Atheism Destroyed in Under 50 Seconds

Posted in the Atheism Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Jun 12

London, UK

#1 Jun 24, 2012


Yet another video debunking atheism and no this isn't that video created by TheDemonicSoulOne which really wasn't that great...

The video addresses The String Theory universe theory that some atheists say led to our universe along with other atheistic theories for creation.

I still can't believe why some people don't believe in God. I can understand agnosticism but outright denying God isn't really logical when it's been proved that the universe had a beginning. At least agnostics don't take God out of the formula.

Atheism isn't a logical theory however you look at it. It's more ludicrous than Scientology.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#2 Jun 24, 2012
Let me just go ahead and save everyone's time. It's the tired old the universe has order and a beginning. Only a creator could create such as this because something can't come from nothing. Well except God because he is timeless and came from nothing. I busted out laughing so hard when it gets to that part. Everything must have had a creator well except God naturally.

Rotflmfao
Mikko

Södertälje, Sweden

#3 Jun 24, 2012
yawn
Amused

Lowell, MA

#5 Jun 25, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Let me just go ahead and save everyone's time. It's the tired old the universe has order and a beginning. Only a creator could create such as this because something can't come from nothing. Well except God because he is timeless and came from nothing. I busted out laughing so hard when it gets to that part. Everything must have had a creator well except God naturally.
Rotflmfao
Except that a creator is, almost by necessity, more complex that the creation. No shoe is as complex as a cobbler. No house is as complex as a carpenter. If god existed, he would be more complex than the universe. The likelihood of anything so complex as the creator of the universe spontaneously existing is thus even less than the likelihood of the universe existing spontaneously. This makes a creator god highly improbable. Indeed, such complexity is only seen in the universe as a result of a process of evolution. Evolution requires many, many successive generations. A single being is incapable of evolving. Therefore, a complex creator could not have evolved from a simpler being and could not have spontaneously come into existence.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#6 Jun 25, 2012
Well said! I love Theists who say somebody had to create the universe. How could such a complex thing been made out of nothing. God on the other hand in their next breath need not follow the same rules. Honestly I laugh at their feeble attempts you'd think they'd get at least a little better at this.

Lol maybe santa in the sky will help them :)
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that a creator is, almost by necessity, more complex that the creation. No shoe is as complex as a cobbler. No house is as complex as a carpenter. If god existed, he would be more complex than the universe. The likelihood of anything so complex as the creator of the universe spontaneously existing is thus even less than the likelihood of the universe existing spontaneously. This makes a creator god highly improbable. Indeed, such complexity is only seen in the universe as a result of a process of evolution. Evolution requires many, many successive generations. A single being is incapable of evolving. Therefore, a complex creator could not have evolved from a simpler being and could not have spontaneously come into existence.
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

#7 Jun 25, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Let me just go ahead and save everyone's time. It's the tired old the universe has order and a beginning. Only a creator could create such as this because something can't come from nothing. Well except God because he is timeless and came from nothing. I busted out laughing so hard when it gets to that part. Everything must have had a creator well except God naturally.
Rotflmfao
I always love that particular answer

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#8 Jun 25, 2012
"Atheism Destroyed in Under 50 Seconds"

Well....It's been over a day now, and we are still waiting for the destruction.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#9 Jun 25, 2012
Give it another 4000 years God's slow lmfao
MrDesoto1 wrote:
"Atheism Destroyed in Under 50 Seconds"
Well....It's been over a day now, and we are still waiting for the destruction.

Since: Dec 11

Perth, Western Australia

#10 Jun 25, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Give it another 4000 years God's slow lmfao
<quoted text>
Huh, something was said, not good. What was it? Don't yell at Homer. No, that's ok. What was it? Slow. They called you slow!

How dare you call me slow!

:)

Since: Mar 11

United States

#11 Jun 26, 2012
Yes apparently that's what God's been doing on the whole end of days thing. Try that skit for 2000 plus years and counting lmfao!!
Luke1981 wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh, something was said, not good. What was it? Don't yell at Homer. No, that's ok. What was it? Slow. They called you slow!
How dare you call me slow!
:)

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#12 Jun 26, 2012
MrDesoto1 wrote:
"Atheism Destroyed in Under 50 Seconds"
Well....It's been over a day now, and we are still waiting for the destruction.
The only thing that can damage an atheist's lack of belief are some cold hard facts about god being real.

Like we'll ever see that!!!!

Since: Mar 11

United States

#13 Jun 26, 2012
These arguments are preposterous! How can you destroy doubt? We have mountains of proof from scientists of all specialties in overwhelming consensus agree on evolution. You can see it clear as day in fossil remains as well as current genetic dna testing.

With all this solid tested and retested proof has it destroyed the disbelief in religious wackjobs? No. So if all of that scientific proof hasn't destroyed the fairy tale myth some cling to how would some half baked argument talking about order in the universe destroy our need for verifying proof?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#14 Jun 26, 2012
Gabrian wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =XEl87kY7SnEXX
Yet another video debunking atheism and no this isn't that video created by TheDemonicSoulOne which really wasn't that great...
The video addresses The String Theory universe theory that some atheists say led to our universe along with other atheistic theories for creation.
I still can't believe why some people don't believe in God. I can understand agnosticism but outright denying God isn't really logical when it's been proved that the universe had a beginning. At least agnostics don't take God out of the formula.
Atheism isn't a logical theory however you look at it. It's more ludicrous than Scientology.
Why don't you list a list of the physical evidence you have collected that suggests there exists a supreme being and there was a creation , you know all that jive?

