volcano Mountain GOD of Fire and War

Posted in the Atheism Forum

Since: Nov 12

Salem, MA

#1 Nov 17, 2012
Now I am sure many of you had heard this case brought up before, and usually it's probably by someone pointing out a verse or two out of the bible. So I figured I would go into the subject and really go deep into the argument concerning Yahweh being a Volcano GOD, and give you a real in depth understanding of where it comes from, and what the argument is really about. In this topic we will indeed explore the bible, but we will also go beyond the bible itself and take a look at ancient history of religion along the way. Now this cites a lot of material, and it's up to you to really explore these articles to which include following various linked material, books, and citations. However, I believe you may find these articles worth the read.:)

This first article below goes over the basics to which primarily focuses on the bible to which primarily in concerns to Psalms, Exodus, and the Deuteronomy. However, also [b]covers many other sections of the bible and supporting information.[/b]

Article 1:

Yahweh: The worshiping of a Volcano / fire GOD of War.
http://matt-mattjwest.newsvine.com/_news/2012...

Abstract:

[quote]I have given much thought about posting this Satanical and blasphemous article on Newsvine, and it has been a while since I have posted such an article of evil. One may believe I have been tempered in the light, but yet I have a scorching urge to post such darkness of the flaming tongue. This to which I can not ignore or resist as it burns to erupt from within. And thus I have felt in the end that this volcanic subject deserved a bit of attention for a bit of candle lit enlightenment, flickering out from the ash shadows of darkness from which this volcanic beast hides.[/quote]

The second article here goes much deeper to help put the first article into a detailed understanding of Yahweh in relation to mountain GOD worship. This article covers a lot of ground that ranges from the Egyptians to modern day Abraham religions such as Judaism.:

Article 2:
Mountain GOD Worship: Yahweh, God of the Mountains.
http://matt-mattjwest.newsvine.com/_...-the-m...

Abstract:

[quote]I remember as a child playing "King of the hill", and how when I ever laid a successful sack of the mighty mountain that I would be King of all the realms before me. Truly the most high is crowned the overlord of the kingdoms, and I would seek my wrath should my position ever had been challenged. It's a game I am sure many of us remember, but I wonder how many actually understand how true this game is to the history religion in ancient Mesopotamia. And how true it is to the wars where territories were associated with particular Mountain GOD's, all fighting to be King of the hill. This region of the world of mountain GOD's are often depicted with a father, a chief of the mountains that has often been referred to as "God of the Mountains", a crowned King and father of the GODs in ancient Mesopotamian history that has shaped Godly figures such as El, El Elyon, El Shaddia, Baal, Zeus, Yahweh, and many other mountain GOD deities throughout ancient times[/quote]

Enjoy :)

Since: Nov 12

Salem, MA

#2 Nov 17, 2012
Testing quote commands..Please ignore this post:
:test
test
<blockquote>test</blo ckquote>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 29 min One way or another 16,721
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 34 min Eagle 12 4,813
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Eagle 12 235,663
The Consequences of Atheism 1 hr Thinking 766
Is Religion Childish? 1 hr Thinking 142
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 10 hr ChristineM 6,034
Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not ... (Sep '13) 11 hr ChristineM 3,036
More from around the web