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#15 Jun 26, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Why don't you list a list of the physical evidence you have collected that suggests there exists a supreme being and there was a creation , you know all that jive?
They have nothing.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#16 Jun 26, 2012
Gabrian wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =XEl87kY7SnEXX
Yet another video debunking atheism and no this isn't that video created by TheDemonicSoulOne which really wasn't that great...
The video addresses The String Theory universe theory that some atheists say led to our universe along with other atheistic theories for creation.
I still can't believe why some people don't believe in God. I can understand agnosticism but outright denying God isn't really logical when it's been proved that the universe had a beginning. At least agnostics don't take God out of the formula.
Atheism isn't a logical theory however you look at it. It's more ludicrous than Scientology.
Atheism is not a theory. String theory is a theory. They are not the same thing or necessarily connected in any way. any atheist can have any theory he or she wishes - or none at all - about whether the universe had a socalled beginning or not, and what it was like if there was one, or not. It has nothing to do with what atheism is.

atheism is also not the claim that there is no god. Atheism is not believing in a God. some types of atheists are called hard atheists, and may claim to have knowledge and proof that there is no God, god, Gods, or gods. that is their problem. I am not one of them. i make no claim of knowing.

my type of atheist is called agnostic atheist. we make no claim to know, but we do not believe that there is a God, god, gods, or Gods - at least we do not believe in any version we have ever heard of or thought about or read about. We might be open minded about something we never heard of before, that someone claims is an existing being called a god, or God. I would be. Others might not be.

You are not a student of philosophy or logic obviously. you are just a garden variety believer. such people do not destroy atheism, they do not even know what it is.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#17 Jun 26, 2012
MrDesoto1 wrote:
<quoted text>
They have nothing.
that is why the burden of proof should always be on them, and why agnostic atheism wins the day, and hard atheism throws the game and lets the theists get a big victory - when the hard atheists take on the burden of proof by saying they know there is no god, and can prove it, and then don't and can't, or won't if they can (which i think highly unlikely).

I am a happy, even sanguine agnostic atheist, with no burden of proof. only a big burden of explaining to idiots about the differences between hard atheists and agnostic atheists (mistakenly and insultingly called soft or weak atheists - there is nothing soft or weak about such agnosticism).

I would bet you are an agnostic atheist. would I be correct?
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#18 Jun 26, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
These arguments are preposterous! How can you destroy doubt? We have mountains of proof from scientists of all specialties in overwhelming consensus agree on evolution. You can see it clear as day in fossil remains as well as current genetic dna testing.
With all this solid tested and retested proof has it destroyed the disbelief in religious wackjobs? No. So if all of that scientific proof hasn't destroyed the fairy tale myth some cling to how would some half baked argument talking about order in the universe destroy our need for verifying proof?
were you replying to someone in particular, or to a series of arguments, or the original heading? glad to see you here, getting to know you a bit better.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#19 Jun 26, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Well said! I love Theists who say somebody had to create the universe. How could such a complex thing been made out of nothing. God on the other hand in their next breath need not follow the same rules. Honestly I laugh at their feeble attempts you'd think they'd get at least a little better at this.
Lol maybe santa in the sky will help them :)
<quoted text>
hey, I was with you until you started in on santa.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#20 Jun 26, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing that can damage an atheist's lack of belief are some cold hard facts about god being real.
Like we'll ever see that!!!!
I doubt if one would ever see cold hard facts abotu god being real. I think different atheists could change into believers based on different things, and some might change for emotional or psychological reasons, or under family pressure or to please a new spouse, or to get elected to office - maybe by pretending to believe long enough for business, family, or politicl purposes that the person started half-believing some of it.

I think you are probably an example of the cold hard rationalist who would never change your view. But I also think you have an ego investment in your view, and would not change for that reason.
you are too eager to put down anyone who does not completely agree with you, and too hasty to falsely accuse people, that I think you are not entirely the cold hard rationalist you wish you were, or pretend to be.

by the way, if you are a hard atheist, and can prove there is no god, please do so for us, and let us see your reasoning. you take on the burden of proof when you say you can prove it, or that you know it. so show your stuff - if you brag about it!
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#22 Jun 26, 2012
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that a creator is, almost by necessity, more complex that the creation. No shoe is as complex as a cobbler. No house is as complex as a carpenter. If god existed, he would be more complex than the universe. The likelihood of anything so complex as the creator of the universe spontaneously existing is thus even less than the likelihood of the universe existing spontaneously. This makes a creator god highly improbable. Indeed, such complexity is only seen in the universe as a result of a process of evolution. Evolution requires many, many successive generations. A single being is incapable of evolving. Therefore, a complex creator could not have evolved from a simpler being and could not have spontaneously come into existence.
Very rational. I do prefer the cautious terms such as highly improbable.

Do you accept the distinction between hard atheist ( making a claim to know there is no God) and agnostic atheist (not making a knowledge claim and also not believing)? If so, do you describe yourself as being firmly one or the other?

I am an agnostic atheist about all possible definitions of God that I know of, except that I am a hard atheist on one thing - that there could not be an allpowerful, allknowing, creator god, creator of the laws of nature, intentinal being, intervener in events, that is also all good. I could imagine one that is more evil than good, or half and half, to be generous! but never one that is all good, plus those other characteristics. Pain and suffering make that an impossibility, in my view.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min New Age Spiritual... 230,092
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 35 min love_spell 22,997
Our world came from nothing? 58 min Larry 1,059
Islam for peace, or violence? 3 hr JIN 51
Man center of the universe. 5 hr hpcaban 88
Does Being 'Spiritual But Not Religious' Really... 5 hr hpcaban 4
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 6 hr Pahu 1,402

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE